test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Eating Posts?

Just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues. Tried to post in a thread but wasn't having any success. Split my post in 2 and managed that, then realised I'd made an editing error in part #1. When I edited my post the entire thing vanished, and now I can't repost it - I don't trust the system so have a copy in another program. This is a simplified version of course but the forum seems ... hostile. :'(

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yo, posts are eaten a lot of times sadly. Better write in word or so and only copy the final in here.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Just wondering if others are experiencing the same issues. Tried to post in a thread but wasn't having any success. Split my post in 2 and managed that, then realised I'd made an editing error in part #1. When I edited my post the entire thing vanished, and now I can't repost it - I don't trust the system so have a copy in another program. This is a simplified version of course but the forum seems ... hostile. :'(

Editing is your enemy here, as it will erase your post - So best write then proof read in WORD or Notepad, then copy nd paste here as a final draft.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Yep, this never happened to me before until someone ("vanilla?") decided the forum needed improving. The Future is bright (tm).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    I too have had this happen, i've notice when it happens it's with longish posts but short posts are fine to edit.

It is somewhat annoying spending 20 minutes on a reply only to find out that you made a small mistake in the post that needed an edit only to find your entire post has been dismissed with a message along the bottom mentioning that your post needs to be approved by a moderator.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    This is not Arc forums specific either, other Vanilla forums like Marvel Heroes Omega's have the same edit bug.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    This is not Arc forums specific either, other Vanilla forums like Marvel Heroes Omega's have the same edit bug.

then I guess it's someting inherent to the forum software Cryptic/PWE is using and thus nothing they can do about (apart from taking the truly massive undertaking of switching to another program)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The forum code was probably designed by the same team that made the new Queue UI.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Nah, it's an anti-spam feature designed to block adbots. Not sure how well it blocks adbots but it's REALLY annoying. also if you want to delete your own posts just add a .com URL to them. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I hate that.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Just to make things clear: even though these errors say that your edited posts are awaiting moderator approval, they aren't. We don't see them, don't have any way of "approving" them, and don't have any way of recovering them. You'll just have to wait for the error to clear, and try to repost later.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Just to make things clear: even though these errors say that your edited posts are awaiting moderator approval, they aren't. We don't see them, don't have any way of "approving" them, and don't have any way of recovering them. You'll just have to wait for the error to clear, and try to repost later.

Thanks, I'd guessed that but it's nice to know for sure.

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

1vx3rz.jpg

OMFG...this is soooo fitting! Good job, Crash.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well, IIRC what it really means is that it DID get sent somewhere for approval, but that Vanilla doesn't actually have a moderator tasked to approve the stuff. It's been seen to happen on rare occasions, but not the norm.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I was once blocked from posting in a thread for days because of this issue. Finally gave up trying to post in that particular thread. Didn't matter what I tried to say, it would block me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    CRASH!
    FhagrJ.gif
    You always bring a smile to a thread.

As for your spelling issues... is there an English(UK) option?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    eatting posts?

--||--
    . .
    . .

ahhh
  • Options
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Don't know, but I really do like to annoy the forums spellchecker, mainly when Badmoon gets fed up with me annoying him and shoves his chew toys into his ears to tune me out.

That's the only instance PWE/Vanilla aren't at fault methinks. I don't think the forum has a spell check, it's a browser feature. All you have to do is change your browser's spellchecker to a UK dictionary (or Australian if that exists) pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    rattler2 wrote: »
    As for your spelling issues... is there an English(UK) option?

Don't know, but I really do like to annoy the forums spellchecker, mainly when Badmoon gets fed up with me annoying him and shoves his chew toys into his ears to tune me out.

Now, crash, I've never said you were annoying. In fact, I find you to be a breath of fresh air most of the time... Well... Some times... Well... Maybe once or twice. ;)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    856165__safe_solo_pinkie%2Bpie_meme_image%2Bmacro_gummy_self%2Bponidox_parasprite_candy_cupcakes.jpg