What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dyson Ships broken

Comments

• Options
    mrseelemrseele Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have the same problem on my FED Dyson Science Destroyer: I can't change my commander science ability - it is locked at the first default commander ability my boffs had. Regarding the tactical slot I do not have a tactical boff with two commander abiliies (yet), so I do not know.

Character is Venari@mrseele

Also, there is a fifth (unusable) ability slot for the commander science ability on that ship for my main science boff. I have had those on other occasions as well, but I could always fix them via "Reset to Default", but here it does not help.
  • Options
    tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still an issue. tried changing the abilities while in space in tac and sci mode, changing boffs ground and space, etc.

I am able to use my cmdr sci ability all the time (ship was in sci mode at time of change), but unable to change my tac cmdr ability from one trained ability to another.

Taibin@kardat

and blatant bump. These ships are one of the better options for Rom Sci's, please address.
  • Options
    andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is a workaround for this issue, so you can use the commander slots with the skill you want.

The commander ability that gets "auto" selected is always the ability that is "last", based on alphabetically order.

As example Sci Boffs that have viral matrix 2/3 will always use this ability. So you need to make sure the skill you want as commander ability is the one that is last in the page layout. So viral matrix overrides Tycons2/3 and tycons overrides GW2/3.
    So if you want to use GW3 you need a boff that has a pre learned skill that starts before the letter "G" or has the tier 2 version, which you can override with the tier 3.
    This means "V"iral matrix boffs are the worst and "C"harged particle and "E"nergy siphon boffs are the best, since those skills are top left and come early in the alphabet.

This also means you need one boff per commander skill you want to use.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you're still seeing this, try reseating your Bridge Officers, and/or switching to a different ship and back to your Dyson. You might also need to change maps to force the ship to update.

If all that fails, and you still experience the bug, please reply with your character's name@handle.

Sorry Deacon, nothing worked.

Azuria@Amahino
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Since the March 12th update, are you guys still seeing this?

I ask because I'm not able to reproduce the issue with a copy of one of the previously reported characters.

If you're still seeing this, let me know the name@handle of the character and I'll dig into this some more as time allows.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015

I ask because I'm not able to reproduce the issue with a copy of one of the previously reported characters.

If you're still seeing this, let me know the name@handle of the character and I'll dig into this some more as time allows.

Still the same.

I had stopped using the ship because it was far too annoying, but I've just switched back to it after seeing your post and it's the exact same issue. I still can't change either of my commander sci or tac level boff powers.

S'anra@khamseen

If it wasn't the anniversary version, I'd discard it and reclaim it to see if that fixed it. This is a prime example of why we need to be able to reclaim ships like this. :P
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    andyy22andyy22 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yes same problem and now have 5 Sci Boffs specifically with only one Commander ability to solve this bug.

"AndyPandy@AndyPandy22"
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Sorry boss still the same.

Azuria@Amahino

I want to run Gravity Well 3 in my Science commander slot and I'm stuck with Viral Matrix. This saddens me greatly. :(
    Still the same.

I had stopped using the ship because it was far too annoying, but I've just switched back to it after seeing your post and it's the exact same issue. I still can't change either of my commander sci or tac level boff powers.

S'anra@khamseen

If it wasn't the anniversary version, I'd discard it and reclaim it to see if that fixed it. This is a prime example of why we need to be able to reclaim ships like this. :P

Amen my Felinoid brother.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cyy@rmy1081 KDF Tactical DSD
    Vahel@rmy1081 Romulan Tactical DSD

both still broken. I dismissed the KDF Tactical DSD and reupgraded it and it still has problems. maybe it's the boffs and not the ship but I can't think of a way to test that out.

Thanks for keeping on this frost!
  • Options
    saejin2000saejin2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    saejinx@saejin2000
  • Options
    doctheopdoctheop Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you're still seeing this, try reseating your Bridge Officers, and/or switching to a different ship and back to your Dyson. You might also need to change maps to force the ship to update.

If all that fails, and you still experience the bug, please reply with your character's name@handle.

still no luck after trying the above suggestions.

Dr. Theopolis@DocTheop
  • Options
    admiralmurkadmiralmurk Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still having problems
    Bosleyy@Admiralmurk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Make sure the test char has been trained in multiple skills, and that the default skills are not the highest alphabetically

Kadra@morologus
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ty'rell@noctusxx

My Fed SCI also has this exact issue. Boff locks in on the commander power and cannot change it. I also often see a graphical glitch where it shows a blank 5 power slot. Only changing Boff's changes the power.

My Rom and KDF sci toons both work fine and do not have this issue. So for me at least only the Fed Dyson is broken.
  • Options
    ussnewenglandussnewengland Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Same issue. I have a T5U Cstore Dyson and I cannot change my Commander Sci ability. It's stuck on Tyken's Rift III and I want to slot GW III. I transferred my player onto Tribble and it does the same thing there. Please fix, this is the only ship I fly. I submitted a ticket today.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nccmark wrote: »
    In Tactical mode, you gain Commander tac ability but lose Commander sci ability

This is how its supposed to work. The ship has 2 modes, 1 that utilizes the extra sci ability, and one that utilizes the extra tac ability. Switching between them causes one of the abilities to be removed and replaced with the other. I hope everyone knows this, because its in the ship description.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    D'ellian@tremor3258 - I still cannot switch my commander sci or tact abiliites to other ones, specifically on the Tactical variant.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Kasaray@kasraken

Detailed description with screenshot posted here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1395941
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    kasraken wrote: »
    Kasaray@kasraken

Detailed description with screenshot posted here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1395941

This helped, and I was able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for the clear, detailed report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you still need more test cases? If so, I can send a fleetmate of mine your way.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This helped, and I was able to reproduce the issue. Thanks for the clear, detailed report.

THAT'S what it took for you guys to reproduce it??? :confused:

Well in any event, I'm glad you guys can see it now. I miss my Aves.
  • Options
    saejin2000saejin2000 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Almost 2 months with this bugged out Dyson. Has anyone received a fix yet?

Where do I send payment to get this fixed? (I'm serious)
  • Options
    eeb3eeb3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I to am having this issue with at least my Romulan character, tried to dismiss and retake the ship from the Z-Store and still having this issue Commander-level skill lockout issue.
    Known affected character: Kurihanshu@eeb3
    Bug ticket: #3,320,882.
  • Options
    maerikcharonmaerikcharon Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had the same issue, though the bug has kind of improved, I now at least have commander abilities, I just can't change them.
  • Options
    ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1- Do not forget that in zen store shows 70 inertia in tactical mode, was a major reason for buying it, but I realized that I was deceived by this wonderful company.

2- Cmd. station of boffs are buggy.

3- the masteries are not working properly.

4- One time or another in the battle cant change tactical mode to science or vice versa.

And

5- Elite Plasma Warp Core in epic STILL buggy.

6- Support within the game is fake.

7- Nerf is fast, to fix something that should have been promised no.

8- "Dont cry ppl, we ll make intel, commando, pilot ships!!! What you waiting for!?!?!?!" :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just checking in to ask if any progress has been made on this front.

It's been rather quiet since the devs were able to duplicate this bug.
  • Options
    wilksoneeyewilksoneeye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Just checking in to ask if any progress has been made on this front.

It's been rather quiet since the devs were able to duplicate this bug.

Any news on a solution to this bug?
  • Options
    pumamandingopumamandingo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually just bought the ROM Dyson Recon Sci Destroyer today (without having read this thread beforehand, unfortunately). I can confirm this is still an issue. Cannot switch cmdr boff abilities for either tac or sci seats.

Switching 'default' abilities doesn't seem to make a difference. Cannot switch from the cmdr ability the boff had when he joined my crew.

pumagirl@pumamandingo
  • Options
    krazymainerkrazymainer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This has been broken for quite some time now. I believe we should be able to get our zen refunded for this ship and/or the ship pack.