test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (teaser)

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Looking better than the mess that was Ep 8. Also LANDO!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    And now, a reaction of Mr A. Skywalker, former Jedi NOT Master, regarding a certain part of this trailer:

"OH COME ON!!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    skywalker's dead - the only place he's rising is another plane of existence

and...was that a piece of the death star sitting in the ocean at the end of the trailer? it certainly looked like part of the superlaser dish​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Looking forward to it, myself. Though I will say that title throws me for a loop. O_o How exactly will Skywalker "Rise"?

And on a barely related note, anyone follow the Junkman on youtube? That's where I saw it first.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I take it force ghosts will find a way back to the world of the living?

Why is Kylo Ren trying to roadkill Rey? Surely it would be easier to just shoot at her.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I take it force ghosts will find a way back to the world of the living?

Why is Kylo Ren trying to roadkill Rey? Surely it would be easier to just shoot at her.

He wasn't. Pretty sure that's a normal FO TIE Interceptor, not his Silencer.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, there are only two Skywalkers still alive, Leia and her son. So I guess one of them must be rising.
    I guess Kylo Ren really finishes Darth Vaders job and kills Darth Sidious for good?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The obsession with Anakin's old lightsaber continues. It broke in two in the last movie and yet here it is again...

How do we know it's still the same saber? For all we know Rey built her own to the same design.

Like all Daisy said about it was "it lives".
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    time for my wild guess, that I and probably anyone who reads it hopes is wrong.

it open with either leia's funeral or her death bed, which ever rey ends up hearing about something of luke's on tatooine. the first order is naturally around looking. so rey, finn, and poe get themselves smuggled in, possibly by a certain old smuggler. while searching they meet a nice young men who happen to be living at the old skywalker place with his mother, who has no respect for the "myth of skywalker" he offers to help them look and place to stay, partly cause boredom, partly cause he could use some help for a few weeks.

while he fly them around checking various places he bounds with poe over flying. then of course the first order finds them. after a nice flashy chase the young men worried about his mother, rush them home. it shows signs of being attacked. they find her hiding in the store room with a rather large blaster rifle. while the try to get here to calm down/leave Kylo Ren shows up. the young man trying to protect his mother attacks kylo ren, get thrown into a wall for his trouble. which causes her, having before this point refuse to give her or let her son do it, force pulls a red lightsaber of a crate and introduce herself as mara jade skywalker then beats the holy hell out of kylo ren ending with him thrown though the roof. sadly showing the rest of the first orders troops have arrived.

mara tells them to go while she holds off the first order, when they argue she just throw them up to the roof though the hole she just made, then jumps though the hole and into the first order storm troopers. another chase, after they get back to the ship the learn that the first order wasn't on tatooine for anything about skywalker but was looking for some part or plan about the death star. the rest being pretty what you'ld think.

so thoughts, questions, insults?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Didn't Leia die when her ship exploded? Memorial service seems likely.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019

no, in fact no one beside holdo was. it would have been easier if the did that but they didn't, as of the end of force awakens she's alive.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nightken wrote: »

it open with either leia's funeral or her death bed, which ever rey ends up hearing about something of luke's on tatooine. the first order is naturally around looking. so rey, finn, and poe get themselves smuggled in, possibly by a certain old smuggler. while searching they meet a nice young men who happen to be living at the old skywalker place with his mother, who has no respect for the "myth of skywalker" he offers to help them look and place to stay, partly cause boredom, partly cause he could use some help for a few weeks.

while he fly them around checking various places he bounds with poe over flying. then of course the first order finds them. after a nice flashy chase the young men worried about his mother, rush them home. it shows signs of being attacked. they find her hiding in the store room with a rather large blaster rifle. while the try to get here to calm down/leave Kylo Ren shows up. the young man trying to protect his mother attacks kylo ren, get thrown into a wall for his trouble. which causes her, having before this point refuse to give her or let her son do it, force pulls a red lightsaber of a crate and introduce herself as mara jade skywalker then beats the holy hell out of kylo ren ending with him thrown though the roof. sadly showing the rest of the first orders troops have arrived.

mara tells them to go while she holds off the first order, when they argue she just throw them up to the roof though the hole she just made, then jumps though the hole and into the first order storm troopers. another chase, after they get back to the ship the learn that the first order wasn't on tatooine for anything about skywalker but was looking for some part or plan about the death star. the rest being pretty what you'ld think.

Would that "old skywalker place" be the anonymous part of the Mos Espa Slave Quarter, or the one outside of Mos Eisley that the Empire reduced to a smoking ruin?
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options

Would that "old skywalker place" be the anonymous part of the Mos Espa Slave Quarter, or the one outside of Mos Eisley that the Empire reduced to a smoking ruin?

was thinking the moisture farm, though really I don't think it matters either way.

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Sir Alec Guiness called the original trilogy unredeemable garbage and actively encouraged people not to watch it. There will always be someone saying the same exact things about any franchise or installment in a franchise, does not make Alec, you, or them right

Correct. The person who says it is garbage is no more right/wrong than the person who says it is gold. Both statements are just opinions, not facts.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

was thinking the moisture farm, though really I don't think it matters either way.

So yes, the place the Empire reduced to a smoking ruin.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It won't be another RotS I bet. None of the films have yet come close to III except RO. I live in hope though.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User

no, in fact no one beside holdo was.
    Err no? The Last Jedi even ended with most of the visible Resistance wiped out and the whole movie is all about their numbers keeping shrinking until they can all fit on the Falcon.
    First, they lose all their bombers in a ridiculous domino disaster.
    Then, they lose most of their fighter pilots and fighters.
    Then, they lose most most of their leadership, including Ackbar who is reduced to a cameo.
    Then, they lose their last cruiser.
    Then, they lose most of their evacuation transports and people.
    Then, they lose their barely working speeders and even more people.
    Then, some more die when the First Order blows up their door.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Well the trailer doesn't say much. But I liked the other two, although TLJ's setup was dumb and full of holes, but it was fun. I expect the same here, a effectfull adventure in space.

The "Star Wars stories" though. Solo was really pointless. Sort of fun, but really pointless. And Rogue One which receives a lot of praise I thought was just bland. Like watching someone play Battlefront. Save for the Vader scene and the dozen little nostalgia bits I found the main focus to be really boring.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > veruvas1 said:
    > It's cool to see Lando again but this really just feels like lazy writing. A palpatine clone? Sorry, but I'm gonna have to do a hard pass on this. Hopefully they'll do something cool one day like make a rise of Vader movie, or Exar Kun, or have a protagonist that's actually fun...you know what, just gonna stop. Star Wars isn't for me anymore. If it's good and it redeems this newest trilogy that's great but don't get your hopes up because spoiler alert, it's not going to.

Firstly there has been no actual story about a Palpatine clone being in this movie, not one word, just a laugh in the trailer. Secondly, if there is a Palpatine clone it would not be the first time for the franchise, in fact before Disney bought Lucasfilm a Palpatine clone was EU canon.

The new trilogy does not need redeemed in any way. It is not inferior to the original or the prequels.

Why does it need to be a Palpatine clone and not the actual Palpatine. Vader threw Palpatine down a pit and there was some time between that and Skywalker escaping the Death Star. After all, Skywalker had time to stop and take off Vader's helmet. So we just assume that Palpatine has been dead for decades and didn't somehow survive.

As far as the new trilogy not needing to be redeemed, The Last Jedi made a movie about Han Solo into a dud. Rogue One made over a billion dollars while Solo made less than 400 million. A origin story about Han Solo should have made far more money since he is one of the most popular characters in Star Wars. When a Star Wars movie turns off Star Wars fans from seeing a movie about Han Solo, then the new trilogy needs to be redeemed.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Rogue One was supposed to feel more like a war movie than anything else. Kinda like how movies like Fury and Red Tails are. I haven't seen Solo so I have no opinion one way or the other.

As for Force Awakens and Last Jedi...

The Force Awakens felt a bit too much like A New Hope 2.0. While it wasn't terrible, it felt a bit like a one up on the original movie. And at times Rey came across a bit as a Mary Sue due to her being able to do things even Luke struggled with starting out. I mean she was able to use Force Pull to retrieve the Skywalker lightsaber... from a trained Force User's Force Grip! And she was able to use a Jedi Mind Trick successfully! Now if they somehow explain that she might have pulled that out of Kylo Ren's mind when he was trying to probe her mind, as they made it clear that connection actually worked BOTH ways... I might be a bit easier on Rey. But as it stands I don't know if that was the case. Also... Starkiller Base is a supersized Death Star planet that eats stars.

The Last Jedi... ugh... talk about derailing everything that was set up in the previous movie! First... we have Supreme Leader Snoke. Big mystery over who he is built up in TFA. And they off him in the most stupid way. I mean if he was supposed to be that powerful of a Force User... how could he not sense the Force being used on an object sitting right next to him? Let alone HEAR it moving? Does he have that much Tunnel Vision? And Admiral Holdo did NOTHING to try and prevent a mutiny. She practically FED the mutiny! Only time we actually see her be this heroic person they say she is... is when she sacrifices herself to blast the Supremacy with the Raddis going to lightspeed through it! At least we got to see Yoda being his silly little self again. And those Crystal Foxes looked pretty cool.

The Last Jedi was just... a mess.

Now... as to the teaser for the next movie... It already looks like an improvement over TLJ. The inclusion of the Emperor laughing at the end... is an interesting inclusion. Especially if we consider what we see when we hear it. What looks to be the wrecked dish of a superlaser, which could imply that they go to Endor and they're looking at the wreckage of the second Death Star. As far as we know, the Emperor is dead. If that laugh isn't just a red herring, we could be looking at either the Emperor survived, a Dark Side Force Ghost, or what was seen in the books, a resurrected Emperor.

Right now its just speculation. We'll have to wait for more information later in the year.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I guess I'm not people, then. I loved TLJ, it was the first movie in the franchise since the original to give me the same emotions as the original.

Then again, I liked Solo as well, so...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    As far as the new trilogy not needing to be redeemed, The Last Jedi made a movie about Han Solo into a dud. Rogue One made over a billion dollars while Solo made less than 400 million. A origin story about Han Solo should have made far more money since he is one of the most popular characters in Star Wars. When a Star Wars movie turns off Star Wars fans from seeing a movie about Han Solo, then the new trilogy needs to be redeemed.

Right, it was totally that and not what it was put up against at the box office, especially Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War.
    yjIzVE9.png