test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are we overreacting much?

13

Comments

  • ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I ran a pile of doff assignments last night, and participated in some of the crafting. I got my new uniform without the gamebreaking bugs others were experiencing, so I should count myself lucky.

    My thoughts on the new UI - IF this is a step in the direction of hooking doffing/crafting up to Gateway, it's a good step. IF this is done soon. Gateway is a 99% abandoned set of promises for a long time now, and the UI changes really only make sense to me if we're heading in that direction. IF we are heading in that direction, it would be nice if it was long before Ex2, and an announcement of WHEN we can expect this feature comes along.

    Visual space/rewards changes: Doesn't bother me one way or another. I can get used to it. The bars vs pie chart doesn't bug me either, I find them interchangeable.

    Doff selection/filtering: This is horrible. An assignment should never suggest trading in a purple doff for "Cardassian Officer Exchange" or "Turn in Suspected Changeling". Especially after trumpeting that the new autoselection was supposed to make things perfectly easy all of the time. Changing a doff out needs massive work, as you can no longer filter on traits.

    Doffs being "assigned" when they are already assigned elsewhere, or showing up on the list when already assigned elsewhere - this is just plain broken, in my opinion. Hopefully fixed soon.

    Commodities and materials no longer show amount needed/totals. Just shows the amount needed. I found it more convenient to know how MUCH of what I had they were taking from me, that way I would know if I needed to make a vendor trip soon.

    The crafting UI - well, OK, I'll see if it works out for me.

    In short, the I'm "OK" with the UI, and the changes. But they are still in major need of improvement, and never should have been put into the production environment until that improvement had taken place. Now that it's in, how long before it gets fixed, if ever? If we don't complain, it'll be a long time indeed.

    The Odyssey Uniform for free - I'm pretty thankful for that. I'm not happy a pile of other uniforms are broken to give it to us though (Sierra skirts etc).

    What did we have to give up to pay for these "changes"?

    1- Ripped out a bunch of content. Some people liked this content, some did not, but it was ripped out regardless. They ripped out Diplomatic Missions while they were at it, not even bothering to update the NPCs on ESD that talk about them.
    2 - Ripped out a social zone that had bank, exchange, and mail services, along with 5 unique diplomatic missions, and vendors (one of which had the lowest prices on certain commodities). I agree with moving crafting OFF of Memory Alpha, but I do not agree with removing Memory Alpha. It had more to do than many of our other social zones (which I don't want pulled either).
    3 - Also ripped out - the ability to peacefully farm crafting commodities, something which we used to have an hourly to promote. Now it's pay up or pew pew.

    All in all, what was delivered onto Holodeck = a buggy, "alpha" UI (as they said themselves when it went to Tribble), a free uniform, and less content to raise the average quality. No FE, no new dailies, no new STFs, de nada. Seems like a net loss at the moment, and complaining MAY get some change. Are we overreacting? When this was all in the first week on Tribble, I would have said yes. Now that it was delivered to Holodeck in basically the same state, I'd say no - not at all. Personal attacks on other forum members and devs are always out of line, and the forums are often a font of negativity and hyperbole - but the issues being raised - I see them as legitimate.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a naive wish, not reality. You will never hear from most people who have simply given up & already left. And for every player who actually takes the time to give feedback, whether positive or negative, there are 20 more who just do not use the fora at all, and will not post there until they reach complete desperation to resolve their issues. That leaves those of us who are either eternal optimists, or too stubborn to give up on expecting a higher standard for our favorite things in life. IMO, even an overraction is better than no reaction... :rolleyes:

    there also seems to be a perception with forum monkeys that the "complainers" or "whiners" are a small subset of overly upset people.

    Sorry but I have several major chat channels going and 99.9% of the time what people are "whining" about is the general in game consensus.

    Take the DOFF UI. It was immediately despised. About the best comments were "im used to it now, it sucks but Im used to it"

    And usually 99.9% of the time, the "whining" and "complaining" was the general consensus of most people posting to tribble. Usually instead of one constructive tribble feedback thread, on release you get a 100 similar posts.

    Really IMO the forum monkeys are the outliers. If you went by the usual forum crowd you would have thought the #1 issue for most people in game was swimsuts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 34,055 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there also seems to be a perception with forum monkeys that the "complainers" or "whiners" are a small subset of overly upset people.

    Sorry but I have several major chat channels going and 99.9% of the time what people are "whining" about is the general in game consensus.

    Take the DOFF UI. It was immediately despised. About the best comments were "im used to it now, it sucks but Im used to it"

    And usually 99.9% of the time, the "whining" and "complaining" was the general consensus of most people posting to tribble. Usually instead of one constructive tribble feedback thread, on release you get a 100 similar posts.

    Really IMO the forum monkeys are the outliers. If you went by the usual forum crowd you would have thought the #1 issue for most people in game was swimsuts
    Yeah, I dislike the new doff ui, but conceptually has potential, it just needs a few more features, and less wasted space.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sure, some people get nasty, or are not constructive in their criticism, which helps no one..

    but. that being said.. there is making money, and then there is this game.. where everything that is made is modeled at sucking every last penny out of the customer (you and me) butts.

    in mmo's especially in free to play (or play depending ont he game) there is a fine line that has to be walked. the do's and donts.. primarily making content (such as ships, iniforms, lockboxes over making "good", replayable, and long lasting content will hurt you in the long run..

    most of my friends who have stopped playing the game (and havnt touched it in a year or more) always react the same when I tell them about what the game has to offer now, or about a new ship..

    they say things such as " oh great, a new ship which is awesome, to play all the same old boring content". or oh wow, they created new playable content, that while looks pretty and has a voice over, plays exactly the same as all their old content".

    for most, its not about kicking and screaming that cryptic/pwe wants to make money and sell stuff, its that they don't even have a 50/50 production value to the game.

    in my eyes, they should have 75 percent of the dev team working on the free content that keeps people interested, while having a separate team, that makes up 25 percent of the dev employees creating store items.. and they should be completely separate. no more creating an event purposely designed to prey on players lack of time, or lack of patience..

    while trying to create content to support their need to make people "buy" dilithium/zen to get around time gates or massive costs, they are lessening the experience and the production value of said content. cryptics content is merely a fly here, press f, blow something up, press f, beam down, press f, maybe do a quick puzzle and beam up, to do it all again.

    having rushed, less thought out, and grind content like this also creates another problem.. the mmo factor is always on the curb.. these missions are so mediocre, and so boring after playing them what twice, that groups do not play together, almost every group I pug with, or I join, there is a lack of communication, and these need to get it done as fast as you can without any incidednt (cause grinding relies on doing it quick and easy and multiple times)..

    when I play other games, and I group up with people, we communicate, and we talk and laugh and figure out strategy and blah blah blah.. in sto, its a rare occurance that I see this.. and its not because of the player base (cause before f2p it wasn't like it is now) its because everyone is in a rush.. you cant slow down for 5minutes because you need to grind yourself to death.

    cryptic/pwe/sto's new make every piece of content to support the grind, and support trying to make players pay their way through it is hurting the game over all. end of story..
  • landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In regards to the OP, I think I have every right to provide constructive feedback. As I pay the subscription fee, purchased the LoR package, and have invested a far amount of funds in the C-Store products not to mention the time I have invested in this MMO, yeah I think I have that right. This game it not free, and quite frankly I view my payments as a investment in the product. So when the company does not respond to constructive feedback and content is removed for less than acceptable reasons and does not pass the logic test I tend to think I have that right. If I, as the customer continue to feel that my interests are not being considered, or even though concerns are occasion addressed then I will take my money and leave. Minding that word of advertising is very powerful.

    I realize that things cannot be fixed overnight but it can be accomplished and addressed in the long run. I personally, what a MMO similar is size and scope of "EVE Online", with Dev and PA personnel as involved at "Earth and Beyond" before Westwood Studios was bought out by EA but with a Star Trek theme. The "Exploration" piece could have been saved and improved upon. This MMO could be created in such a matter that it is immersive, brings meaning to the items you and I have and use. PVP could be indeed be improve as well if that is your cup of tea. But I don't want PVP to be like it is "EVE Online" where you can't explore the galaxy because group of "players" want to blow you out of the sky very second they can.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    in my eyes, they should have 75 percent of the dev team working on the free content that keeps people interested, while having a separate team, that makes up 25 percent of the dev employees creating store items.. and they should be completely separate. no more creating an event purposely designed to prey on players lack of time, or lack of patience.. .

    And then, look what happens.. bugs and fails everywhere.. if you use 0% of the dev employees to keep the game clean of tribbles.. :P, STO up to date.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't call Cryptic greedy, I'd call it incompetent (as an entity, not its individual components), left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, and right barely understands what it is doing too

    I'm going to skip the issues of the UI itself, and get to what is, to me, the crux of the matter;
    use of resources, somebody spent all that time on replacing something that worked brilliantly with an inferior replacement that doesnt add any monumental new feature

    yes, they might only do UI stuff, and thats fine, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason for what gets done, or any apparent sense of prioritisation or any real time-planning, they keep saying things like 'we didnt have enough time' or 'we had nobody free who does that'. tiny things get apparent huge allotments of time and resources, and big things get what appear to be smaller allotments

    the Doof thing isnt a huge thing, just the newest thing and it is symptomatic of the unimaginative management that is driving this game onto the rocks


    for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,546 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    zbzzn wrote: »
    Agreed.

    I have a difficult time understanding why the people expressing sheer vitriolic hatred towards Cryptic continue to hang around.

    Well think of it in terms of status. Being angry at cryptic allows you to hold the opinion that your judgement is superior to that of the professional developers who control the mass entertainment product which both you and thousands of other people enjoy. It puts you in a position above cryptic and so in direct line to influencing that larger group IF you can exert some influence over the developers. Careful reasoning won't do the trick, as you must inevitably contend with the subjective nature of your opinion and your position as merely a palyer. So, you exaggerate. You make rediculous claims about doom and gloom to present a greater argument for why your point of view should have any sway over what the devs do to manage the larger population.

    Basically its just the expression of human evolution. We are social creatures and over the generations we have been selected for according to our ability to operate within social groups. Some of that is constructive, some of that isn't (but provides greater personal advantages) and these people who seem to do nothing but whine are just preferring the second route (as so often happens in forums.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well think of it in terms of status. Being angry at cryptic allows you to hold the opinion that your judgement is superior to that of the professional developers who control the mass entertainment product which both you and thousands of other people enjoy. It puts you in a position above cryptic and so in direct line to influencing that larger group IF you can exert some influence over the developers. Careful reasoning won't do the trick, as you must inevitably contend with the subjective nature of your opinion and your position as merely a palyer. So, you exaggerate. You make rediculous claims about doom and gloom to present a greater argument for why your point of view should have any sway over what the devs do to manage the larger population.

    Basically its just the expression of human evolution. We are social creatures and over the generations we have been selected for according to our ability to operate within social groups. Some of that is constructive, some of that isn't (but provides greater personal advantages) and these people who seem to do nothing but whine are just preferring the second route (as so often happens in forums.)

    Or, even simpler, its the only decent currently active Trek, there's no new series, the various fan-shows all work at a slow pace (not cryptic story slow, but some of them get close), and the Novels seem to be a meat grinder


    for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,546 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    exa12 wrote: »
    Or, even simpler, its the only decent currently active Trek, there's no new series, the various fan-shows all work at a slow pace (not cryptic story slow, but some of them get close), and the Novels seem to be a meat grinder

    Well that may explain why people are here, not the way they act when they're presented with the chance to shout at a single dev to affect a much wider swath of gamers. STO is the most vibrant bit of trek right now but its still subject to the same impulses which liven up most, if not all, developer-managed forums.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yesterday when they had released 9.5 the battle in 8742 at the Sphere was fun, all the weapons I've researched and implemented now fire and DPS is working correctly under FED side. Today under KDF side like the weapons weren't firing correctly wasn't the same. Outside the Sphere in Nimbus Sector no problem with DPS on KDF.

    R&D, reminds me from the other online game I left because to get any resources or add-on for ship weapons platforms you had to do the same thing now offered in this game. Very long hours. I'll push this feature to one side for now. Work around it. Until it gets smooth out.

    DOF assignments was working fine yesterday with 9.5, but today horror! Example: System assigned a Biologist to work on the warp core. Where I have Warp Core DOF to do that. Then there wasn't an option to get to the list to change it. Sure there was a select button. Just a few minutes ago I've had Medical assignment got the Doctor right, but assigned the wrong assistant, I have enough Nurses but I can't select them for some odd reason. I had to use Biologist. I wish the list you have to select from shows the department they're in instead of scrolling to find the right one?

    PVE missions ran some space and ground they weren't too bad. Starbase 24 that one first run for me. Got really huge lag near the end their so many enemy targets where spawn, could why it was lagging. Should the system detect how many players are playing. Time was up and the system had kept sending out more enemy ships to attack.

    Tray items seem to stick now of course if I change out main items for make the ship function then issues appear things are gone or replaced.

    I am sure they'll get everything working right. Need more beta testers on both ends with some feed back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Time will only tell!
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And then, look what happens.. bugs and fails everywhere.. if you use 0% of the dev employees to keep the game clean of tribbles.. :P, STO up to date.

    but 0% do that now.. im just using numbers on what is really possible to happen.. we all know cryptic will not hire q&a, or customer support people.. please, keep it real lol..... :-)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,538 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    but 0% do that now.. im just using numbers on what is really possible to happen.. we all know cryptic will not hire q&a, or customer support people.. please, keep it real lol..... :-)
    Oh, yes. Absolutely none of the bugs have ever been squashed. Right. :rolleyes:

    What was that about "keeping it real"?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I suspect, OP, that the real thing is this: It is just another in a long line of issues and unwelcome changes. The straw that will break some camel's backs as it were.

    Personally, I do not like it all that much but only care so much as well... There are other things that annoy me far more.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    exa12 wrote: »
    the Novels seem to be a meat grinder

    Many of the novels are great.
    Those who want Trek to live on after Nemesis should pick some of them up :)

    In any case, I feel that people complain in these forums way too much. Seems that complaining about STO is a full-time hobby for some.

    I, for one, am enjoying the game.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,341 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would probably say yeah, some of us did; I know I am one of them. Admittedly, I was tired when I logged in to the change, so trying to navigate something new when tired was a failure. It isn't that bad.

    That said, I still prefer the old system; it's easier and more friendly to use (by far) and with it, you couldn't select assignments that you didn't have the requirements to complete (unlike with the new system, where you can (they need to grey out assignments that you can't do)). They also need to sort out the selection process too, as in, once you've assigned a Doff to a project slot, he's removed from the next selection screen (for assignments that require more than one doff).

    If they can fix that, along with Betreka, then I can (begrudgingly) live with it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    but 0% do that now.. im just using numbers on what is really possible to happen.. we all know cryptic will not hire q&a, or customer support people.. please, keep it real lol..... :-)

    I know, thats the reason i was "kidding" you. :D, everybody knows that cryptic uses 0% of their employer work force to solve bugs. And they will never hire more people (because it cost money xD). But yeah, what you said its really possible.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Oh, yes. Absolutely none of the bugs have ever been squashed. Right. :rolleyes:

    What was that about "keeping it real"?

    Actually, none of the "great" bugs have been adressed. Since the day 1 they appeared. So i really dont think if you are just joking or following the lead lol. And most of the other secondary bugs are still not fixed, since YEARS ago. So again, your response was intended as a joke or you were serious??.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, this is the biggest question I have to ask: are we actually sitting here, throwing fits and declaring PWE and Cryptic are greedy [REDACTED]s because of a DOFF system? Because of the removal of the Star Clusters? Because they're a game company and they need money to keep going?

    Seriously, I've been looking at posts for the past few hours and I'm sitting here seeing people saying that they were going to quit because of the DOFF UI. The DOFF UI, people. It's a little unwieldy, yes, but the way you guys are acting, it's if opening it up causes you guys physical harm.

    Have we, as a community, fallen so hard that we have to pitch fits over the smallest things like every other game out there? I came here August 2013, just after the last Risa event and it wasn't this bad. A year later, it's like... I dunno how to describe it, but it's bad and it's embarrassing.

    I used to like coming to the forums from time to time. Not anymore. Sure, go ahead, call me out on my own ironic complaining, but at least I'm not rage quitting over a piece of code. If you guys want to quit over it, fine. Go ahead. No one's stopping you. But don't quit over something petty.

    I'm glad there are still people around here who look at this the right way....
  • vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic? Greedy??? Reaalllyyy????? I wouldn't say that, just because every single thing that comes out of development is centered around spend, spend, spend, just because glitchs are put on hold as low priority in favor of developing the next lock box with the usual 2% chance of getting anything decent from it, I wouldn't call that greedy, though, don't be surprised if season 10 adds a toll booth outside ESD to charge us zen to leave and enter the system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vhex333vhex333 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Lots of strong opinions all over the forums and people and the players do really care about the game.

    I am a game developer and have been for two decades, so sort of feel for the devs at the moment. I am also a long time player of STO. The new doff system for me will be much better with the search. I did like adding each officer myself as it felt like you were selecting a team. I preferred the pie chart but can live without it, I only really look at 'critical success'.

    Crafting, it's better. It also has the potential to be expanded.

    I won't, however insult the studio. They aren't making these decisions to infuriate the fan base.. Our money pays for their bills. I have to say that Cryptic are making steps to improve the game bit by bit and from what I see are listening to the forums. That doesn't mean to say they are sweeping through the game repairing everything.

    I want them to be as greedy as they can, as long as they look at following the collective, majority views (not catering to an individual request). The best example is the the Doff system needed filters, the players said, 'hey it needs filters' and it is coming.

    It's not perfect... But step by step the game is getting better. If possible, let's keep feeding back but try and keep it reasoned and avoiding screaming at the devs :)

    Of note, I like the new changes on the whole and will be playing today, enjoying the game.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, this is the biggest question I have to ask: are we actually sitting here, throwing fits and declaring PWE and Cryptic are greedy [REDACTED]s because of a DOFF system? Because of the removal of the Star Clusters? Because they're a game company and they need money to keep going?

    Seriously, I've been looking at posts for the past few hours and I'm sitting here seeing people saying that they were going to quit because of the DOFF UI. The DOFF UI, people. It's a little unwieldy, yes, but the way you guys are acting, it's if opening it up causes you guys physical harm.

    Have we, as a community, fallen so hard that we have to pitch fits over the smallest things like every other game out there? I came here August 2013, just after the last Risa event and it wasn't this bad. A year later, it's like... I dunno how to describe it, but it's bad and it's embarrassing.

    I used to like coming to the forums from time to time. Not anymore. Sure, go ahead, call me out on my own ironic complaining, but at least I'm not rage quitting over a piece of code. If you guys want to quit over it, fine. Go ahead. No one's stopping you. But don't quit over something petty.

    Ah. I see. You started playing a while after it went f2p. Which means you weren't around when all the feds were crying for access to a battle cloak like the romulans have, or combining that the scimitar and all romulans needed to be nerfed because they were too powerful. Oh, and let's not forget the constant whining about outfits. "My ROM can't wear this" "my reman can't wear that". Trust me, this is nothing new. Almost everything that these guys complain about is trivial and low priority, yet to them is game breaking. " oh, the game is unplayable because my characters eyes are too close together". Its too the point that I think the devs bve stopped taking any of these complaints seriously. And its a shame because there are some very valid concerns and problems listed here. But they're overshadowed by players who can't see beyond themselves.
  • kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not just a little unwieldy, it's extremely difficult to use if you have any desire to choose your own DOFF for any reason. The old system was vastly superior in every way.

    what he said :cool:
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,546 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kwyjen wrote: »
    what he said :cool:

    Can't agree with either of you there. Once you get passed the shock of falling out of your familiar grinding channel I think the system works a hell of a lot better now. Its much simpler to start an assignment, information is much more clearly presented before hand, its MUCH easier to compare missions, and between the little animations for the success levels and the larger image sizes it looks much better too.

    The only issue I've found so far is just the lack of any sort in the on-going assignments.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vhex333 wrote: »

    I won't, however insult the studio. They aren't making these decisions to infuriate the fan base.. Our money pays for their bills. I have to say that Cryptic are making steps to improve the game bit by bit and from what I see are listening to the forums. That doesn't mean to say they are sweeping through the game repairing everything.

    They are doing terrible decisions, thats all, and i dont care if you are a game devloper or watever. They dont care about anything more than profit, that is a fact like a temple. And i will not be so rude if at least, they will give us sometimes things that players actually WANT, not the opposite. And if they will invest just a little time to be worried about all the bugs this game have.

    They are doing steps to keep gaining profits, not to improve the game. Sorry but you are terrible wrong. This new UI is one of the worst things they did and is not by far the only bad deicision they made until now lol. They dont even care what player testers on tribble discovered wrong or what the player basic thinks. They just do what they want. And as i said, it will be right, if at least they will care about something else, not just $.

    Listening to the forums?? lol, dude , first they NEVER listen to the forums, the only people of cryptic that visit the forums are the mods. Second, are you new lol? this is the second big problem of cryptic, they never listen to the player base or people on the forums. If they did, this game will be 500% times better.
    vhex333 wrote: »
    I want them to be as greedy as they can, as long as they look at following the collective, majority views (not catering to an individual request). The best example is the the Doff system needed filters, the players said, 'hey it needs filters' and it is coming.


    As greedy as they can?? ow.. seriously xD. Well, if all the player base is like you, im not surprised cryptic is doing things this way.. they are in a really happy place ^^

    The doff system needed filters and it was a feature that was already developed BEFORE the new doff system came out. They just posponed it. And because its common sense, the actual doff system without that is completely useless. Its not about the poor design of the new doff system, its designed for tablets and for non brained people. They are trying to make things as easier as they can to attract more kids to the game. But in the process, they avoid practicals and useful things. They change things that doesnt need to be changed. The old doff system was 1000% times better. You could see all the assignments on the screen, you could see all your doffs at the same time, selecting the ones you want. You could see the resources you needed / have, just in case you dont consider to waste em, you cant see that in the actual system. Auto slotting feature, the worst thing ever. Who cares if a purple doff will increase my critical chance if then i have at the same time 30% of failure?? what if i just want to have success on that assignment, because it doesnt have critical possibilities just success?? And i could go on with all the fails this new system have.

    Apparently you are one of the few persons that is ok with all of this. Its really scaring...
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    7/17 - Thursday release, emergency patch
    7/18 - Friday commentary
    7/19 - Saturday nothing
    7/20 - Sunday nothing
    7/21 - Monday maybe something?
    7/22 - Tuesday maybe something?
    7/23 - Wednesday maybe something?
    7/24 - Thursday maintenance and maybe something?


    vs.

    7/22 - Tuesday release, perhaps no need for the emergency patch
    7/23 - Wednesday perhaps less commentary, because the stuff that was released Thursday in the other timeline and might have been patched through Tuesday would have already been patched
    7/24 - Thursday maintenance and any patching needed


    This is one of the reasons some of us double-dosed the Excedrin from the /facepalm with the release date...
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 8,538 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Actually, none of the "great" bugs have been adressed. Since the day 1 they appeared. So i really dont think if you are just joking or following the lead lol. And most of the other secondary bugs are still not fixed, since YEARS ago. So again, your response was intended as a joke or you were serious??.
    When was the last time you were on a ground mission and the enemies fell through the floor, leaving them able to shoot you but you unable to retaliate?

    When was the last time the game crashed routinely on warping to a new sector block?

    When was the last time all your BOff assignments vanished, leaving your bridge unmanned, every time you changed maps?

    Those, my friend, were game-breaking bugs. And they are gone. And that's just a quickie list off the top of my head - I have a high degree of confidence that if I went through just the past year's list of bug reports, I'd find the majority of them have been addressed.

    So, was your response intended as cynical (and, as David Brin has observed, lazy) humor, or were you serious?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 34,055 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    When was the last time you were on a ground mission and the enemies fell through the floor, leaving them able to shoot you but you unable to retaliate?

    When was the last time the game crashed routinely on warping to a new sector block?

    When was the last time all your BOff assignments vanished, leaving your bridge unmanned, every time you changed maps?

    Those, my friend, were game-breaking bugs. And they are gone. And that's just a quickie list off the top of my head - I have a high degree of confidence that if I went through just the past year's list of bug reports, I'd find the majority of them have been addressed.

    So, was your response intended as cynical (and, as David Brin has observed, lazy) humor, or were you serious?
    don't forget the one where Attack Pattern Beta applied it's debuff to YOU instead of your opponents! Or was that an aspect of a FaW glitch? Enh, you get the idea... the REALLY bad bugs have gotten fixed, most of the bugs people whine about incessantly are relatively minor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    don't forget the one where Attack Pattern Beta applied it's debuff to YOU instead of your opponents! Or was that an aspect of a FaW glitch? Enh, you get the idea... the REALLY bad bugs have gotten fixed, most of the bugs people whine about incessantly are relatively minor.

    I'm not sure how to reply to that in a manner that is not offensive. Perhaps one of the more diplomatic members of the forum community could do so in a way that would not quickly lead to moderator intervention...
Sign In or Register to comment.