test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    (She's a Vulcan, logically, things have changed in over 100 years, and there could be new species discovered. For all she knows they could be from a freighter that came across them, so she's getting more important information out of the way first because she knows it will take a while to get up to date on everything)

T'Lera: So who are you people? I don't recognize your species...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (yeah, she's not the only one, since i STILL don't have species names for every species i've created aside from the one reptillian species of which slaar and slaan are members of - BIG HINT THERE!)

geryon: i am captain geryon of the imperium cruiser orthrus, and this is my first officer desha *he motions to the human, who nods* and my chief medical officer milena *he indicates the female canid with gampr-like features* and the one you heard swearing up a storm in your engineering room was my chief engineer k'staad - you would not have heard of my species or my CMO's. but you obviously know humans, and possibly gorn as well? k'staad is of that species​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,152 Arc User
    Dundee: I've never heard of a Mai-tai
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    T'lera: Gorn? I think I've heard of the Gorn but I don't think we had initiated first contact with them yet, just sparse meetings with freighters who entered their space. As for humans Yes I have heard of them. I mean, I'm in Starfleet after all I feel like it would be more surprising if I hadn't. *she gestures towards the two comatose humans at the bridge stations*
  • Options
    *the vulpine mutters something under his breath that sounds suspiciously like 'barbarian' before looking up* it's an alcoholic cocktail made with rum and garnished with curaçao liqueur, orgeat syrup and lime juice​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Dundee: think they have Fosters? Or everclear?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (isn't he still blackout drunk? being an augment shouldn't mean alcohol has less effect on his body)

todd: if they don't, i'm sure the replicators do

geryon: yes, it would indeed be unusual if a starfleet officer had never even heard of humans before, let alone met one​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    T'Lera: How long will it take for my crew to recover? The... Elachi as you called them did a number on us... I think my officers survived, since you are treating them as if they were alive, but I'm wondering how grave their injuries are.
  • Options
    ( I mean it kinda does. Alcohol is a poison. Augmented liver means better filtration. Like hell Khan's blood brought Kelvin kirk back to life. So they sure as hell are something)

Dundee: Lead the way then.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *gets her ball and sends it down the lane, knocking down all but one* Grr...
    *misses her second shot*
    Oh come on! I got lifetimes of experience and I can't get one frickin' pin?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Jakara: that’s life. You could have all the experience in the world and still come up short. *shrugs*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    (don't you mean still come up taps? since in bowling, a tap is an apparent strike, but one pin is left standing)

geryon: *the sheperd-man shrugs* no clue; i'm a captain, not a doctor

milena: *overhearing geryon's remark and smirking to herself before turning to face the vulcan* it's hard to say - medical technology has advanced greatly since your time, and we can purge the elachi infection easily enough - and we SHOULD also be able to bring the crew that are in comas out of them, but healing isn't an exact science...every person is different, and they react differently to treatment

*the vulpine spy glares at dundee* nice try...YOU go first​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: yes, cause I totally know where the bars are on a planet I've never been to before this. For someone in intelligence, you're not the sharpest crayon in the box, are ya? Want me to lead you to El Dorado or the lost city of Atlantis next? Maybe even the black market, or the best italian restaurant on this planet I've never been to before.

Briana: *springs up to her feet, walking over* my turn! *picks up her ball, focusing for a moment to line up her shot and sends it down the alley, getting the first strike of the game* You see that? That's how its done!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    todd: i'll guide you, but you aren't leaving my sight

(WEEEEEEST!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Dundee: By all means.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    (you know...i'm not actually sure risa ingame even HAS a bar, does it? i know we had one here, because krystal got into a fight with the captain of the yorktown in one...but where did we stick it?

also...you notice that, no only did that vulcan captain so much as not blink once at a pair of dogpersons aboard her ship wearing unknown uniforms and badges, she didn't even blink at the mention of the destruction of romulus nor at the mention of the FORMER romulan star empire)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (There is a bar. Northern side of Risa's promenade. Where the powerboarding shop is. But outside. And there is one across the way from that on the other side of that bridge. So that's 2)
  • Options
    jakara: hmm show off.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    (oh yeah...i only ever go there to turn in birbs, so i forgot there were bartenders there

also...Lone Pin: "Can't let you do that, Krystal")​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Briana: i got a strike, that's not showing off. If I kept getting strikes, then that would be showing off *walks over to jakara, sitting on one of her legs, smirking*

Dundee: well, we headed out?
  • Options
    (so...who's going to be the one who bowls a perfect game?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Nobody since they all had bad first rounds)
  • Options
    jakara: *smiles with a chuckle* well i'll have to try harder then.
  • Options
    (don't you mean still come up taps? since in bowling, a tap is an apparent strike, but one pin is left standing)

geryon: *the sheperd-man shrugs* no clue; i'm a captain, not a doctor

milena: *overhearing geryon's remark and smirking to herself before turning to face the vulcan* it's hard to say - medical technology has advanced greatly since your time, and we can purge the elachi infection easily enough - and we SHOULD also be able to bring the crew that are in comas out of them, but healing isn't an exact science...every person is different, and they react differently to treatment

*the vulpine spy glares at dundee* nice try...YOU go first
    (you know...i'm not actually sure risa ingame even HAS a bar, does it? i know we had one here, because krystal got into a fight with the captain of the yorktown in one...but where did we stick it?

also...you notice that, no only did that vulcan captain so much as not blink once at a pair of dogpersons aboard her ship wearing unknown uniforms and badges, she didn't even blink at the mention of the destruction of romulus nor at the mention of the FORMER romulan star empire)
    (oh yeah...i only ever go there to turn in birbs, so i forgot there were bartenders there

also...Lone Pin: "Can't let you do that, Krystal")

(*furiously jabs west and rattler*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (First of all, yes there is a bar on Risa, it's over at the side area where the surfboard races start. Second of all, again, she's Vulcan the whole animal looking aliens isn't going to bother her as much as it would a human, plus she just spent atleast 10 years in prison with Elachi captors who are extremely strange looking. Also, I remember the person saying romulus was destroyed but I don't remember the mention of the former romulan empire)

T'Lera: So what has become of the Romulans? The last I heard of them was of the war decades ago in my time. You said Romulus was destroyed?
  • Options
    todd: anything to keep you from randomly murdering people...how about a mai-tai?

geryon: apparently not...turns out a federation captain saved them during the attack on iconia 200,000 year ago after the empress of the former romulan star empire...unwisely tried to kill them off in revenge for the destruction of romulus - which led directly to one of the surviving iconians swearing vengeance on the entire romulan race and led to the very destruction of romulus she was trying to prevent
    ​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (You gonna answer her question?
  • Options
    *todd directs dundee to the promenade on the eastern side of the island where the bar is located, along with the starting point of the powerboard race*

geryon: it was destroyed in 2387 - the hobus star destabilized after a romulan woman named taris fired a device containing a mix of protomatter, tekasite and decalithium into it on orders from hakeev, a colonel in the tal shiar at the time, though shortly after he became the organization's head up until his death on brea 3 in 2411, shortly after it had been discovered he had been working for the iconians for decades when he abducted a starfleet officer in orbit of the planet nopada

while hobus itself is over 100ly away from romulus, the supernova was unusual in that it grew in power as it consumed matter, likely due to the method by which it was triggered - it could easily have grown to consume the entire galaxy had it not been stopped by ambassador spock using an experimental substance to create an artificial black hole...unfortunately, not before the shockwave tore open a hole in subspace and a portion of it traveled all the way to romulus, and spock himself was believed lost after being attacked by a romulan renegade driven mad with grief, with both of their ships being pulled into the singularity

the destruction of their homeworld tore the empire apart, as they had already been facing several resistance movements not only from the remans but also d'tan's unification movement that spock had helped to start back in the mid-2360s - this same unification movement became the current romulan republic, who are allies of both the federation and klingon empires, who themselves recently made peace after yet ANOTHER war which began in 2405 and ended in 2414

(and if you're wondering how a random imperium captain knows all this, especially elements of what occurred during those missions that shouldn't be well-known...all ship captains have neural uplinks that can directly interface with their ship's library...and the information is in the library because of alex being a member of S31, so he has access to all the juicy details that someone outside the federation would not ordinarily have - nothing classified, of course; so for example, none of the imperium navy's captains know anything about mycelial tech or what happened with control in 2258 aside from alex)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*jabs thread - and rattler - with minigun*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    T'Lera: So the klingons are our allies now? That's a bit... strange... but I suppose peace was inevitable.