Holodeck ticket 4,725,401 (submitted on 06/27/2018)
The thruster fire on floaters is inconsistent. Usually, when you fly left or right, only one side-thruster fires; the left side-thruster fires when you fly right, and the right side-thruster fires when you fly left. But sometimes, both side-thrusters fire when you start to fly left or right. This happens sporadically, and I'm not sure what causes it.
1. Although the video above shows a female in a standard floater, the problem also occurs on males and with superior floaters.
2. I didn't test enhanced floaters, because I don't have any on my characters.
3. The thrusters on male superior floaters do not rotate. See the section "Related bug reports" below.
Steps to reproduce
1. Log on to a female character, and go to Risa.
2. Activate a standard floater.
3. Press and hold the Q key to fly left.
4. Release the Q key. Wait a few seconds.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you see both side-thrusters fire.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you see only the right side-thruster fire.
7. Press and hold the E key to fly right.
8. Release the E key. Wait a few seconds.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you see both side-thrusters fire.
10. Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you see only the left side-thruster fire.
Related bug reports
Holodeck ticket 4,436,798: Icons of some superior floaters have wrong thruster size
Holodeck ticket 4,436,801: Incorrect central thruster on superior floaters
Holodeck ticket 4,724,277: Thruster rotations on floaters are not symmetric
Holodeck ticket 4,724,280: Thrusters on male superior floaters do not rotate