test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporarily Disabling Exchange Email Deletion

Hey folks!

We’ll be temporarily taking down the ability to delete mail from the exchange. We noticed that there was an issue with exchange mail that was contributing to server latency problems. As a temporary measure, we’ll be taking it down the ability to delete mail from the exchange. We will be working to resolve this issue with our next update on next Thursday. I’ll keep ya’ll informed. In the mean time, see you in the gingerbread village!

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Seems like the kind of thing that should be patched as soon as it's fixed. Why wait?
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Hey Trendy!

There also seems to be another bug with the System! Can you pass this along to the team?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3vbmu0/psa_be_careful_with_the_new_mail_selection_feature/
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    primar13 wrote: »
    Hey Trendy!

There also seems to be another bug with the System! Can you pass this along to the team?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/3vbmu0/psa_be_careful_with_the_new_mail_selection_feature/

I do believe I saw a fix on the way for that in our system. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    primar13 wrote: »
    Hey Trendy!

I do believe I saw a fix on the way for that in our system. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the Fast Response Sparty!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Isn't there a hard limit to the number of emails you can have in which case this will become a real issue with people that do a ton of exchange transactions. Or is that limit just to do with mail with items in them.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads-up. But how can something like that slip through testing? No, that's not a snarky comment, it's genuine interest.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Is this not going to mess up things for those of us with high exchange usage? I mean those mails can build up real fast and there's a limit isn't there?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up.

Seeing as I barely use the exchange, this shouldn't be a problem for me, but for those in the game that are more fanatical about this aspect, they are gonna have a bad time.
    May I suggest making an announcement on the news section? Not every player checks the forums and they might become frustrated and show it all around.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Why spam players' mailboxes with the exchange reports in the first place? Would it be so hard to put tabs in the exchange to log sales and pick up/relist expired items?
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Why spam players' mailboxes with the exchange reports in the first place? Would it be so hard to put tabs in the exchange to log sales and pick up/relist expired items?

This would be one of the most awesome QoL improvements ever. Both the exchange and the mail system have terrible functionality.
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Meh to me I think they should just revamp the exchange and have dilithium exchange, c-store, d-store all under one thing to make it easier to deal with all that stuff. Would be easier on Cryptic too being that they could manage things more easily since this is the same tech with exchange that has existed forever. Instead of mail they should have an all in one system like I have stated and just have a transaction log in that system over sending you a mail every time something is sold. That's my 2 cents on it just revamp its the revamp season 12 months a year so lets do it!
  • Options
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    May I suggest making an announcement on the news section? Not every player checks the forums and they might become frustrated and show it all around.

Good idea. There's already half a dozen posts about this in the gameplay bugs section because people don't read the main forum.
    warpangel wrote: »

Oh hell yeah! Would love to have the ability to turn off exchange mail. More importantly, make them so it doesn't give the name of who bought your items. Gets annoying when the seller sends unsolicited messages to you trying to sell you more.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Does this have to do with not getting past the character screen to play or is that a different issue?
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    What will happen if all your items on sale dont sell and get returned to you and you fill the max of slots on your mail? Will you lose those items?
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Well I did my part in informing my fleets through fleet mail. Rest is up to the rest.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    What is this referring to? Exchange mail? There is no mail function in the exchange UI. Do they mean the mail console that is located near the exchange console? Or are they refering to the exchange UI as a mail system?

Enlightenment please?
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    If you go to any mail console and try to delete or open any mail to retrieve items it will not work. So if you have items in the exchange that have their sell time expired they go straight to your mail box, right now you cannot retrieve them from the attachment on your ingame mail.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    What is this referring to? Exchange mail? There is no mail function in the exchange UI. Do they mean the mail console that is located near the exchange console? Or are they refering to the exchange UI as a mail system?

Enlightenment please?
    Should be mail from the exchange.
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be prudent to fix this right away, rather than wait an entire week while almost every active player's mailbox is clogging up with mails from the Exchange?
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Umm...I dunno what your guys did Trendy, but I can't reclaim those exchange items that didn't sell. Are they now trapped in limbo like the 5 nerve tonics attached to emails after they made them unique items ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    cklib wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be prudent to fix this right away, rather than wait an entire week while almost every active player's mailbox is clogging up with mails from the Exchange?

Indeed. My box is already filled with several dozen exchange emails. >_> Seems very inefficient to wait a whole week to fix this.
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Ok, I must admit that this sucks, since the mail box of my main character is obviously filled to the brim and soon I'm afraid he won't be able to receive or send any new mails. I hope that this will be fixed next week.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Umm...I dunno what your guys did Trendy, but I can't reclaim those exchange items that didn't sell. Are they now trapped in limbo like the 5 nerve tonics attached to emails after they made them unique items ?
    I could reclaim mine just unable to delete them this could be resolved behind the scenes instead of waiting till Thursday maintenance

NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    danimb80danimb80 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Soooo... does this mean, that I shouldn't worry, that new mails with items from my "expired" offers don't show up yet?! Some 5 Kit Modules, that expired Friday for example...
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Better sell in bulk, kids.
  • Options
    n8pu#8193 n8pu Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Hey folks!

We’ll be temporarily taking down the ability to delete mail from the exchange. We noticed that there was an issue with exchange mail that was contributing to server latency problems. As a temporary measure, we’ll be taking it down the ability to delete mail from the exchange. We will be working to resolve this issue with our next update on next Thursday. I’ll keep ya’ll informed. In the mean time, see you in the gingerbread village!

~LaughingTrendy

I am one that seldom checks the forums, it would be nice to have it posted in the game too, and I doubt you will see me in the gingerbread village, nothing in there I want except the frosted boots, which I already picked up.

Also in the Alpha quadrant some of my toons can't move in space to go read the 'notes from another universe', the audio is running but not the ship. Finished Stormbound and was going to travel to DS9 but no ship movement. So I had to transwarp to Qo'noS.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    I've been clearing out hundreds of common doffs via the exchange, and so it seems now my mailbox is so full that no new mails are showing up, but even worse, old mails have been disappearing from the bottom of the list. I really hope I'm not losing them now. And this being only two days out from the start of the problem...
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    darthwoo wrote: »
    I've been clearing out hundreds of common doffs via the exchange, and so it seems now my mailbox is so full that no new mails are showing up, but even worse, old mails have been disappearing from the bottom of the list. I really hope I'm not losing them now. And this being only two days out from the start of the problem...

Yup, all of my old "normal" mails sent by other players are gone. Really annoying, considering some of them were pretty important for me.
  • Options
    omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I had a expired sale today, when I hit take item the item did in fact go to my inventory but the "expired sale" message was still in the mailbox MINUS the item. hope this helps everyone.
This discussion has been closed.