test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Raider Flanking and Hull Buff Incoming

gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
There is a thread asking "when will this happen?" well just in case you haven't read that one I thought I'd just put this up in here too. Coming to tribble then will hit holodeck on Thurs it seems. We're getting the flanking bonus plus 10% hull increase.
Thank you jebus & thank you Cryptic. Now we can finally get our sexy model quality joined Trill wives into Stovokor at last! To glorious battle!
Post edited by gooddaytodie39 on

Comments

• Options
    majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A 10% hull increase will do squat, so the B'rel retrofit (c-store) goes from 22,500 to 24,750. That ain't much and won;t make much of a difference if any noticeable one at all.

Another epic fail on Cryptic's behalf. They need an extra 10K hull not 10%
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A 10% hull increase will do squat, so the B'rel retrofit (c-store) goes from 22,500 to 24,750. That ain't much and won;t make much of a difference if any noticeable one at all.

Another epic fail on Cryptic's behalf. They need an extra 10K hull not 10%

it's better then a 0% hull increase. it'll buy a second or two.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    it's better then a 0% hull increase. it'll buy a second or two.

No, that will not buy a second. That might slightly improve the chance that one torpedo does not instant hit, that's all.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No, that will not buy a second. That might slightly improve the chance that one torpedo does not instant hit, that's all.

I can avoid torps oneshoting me now, it's generally the 2nd one after a beam kills my shields and I'm trying to cloak that gets me... and I suck. I'm sure a skilled player can turn a few k more hull into a second or two... hell I'm sure I could with a little luck I could. of course I put alot of points in increasing my hull maybe you don't?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2014
    I just started carrying a barrier field generator instead, lol.

B'rel needs to be able to fire without dropping cloak is what it needs. Make this ship true to lore.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kolbrandr wrote: »

B'rel needs to be able to fire without dropping cloak is what it needs. Make this ship true to lore.

ahh, that little console saved me quite a few times. that be nice but feds have problems with cloaks as is they'd get it changed back in no time at all, or nerfed in some other way the could be even worse.

• Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    I can avoid torps oneshoting me now, it's generally the 2nd one after a beam kills my shields and I'm trying to cloak that gets me... and I suck. I'm sure a skilled player can turn a few k more hull into a second or two... hell I'm sure I could with a little luck I could. of course I put alot of points in increasing my hull maybe you don't?

In my recloaking sequence I generally use Brace for Impact (hull resist), Evasives (+def, +turn and speed) and Hazard Emitters (hull resist and hull heal over time, offsetting some incoming hits and clearing plasma fires), just before hitting cloak. Particularly hitting HE just before cloaking is important, as it gives you heals at a time where you're very vulnerable and can't activate new heals.

I sometimes add the KHG 3-piece (extra +def), polarise hull (hull resist and tractor/gw immunity), Aux2SIF (hull heal and resist) doffed Aux2Damp (hull resist, +speed, CC resist) and/or APO (speed, tractor immunity, +def, +turn), depending on my build.
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited March 2014
    Once it actually hits Holodeck, I'll return to the game at last. Been out for a few months, been kinda itching to come back. Promised myself I would only come back when they came through on their promise to bring the flanking and other 'minor buffs' to raiders. Hoping it makes a difference in my PvP ambusing :)
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A few nice changes for Raiders coming, not just the 10% hull
    [*]Klingon Raiders have received a good amount of tuning and improvements across the board.
    • All Tier 2 and above Klingon Raiders will receive a 10% boost to their base hull hit points.
      • This should help off-set the risk of using cloak to ambush your enemies.
    • Raider Flanking: Attacking enemies from their rear arc will grant the attacker a 25% bonus damage boost.
      • This bonus is significantly reduced (+25% down to +8.3%) when attacking a player's rear arc.)
      • Affects all Klingon Raiders, with the exception of the Tier 1 B’Rel Bird-of-Prey.
      • Improved Ambush Damage: The bonus damage awarded from existing cloak has been increased on any Klingon Raider that also has Raider Flanking.
        • Raiders receive an additional +10% bonus damage while flanking.

Here is the raider related part in full, I'm liking the idea of better Ambush damage, stacking with flanking - these ships are going to really hurt on the Alpha run :D
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    A few nice changes for Raiders coming, not just the 10% hull

Here is the raider related part in full, I'm liking the idea of better Ambush damage, stacking with flanking - these ships are going to really hurt on the Alpha run :D

A well-built one already does. This is just icing on the cake :D.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Lore had the brel fire a torpedo, not an energy weapon
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pulserazor wrote: »
    Lore had the brel fire a torpedo, not an energy weapon

No kidding, bro. Where did I mention energy weapons?

Our brel doesn't even fire torpedoes while cloaked. It decloaks and then recloaks. It should resembled cloaked barrage, but with torpedoes, but it doesn't.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No kidding, bro. Where did I mention energy weapons?

Our brel doesn't even fire torpedoes while cloaked. It decloaks and then recloaks. It should resembled cloaked barrage, but with torpedoes, but it doesn't.

If memory serves me, it used to be that way, long ago. It would not decloak upon firing and such, but was apparently changed for 'balance' or something like that.

That said, I think it might be worth considering going back to that for two reasons:

1. In PvE, NPCs have never followed the same rules as players in regards to perception/stealth. Constantly decloaking really doesn't help since NPCs basically always tend to instantly fire at you when you decloak because they always can sorta detect you.

2. In PvP, it's gotten extremely easy to detect cloakers without much trouble if you know what you are doing, so the whole 'decloak to fire' thing really acts as much more of a liability, and if anything makes you a much more obvious target over any kind of 'hiding'.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I transferred my Hegh'ta over to Tribble to try out the raider flanking. Took down a Typhoon in 10 seconds flat on Normal difficulty without any consumables or fleet gear. Not sure if it's really all that special compared to others, but it's definitely one of my fastest battleship kills. Really liking this so far.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    ziggydsziggyds Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i would up the impulse mod of all raiders to 0.22
    and a 10% hull buff isn't much on a small hull :/

The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
    John May Lives - Sci - Hobo
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I regards to the B'rel's ability to fire a torpedo while cloaked; I think it would be better if it worked in a manner that when the torpedo fired, instead of completely decloaking the ship, your enemies see your "ghosted" ship model that you (or allies) see when you are cloaked. This would not completely break the cloak but, for balance sake, would make you target-able for a short time.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I regards to the B'rel's ability to fire a torpedo while cloaked; I think it would be better if it worked in a manner that when the torpedo fired, instead of completely decloaking the ship, your enemies see your "ghosted" ship model that you (or allies) see when you are cloaked. This would not completely break the cloak but, for balance sake, would make you target-able for a short time.

That wouldn't be really different from what we have now, but would at least be better from an immersion/lore standpoint. I wouldn't want to be ghosted for the full time we have right now though, because why bother changing it in that case.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »

Yeah, I agree. Seeing the ship 'ghosted' in that 3 second automatic gap between firing torpedoes and using science skills from cloak would make it look more apropriate. It wouldn't change anything gameplay-wise, but it'd be a nice cosmetic touch.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    The Hoh'sus already has a damage bonus - the 4th tac console. I want one of those for flanking!
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The Hoh'sus already has a damage bonus - the 4th tac console. I want one of those for flanking!

Too bad it is ugly as sin.
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Who cares about the appearance as long as it works as intended :D
    You are not going to parade your ship in some beauty contest, are you?
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I care. I wouldn't fly it if they gave it to me for free.

Besides, B'rel is the prettiest ship <3.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    edited March 2014

True that.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The ship was visible for a second in ST6 too.
    Also it could only fire one torpedo at a time, no HY, Spread, GV or anything....

That Torpedos did hurt a lot more though....
    notapwefan wrote: »

I do. I fact I choose my ships by the looks only and make them work as good as I can then.
    And I'm certainly not alone on that...
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    Well, nothing matches my B'rel, but I don't fly the Hegh'ta for looks either. If I have to fly a non-B'rel, I may as well use the ugly one with 4 tac consoles!

The darn Mirror thing is so cloak-unfriendly, I have to run my Hegh'ta more than I usually do :(
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The ship was visible for a second in ST6 too.
    Also it could only fire one torpedo at a time, no HY, Spread, GV or anything....

That Torpedos did hurt a lot more though...

True, but it didn't straight up drop cloak for 3 seconds. I would be totally, completely fine with the front of my ship becoming visible for a second when I fired a torpedo. :)
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    notapwefan wrote: »
    I am. =(
  • Options
    tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I saw this and all but had a heart attack. Then I checked the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st. A buff to a line of KDF ships?

*pinch*

Yes, I'm sure I'm not dreaming.

Thanks, devs!
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tksmitty wrote: »
    I saw this and all but had a heart attack. Then I checked the date to make sure it wasn't April 1st. A buff to a line of KDF ships?

*pinch*

Yes, I'm sure I'm not dreaming.

Thanks, devs!

Yes. hehe :D Now imagine if they announce a fleet Hegh'ta with this, then I'd faint! :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The hoh'sus beauty is an acquired taste.
    At first glance she's an ugly duckling, but she kind of grows on you over time. :cool: