test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game 100% unplayable right now

The server is 100% unstable. You can't even change chat channels due to lag. Try playing an STF? Let's just say if's fubar. YOu can't move, you can't shoot, you get killed but then rubberband back and forth while you die making it last an eternity.

Even trying something innoccuous like trying to get a joint accolade (i.e. team up and get sci, tac, eng on same mission) is nigh impossible due to 100% instability, glitching, having to bail out of missions 20x to reload last beam-in point, and so on.

The vast majority of all players on the chat channels, across multiple channels, are ALL experiencing this.

The entire server has taken a massive dump, and it is rotting and festering in what we used to call STO right now.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The entire server has taken a massive dump, and it is rotting and festering in what we used to call STO right now.

:eek:

The Server turned in to the Forums!
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Unable to reach the account server here in central US.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup. Finally gave up for the night. Maintenance can't come soon enough this week.
  • Options
    gullshadowgullshadow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yup , Done for the night can't log on.
    U.S.S. Avenger (Battle Cruiser)
    NCC 97500

Fleet Admiral Theron VonShadow Commanding
  • Options
    captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. Just "FIX IT". I am not going to read the "Sticky". I am not going to trouble shoot. I do enough of that at my real job. I just want to relax, play this game and complain like my costumers do. Great game, Great art work, just want to play darn it. Looking forward to the expansion been on Tribble like the look. Seven ages well LOL. Peace out.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I couldn't even log in from the east coast earlier. Not even a pathping would complete to the patch server.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here. Just "FIX IT". I am not going to read the "Sticky". I am not going to trouble shoot. I do enough of that at my real job. I just want to relax, play this game and complain like my costumers do. Great game, Great art work, just want to play darn it. Looking forward to the expansion been on Tribble like the look. Seven ages well LOL. Peace out.
    If you do this at work then you know that ISP routes are different depending on lots of factors and since this forum isn't flooded with server down threads it means it's isolated and needs more details.

But you work in a troubleshooting job so I suppose what I just said you already know ;)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I don't work in IT and I don't care to understand gibberish. Since the days of ATARI we have had a constant issue of the launcher and server breakdowns. Perhaps it is time the Chinese Overlords spent some of that loot by investing in more servers.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep... Server is down again. Borg nanites have taken it over. :(
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep... Server is down again. Borg nanites have taken it over. :(

Server down. Again. Now disconnected twice. Time to file a support ticket.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It took several attempts at logging in. I picked my science officer this time. The problem is it loaded my tactical officer instead. :eek:
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I got home at about 11:45pm from work and planned to play for a couple of hours... needless to say, after about 55 minutes I got flushed like a bowl of week-old mac-n'-cheese...
    I just wish somebody would jigger the handle so this toilet calms down.

Can't get back in... Upstate NY here.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here... It has been happening a lot lately around the midnight mark. Its almost like trying to play a MMO on a dial up connection and getting booted from a no server response error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    WA State here and down. I don't care what the mods say. Same thing is happening to about 90% of the community.
  • Options
    hellswrath2alhellswrath2al Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Continuous "server not responding" kicks. Just had 4 in the same instance and didn't even get my marks at the end because the 4th was right as the final boss died.

A reply would be good. This isn't part of the scheduled maintenance, methinks.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes, the sheer variety of locations players are experiencing this from eliminates all but extremely local possibilities on how the server is losing connections. Makes it rather easy to track down. ;)

Please do so.
  • Options
    vykorprimevykorprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Appears to be some kind of network routing issue from certain regions to STO's data center. Sitting here in SF Bay Area, the game fairly unplayable with periodic spikes of dropped packets. Once I VPN'ed my machine through a server sitting on Level3 backbone in Dallas, all the lag immediately cleared up.

Basically some regions/ISPs are unaffected and don't see what we're talking about, while the rest of us are having major connectivity problems.
  • Options
    krakenhazenkrakenhazen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will add to this as well. I am in SC on east coast. I logged on at about 1 am EST and experienced bad lag, discons and rubber-banding in STFs, sitting in space and standing on dock.

STF team-mates dropping like flies...and not to the borg :0
    Some made it back in and some did not.

Maint will be very welcome today.
  • Options
    chozarchozar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    im in Australia , getting constant disconnects every few minutes , has been going for the last hour or so
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SO as i said in an other post :

That crazy, STO is the only game who always say is the fault of the player if the connection is bad,even if since LoR many people prove that come from cryptic cheap hardware. I find that insulting.

Anyway same for me, my connection work perfectly with Eve online, Secret World , Age of conan .... But is impossible to play STO because of the server not responding (but I'm sure is my connection or my computer the problem even if that work with other game)
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2014
    kara445 wrote: »
    SO as i said in an other post :

That crazy, STO is the only game who always say is the fault of the player if the connection is bad,even if since LoR many people prove that come from cryptic cheap hardware. I find that insulting.

Anyway same for me, my connection work perfectly with Eve online, Secret World , Age of conan .... But is impossible to play STO because of the server not responding (but I'm sure is my connection or my computer the problem even if that work with other game)

why you think i stopped reporting problems with the game.If you get SNR then its your internet ,if you get lag from UI then its your PC not the badly programmed UI ,if you dont see ingame effects again is your PC ....only reason to even read the report threads is for lols at people who still try hard to report problems.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    And yet 90% of the community isn't reporting any problems you claim they are having. Everyone here knows that when the server actually goes down on Craptics end, the forums are flooded with dozens of rage threads and hundreds of posts within seconds of the outage. Less than half a dozen threads isn't a server issue.

To those affected I hope the issue swiftly clears up for you.

Try being part of 32 different channels inside the game and you will see what I mean. I could slide over some screenshots if ya want?
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have lags too. Also tried us1 and eu1 proxy and have lags with them too. All other internet working fine!
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, for troubleshooting purposes, the sheer variety of locations players are experiencing this from eliminates all but extremely local possibilities on how the server is losing connections. Makes it rather easy to track down. ;)

Please do so.

No, the sheer variety does not mean that and is not helpful in troubleshooting. The paths they are using is what would be useful in troublshooting.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Don't need to see any screenshots. I know from experience how players actually react when server problems affect most of the population and the lack of threads complaining about this is proof it isn't as widespread as some would want us to believe.

That being said I do hope the problems that some people are having get rectified as quickly as possible for them.

Of course. :)

Game seems to be running fine and dandy once again. Thank you TS for responding so quickly.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    No, the sheer variety does not mean that and is not helpful in troubleshooting. The paths they are using is what would be useful in troublshooting.

/facepalm

And just what do you think the variety of reported locations provides? Please feel free to take the information to the next logical conclusions. My location has already been reported. Many others have also been reported, and I'm sure there are a plethora of useful support tickets with similar info. All of this is useful information and seriously limits potential causes.

I'm sorry that I'm not feeling like spelling out every little detail to the forums where no one really cares.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    /facepalm

And just what do you think the variety of reported locations provides? Please feel free to take the information to the next logical conclusions. My location has already been reported. Many others have also been reported, and I'm sure there are a plethora of useful support tickets with similar info. All of this is useful information and seriously limits potential causes.

I'm sorry that I'm not feeling like spelling out every little detail to the forums where no one really cares.

Sorry, but location is simply not that useful a information... What ISP are you using? What Internet Backbone Provider is your ISP pushing the packets onto ??? and what other Internet Backbone Providers are they peering with ??? In my own area, Comcast, Verizon and AT&T are all major Internet Service Providers, as well as a slew of other smaller providers... (ever hear of 'Garlic.com' ???) A issue related to one provider may or may not have an effect with other regional providers. This is way the diagnostic data returned by 'Trace Route' and 'Path Ping' is so useful...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Sorry, but location is simply not that useful a information... What ISP are you using? What Internet Backbone Provider is your ISP pushing the packets onto ??? and what other Internet Backbone Providers are they peering with ??? In my own area, Comcast, Verizon and AT&T are all major Internet Service Providers, as well as a slew of other smaller providers... (ever hear of 'Garlic.com' ???) A issue related to one provider may or may not have an effect with other regional providers. This is way the diagnostic data returned by 'Trace Route' and 'Path Ping' is so useful...

I'm not saying it leaves the answer sitting in your lap. I'm saying the aggregate data from locations is helpful in troubleshooting the cause. ISPs used is a part of this. The rest of the data you described is linked directly to location and ISP, except tace data, of course.

I was just about to post this lengthy explanation, but realized there was no point. You obviously have enough knowledge to know it isn't useless information. You also know that a portion of the complaints will include ISP data (the larger the better, obviously). If you want to assume I know nothing because I'm not trying to explain to IT professionals how to troubleshoot, that's your prerogative. I really don't care, and have nothing to prove around here.

Of course ping trace data would be more useful, but most people aren't running one. I sent mine in (use "pingplotter," myself, but only because I'm too lazy to get anything better since I use it so rarely), and I'm sure I'm not the only one (especially in this community). I'm betting they have enough data to start drawing conclusions, if they spend the time to troubleshoot seriously.

However, seeing as they haven't responded, there is a good possibility they already have an idea as to the culprit, or they would be asking us for more information. /shrugs. Guess we'll see.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 7 ms 7 ms 5 ms 10.104.106.145
    3 7 ms 9 ms 6 ms dtr01yakmwa-tge-0-1-0-15.yakm.wa.charter.com [96
    .34.106.112]
    4 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms bbr01yakmwa-bue-1.yakm.wa.charter.com [96.34.105
    .230]
    5 34 ms 31 ms 31 ms bbr02snjsca-bue-3.snjs.ca.charter.com [96.34.2.1
    48]
    6 29 ms 29 ms 30 ms te0-4-0-8.ccr21.sjc03.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104
    .138.157]
    7 31 ms 30 ms 29 ms be2000.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    105]
    8 49 ms 32 ms 31 ms be2164.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28
    .33]
    9 67 ms 65 ms 65 ms be2132.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
    .54]
    10 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms be2156.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
    86]
    11 98 ms 99 ms 97 ms be2137.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43
    .194]
    12 136 ms 103 ms 99 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    13 109 ms 107 ms 108 ms 38.111.40.114
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 98 ms * * patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Down again for me anyway. :P
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Today's patch notes should have read:
    Server instability update

Smirk was all happy the update ended so fast. The quick and the failed.