Comments

• Options
    k4yd33k4yd33 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nope :'( ...... stillz redz :|
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From the Neverwinter community manager who is orders of magnitude more competent than our own:

I miss Bran Flakes.....
  • Options
    selunite1982selunite1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can log into the account but when it gets to the character selection it tells me not during maint.
  • Options
    jlhaleyjlhaley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We're sorry captains, your ship will be self destructing in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..... O yea we forgot the 30 minute delay. Nevermind, Invaders BOARD THE SHIPS!!!
  • Options
    shipbustershipbuster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    no they arent
  • Options
    shmojoshmojo Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is what i imagine Cryptic HQ to be like during a normal work day:

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/246/865/2865246.gif

On the other hand, they could be more like this.
  • Options
    robatt1robatt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    no it's not
  • Options
    jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    to be fair to Captain Smirk, downtime is from 7AM-9AM, he is probably still asleep, just got up, or just arrived at work.
  • Options
    tecu3tecu3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oklavs wrote: »
    its back up
    i win

Definitely not back up yet. Launcher is once again functioning, but server is still down.
  • Options
    throatblockerthroatblocker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    servers are up now

they aren't i was booted off. Sorry
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Update 5 9:33 AM PST Running a few final checks now. Looking more likely that we will have the servers back at 10 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.
    From neverwinter's forum.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lmao..... trolled by the serverhamsters :eek:
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm new to this MMO but I'm getting the sensation that STO is the underdog of cryptics mmo series.. is that why NWN online gets more support due to more members? Please tell me if I'm wrong thanks.

Sort of. NW is the newer game and its community team seem to be a bit more response (strictly according to the evidence you see here, which is the scale of "the problem") but STO gets roughly on-par technical updates and content releases. Champions Online is the underdog.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    ryukusanagi21ryukusanagi21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Update 5 9:33 AM PST Running a few final checks now. Looking more likely that we will have the servers back at 10 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

so there is that.
  • Options
    jlhaleyjlhaley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    robatt1 wrote: »
    Half an hour, guys c'mon now half an hour late, really?
    jon1764 wrote: »
    to be fair to Captain Smirk, downtime is from 7AM-9AM, he is probably still asleep, just got up, or just arrived at work.

Smirk needs an assistant thats up at these hours ;)
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Our CM's can **** right off.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm new to this MMO but I'm getting the sensation that STO is the underdog of cryptics mmo series.. is that why NWN online gets more support due to more members? Please tell me if I'm wrong thanks.

Actually, Star Trek Online is apparently Cryptic's most successful game. Followed by NW and lastly by CO. It isn't that NW or CO are better games, that's subjective. It simply boils down to those games have better communication teams.

Same company, but seemingly completely different ways of dealing with customers from different products. It does boggle the mind.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    tecu3tecu3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "And we keep on waitin'/WAITIN'/Waitin' on the WORLD to change..."
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well my lunch time is over, so back to work, guess I'll miss my Rep window for today...
    At least I have the weekend to get it back inline with my lunch times.

So when will someone make this run on personal servers? (I know, quite impossible)
  • Options
    wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rnaught wrote: »
    Actually, Star Trek Online is apparently Cryptic's most successful game. Followed by NW and lastly by CO. It isn't that NW or CO are better games, that's subjective. It simply boils down to those games have better communication teams.

Same company, but seemingly completely different ways of dealing with customers from different products. It does boggle the mind.
    IC thanks..
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rnaught wrote: »

We have no information as to where STO now sits in the PWE hierarchy. The last statement made about it was before NWNs was Launched - where it was stated that STO was PWE's most popular game. It is quite possible that NWNs has surpassed STO - as fantasy-based games traditionally have a much bigger following then SciFi-based games.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jon1764jon1764 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jlhaley wrote: »
    Smirk needs an assistant thats up at these hours ;)

I believe that if there is some kind of after-hours emergency maintenance they usually don't provide much details. If they do, then it is some other employee that makes the announcement. Smirk can't be at the computer if he is asleep.

In a business they have to follow procedures. A dev may not have authority to comment about a patch to the public, that would be the Community Managers job. Granted the CM cannot be on the computer 24/7, they may have some kind of procedure such as another person will be allowed to make that announcement.

Even though it is just a forum, it is a business, and policies and procedures must be followed.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    servers are up now

No, they're not. You can patch, but if you check the server status indicator at top left, it is still showing a red dot.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tecu3 wrote: »
    "And we keep on waitin'/WAITIN'/Waitin' on the WORLD to change..."

"It's hard to beat the system
    When we're standing at a distance
    So we keep waiting"....

:)
  • Options
    ajb13ajb13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Longer than we'd like and shorter than the end of time.

And that is my best guess.

:cool:

I hate optimists
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    We have no information as to where STO now sits in the PWE hierarchy. The last statement made about it was before NWNs was Launched - where it was stated that STO was PWE's most popular game. It is quite possible that NWNs has surpassed STO - as fantasy-based games traditionally have a much bigger following then SciFi-based games.

I don't know either. But I doubt Neverwinter is that massive either. Could be that STO makes most money but it does beg the question why STO is getting hammered so badly lately.

But yeah, where the heck are our official announcements about this downtime? Still no official post, at least not that I've noticed on these forums.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ajb13 wrote: »
    I hate optimists

I'm sure they love you.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    server is unavailable at this time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
This discussion has been closed.