Options

Account server Maintainance [completed]

Comments

• Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    That's another 7 minutes for me then.

Except we're here... Our community managers have a job to do - which they're seemingly not doing - this is the obvious concern for many here.

Our CM's are too busy elsewhere to give a flying **** about us, is that not clear for everyone? :rolleyes:
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Even the neverwinter twitter feed is updated frequently during the maintenance. Champions not so much but at least it is mentioned that the servers are going down.
  • Options
    krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Join me in wanting the STO CM's to be fired?

I would not wish anyone to lose a job, but I do think the community team needs to be expanded to members who are not 9-5 California based... More global, One European, Asian/Pacific then there could be some online most of the time. Maybe not full staff but paid a retainer or game perks for lending a helping hand.....
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How come the launcher doesn't have the updated times?
    Just makes these places seam so lazy.
  • Options
    shinra84shinra84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    the new estimate is 9:25 am PST

check the CO or Neverwinter forums...

i play sto, where is CM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CLR—Infected Space[2:24]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@9.163.310(65.437)—Xindi-E(dbb/mk.xiv)—build
    CLR—Infected Space[2:06]—Dmg(DPS)—Bi'Quarpa@6.421.868(52.210)—JHAS(dhc/mk.xiv)—build
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    krilldarn wrote: »
    I would not wish anyone to lose a job, but I do think the community team needs to be expanded to members who are not 9-5 California based... More global, One European, Asian/Pacific then there could be some online most of the time. Maybe not full staff but paid a retainer or game perks for lending a helping hand.....

At the very least they have no place being a CM for STO and should be took off it, but given Geckos condescending attitude to players, he has neither the attitude or skills to be a CM, the lack of clear communication is quite a apparent of that.
  • Options
    player1701player1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ivannanuke wrote: »
    Join me in wanting the STO CM's to be fired?
    They need to at least keep the players of STO more informed about what they are doing with the game when they kick everyone off, its not fair the way players treated by this company, I will never again put real money into this game, I actually don't play it much anymore because Im not at all impressed by all the changes in the last few months, they need to do better or It will be shut down forever.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well according to my clock they should have been back on 20 min ago, and still not a word from Cryptic.
    Just so we get it right here, Cryptic has made statements - as the information has been updated on both the NWNs and CO forums. Unfortunately our CMs are AWOL. This is not a Cryptic issue. This is a STO CM issue - and they work for PW, not Cryptic.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Neverwinter players even get to respond to their maintenance threads. Must be nice having community managers who can be bothered to actually do their jobs.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    That's another 7 minutes for me then.

Except we're here... Our community managers have a job to do - which they're seemingly not doing - this is the obvious concern for many here.

yeah dude, that's why I put the "..."
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Damn, I wish I lived in Calif.
    I could do a better job of keeping the STO Community informed and still keep my 30 hours a week evening job.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    awlaforge wrote: »
    Agreed. Launcher says see forums. I have been scouring the forums since the maintenance announcement was posted in the launcher last night.

Playing devils' advocate here but, the message doesn't say which forums to check. :rolleyes:

On a serious note though, I do wish that STO had the same amount of dedication devoted to it, as far as developer side communications goes, as the other 2 Cryptic games have.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    dirlewangerdirlewanger Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    balkum wrote: »
    I'm wondering if this account fix will allow me to use these perfect world game cards I purchased. Anyone? Beuler

i used to use those cards on occasion, why aren't you able to use them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Neverwinter players even get to respond to their maintenance threads. Must be nice having community managers who can be bothered to actually do their jobs.

Agreed, where can we get a vote going to have our CM's fired? can I have a 4k resolution video of them collecting their gear and walking out of the office?

I'd even buy plane tickets and fly over to watch the event.
  • Options
    jadeddemigodjadeddemigod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So anyone know how long the server is going to be down for? this is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So anyone know how long the server is going to be down for? this is getting ridiculous.
    It will be down until it gets fixed. That is anyone knows, whether on the STO forum, CO forum, or NWNs forum. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Longer than we'd like and shorter than the end of time.

And that is my best guess.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daveyny wrote: »
    Damn, I wish I lived in Calif.
    I could do a better job of keeping the STO Community informed and still keep my 30 hours a week evening job.

:rolleyes:
    Living in Los Gatos myself, you may want to rethink that. Silicon Valley is notoriously expensive. I seriously, sincerely doubt these contracted Community Managers are making a healthy salary. (But I agree: The lack of communications and perceived work/workload makes you wonder if you could do better.) ;)
  • Options
    throatblockerthroatblocker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is pretty sub-standard for an online MMORPG. They have a twitter account they could release info on, post thing on the forum etc.
  • Options
    jlhaleyjlhaley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Stupid Question of the day - Wasn't the maintenance SUPPOSED to be over 30 minutes ago? I'm still trying to update from YESTERDAY and can't. :)

Good morning universe!
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From the Neverwinter community manager who is orders of magnitude more competent than our own:
    Hey everyone, emergency account server maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is 2 hours, but could be extended due to unforeseen issues. We apologize for this unexpected downtime and appreciate your patience.

- Dwight

Update 1 7:14 AM PST Maintenance has begun.
    Update 2 8:01 AM PST Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime.
    Update 3 8:29 AM PST Maintenance is ongoing. No changes to the estimated downtime.
    Update 4 8:58 AM PST Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to get the servers back up at the estimated time. It could be another 25 mins until we bring everything back. Sorry for the delay.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It figures, today is my only dedicated gaming day in a month, and I only have from 7:00am to noon PST to play. :mad:
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    oklavsoklavs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its back up
    i win
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From the Neverwinter community manager who is orders of magnitude more competent than our own:

yes, i was just reading this from here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795941-Neverwinter-Emergency-Maintenance-11-21-at-7-AM-PST

not good we have to look on another forum to see what happening... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    balkumbalkum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Myyy Myyy Myyy, I'm once bit and twice shy baby!
  • Options
    robatt1robatt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Half an hour, guys c'mon now half an hour late, really?
  • Options
    throatblockerthroatblocker Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    servers are up now
  • Options
    wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm new to this MMO but I'm getting the sensation that STO is the underdog of cryptics mmo series.. is that why NWN online gets more support due to more members? Please tell me if I'm wrong thanks.
This discussion has been closed.