test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New bug with last night's patch: Nanoprobes super effective

rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Last night I logged in to run my defera invasion zone daily to get some marks to turn into fun stuff. You know, the usual.

However, no less than 3 occassions I was instantly zapped and assimilated by nanoprobe infestations so fast I couldn't even respond. I was running my sci healer and noticed a LOT more nanoprobe infestation clouds than usual and was healing left and right to clear them when I could.

I should NEVER have been assimilated. PERIOD. I'm immune. I've earned that passive skill bonus with my accolade "Nanoprobe Immunity: Destory 200 Borg ships. Unlocks: "Immune" title and Nanoprobe Immunity passive skill."

I haven't been assimilated by random borg since I got this accolade years back and suddenly I was assimilated 3 times in the space of an hour? I still have the skill and the accolade, and it shows up in the STO gateway when I went in to make a quick check to see if it had disappeared.

The latest patch as of last night has really screwed some things up. In another unrelated thread I was noting how the Omega remodulation extender trait wasn't working properly as well. I think a number of traits are TRIBBLE up right now thanks to massive bugs in the patches.
Post edited by rodentmaster on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you honestly think that just because the passive is called Nanoprobe Immunity that it makes you immune to assimilation?

all it does is give you a 2% damage boost against borg ships
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I thought you just got 2% damage against borg ships
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I should NEVER have been assimilated. PERIOD. I'm immune. I've earned that passive skill bonus with my accolade "Nanoprobe Immunity: Destory 200 Borg ships. Unlocks: "Immune" title and Nanoprobe Immunity passive skill."

That passive gives you 2% more damage against borg ships, no more, no less. The name of an accolade doesnt really mean much.
    Else planet killer killer would give you the ability to instantly destroy a planet killer, unfortunately thats not the case.
    Killaccolades always give you more damage, nothing else.

However, the Nanoprobes seem to be modified by which npc shoot them, the ones of a Elite tac are much more powerful then those of a normal drone. Sometimes they even differ when shot from the same class.
    Whats also important: nanite health monitor has a 15sec internal CD, meaning if it just healed you, it wont heal you again for another 15sec (if you dont reapply it), giving Nanites a timeframe in which they are really effective.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Whats also important: nanite health monitor has a 15sec internal CD, meaning if it just healed you, it wont heal you again for another 15sec (if you dont reapply it), giving Nanites a timeframe in which they are really effective.
    is this referring to the time between charges expended to heal you? because if so, that CD is broken, as every time i've activated it in the past few weeks when i was nearly dead, it blew all 3 charages in a row
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The latest patch as of last night has really screwed some things up. In another unrelated thread I was noting how the Omega remodulation extender trait wasn't working properly as well. I think a number of traits are TRIBBLE up right now thanks to massive bugs in the patches.

Yesterday's patch was on the Tribble server. Unless you were playing Defera on Tribble (in which case this thread is in need of moving to the Tribble subforum), the patch was irrelevant to your current problems.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Toiva: There was a downloaded patch on holodeck when I logged in. Not overly large, but larger than the "blip and gone" update progress bars.

If the skill "nanoprobe immunity" does not, in fact, grant a nanoprobe immunity, then it hasn't been working as intended for the past 2 years. Since 2012, every character that I have which has earned it has been pretty much immune to instant assimilation. Exactly as described in the accolade features.

This has been something I have repeated on every toon I have and it was observable and repeatable in a reliable manner. It matched exactly what the description implied. I haven't stocked nanite suppression injection consumables for years because of this passive skill.

In short, it was "working as intended" by Cryptic standards and as of last night something somewhere broke.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Accolade/Kill_Accolade#Borg

Name: Nanoprobe Immunity
    Requirements: Destroy Borg ships (200)
    Unlocks: "Immune" title and power (+2% Damage against Borg (Space))

where do you see 'Assimilation Immunity' in that? and why would a SPACE accolade give you immunity to a GROUND mechanic anyway, even if it did? it would be linked to Assimilate This! if anything

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Toiva: There was a downloaded patch on holodeck when I logged in. Not overly large, but larger than the "blip and gone" update progress bars.
    You sure about that? Had there been a patch to holodeck, Holodeck must have been brought down. Yet I've been live for like 8 hours prior to the Tribble patch and then I'd the chatter die if Holodeck went down. That didn't happen to my knowledge.
    If the skill "nanoprobe immunity" does not, in fact, grant a nanoprobe immunity, then it hasn't been working as intended for the past 2 years. Since 2012, every character that I have which has earned it has been pretty much immune to instant assimilation. Exactly as described in the accolade features.

This has been something I have repeated on every toon I have and it was observable and repeatable in a reliable manner. It matched exactly what the description implied. I haven't stocked nanite suppression injection consumables for years because of this passive skill.

In short, it was "working as intended" by Cryptic standards and as of last night something somewhere broke.

The accolade sure was never advertised as granting real immunity (if we were going by accolade names, most players would be utterly invincible).

Don't know how you came to your observations.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Don't know how you came to your observations.

Quite simply: By observing. First-hand. Before getting nanoprobe immunity: Assimilated frequently enough I had to stock the annoying injector consumablse. After getting it: Never needed to use those injectors again, never had to worry about it again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then you either went lucky or had some unkown bug on you side, as Nanoprobes are happily trying to assimilate you even with the accolade, and thats at least like this since f2p.
    There are some kitskills and doffs that help cleaning it, so, yeah, either luck or you used skills cleaning it unintentional.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Assimilation is also semi bugged I think. There have been quite a few times a member of my fleet got the Heebee Jeebees (Nanoprobes) and was INSTANTLY assimilated. Not even a CHANCE to clear it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Assimilation is also semi bugged I think. There have been quite a few times a member of my fleet got the Heebee Jeebees (Nanoprobes) and was INSTANTLY assimilated. Not even a CHANCE to clear it.
    that usually happens with the assimilated undine

the day it was remastered, i did it with my very first ever character and got instantly assimilated while i was fighting the undine

interestingly, that character had the Nanoprobe Immunity accolade for almost a year before i did the mission - still got assimilated

so that alone shows that the idea of the accolade ever conferring assimilation immunity is a load of targ manure

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2014
    I think most of the claims of super borg and instant assimilation are more due to server lag issues than anything else personally. [which i seem to be getting a lot of recently not sure why yet.]

The Borg injects nanoprobes server clock for assimilation starts

Minor server lag as player is resyncing, assimilation occurs.

It happens, you have been lucky if it has never happened before.

I've had it happen after I clicked on the NanoProbe clearing consumable, but the server and I were apparently outta sync.

Get back on the horse and kill more borg ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The worse instance I have ever been assimilated, was by either being shot (not sure how an energy weapon applies nanoprobes, but hey it's ST), or by being held by their rooting ability (The dumbest ability I have ever seen, what are they sending this thru the ground along with nanoprobes?).
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    The worse instance I have ever been assimilated, was by either being shot (not sure how an energy weapon applies nanoprobes, but hey it's ST), or by being held by their rooting ability (The dumbest ability I have ever seen, what are they sending this thru the ground along with nanoprobes?).
    the rooting power they use is a supercharged Fuse Armor, as far as i can tell

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Lol, pay no attention to Pinky. His post don't always make sense but make for a good laugh.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Gorn and Assimilated Undine have nanoprobe-grenades. The nanotubes are also capable of stretching really far (animation), so they dont have to be in touching-range to you.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I kinda wish Borg would assimilate more (or try to). Perhaps not instant, so you have a chance to keep your health up or clear it like you can now, but they should at least try to as soon as you're close to a drone.

Borg: Extremely powerful and highly-equipped Federation officer detected. Drones 42 and 47, punch and slap the Federation officer.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Gorn and Assimilated Undine have nanoprobe-grenades. The nanotubes are also capable of stretching really far (animation), so they dont have to be in touching-range to you.

Understandable, but they hit you thru entire stages, from distances outside of even sniper weapons have, and than being able to assimilate you also.
    the rooting power they use is a supercharged Fuse Armor, as far as i can tell

Not being hit by grenades, they are assimilating me with their energy weapons, or even thru the use of rooting at way over the range, they should even have.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Insta-assim is not a new thing. I remember it happening at least a year ago, perhaps further back as well.

As Q said, DON'T PROVOKE* THE BORG!!

*or melee. Because that's just stupid if you expect to melee the borg all day and get away with it.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Quite simply: By observing. First-hand. Before getting nanoprobe immunity: Assimilated frequently enough I had to stock the annoying injector consumablse. After getting it: Never needed to use those injectors again, never had to worry about it again.

Correlation does not confirm causation. What else did you get over the course of that? Better gear, better understanding of the game- oh and right, they nerfed the HELL out of assimilation right around that timeframe.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will admit, it does feel like being assimilated happens a lot faster now, like it does way more damage than it used to.

I mean, sure in the past there was the odd critted assimilation, or I would be at low health already and instantly assimilated, but it just feels like now it does a lot more damage overall and usually before I have much chance to do anything it is too late.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.