test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

help

darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I'm really enjoying playing a Klingon and being KDF, but I need help. I've got 2 missions I keep getting killed in, the tutorial welcoming the federation and the forcas mission to kill the romulan warbird. I seriously need help with either or both of them, either advice or actual ships.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's a bit hard to tell you what to do, not knowing what you are doing.
    For instance, have you adjusted your power levels for max weapons power and shields for second most powered?

What tactics are you using? Try hit and run. Cloak as often as you can, and decloak for greater alpha strike. Against the warbird don't get near it or it will use it's tractor beam and blow you up with it's torpedoes. Fire from afar, and if you can, target the plasma torpedoes when it fires. You can damage it with it's own torpedoes. Try focusing on a single shield facing and fire your torpedoes (preferably high yeld) after bringing a shield facing down.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A protip for the warbird, keep at 5kms or more away from it so it doesn't spam its plasma torps at you.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Scatter volley, fire at will or spread are your friends. About to be hit by a torp stream while in a warbird? No problem, just hit the plasma shockwave singualrity button. Playing Romulan is pretty much turbo easy mode in this game.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm really enjoying playing a Klingon and being KDF, but I need help. I've got 2 missions I keep getting killed in, the tutorial welcoming the federation and the forcas mission to kill the romulan warbird. I seriously need help with either or both of them, either advice or actual ships.

What is your level? What ship are you currently using?

You should have tactical team or cannon rapid fire equipped as Boff abilities.
    For the Forcas III mission I'd highly recommend having tractor beam equipped as well, get close - less than 5km behind or at the side of the warbird cloaked, uncloak and catch him with the tractor beam and plow away with CRF.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    finally beat those 2 now I'm fighting the House Targ mission to try to take out their cruisers and freighters. Dying a lot, too. I keep hitting and running trying to lead them out toward the House Martok birds of prey that are effectively useless and just sitting there
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    What is your level? What ship are you currently using?

You should have tactical team or cannon rapid fire equipped as Boff abilities.
    For the Forcas III mission I'd highly recommend having tractor beam equipped as well, get close - less than 5km behind or at the side of the warbird cloaked, uncloak and catch him with the tractor beam and plow away with CRF.

i don't have cannon rapid fire yet. I'm new, just hit lv 19 after like 5 hours of playing tonight. I'm doing the Martok vs Targ war now
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i don't have cannon rapid fire yet. I'm new, just hit lv 19 after like 5 hours of playing tonight. I'm doing the Martok vs Targ war now

If you are level 19, you should've gotten a tier 2 ship, which depending on the route you went should have access to a Lt. Tac slot (or if a Bop, it would have a Lt. Universal slot). And if you don't have the actual ability, you can easily go to Qo'nos and grab it from the BOFF trainer.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    finally beat those 2 now I'm fighting the House Targ mission to try to take out their cruisers and freighters. Dying a lot, too. I keep hitting and running trying to lead them out toward the House Martok birds of prey that are effectively useless and just sitting there

That mission is a pain...
  • Options
    edited April 2014

19? You mean 9 or 10, right?
  • Options
    krrjakrrja Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Double XP weekends make for screwed up leveling and endless problems for new players.

The mission gets easier once you understand that you can take your time, there's no rush, don't bite off more than you can chew. maneuvering your ship into a favorable attack position is key. It also gives time for your slow allies to keep up, or provides team mates for you to attack with.

Anything other than general advice will require more specifics on your part, so keep at it, once you learn the basics of piloting and fighting your ship things get easier.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    19? You mean 9 or 10, right?

It is likely double XP that is TRIBBLE him, you can't get a promotion or a new ship until after the Forcas/Martok arc regardless of level, its tied to finishing the first set of missions.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    OK, I see now. Let me try and explain:

You leveled your char. during the bonus CXP event so you're level 19, but you haven't received your Tier 2 free ship and you're still in the B'rel, right?
    Now there's really no need to panic, the thing is - getting your Tier 2 ship or any free ship onwards (at levels 20, 30 & 40) is tied to finishing the mission "Test of Mettle" during which you get your first promotion and your free Tier 2 ship. That mission comes a little bit after the missions you're playing now. You can skip those missions in order to get to that mission, claim a new ship and then replay them or you can just try and finish them in your current Tier 1 B'rel - it shouldn't be very hard.

Now that B'rel has 3 weapon slots - 2 fore and 1 aft and I highly recommend slotting 2 disruptor dual heavy cannons forward and one disruptor turret in the aft. If you don't have them, try the vendor in the shipyard on Qo'noS or the exchange, there should be some cheap ones - at level 19 you could look into using Tier IV mark equipment.
    Also, what consoles you you have slotted on your ship currently?

As for the Boff abilities, the B'rel has one of each. I'd recommend putting Cannon Rapid Fire in tactical, Tractor Beam in science and Extend Shields in engineering. You mentioned you don't have them, since you're new I assume you didn't know - you can visit the Bridge Officer trainer in the barracks on Qo'noS and have him train your Bridge Officers with those abilities. The training is cheap, for Tier 1 abilites you need it will cost 75 energy credits a piece.

The strategy is always using the cloak religiuously. :D Get close, unleash punsihment, scram and cloak again. In the house of Torg mission just cloak, get very close to the first satelite (tip: you could get around 9 km distance of the satelite, while being more than 12 km distance from the Torg ships which is beyon their range, just need to aproach smart and pay attention), then de-cloak and fire rapid fire at the satelite until it blows up. Don't worry even if the Torg ships notice you and start firing, you'll have time to use the "extend shields" for cover and blow the satelite before they do any real damage to you. When the satelite is done, hit evasive manouvers and cloak instantly.
    Then aproach the first freighter while cloaked from behind, get in close - less than 5 km so you can use the tractor beam to prevent the freighter from running away, decloak - start firing - grab him with the tractor beam - kaboom. Rinse and repeat for the second satelite and freighter.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    It is likely double XP that is TRIBBLE him, you can't get a promotion or a new ship until after the Forcas/Martok arc regardless of level, its tied to finishing the first set of missions.

Ah, I had no idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ah, I had no idea.

I'm actually having serious issues wit the Targ mission at this point.... the 2nd freighter is missing. I go into the big green circle (cloaked, of course) and end up seeing no freighter. not sure what's going on there.

My B'rel is pretty basic. I have heavy canon mark 2 and disrupter beam bank mark 4 in the front and photon torp launcher mark 4 in the aft. That's listed as an uncommon weapon and it's helped with using high yield torps. I have the monotamium mark 2 engineering console, shield emitter mark 4 science console, and disruptor induction coil mark 4 tactical console. I have common shield array 5, and no devices cuz I haven't found any yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sorry it takes me a while to reply folks, my work schedule doesn't permit me to play much during the week
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually having serious issues wit the Targ mission at this point.... the 2nd freighter is missing. I go into the big green circle (cloaked, of course) and end up seeing no freighter. not sure what's going on there.

The freighter should be there, I've done the mission many many times and I've done it recently with a new char as well. Look around, I think it's kinda' hidden (not on purpose) behind & below the big asteroid in that area.
    My B'rel is pretty basic. I have heavy canon mark 2 and disrupter beam bank mark 4 in the front and photon torp launcher mark 4 in the aft. That's listed as an uncommon weapon and it's helped with using high yield torps. I have the monotamium mark 2 engineering console, shield emitter mark 4 science console, and disruptor induction coil mark 4 tactical console. I have common shield array 5, and no devices cuz I haven't found any yet.

First, a few questions:

- Do you by any chance grab the Tier 1 B'rotlh BoP during the giveaway a while ago?
    - What is your current level?
    - If you're still level 19, how far do you have to go to get to lvl 20?

You need to improve the setup on that B'rel. Ditch the beam bank for another DHC. Ditch the aft torpedo launcher for a turret. Look around on the exchange or the vendor in the shipyard for these items. Buy acording to your level (for ex. lvl 1 to 10 is mark I & II; lvl 10 to 20 is mark III & IV; lvl 20 to 30 is mark V to VI, etc.). If you're really in a hole and don't have enoguh ECs to buy them (they're cheap so I expect you to have enough), drop me your in-game @handle here or via PM and I'll craft some and send them to you via the in-game mail.
    You're losing DPS badly the way your weapons are now, that needs to change. Train your Boffs at the Boff trainer on Qo'noS if you haven't already, the way I mentioned before - tactical -> cannon rapid fire; engineering -> emergency power to shields; science -> tractor beam.

Try this, it should work better and you're close to the "Test of mettle" mission that will allow you to get new free ships as you level up. Or as I said before, you can just skip to that mission, grab a new ship and replay these missions you're stuck on currently. But if you setup the B'rel the way I'm telling you, she should be able to do the job as well.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I hit lv 20 last night, and skipped to the next mission to get my free ship. I got the K'Tanco battle cruiser, with mark 5 disruptor beam banks in the front and a mark 4 torp and mark 2 disruptor beam array in the rear. I didn't have much to work with so I bought what I could get.

I don't know what a B'rotlh BOP is. I don't think I got it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't know what a B'rotlh BOP is. I don't think I got it.

That is a tier 1 C-store BoP, a refit of the basic B'rel. Awhile back it was given away for free for a day.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    yeah I don't have that. I did get a battleship for my free ship, but I can't get all of the bridge officer slots filled for some reason
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    yeah I don't have that. I did get a battleship for my free ship, but I can't get all of the bridge officer slots filled for some reason

Ok, you mentioned being lvl 20 - get another promotion mission and ditch the K'tanco for a more powerfull free ship aproproate for your new level - you're suposed to get one again at lvl 20 (the K'tanco is the free lvl 10 ship) - it will either be a K'tinga Battlecruiser, a Qorgh Raptor or a Norgh Bird of Prey.
    Grab a new ship and see how the Boff slots work on that one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okay I'm going to work on that now, right now I'm trying to figure out why, with 20 officer slots, I have 12 officers, and I can't assign the engineering officer I just bought
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    okay I'm going to work on that now, right now I'm trying to figure out why, with 20 officer slots, I have 12 officers, and I can't assign the engineering officer I just bought

20 Officer slots? You mean Bridge Officers? Did you buy C-Store slot expansions?
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I... have no idea what you're talking about. I had a crapload of reserve officers that didn't offer much of anything, so I "dismissed" them to make room for better officers, and I can't get my officer to accept his commission. He keeps saying there's no room for new bridge officers, and I've got one empty engineering slot on my battlecruiser.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice the other posts.

The reason why you cannot get another BOFF is because you probably don't have the free slots for it in your big BOFF list.

On the right side you have noncommissioned officers. Those are basically the 'Klingon Tactical Bridge Officer Candidate', and you can have a limited number at a time (that never goes up). On the left side are commissioned BOFFs, which do have names. If you can get another BOFF, there would basically be a slot open for you saying so, otherwise it is just blank space if you are full.

That is why you cannot commission another BOFF, despite having a slot open on your ship, your big list of BOFFs is full-up.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    even though I just dismissed a crapload of reserve officers?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    The freighter should be there, I've done the mission many many times and I've done it recently with a new char as well. Look around, I think it's kinda' hidden (not on purpose) behind & below the big asteroid in that area.

First, a few questions:

- Do you by any chance grab the Tier 1 B'rotlh BoP during the giveaway a while ago?
    - What is your current level?
    - If you're still level 19, how far do you have to go to get to lvl 20?

You need to improve the setup on that B'rel. Ditch the beam bank for another DHC. Ditch the aft torpedo launcher for a turret. Look around on the exchange or the vendor in the shipyard for these items. Buy acording to your level (for ex. lvl 1 to 10 is mark I & II; lvl 10 to 20 is mark III & IV; lvl 20 to 30 is mark V to VI, etc.). If you're really in a hole and don't have enoguh ECs to buy them (they're cheap so I expect you to have enough), drop me your in-game @handle here or via PM and I'll craft some and send them to you via the in-game mail.
    You're losing DPS badly the way your weapons are now, that needs to change. Train your Boffs at the Boff trainer on Qo'noS if you haven't already, the way I mentioned before - tactical -> cannon rapid fire; engineering -> emergency power to shields; science -> tractor beam.

Try this, it should work better and you're close to the "Test of mettle" mission that will allow you to get new free ships as you level up. Or as I said before, you can just skip to that mission, grab a new ship and replay these missions you're stuck on currently. But if you setup the B'rel the way I'm telling you, she should be able to do the job as well.

my ingame @handle is @darthkuriboh
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    even though I just dismissed a crapload of reserve officers?

Correct. It doesn't matter that you dismissed a bunch of reserve officers. What matters if you have spaces open on the left side, where you have your named BOFFs.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Correct. It doesn't matter that you dismissed a bunch of reserve officers. What matters if you have spaces open on the left side, where you have your named BOFFs.

This screenshot may help you

On the left hand side, highlighted in blue in the screenshot are your commissioned bridge officers. These can be used to man your ships bridge stations. If you have free slots (I don't in the screenshot) it will say empty instead of a name.

On the right are your bridge officer candidates, highlighted blue in the screenshot. They are officers who want to join your ship but you have yet to commission. You have to click on them and click join up before you can use them on your ship. When you do they will move over from the right hand side pane to the left and become a commissioned bridge officer (see first paragraph)
    You can only have a certain amount of these as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    This screenshot may help you

On the left hand side, highlighted in blue in the screenshot are your commissioned bridge officers. These can be used to man your ships bridge stations. If you have free slots (I don't in the screenshot) it will say empty instead of a name.

On the right are your bridge officer candidates, highlighted blue in the screenshot. They are officers who want to join your ship but you have yet to commission. You have to click on them and click join up before you can use them on your ship. When you do they will move over from the right hand side pane to the left and become a commissioned bridge officer (see first paragraph)
    You can only have a certain amount of these as well.

okay so when I pull up my info, I have one empty slot for Ensign Engineering. I can't get one to sign up tho
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If you haven't got an engineering officer you can buy one from either the exchange (make sure you get a KDF officer not a Federation one) or from V'Qular in the barracks on First City.