test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should they add the Gorn as a playable species in the Federation?

2»

Comments

• Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I really don't know if I would want Gorn, even though it is shown that the Gorn join in some capacity in the future. Though i would much rather see a new race that would be in some ways fed counter part to the Gorn. THough i would much rather see a serpentine race added to the fed side. Though something like a race that uses design elements from different real snakes, like for me I think a member of the race that had the cobra hood (kinda somewhat like the Vaadwaur) would have quite a unique.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    No, Gorn should only be available to KDF players.
    It was pointless doing this poll because it was already blatantly obvious that no would be the most voted answer. It's funny how people are okay with those obnoxiously large bigheaded alien monstrosities people make but not be okay with a Gorn.

(a) Who says the majority is okay with some of the aliens?

(b) Poll doesn't support my point of view, so people who voted against me are "funny".
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    soullessraptorsoullessraptor Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Yes, I would like to make a Federation aligned Gorn.
    asuran14 wrote: »
    I really don't know if I would want Gorn, even though it is shown that the Gorn join in some capacity in the future. Though i would much rather see a new race that would be in some ways fed counter part to the Gorn. THough i would much rather see a serpentine race added to the fed side. Though something like a race that uses design elements from different real snakes, like for me I think a member of the race that had the cobra hood (kinda somewhat like the Vaadwaur) would have quite a unique.
    The Selay would make a great choice, as they are literally snakes. They were applying for Federation membership during TNG, and while it was never explicitly stated they got in, the Star Trek Star Charts(which STO uses) does state they did.

latest?cb=20150413134932&path-prefix=de

That would provide an....interesting design challenge. I mean, making it fair for cosmetics and such.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    HELL NO.

Wanna play a Gorn? Play KDF damn it. You feddie bears should not have EVERYTHING. You have almost everything already...isn't that enough?

^this
  • Options
    spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    xyquarze wrote: »
    It was pointless doing this poll because it was already blatantly obvious that no would be the most voted answer. It's funny how people are okay with those obnoxiously large bigheaded alien monstrosities people make but not be okay with a Gorn.
    people who voted against me are "funny".
    That is not what I was saying at all.

A lot of voters aren't even bothering to express their opinions and just select an option.

So...just because they don't voice why they voted, it doesn't count? Could it possibly be that the reason they voted no as already been covered and they don't feel the need to repeat things? Basically you are throwing a temper tantrum because the poll went against your wishes. What, you think we are too stupid to see the obvious? Come on...this is a trek forum...not a star wars ones. You have to do better than that.
    I was in no way saying anyone's vote was invalid, and I was not trowing a temper tantrum for not getting my way you are falsely assuming this, I simply knew the outcome beforehand and realized it was pointless of me to even post the poll. When I said "A lot of voters aren't even bothering to express their opinions and just select an option." I should've made it a separate post instead of a separate line on that same post since it was not related but I didn't want to make another post.

Anyway I am pretty much done with this thread now and I don't want an argument to happen so I am not responding any further.

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    @spacecatz So, do you want it closed?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    HELL NO.

Wanna play a Gorn? Play KDF damn it. You feddie bears should not have EVERYTHING. You have almost everything already...isn't that enough?

^this

Second dat
  • Options
    spacecatz#6038 spacecatz Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    @spacecatz So, do you want it closed?
    Yes if that is acceptable.

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,333 Community Moderator
    HIi3ZGn.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.