Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Options

Comments

• zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Options
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    Do you really believe this story of a culprit?

The only thing that comes in mind is how the people involved in creating this lie for their customers will put this in the future in their resumes when that company ends.
    Do you have a better explanation (one more nuanced than "PWI is greedy")?

I'm not saying I specifically believe or disbelieve that a compromise occurred, but that's why we need more information. I will say that if there was some kind of a breach, it would be just like PWE to take advantage of that to crack down on legitimate non-Arc use.

And unfortunately for Kalyst, the longer she and the staff wait, the more explosive the immediate response to her next post will be. This is the same trap frankieraye always fell into, and around here, you don't want to be compared to frankieraye (although the irony is that frankie comes off as much more reasonable in that repost from 7 years ago than any of the staff do today).

I no need think in a better excuse to no believe in all words about this 'culprit'. Think about it is start with conspiration theory and make more noise in foruns. What need is Kalist or any other pwi staff come to their customers and clear all doubts.

All other game publisher use a similar app like Arc. They want implement it but fail miserabilly for reason we know. Force it with some kind of bs sound typical for this company, like they did before destroying each aspect of game, no?
  • zeevhaora
    Options

The only thing that comes in mind is how the people involved in creating this lie for their customers will put this in the future in their resumes when that company ends.

I'm not saying I specifically believe or disbelieve that a compromise occurred, but that's why we need more information. I will say that if there was some kind of a breach, it would be just like PWE to take advantage of that to crack down on legitimate non-Arc use.

And unfortunately for Kalyst, the longer she and the staff wait, the more explosive the immediate response to her next post will be. This is the same trap frankieraye always fell into, and around here, you don't want to be compared to frankieraye (although the irony is that frankie comes off as much more reasonable in that repost from 7 years ago than any of the staff do today).

We no need add more noise in foruns with conspiration theories because no believe in this 'culprit' story. Kalyst or any other pwi staff need come to their customers and clear all about it.
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    A related issue with coin flux in game is inflation. Would be easy to fix it if pwi implement only a new tab in boutique allow people buy items there using coins. Since 4 million coins is cap to gold, just fix coin price itens for it as multiple for gold price.

And then done with a good coin sink. What hard or bad would be it?
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I don't think the botting problem would ever easily be solved, in regard to low end Bh100 instances whats gonna stop players from doing 8x100 on both accounts or more just for the coin reward But whatever steps are being taken to crub the problem I just hope the F2P players don't have to feel the side effects of it like they've always done.
    Yes, ofc. What reason to players exploit that exp pill in past? Enjoy pwi with another class? =D
    In all seriousness, that was the only reason I ever used the lv100 pills (my last pair was used on a psychic and a seeker - the only two non-nightshade classes I didn't have at lv100 yet).

But more importantly (answering both of you here), people would still have to do BH (or some other quest consuming a decent amount of time) on each of these characters to get the coin rewards. It's not something you could run a bot for like some people do with Jones. And hell, if you've got 8 characters to support, maybe you do need a mil for each of them. But the point is, you worked for that coin, you didn't just get it for logging in or going afk.
    People cant play in a multiclient anymore.
    Factions look now for low level toons as useless.
    Less factions acepting low lvl toons.
    Less people start to play pwi.
    Old pwi players still remain more cause friends and a feeling about no abandon their toons after all time and money invested, but each new thing cause more debanding.

Think all this ideas nice, but came late.
    You know multi-clienting has been stated to come back, right? It's one of the few things that Kalyst has been pretty clear on. The bases are still a huge problem, definitely, but... I mean, where are you going with this? Yes, there are problems. Heero suggested we discuss solutions to one of them. If you're of the opinion that it's too late to discuss solutions, then you're not alone... it's just that most of those people already left.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    the good old days of doing instances/BHs with ungeared/unskilled alts expecting a tank to tank that couldn't and a healer to heal but said they couldn't

But on a more important note it would been nice if we hear something official from the higher ups in charge. I'm begining to think they've all jumped ship leaving us behind on a sinking boat
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    I was absent from pwi for whole 2017 and return 2 weeks before expansion.

Really love this game, but play in my playstyle, mostly alone or helping noobs, more in pve than pvp (xTW give me only 18000 useless dragoncoins in inventory) and refuse to install ARC. I can get fun in other games, even pwi still is my 1st one.

I wish return to game, even to one xTW faction in my server, was talking seriously with friends from one about join before of "emergency maint" and charge eventually to improve a bit more my main, or even one of other my 23 toons after get fun in improve one of them. But forced to use a party app? No, thanks.
  • greenfire312
    Options
    the good old days of doing instances/BHs with ungeared/unskilled alts expecting a tank to tank that couldn't and a healer to heal but said they couldn't
    How is that the good old days? You see, in the brave new world of 2018 we call the bolded portion "Violet Dance." :tongue:

(In all seriousness I do get what you were going for, but you left out the biggest thing people forgot from those days, which is DD aggro moderation)
    Etherblade server
  • zeevhaora
    Options
    Aggro moderation... pff barb problems. :*<3
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    thats why I used to enjoy playing as a Mystic back then I got my own heals and pre-res lol

Maybe depending on the outcome of all this banter I'll return and build back one it's truly been the only class I have a soft spot for.
  • greenfire312
    Options
    Aggro moderation... pff barb problems. :*<3
    They have medicine for that now. And by "medicine" I of course mean "Argent Glyphed Raging Slap." :mrgreen:
    thats why I used to enjoy playing as a Mystic back then I got my own heals and pre-res lol

Maybe depending on the outcome of all this banter I'll return and build back one it's truly been the only class I have a soft spot for.
    If it helps in your decision, res buff is about 1000% more useful than it was a couple months ago, what with the "you have to res in FSP now" thing. I've been told that you can actually lose exp in there, now.

(But we're getting increasingly off-topic...)
    Etherblade server
  • sirrusty
    sirrusty Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    I wonder how many peeps they lost with that moronic "Arc Defender" A frend of mine who has been playing for About 6-8 years has replaced her pc couple times Now she has to put in arc code from an E-mail account she no longer has. So she said F*** it. Seems about a loss of about 20-30% of players
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    sirrusty wrote: »
    I wonder how many peeps they lost with that moronic "Arc Defender" A frend of mine who has been playing for About 6-8 years has replaced her pc couple times Now she has to put in arc code from an E-mail account she no longer has. So she said F*** it. Seems about a loss of about 20-30% of players

Yup unfortunately this is true through they've suggested you can send in a ticket to support I'm not sure that's going to be of much help in situations like this , but I'm crossing my fingers as we're expecting to hear some official news on the matter this week
  • opshrooms#2772
    opshrooms#2772 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    After such changes,they sit tight,tell nothing,ease no tensions........while monitoring numbers online and calculating the loss of online players.....sadly they still have this hardcore base of people wanting.......if 30% leave its a good thing......these who left finally broke thier dependence on this game......the rest just stagnate in the known......awaiting the eventual outcome,while trying to hold on to relationships established through years of game play...thats the facts of PWI decision.....ohhhh im so looking forward to this official post *this week* and the cocked up story behind it.

I personally have chose to not play...to not log...to not add to the people who accept this BS category.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Okay okay wait a minute somebody stop the train first we couldn't get any news or resolutions because of the Chinese New Year's Celebrations now it's the Spring Festival better known as the before mentioned that could last up to 23 days <_< (thank you Google)
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Okay okay wait a minute somebody stop the train first we couldn't get any news or resolutions because of the Chinese New Year's Celebrations now it's the Spring Festival better known as the before mentioned that could last up to 23 days <_< (thank you Google)
    I was under the impression that this was the same thing, given that the Chinese New Year is ahead of ours.

Doesn't excuse what PWE staff are doing, but still.
    Etherblade server
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My bigger concern now is : Extendend Holiday + Unknown time to resolve issues & make sure they're working = would we still have that much of an active player base left?
  • sinfarmer1#4484
    sinfarmer1#4484 Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @mistressani active is a bit of understatement. D
    if it takes you an hour to fill aeux10 squad.....GG.
    also i thought u quitting ?
    I FINISHED THE BASIC STORYLINE FOR MHWORLD. AND THIS SHENANIGANS STILL IS NOT FINISHED. I THINK I CAN GET ALL WEAPONS ON THAT GAME AND ALL THIS PWI BS STILL NOT DONE.
    HOLIDAY MY BUTT.... FOR A SLAVE FRIENDLY COUNTRY WITH CHEAP LABOR. CHINA DOES GOOD JOB GETTING ONLY 5 HOLIDAYS IN A YEAR AND 2 WEEK LONG CHINESE NEW YEAR AND SPRING FESTIVAL.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @mistressani active is a bit of understatement. D
    if it takes you an hour to fill aeux10 squad.....GG.
    also i thought u quitting ?
    I FINISHED THE BASIC STORYLINE FOR MHWORLD. AND THIS SHENANIGANS STILL IS NOT FINISHED. I THINK I CAN GET ALL WEAPONS ON THAT GAME AND ALL THIS PWI BS STILL NOT DONE.
    HOLIDAY MY BUTT.... FOR A SLAVE FRIENDLY COUNTRY WITH CHEAP LABOR. CHINA DOES GOOD JOB GETTING ONLY 5 HOLIDAYS IN A YEAR AND 2 WEEK LONG CHINESE NEW YEAR AND SPRING FESTIVAL.

I actually stop playing a little few days ago but was hoping things got better because like most of the players I too really do like this game

Oh well I guess the wise old man was right when he once said " The best expectation to have is expect nothing"
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    Options

We no need add more noise in foruns with conspiration theories because no believe in this 'culprit' story. Kalyst or any other pwi staff need come to their customers and clear all about it.

Sorry but I'm inclined to agree.

You really going to tell me it takes months to see any fixes or changes to pwi, even correcting simple text errors...

But they can recode arc to limit use and get pwcn or whoever to make the pwi client play nice with it overnight? AND their other games?

Nah this was not an emergency thing. *If* there is a culprit that, for example, got ahold of our logins, disabling multiclienting is not the way to stop it or even slow it down. They would have just issued a warning to reset passwords and be done with it. This was planned for a long time.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm begining to think this was more of a "grand purge" of it's player base rather than an "emergency" owing to the fact it's taking so long to be "resolved " and such little " transparency " has been offered on the matter for knowledge sake. Even if my theory is wrong it sure hasn't done much for Game's/Company's image. The players do have a right to some level of information for actions taken that affect them this way.

I no longer just want the matter rectified but also want information about what caused it in the first place. Up to this point no one of behalf of PWI has stepped up to clarify the level of the "emergency" so far all you've done is "damage control"

The "urgent" forcing of ARC to login in feels like you've just thrown us into a giant zip lock bag without saying what you're trying to "protect" us from.
  • greenfire312
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm begining to think this was more of a "grand purge" of it's player base rather than an "emergency" owing to the fact it's taking so long to be "resolved " and such little " transparency " has been offered on the matter for knowledge sake. Even if my theory is wrong it sure hasn't done much for Game's/Company's image. The players do have a right to some level of information for actions taken that affect them this way.

I no longer just want the matter rectified but also want information about what caused it in the first place.
    Sorry but I'm inclined to agree.

You really going to tell me it takes months to see any fixes or changes to pwi, even correcting simple text errors...

But they can recode arc to limit use and get pwcn or whoever to make the pwi client play nice with it overnight? AND their other games?

Nah this was not an emergency thing. *If* there is a culprit that, for example, got ahold of our logins, disabling multiclienting is not the way to stop it or even slow it down. They would have just issued a warning to reset passwords and be done with it. This was planned for a long time.
    What you have to understand is that PWE has only a few specific things they can do or "fix" on their end, most of them relating to their website, the servers on this side of the pond, and, indeed, Arc. It's basically like having a set of light switches that just do pre-determined things based on Arc's and the client's code. So this time, the change they made was basically equivalent to flipping one of those switches on the login server(s) to require whatever additional data Arc passes through to it. In other words, that functionality was always there. They just chose not to use it until now (for which, presumably, we are expected to be grateful).

Modifying anything in the client, on the other hand, does require the efforts of the CN dev team. Modifying the Arc program itself (for example, to be intelligent enough to pass force-log and multiboxing commands to the client) would also require significant code changes from its current form, which would need to be accomplished by PWE's in-house coders (if they have any) or (my personal theory) a third party whom they contract with for Arc. Either way, it's not an immediate process and not at all equivalent to how they disabled non-Arc logins.

The flip side of this, of course, is that they could easily bring non-Arc logins back if they chose to. Which brings us to this sudden information vacuum and loss of credibility.

Was there a culprit? Well I, like most of you, would love more information on that. But consider: to assume that there is a culprit, and that they did perform a breach of some kind, doesn't invalidate the theory that PWE's not being straight with us on why they disabled non-Arc logins. What I mean to say is, I don't think this change was "planned for a long time" so much as "waiting in the wings for a convenient scapegoat to come along." Probably because they thought community outcry would be minimized if there was at least the appearance of a valid reason to do it (good job on that by the way, PWE, we can see that's worked out very well for you). But none of this means that they invented a culprit out of whole cloth.

And come on, there's no logical reason to deliberately initiate a "grand purge" of PWI's player base, for the same reason that one doesn't cut off their other leg for funsies immediately after losing the first one. :tongue:
    Etherblade server
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    In response all I say to you my good sir and your wall of text is - Trust is earned not blindly given same goes for support in this day and age...and once it has weakened/broken it's even harder to fortify
  • anbello
    anbello Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Good afternoon!

I have a very serious question (not a complaint, unlike most people). I have accidentally found a way to multi-client in one PC WITHOUT bypassing arc authentication.
    If I were to use it with a maximum of 2 accounts in my PC, would it be against the rules/bannable offense?
    I am not willing to share this information, at least until someone from the game itself is able to tell me if it's OK.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    anbello wrote: »
    Good afternoon!

I have a very serious question (not a complaint, unlike most people). I have accidentally found a way to multi-client in one PC WITHOUT bypassing arc authentication.
    If I were to use it with a maximum of 2 accounts in my PC, would it be against the rules/bannable offense?
    I am not willing to share this information, at least until someone from the game itself is able to tell me if it's OK.

Your able to have 2 accounts online at any one time. As long as you don't edit any game files or use any program that changes the normal running of arc or PWI I have no reason to say it's bannable.

I can pm u if you like?

Thanks.
  • anbello
    anbello Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Your able to have 2 accounts online at any one time. As long as you don't edit any game files or use any program that changes the normal running of arc or PWI I have no reason to say it's bannable.

I can pm u if you like?

Thanks.

Thank you for your quick reply! That gives me a really big peace of mind!
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
  • greenfire312
    Options
    In response all I say to you my good sir and your wall of text is - Trust is earned not blindly given same goes for support in this day and age...and once it has weakened/broken it's even harder to fortify
    I'm not asking you to trust them (I sure as hell don't). Most of us play PWI in only a limited state of trust with PWE anyway (particularly long-time players).

I am asking everyone to understand what PWE is and is not capable of, and base your complaints accordingly (which was more directed to armoftheland than to you in my last post). I am also asking that we exercise some critical thinking and assume that PWE would not deliberately "purge" its player base for no reason (as this is the same school of thought that produces the phrase "money hungry GMs").
    Etherblade server
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    I'm not asking you to trust them (I sure as hell don't). Most of us play PWI in only a limited state of trust with PWE anyway (particularly long-time players).

I am asking everyone to understand what PWE is and is not capable of, and base your complaints accordingly (which was more directed to armoftheland than to you in my last post). I am also asking that we exercise some critical thinking and assume that PWE would not deliberately "purge" its player base for no reason (as this is the same school of thought that produces the phrase "money hungry GMs").

I know this is not what people wanna hear.

But their is no reason that PWE would do as much damage as they have with out reason. That I agree with.​​
  • armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Options
    there's no logical reason to deliberately initiate a "grand purge" of PWI's player base

I think that's debatable. I'm not really in favor of circulating conspiracy theories, but I would bet there ARE reasons why a company would want to trim their customer base. Another very well known company was sued for shutting down servers "too early" for several games just a few years ago. So I could imagine a circumstance in which the game was failing to make ends meet and the publisher was required to hit a certain number or requirement or negative before they were permitted to flip the switch. And you can't tell me this is not a possibility for PWI or something that isn't assessed when other games are being taken down by PWE.

Lets see
    -server merges
    -huge increase in enforcement against purchased and/or shared accounts (to ensure new/returning players spend $)
    -increases in $ price for large ticket items to the tune of 33%
    -promotions that encourage spending of real life $, but also increase in cost for those promotions (encourages big spending or none)
    -extreme cut backs or removal of promotions for products that don't generate profits (spend rewards)
    -bans for farming free sources of $ such as zen quests offered through arc
    -bans for multiclienting and enforcement against excess accounts which if left could make f2p farming barely manageable
    -indirect influences on the game economy that forces customers to spend real life $
    such as:
    -cash shop currencies unobtainable through in game means forcing customers to spend $ if they want items
    -items worth large amounts of in game currency purchasable only through real life $
    -removal or extreme nerfing of all in-game currency sources such as mob drops, DQ, BH, quest rewards etc.
    -removal of sources of f2p profit such as unbound items, farmable items, quest rewards etc.
    -removal of in-game sources for progression items (forcing players to buy with $ instead of playing the game)

At this point I simply cannot imagine how any of these decisions (and certainly not added all together) were made with the intention of investing in or growing a FREE TO PLAY game or even maintaining it. The changes have turned all but the most invested or hardest cashers away. Soon well be left with like 6 Neuma Portal characters arguing from safe zone, and Joe.

Again, this is an assumption with literally no substance and its my own opinion only. But with the lack of information we are provided, my imagination is free to run wild.​​
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What's even more peeving is here we are compling a list of bugs and issues which gets longer by the day yet the main red flag issue hasn't been resolved, if we're waiting so long to see an issue labelled as an "emergency" to be handled, one has to wonder how long minor issues would take to be solved ,meanwhile the player base is decilinging as time goes by without even a proper statement.

Maybe players would be a little more understanding and more willingly to stick around if a little time be taken to provide some offical information.

Loggically speaking anyone would want to know why their state/country was thrown into a state of emergency in real life and be more accepting of the proceedures taken likewise same goes for PWI, also while we're waiting for the matter to be handled by the company we too could take steps on our end to help protect ourselves as much as we can. But unless the true gravity of the situation is conveyed to us we're just left in the dark.This isn't a very nice feeling.