test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Win a Lifetime Subscription to Star Trek Online! (Aug 5, 2008)

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Duras wrote: »
    BUT only if you live in the North Americas... How sweet.

The rest of the world can take a run and jump can't they, not really fair is'nt it.

Anyone else who thinks Cryptic Studios is geologically predudice...!!

How lame is that I live in the UK and am a fan of trek since i was 10, i was plonked in front of TNG as punishment by my nan thinking it would bore me to death how wrong was she lol...

BUT SERIOUSLY CRYPTIC this is litterally prejudice to the other fans around the world... thats like japan launching a game with worldwide fan base and telling everyone else can enter the comp except states, now the fans wouldnt sit quietly in states would they...

TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!

UNHAPPY FAN AWAITING STO!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Stop complaining, it's just a contest/sweeptakes.
    The 5 lucky winners will have a lifetime subscription to STO, and they are the ones that will be the winners.

If you can't live with that, then you shouldn't be here in any case.

Greetz,
    -Hell
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey Cryptic,

Take another look at your star charts.

Now this may come as a bit of a surprise, but there's a lot more to this puny planet of ours than just the continent of North America you know ?

:eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quarks_bar wrote: »
    It says it ends on aug 17th which is my birthday so im hopeing i can win what an amzing B-day gift that will be :)

Same here. I will hit the big 37 that day! :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I must admit, the chance to win the game is the reason why I signed up for these forums. But now that I'm here, I've found there are some interesting threads of topic and some interesting folks contributing to said threads.
    Not a bad community forming here.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How lame is that I live in the UK and am a fan of trek since i was 10, i was plonked in front of TNG as punishment by my nan thinking it would bore me to death how wrong was she lol...

BUT SERIOUSLY CRYPTIC this is litterally prejudice to the other fans around the world... thats like japan launching a game with worldwide fan base and telling everyone else can enter the comp except states, now the fans wouldnt sit quietly in states would they...

TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!

UNHAPPY FAN AWAITING STO!!!

If they let you enter are you willing to pay the TAXES + LAT your government charges?
    It all has to do with your countrys laws. Take it up with your government not Cryptic. as soon as the game launches there will most likely be official communitys for Europe & Asia that Cryptic will send items to for them to run contests for you guys but til that happens dont blaim Cryptic for your governments rules & regulations.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    HellreapeR wrote: »
    Stop complaining, it's just a contest/sweeptakes.
    The 5 lucky winners will have a lifetime subscription to STO, and they are the ones that will be the winners.

If you can't live with that, then you shouldn't be here in any case.

Greetz,
    -Hell

Yup, an unfair one. They should put a big screen at the frontpage like " EU players are'nt welcome, or EU off limits"
    No offense...Just an opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If they let you enter are you willing to pay the TAXES + LAT your government charges?
    It all has to do with your countrys laws. Take it up with your government not Cryptic. as soon as the game launches there will most likely be official communitys for Europe & Asia that Cryptic will send items to for them to run contests for you guys but til that happens dont blaim Cryptic for your governments rules & regulations.

Correct answer. Btw Cryptic should put it on the contest page.
    Like:
    To all non-US/Canadian members!

We are sorry but the current laws did'nt allow us to expand this contest to non-US/Canadian residents.
    We are working on a solution. Please be patient.

Or something similair.

Still no offense :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There is an option to indicate "notify me of a promotion in country (then a list of countries)" (some text along those lines anyways).

Obviously they are just trying to make a splash in their own backyard before kicking it up a few notches and running similar events in other countries. I know it is a downer that it isn't a total free for all, but on the other hand that should improve everyone's odds as well since we won't be competing against all members just those who are from our own country.

Just be patient it will lead to virtue and merit I'm certain! :)

I for one am very excited about the contest. (Then again I am in North America so I guess there is always that too) I am rooting for their expansion for similar contests elsewhere as soon as that is feasible.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    There is an option to indicate "notify me of a promotion in country (then a list of countries)" (some text along those lines anyways).

Obviously they are just trying to make a splash in their own backyard before kicking it up a few notches and running similar events in other countries. I know it is a downer that it isn't a total free for all, but on the other hand that should improve everyone's odds as well since we won't be competing against all members just those who are from our own country.

Just be patient it will lead to virtue and merit I'm certain! :)

I for one am very excited about the contest. (Then again I am in North America so I guess there is always that too) I am rooting for their expansion for similar contests elsewhere as soon as that is feasible.

This is a very impressive post. I'll buy you a romulan beer :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i hope they do more prize draws like this as years go on and i hope they do involve europe as well
    :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Dont be insulting. We Romulans don't drink Beer! We drink Ale! :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dont be insulting. We Romulans don't drink Beer! We drink Ale! :eek:

Blue beer :p
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Thanks. Cheers! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Correct answer. Btw Cryptic should put it on the contest page.
    Like:
    To all non-US/Canadian members!

We are sorry but the current laws did'nt allow us to expand this contest to non-US/Canadian residents.
    We are working on a solution. Please be patient.

Or something similair.

Still no offense :-)

Even though thats only partially true, they should have atleast made it clear that it was for the US/CAN residences only. Wich they didnt untill you filled everything in.

Besides even America has rules and regulations regarding contests. if it can be done there, it can also be done in european countries. But we all know, america only thinks of themselfs as the world.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah don't be so hasty; Cryptic didn't come out and say "We're only gonna do this for these two countries and we're never gonna do it again, ever, for any other country. So have a nice day!"

The whole "have it for everyone, or no one at all" is a bit harsh as well... Someone's already stated that having separate contests for separate regions would improve an individual's odds. That's a reasonable statement. Again, no one said this would be the only sweepstakes for such a prize. I may only be 1% more optimistic about winning this thing (I've yet to win a single contest for something I actually wanted) due to the fact that I'm not competing against people world-wide, but as others have also said, it'd be awkward for them to only offer a contest regarding a world-wide accessible game to only two countries.

At the very least, wait until they DO say "We're not doing any more contests for anybody else, TRIBBLE you guys, and have a nice day!" before you start putting Cryptic down! I'd still pay $15 a month for it...

... Well that was my 2-bit rant, good luck everyone, and congrats-in-advance to those lucky 5!

Sierras out.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    hmm so this is a one time thing?

That kinda sucks
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So Razor or Kestrel, how many valid entries?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Today is my birthday so pick me now!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm sure there will be more for other countries.

Heck, enough games have died in development, might end up not mattering.

Still, glad I could participate!
  • Options
    edited August 2008

You are still going to be waiting a while, they don't choose until around the 25th and we probably wont know until around the 28th. Today is just the deadline.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If everything is as they promise and if it plays well with a large game world and plenty of quests then I would love to win. I am optomistic but I have been told many things from MMO game companies in the past that I know approach each like a deer in the wilderness.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hello all
    new member here
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes I am here. get this going now. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aww dang!

I just found and joined the website community today. Just my luck to miss this by a day. :(

Too much time playing Eve, but I will come to STO as soon as its released.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If I won, it would be the best birthday present EVER! Seeing as how we find out the winner ON my birthday!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    If I won then MMOing good games in my life would become that much easier. Heck I might just pay the $500 something dollars for the life long version if I don't.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man I wish, I would have gotten the e-amil that there was sweepstakes going on. just a few days late. I guess I'll say Grats to those that will win, when you find out.
  • Options
    edited August 2008

We share the same birthday
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Entries for the Lifetime Subscription Sweepstakes are no longer being accepted. We want to thank everyone who registered and entered. The winners will be chosen at random on or about August 25, 2008, and will be notified by e-mail and/or overnight mail on or about August 28.

Good luck to all who entered!
This discussion has been closed.