What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Join the OrganizedPvP channel today!

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, from the things I'm seeing roll by in OPvP right now support exactly what you guys are saying about it.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And by contrast - what I saw in OPvP as I log on at my more usual time - folks X'ing up, folks discussing mechanics, etc.
  • Options
    therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We've been in the process of promoting new Mods to cover all of the timezones for a while now, the only problem is that finding level headed and non-biased people who are willing to act to keep the channel clean within a PvP community is not an easy thing to do.

For what it's worth, I let a lot of little stuff in the channel go (venting, some trolling, etc.), and when I do police the channel I catch all kinds of flak from people who don't like what I do. For the Mods it is very much, damned if you do and damned if you don't; hell I'm still catching flak for letting Nerds of Prey do their base access give-a-way a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, it's not perfect and it has its ups and downs, but there is a slowly increasing number of mods in the channel who are willing to act to keep it clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wasn't damning the mods for not being there, was damning the folks taking advantage of the mods not being there...

...as far as the NoP thing, that's going to be like almost anything - you're going to get flak for allowing X group speak from Y group that doesn't like X group, etc, etc, etc. There's no escaping that.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Mods need to ban people discussing exploits that i have been seeing here.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    jpf2012jpf2012 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    big pvp tuesday 21/08/13 that is all
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just a comment...

I had added "OrganizedPvP" to my chat channel selection..

Thing is, the 5 or 6 times I've tried to contact someone on that channel, there was no response...

Is there a "Best Time" to try to get questions answered ?
    I'm in NA, on the east coast.

...Or since you have taken over the role as channel administrator, are you planning to have more people watching the chat channel ?

I'd definatly use this service. Just havent had luck trying to chat with someone in channel..

This was about a month ago (the last time I tried)

\\//_

L L & P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is there are list with the admins in this channel?
  • Options
    g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Don't forget the Tyler durden channel for your PVP needs. both channels have their functions
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And, I finally left the OPvP channel. I'm sure nobody will miss me, but the hypocrisy was driving me crazy. It wasn't entertaining to read any longer - certainly not enough to make up for all the drivel...

PlayerA: All folks do is whine about X.
    PlayerB: Yeah, all they do is whine about X.
    PlayerC: Yeah, all the whining about X is annoying.
    PlayerA: <whines about Y>
    PlayerB: <whines about Y too>
    PlayerC: <whines about Y as well>

/facepalm

Really? I mean...seriously? Perhaps 15s passed between the whining about folks whining about X before they moved on to whine about Y.

Do folks even realize that they're doing it?

I wouldn't have called their discussion about Y whining, if not for them complaining about what they considered whining about X. It's tedious.

Will somebody call this whining? Of course they will! They see any complaints outside of their own complaints as whining... welcome to a world of overinflated fragile egos.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And, I finally left the OPvP channel. I'm sure nobody will miss me, but the hypocrisy was driving me crazy. It wasn't entertaining to read any longer - certainly not enough to make up for all the drivel...

PlayerA: All folks do is whine about X.
    PlayerB: Yeah, all they do is whine about X.
    PlayerC: Yeah, all the whining about X is annoying.
    PlayerA: <whines about Y>
    PlayerB: <whines about Y too>
    PlayerC: <whines about Y as well>

/facepalm

Really? I mean...seriously? Perhaps 15s passed between the whining about folks whining about X before they moved on to whine about Y.

Do folks even realize that they're doing it?

I wouldn't have called their discussion about Y whining, if not for them complaining about what they considered whining about X. It's tedious.

Will somebody call this whining? Of course they will! They see any complaints outside of their own complaints as whining... welcome to a world of overinflated fragile egos.

Ah......where am I going to get someone to test stuff now? ;)

I haven't seen much of that, to be frank. Could be timezones, though - sometimes I feel like I'm living in a completely different world where community is concerned.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    scurry5 wrote: »
    I haven't seen much of that, to be frank. Could be timezones, though - sometimes I feel like I'm living in a completely different world where community is concerned.

I had to lol, you know...because yeah, this isn't my normal time playing. Looking back through the last couple of pages - I basically had the same issue a few months back. One of those WTF is going on in OPvP moments.

Maybe I just need to stay out of OPvP at this time of day if I'm on...meh.
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it does get a bit banal after a while in there, but they will keep you up to date on the latest cheeze, hacks, and exploitable mechanics, oin case you dont like going to that 'other site'
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited November 2013
    OPVP....

where the cool guys hang out!

and argue about stuffs.

but at least keep it civil guys, way too much flaming and crappy attitudes...

remember,

its all about having fun and killing bad guys

-acceptance-
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if people don't keep it civil in there just get a screenshot of it and send it to a mod or me... mod first though awe heck spam minis in box lol :P. Best thing to do is to keep the chat to pvp related issues!
  • Options
    omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also mods don't forget to post screenshots or explain whats going on on the website so we know who was muted and why...
  • Options
    stukokestukoke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll be sure to do so and have my fleet do so as well. We are a new fleet but very interested in PvP. :)
  • Options
    radhadamodarjiradhadamodarji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
    Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
    there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
    _______
    for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
    Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.

( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).

if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )

same you have to follow real authority. "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it," Then there is no difficulty. And You are accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa, and You are speaking Yourself, and later on, all the acaryas have accepted. Then I'll follow.
    I'll have to follow great personalities. The same reason mother says, this gentleman is my father. That's all. Finish business. Where is the necessity of making research? All authorities accept Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You accept it; then your searching after God is finished.

Why should you waste your time?
    _______
    all that is you need is to hear from authority ( same like mother ). and i heard this truth from authority " Srila Prabhupada " he is my spiritual master.
    im not talking these all things from my own.

in this world no `1 can be Peace full. this is all along Fact.

cuz we all are suffering in this world 4 Problems which are Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth.

tell me are you really happy ?? you can,t be happy if you will ignore these 4 main problem. then still you will be Forced by Nature.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
    If your not able to follow these 4 things no illicit sex, no gambling, no drugs, no meat-eating then don,t worry but chanting of this holy name ( Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra ) is very-very and very important.

Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare " and be happy.

if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see effect. i promise you it works And chanting at least 16 rounds ( each round of 108 beads ) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily.
    Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.
    every `1 is already Blind in this world and if you will follow another Blind then you both will fall in hole. so try to follow that person who have Spiritual Eyes who can Guide you on Actual Right Path. ( my Authority & Guide is my Spiritual Master " Srila Prabhupada " )
    read it complete. ( i promise only readers of this book that they { he/she } will get every single answer which they want to know about why im in this material world, who im, what will happen after this life, what is best thing which will make Human Life Perfect, and what is perfection of Human Life. ) purpose of human life is not to live like animal cuz every`1 at present time doing 4 thing which are sleeping, eating, sex & fear. purpose of human life is to become freed from Birth after birth, Old Age, Disease, and Death.
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As One of the people promoting the channel, I'd hate to see people leave or be discouraged from using it, yes at times things do go a little off topic and its been a little quiet of late.

But this is where I found my home in PvP, and I certainly won't be leaving any time soon, its entertaining, educational in PvP and you can set up some pretty interesting matches in there (1v1's, Fleet vs Fleet, Large scale 10 v 10's).

It's up to us as the community to support the channel and PvP, control the topics in there and stop the whiners and direct them to these forums where the whining belongs - yeah sure share links to the whining, but keep it here.

And of course, people have profanity filters for a reason, people have the right to express themselves, If your of a nervous disposition I suggest keeping them turned on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My indications and analysis tell me that at peek hours the channel has about 333 people in.
    Outside this the number drops to <250

Before LoR the numbers where an average of 375/500

!!!!!!!!!!!
    Virusdancer come back we need u!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    My indications and analysis tell me that at peek hours the channel has about 333 people in.
    Outside this the number drops to <250

Before LoR the numbers where an average of 375/500

!!!!!!!!!!!
    Virusdancer come back we need u!!!

whoever made u a mod should be shot. few have donemore to get peopleOUT of the channel (and OUT of the game) btw y are u still here?

true story: i invite a dozen new people to the chat every day. it is alive and well, doing way better now that a certain few self appointed leets are gone. good riddens to the haters, and welcome new bloodz
  • Options
    sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes. channel is doing well. We are doing organized channel matches on regular basis.

Here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiV2KdHM3Z8 - kdf vs fed best of 3
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDOJ5VLBIwM - mixed teams 5vs5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMg31gS9XZc - mixed teams 5vs6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjXPQ6sAEtE - OPVP vs Vice Squad 10vs10

and much more STO PvP related stuff on the channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSharxtreme

Also visit Parker's channel with more matches:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/STOWillPvPForFood

With new PvP changes it will be even more fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New massive 10vs10 OPvP big fight Eastern Bang Bang edition is uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2dIEKTQmjY

Also check the same channel tomorrow for similarly epic 5v5 game that followed the above 10vs10.

EDIT: 5vs5 video is up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaQ1mjQHhDY

Fun showdown of my SCI tulwar and Scimitar Barbie's Tac Scimitar throughout the match. End of that match is something else. literally seconds were deciding on the victor.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New video is up.
    PvP season 9 trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv312aw0FyM

This season seems to be most PvP oriented season so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    2 new vids are up:

Best bits of season 9 so far in dramatic themed montage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YoaQbgztEE

and great PUGvsPUG match with mostly OPvP ppl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyN0G-1xu9A

Trying to expand on PvP community that seem to be largely discouraged from PvP by forum BS, premades in solo arena and simple trolls.
  • Options
    ninjaboy0ninjaboy0 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nice to see my thread is still alive (somewhat).

Greetings to old school PvPers - Section 31, D.O.B., Spanish Inquisition (TSI), and of course Minimax.

Ninjaboy
    Hall of fame (DPS) - PvP League Season 1
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ninjaboy0 wrote: »
    Nice to see my thread is still alive (somewhat).

Greetings to old school PvPers - Section 31, D.O.B., Spanish Inquisition (TSI), and of course Minimax.

Ninjaboy
    Hall of fame (DPS) - PvP League Season 1

always a pleasure to see one of the original torchbearers of the chat! stop back in game man! (and bring ultime)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Fresh video is up

OPvP 5v5 match:

Edna, me, spalato, sanguin and sleeper
    VS
    Parker, scim barbie, porchsong, dennis and mindsharp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EklJxsEL2M

And new fresh montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYNaWdLVKr4
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Fresh video is up
    Highlights from 2 OPvP 10v10 games and highlights from few Team Arena matches
    Featuring commentary about Hilbert's Leaderboard and other stuff by @bethshepard(scimitar barbie), Pedro@sanguin and @spalato.
    Also testing new suicide triple tac DHC/torp build on Ar'kif.

Video is called Triple Thalaron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKHdEC-2eFg

Dont' forget to sub if you like it.
    Much more PvP on same channel.
  • Options
    taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    open channel Diligram2 star trek online friend llist " jamaal@taolen7780"