Queen
25%
reyan01artan42questeriuslilchibiclarimarkhawkmangalatt 6 votes
ACDC
4%
ikonn#1068 1 vote
other Brit rockers?
50%
cptjhuntergulberatsmeeinn1tmjarbarcidjackroyalsovereigntunebreakerlindalefftheraven2378sovereign47gueneyhallek0420ladytiamat666 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    other Brit rockers?
    Floyd​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    other Brit rockers?
    Iron Maiden. And by the way, AC/DC are aussies, not brits.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    other Brit rockers?
    Pink Floyd, for the most part, though there are a few albums I don't like so much (generally the ones where Roger Waters is being mean-spirited).

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Pink Floyd, for the most part, though there are a few albums I don't like so much (generally the ones where Roger Waters is being mean-spirited).
    The Wall and The Final Cut? Those were the ones that drove the wedge between Roger and the rest of the band - they felt that if Roger really wanted to work through his childhood traumas with semiautobiographical albums, he should really have done them as a side project, not dragging the rest of the band along with him.

(And given the differences between Waters' solo albums and the ones the Floyd made without him, I think they were right. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking was pretty good, I thought, and Radio KAOS was... interesting, but Amused To Death just wasn't up to snuff; meanwhile, both Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell earned immediate spots in my music collection. Haven't heard The Endless River yet...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The Stones, Queen, Def Leppard are some of my favorites... I hate the Beatles...

PS AC/DC are Australian... ;)

PPS As is most of the best music... BeeGees, Empire of the Sun, Kylie Minogue, INXS, Midnight Oil, Olivia Newton John, and so many many more...
    Post edited by marcusdkane on
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    The Wall and The Final Cut? Those were the ones that drove the wedge between Roger and the rest of the band - they felt that if Roger really wanted to work through his childhood traumas with semiautobiographical albums, he should really have done them as a side project, not dragging the rest of the band along with him.

(And given the differences between Waters' solo albums and the ones the Floyd made without him, I think they were right. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking was pretty good, I thought, and Radio KAOS was... interesting, but Amused To Death just wasn't up to snuff; meanwhile, both Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell earned immediate spots in my music collection. Haven't heard The Endless River yet...)
    I'd recommend it... I can listen to it endlessly on repeat as background noise. Now wether that means it's so great that it can be repeatedly listened to, or so bland that it can be consistently ignored, I wouldn't like to say, but I would recommend listening to it B)
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    other Brit rockers?
    There are so many excellent rock bands from GB.
    Just to name a few of my favourites... Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Yes, ELP, Genesis, Status Quo, Queen. And then Black Sabbath, Saxon and Iron Maiden from heavy metal side.
  • Options
    other Brit rockers?

Meanwhile, The Wall is one of my favourites from Pink Floyd and Amused to Death favourite from Roger Waters. And I certainly prefer both to Waterless Floyd albums.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Beattles
    Does punk count? Edge Of Etiquette was pretty good. :p
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    other Brit rockers?
    Everyone else pales in comparison ...
    http://www.marillion.com/
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    other Brit rockers?

As much as I've tried, I can't get myself to fully appreciate H-era. Fish albums are absolutely superb though.
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Of course punk counts! I'm not sure Edge of Etiquette are british though :P
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    other Brit rockers?

The version of The Wall I prefer is the live version for sure...there's more room for actual MUSIC in it. I don't think I even own the studio album anymore. But yeah, that was one example. For Animals...the music was very good, but I could've done without the lyrics. As far as The Final Cut...oddly enough, I actually like that one quite a bit, even though just like Animals and The Wall, the lyrics are sometimes questionable. I think the difference is that we actually SEE the vulnerability and the NOT always being right, as opposed to it always being just the vicious arrogance and put-downs towards anyone who might dare to have a different opinion or not give the narrator what he wants on a silver platter. Amused to Death I would consider the most "capable" of the solo albums, but I put a good bit of that down to Jeff Beck, and I have found moments to equal and exceed the best parts of Amused to Death in sources as various as Jeff Beck's solo albums, and even Nightwish's ballads ("Meadows of Heaven" in particular jumps out as an example).

I don't know that I've worked the statement into my stories, but I've definitely heard Alyosha's thoughts on that band (obsessed as he is with music, you think he wouldn't have an opinion? ;) ): "Impressive when they let the music speak their souls--not so much when that one guy screams and rants and in the end makes sure no one really communicates anything at all. It's the opposite, in fact." (Of course you have to remember that with his species' neurology, the line between music and language is extremely thin and at times, even though he intellectually knows better, he'll mix up verbs for music and speech without thinking.)

Now...as far as The Endless River, you really have to go in understanding what it is and not prejudge it too harshly. It's built around old recordings they had from Rick Wright when he was still alive, and as such is piecemeal and retrospective...it won't feel cohesive like some other albums. You have to treat it as a swan song/tribute...or even a statement of regrets for all of the pettiness that was allowed to destroy so much both professionally and in interpersonal relations. It's very much a tone of figuring the real significance of things out far too late.

But let me tell you one other thing. You think OUR online fanbase here for Star Trek, even for STO specifically, is toxic? One toe dipped into the Pink Floyd fanbase and you will run SCREAMING for your life. I won't provide any examples here. I will only say that it is easily findable on even a simple search. Easily the most toxic fanbase I have ever seen in my entire life.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    The Who, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Venom, Black Sabbath...just to name a few.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options

If there's two tracks I am guaranteed to skip (and which routinely appear on 80s compilations) any time I hear them, it's Vienna, by Ultravox, and Kayleigh, by Marillion... ;)
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    And by the way, AC/DC are aussies, not brits.

Actually, one's a Scottish born Australian, one's scottish, and the other 3 are British
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Queen

All bow before Freddie Mercury's four octave vocal range
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »

All bow before Freddie Mercury's four octave vocal range
    And, of course, the astounding guitar work of Dr. Brian May, Ph.D (Astrophysics).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Considering I'm more of a Country person, unless its video game soundtracks...

none of the above.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Queen
    I'm going with Queen just for the Flash Gordon theme song.... I can't think of anything I liked from the others.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    other Brit rockers?
    I'm more into bands like Maiden and Motorhead but if I want to chill I'll put on some Floyd and led Zep
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Queen
      For rock, accept no other answer.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      krilldarnkrilldarn Member Posts: 211 Arc User
      I'm going with Queen just for the Flash Gordon theme song.... I can't think of anything I liked from the others.

Go to your local supermarket and as you are walking round sing/shout "Flash" and wait to see if you get the "ah ahh"...................... It has worked for me 4 times.

• Options
      alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
      These ones:
      lyme_regis_stratigraphy4.jpg
      I mean, really, "Shales-With-Beef?" Creative!
    • Options
      other Brit rockers?
      krilldarn wrote: »

Go to your local supermarket and as you are walking round sing/shout "Flash" and wait to see if you get the "ah ahh"...................... It has worked for me 4 times.

That's awesome.

It took me an embarrassingly long time, however, to find out that Flash Gordon and The Flash were NOT the same character, though....

• Options
      cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
      other Brit rockers?
      hawku001x wrote: »

If it did, my vote would be The Sex Pistols.

However, my favorite Brit band, hands down, is Led Zepplin.
    • Options
      mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
      other Brit rockers?
      MAIDEN...MAIDEN...MAIDEN...

By the way I like Iron Maiden

MAIDEN...MAIDEN...MAIDEN...tiger-40.gif​​
      hZbIdbh.jpg
      THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
      other Brit rockers?
      Iron Maiden is one of my favorites so I voted for final option (even if they are actually heavy metal). Besides them, I also like Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Motorhead and Queen.

Btw AC DC is Australian band so it doesn't really belong in this poll, but it is also a great band.
      FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
      SZ1RgUL.jpg
      SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      OP fyi? Ac/Dc isnt british they are australian

and how can you not mention iron maiden?
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Queen
      OP fyi? Ac/Dc isnt british they are australian

and how can you not mention iron maiden?
      Isn't that a form of torture? :p
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg