test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO DEV's on SHIP DESIGN TEAM: Please have a LOOK! It's Good. Real Good.

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The artist received positive and less than positive reviews of their work. I was of the former rather than latter but it's only an opinion and hopefully won't dissuade them from carrying with their art if it gives them pleasure. We all have different visions and interpretations of the Trek universe and he or she should be commended for having the courage to share them here.
    The OP apparently isn't the creator of the design. Which is part of why this thread is weird. The OP found a random design they liked and posted about it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    @markhawkman

Maybe their "representative" will pass it on. It's Christmas and I was trying to be nicer than I should have :) .
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Now that is what the KDF Command Cruisers should have looked like! Not crazy about the dated sattilite dish style antenna on the port bow but other then that DEVS this is what a KDF battleship/command should look like! Very nice evolution of Matt Jefferies timeless D-7 design!
    edited December 2015
    The front section looks dated at best, and the coalition symbol is irrelevant since we do not actually work, as a full fledge coalition!

Are you talking about that Trifoil? Hate to break this to you but that is the color of Matt Jefferies Trifoil seen on EVERY Klingon ship in ALL the TOS ERA ships. It is not a "coalition" symbol!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    The front section looks dated at best, and the coalition symbol is irrelevant since we do not actually work, as a full fledge coalition!

Are you talking about that Trifoil? Hate to break this to you but that is the color of Matt Jefferies Trifoil seen on EVERY Klingon ship in ALL the TOS ERA ships. It is not a "coalition" symbol!

Trifoil or not, it has all 3 faction colors, hence why I refer to it as a coalition version of the KDF symbol!

In fact, the yellow circle could almost pass, as representing the Cardassian faction as well!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited December 2015

Trifoil or not, it has all 3 faction colors, hence why I refer to it as a coalition version of the KDF symbol!

In fact, the yellow circle could almost pass, as representing the Cardassian faction as well!

Seriously you really don't know much about the history of the Star Trek franchise then. The Multi color Klingon emblem has been in those colors since the first Klingon ship was seen on screen nearly 50 years ago. The observation you made is a coincidence and not "coalition" marker at all in any way or shape. But it seems that you really don't care that you are completly mistaken and nor do you wish to learn about the History of this great franchise.
    Post edited by ssbn655 on

Seriously you really don't know much about the history of the Star Trek franchise then. The Multi color Klingon emblum has been in those colors since the first Klingon ship was seen on screen nearly 50 years ago. The observation you made is a coincidence and not "coalition" marker at all in any way or shape. But it seems that you really don't care that you are completly mistaken and nor do you wish to learn about the History of this great franchise.

You're right, I don't care, and nor do I care to learn about some idiotic comment from you, or the history of some odd colors used for a faction symbol!

Also, you might want to learn how to spell emblem!

edited December 2015
    Shadowwraith77 touchy touchy. I'm ever so sorry I misspelled a word due to lack of sleep so sorry to ruffle your feathers. However your snide reply clearly shows you do care and also that you cannot tolerate any opinion but your own. As Worf said... "Then you will die in ignorence" . Merry Christmas.
    edited December 2015
    Shadowwraith77 touchy touchy. I'm ever so sorry I misspelled a word due to lack of sleep so sorry to ruffle your feathers. However your snide reply clearly shows you do care and also that you cannot tolerate any opinion but your own. As Worf said... "Then you will die in ignorence" . Merry Christmas.

My snide remark was just that, as in I really do not care!!!

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    that federation ship next to it looks like it was kitbashed from ambassador, akira, d'kyr, nova and something else for nacelles. about 70% of it is again butchered from the original designs and someone else's fan fiction.
    And the artist (http://paul-lloyd.deviantart.com/) doesn't claim otherwise. I think he's (*gasp*) having fun. I've heard there are people that like to do that, although most days they're bloody rare around these parts, apparently.
    Yes, well, his work is hideous.

T6 NX right here!

star_trek__enterprise_era_ship_by_paul_lloyd-d7rbxzq.jpg

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    that federation ship next to it looks like it was kitbashed from ambassador, akira, d'kyr, nova and something else for nacelles. about 70% of it is again butchered from the original designs and someone else's fan fiction.
    And the artist (http://paul-lloyd.deviantart.com/) doesn't claim otherwise. I think he's (*gasp*) having fun. I've heard there are people that like to do that, although most days they're bloody rare around these parts, apparently.
    Yes, well, his work is hideous.
    T6 NX right here!

star_trek__enterprise_era_ship_by_paul_lloyd-d7rbxzq.jpg
    AAGGH! MY EYES!!! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Dang, there be more fin than saucer on that monstrosity.
    /channel_join grind
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    IMO that Fed ship might look good if it were modernized and given a larger saucer.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Can someone please put this ship designer out of my misery? Yeesh...
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Not bad, but Negh'Tev is better imo.
    IlBoiy2.png
    I like this better.
    LOL, you won