Install Arc
Options

Snowballs getting nerfed - bye bye fun

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    In three years I've never once had a snowman attack me while I'm doing the race. Even if I stand right next to them.

Yeah, me neigher.... now I've had players folllowing me during it constantly attempting to hit me with snowballs (And usually missing, as I can outrun the snowballs)... but never snowmen, DURING the race.... before and after... sure, but never DURING..... just players.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bad actors spoiled ur virtual fun. Sorry 'bout that. Go outside, sing a carol, and make a real snowball. It'll be juuust fine.
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Sounds like you never have actually been in a snowball fight. How does anyone know you got hit ? Ya, you fall down.

Perhaps you think stopping and saying in chat 'I got hit' has the same effect ?
    :confused:

Sounds like you live in a country of sissies, in Canada we don't fall because of a snowball.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In 3 years I've never ONCE been hit with a snowball inside the gazebo, so I'll have to call BS on your comment.

If a player stands back on the stairs they can fire snowballs and snow weapons into the gazebo. Some chumpstain did it to me today.
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    This. It only takes one or two disruptive people to change something for everyone. Don't blame the Devs. Blame the idiots that play the game.

This^

Good on Cryptic for removing knockdown from snowballs, there were too many trolls with them.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Im happy with this change, as a new player i got targeted by some trolls spam inviting me and knocking me over. I can tell you this wasn't any fun at all. Now I didn't complain but am stil, happy to see this change.

On another note, go outside if you wanna throw snowballs at people.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like you live in a country of sissies, in Canada we don't fall because of a snowball.
    I'm not from Canada and I was thinking similar things.

You know you've hit me because my rate of fire goes up as I try all the harder to hit you back.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Maybe he works for Sony :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    See where priorities are...The game has been BROKEN literately since DR launched and now NERFING balls due to some creeps complaining and whining about knocking players or mommie...they hit "me".... What about the whining/complaining about fixing LEVELING XP....or something more sympathetic like fixing city at DEFERA...selective whining will get you somewhere :D

You can stand on the stairs and target someone inside the gazebo. Yes it works.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gameleech wrote: »
    Never had a prob with anybody annoying or griefing me via snowballs. Removing KD only doesnt affect me, I have no prob with it. What I do hate and you (Cryptic) can nerf is the jerks that rush up to the race start when you are already there waiting for the next spot. I always get disqualified and have restart while they seem to take my spot. WTF BAN THEM ALL!!!%$*@# HOHOHO merry xmas!

I agree. This is clearly a problem.

One than one has ended up getting a piece of my mind, and added to my ignore list. But that doesn't solve the issue.

This is a case of a broken mechanic allowing rude TRIBBLE to TRIBBLE you off, and throw off your game.
  • Options
    haskanaelevahaskanaeleva Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is how the grinch steals xmas, he drowns it in a bathtub of tears.

Why cant people remember that the reason for the season is to have fun and joy, and be joyful! This is the season of santa claus and xmas lights and trees and fun! And joy!

It is sad to see one of the silliest and funniest features of STO and its seasonal events go.

In the past, we've been told that things are removed from the game or nerfed to 'improve the overall quality of the game'.

I beseech the developers to consider whether what they are doing to snowballs improves or harms the quality of the game.

When lunatics stage psycho fits and threats and end up getting what they want... there's a word for that.

how does the lack of knock back affect the fun of your oh so precious snowballs?
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2014
    removing th KD is long overdue

should never have been there in the first place
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is wonderful news, if it applies to the Unmelting Snowballs as well.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh every once in a while you see some would-be troll trying to knock down ice racers to TRIBBLE up their daily. Can't say I especially care one way or the other, but that sort of childishness is probably the source of the change.

when someone has too much testosterone and estrogen poisoning because they lost their race and then proceed to snowball knock down and target specific players, yeah, it was never a good idea in the first place to have knockback in snowballs, i just hope the npc snowball hits lose their knock back as well :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really love this thread. When some players where complaining about the snowballs, others were taunting them, and telling such things as "deal with it".

And now, the role are reversed. And the same people that said "deal with it", are now the ones being told the same things, and lo and behold, they don't like it at all.

I don't take side. But I'm having a very good laugh, so please continue.

Anyway, I find your lack of empathy extremely amusing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    Anyway, I find your lack of empathy extremely amusing.

i find your lack of faith disturbing? *force choke* :P:D

i find the whole thing comical honestly, i never saw why a knockback effect was ever needed to begin with :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how does the lack of knock back affect the fun of your oh so precious snowballs?

Becouse they wont be able to troll ppl with them, thats why are all the complains about removing the KB efect lol
    Anyway, all the complains should be about the trolls that were grifing ppl with them and got them nerfed, not towards the devs... Becouse its one thing a few ppl having a snowball fight and another thing 4-5 ppl ganging up and spam them on spawning/teleport points.
    Alas, this may be a pointless thread, since the nerf was on trible patch notes, yet is not on Holodeck patch notes. Maybe to avoid more trolls to complain or the nerf was removed... who knows. If the latter, it would be a sad thing if devs give in to the trolls...
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Yea, deny what you never saw. It just happened several days ago.

Just because you insisted that I'm wrong I tried it last night, and no surprise to me as soon as a targeted player stepped on the bottom step going up to the gazebo they were no longer targetable, and my snowballs greyed themselves out in inventory.

I also tried knocking down numerous players of varying ranks to judge the effectiveness of the knockdown effect and found snowballs knockdown lowbie players much more often than high ranking players (if at all). I also found snowballs currently invaluable for knocking down trolls in ToI who insist on stealing kills with snowball mortars and large snowball weapons keeping those without snowball guns from completing the mission. It's been a few years since I pelted players running races since it's much more fun to just run alongside them and occupy their line in the corners.
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Well I have, trying to do pie eating challenge and some douch nozzle kept hitting me with snowballs and I managed to eat a whopping 2 pies due to them. I am happy to see this change.

The pie eating contest is rigged anyway. I've hed instances where I was alone at the table and no AI within 2 pies either side of me, and had the entire side of the table filled with pies one second then vanish just as I finished eating one, so I had to run to the other side of the table to grab a pie.

This is dev trolling. They seem to get their jollies denying worthless trinkets to players who just want to have a little fun.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is what happens when people come to the forums and get on zone chat, and go to the Dev's and make rants about how gettin hit with a snowball in the game is like an assault on their person in real life.

Get enough cry babies organized and you can accomplish anything....:eek:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i find your lack of faith disturbing? *force choke* :P:D
    Pun intended :D
    uthyer wrote: »
    This is what happens when people come to the forums and get on zone chat, and go to the Dev's and make rants about how gettin hit with a snowball in the game is like an assault on their person in real life.

Get enough cry babies organized and you can accomplish anything....:eek:
    And now, you are in the cry babies side !

That's so funny, and you can't even see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just because you insisted that I'm wrong I tried it last night, and no surprise to me as soon as a targeted player stepped on the bottom step going up to the gazebo they were no longer targetable, and my snowballs greyed themselves out in inventory.

I also tried knocking down numerous players of varying ranks to judge the effectiveness of the knockdown effect and found snowballs knockdown lowbie players much more often than high ranking players (if at all). I also found snowballs currently invaluable for knocking down trolls in ToI who insist on stealing kills with snowball mortars and large snowball weapons keeping those without snowball guns from completing the mission. It's been a few years since I pelted players running races since it's much more fun to just run alongside them and occupy their line in the corners.
    :D

Did not happen to you, but I still got hit by snowballs by a player on the staircase.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    I'm not from Canada and I was thinking similar things.

You know you've hit me because my rate of fire goes up as I try all the harder to hit you back.

rofl if a snowball hit me hard enough to knock me to the ground it probably would knock me unconscious if it was aimed at my head. Anyhow snowballs dont normally knock people to the ground in Canada land they hit you and then go smush and crumble and if your concentrating on something else you might startle for a second and then bend over and make your own and toss it back.

I ran into a guy tossing snowballs at DS9 the other day I didnt think much of it but he was basically tossing them at people until they got knocked over and then trying another target. What I didnt like was the fact that after he hit me I then was sliding all over the ground in DS9 so i had to stand and wait for it to wear off before I could move anywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Did not happen to you, but I still got hit by snowballs by a player on the staircase.

It's too bad I can get snowballs to work inside the gazebo, there's way too many players going AFK while standing in front of the race official and I'de love to clear them out instead of changing instances. Too bad the cover shield doesn't work in WW.
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited December 2014
    ummax wrote: »
    rofl if a snowball hit me hard enough to knock me to the ground it probably would knock me unconscious if it was aimed at my head. Anyhow snowballs dont normally knock people to the ground in Canada land they hit you and then go smush and crumble and if your concentrating on something else you might startle for a second and then bend over and make your own and toss it back.

I ran into a guy tossing snowballs at DS9 the other day I didnt think much of it but he was basically tossing them at people until they got knocked over and then trying another target. What I didnt like was the fact that after he hit me I then was sliding all over the ground in DS9 so i had to stand and wait for it to wear off before I could move anywhere.

Ya, that snow up there is just light and fluffy like those who toss them. Come down to the states and feel what a partially melted and packed snowball feels like in the face.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP is borderline hilarious. Next time someone tells me I'm being too hyperbolic I'm gonna point them here.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ya, that snow up there is just light and fluffy like those who toss them. Come down to the states and feel what a partially melted and packed snowball feels like in the face.

My snow, when it rarely happens, is more like a ball of ice. Yet I can drive up one state and it is as soft as a blanket.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png