PWI PvP Tournament [Now with sign-up dates in red]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Oh please sparkie, change the time. That's too early, or make it in Saturday.
    I guess this will forever be a problem with a GM-run event. It has to be during their work hours, which of course are our work hours as well meaning many of us can't be playing. And that means no weekends, too.

Please at least put it at like 3-4PM. That's fractionally more reasonable. You could make it different days for different servers if times collide.

The 28th of June is a Saturday. He's coming to work on the weekend along with another GM for this.
    - The event will start on the 28th of June

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The 28th of June is a Saturday. He's coming to work on the weekend along with another GM for this.

As Venus has said, this is on a Saturday. I'll be coming in on my off time, along with DoD to run this event.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    As Venus has said, this is on a Saturday. I'll be coming in on my off time, along with DoD to run this event.

Thanks a lot sparkie, you are awesome.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options

Tell DoD that just for this event he should rename his character DefenderofDeath and run around in a black hood. If someone is disqualified, he should yell "GET OVER HERE!," reel them in, and then send them off to the island of misfortune.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Tell DoD that just for this event he should rename his character DefenderofDeath and run around in a black hood. If someone is disqualified, he should yell "GET OVER HERE!," reel them in, and then send them off to the island of misfortune.

I fully support this.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

b:laughb:laughb:laugh good one.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Ah, my apologies. When the date was first posted I must have misread because I thought it was on a Friday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ah, my apologies. When the date was first posted I must have misread because I thought it was on a Friday.

No problem. I've also started in-game announcements on both RT and Arch, so if you guys don't see them (should be every two hours), let me know.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    believe it or not I'm more interested in my Avatar on the forums being fixed and silver charms restored in the Event Boutique rather than a Tournament. :( ...

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/gifs4pwi/media/mfwcharms_zps567b33de.gif.html?t=1402711361
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options

This sounds like a very good idea.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I tried to scan this thread quickly, was there a time posted for the Lost City 5v5?
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I tried to scan this thread quickly, was there a time posted for the Lost City 5v5?

There wasn't one, it was only for Archosaur and Raging Tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    At the moment only RT and Arch have hosted the event - as Sparkie is pretty much doing this event with just his team, they can only host two at a time. Sign ups for Arch/RT were on a Monday at 12pm, but they'll announce that after posting the next two servers b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    wooooot This Just Shows How Unbalanced The Game Is Now, But The Fact Is Once You Stop People From Using Things Like Charms Or Pots Which They Use For There Combos You Take Away The Very Things That Makes The Fighting Fun. I Know For A Fact I Must Have A Charm To Tank Certain Class' And Then Have My Rebound To Kill Them.

In All Honesty Trying To Make A Event Is Nice But This Event Will Not Work Out Because As I See You Already Are Responding To The Qq Of People Not Wanting Cards To Be Used When They Them Self Are A Part Of This Game. Pretty Much Everyone Will Know Who Will Win The Event There Will Be No Question. For Example Choasbeibei Vs 16 People One At A Time That Is Good Game.

I Will Be Very Sad With This Decision If I See 250 Dollars Of Zehn Thrown Out To A Player That Is Op As Hell.

Make A Trivia Event With 16 People And You A Random Name Picker Out Of All The People That Sign Up.

But Seriously For The Love Of God Dont Give 250 Dollars Of Gold To A Player

Nuu Uh Syntheros's Ego Will Defeat Hem!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In response to the person that's being quoted above me, there was a team on Archosaur that even my team thought had a really good chance of winning due to the classes they brought, and in particular a certain person who's well known for having dropped a lot of money into the game.

We crushed them.

At the level of gear the people in the tournament have, it's more about gear. Especially since it's a group fight, and not just 1v1. The difference in gear matters less and the skill of the player and their teamwork matter more.

On a side note, I'm enjoying the 50 gold I got, thtanks Sparkie b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    In response to the person that's being quoted above me, there was a team on Archosaur that even my team thought had a really good chance of winning due to the classes they brought, and in particular a certain person who's well known for having dropped a lot of money into the game.

We crushed them.

At the level of gear the people in the tournament have, it's more about gear. Especially since it's a group fight, and not just 1v1. The difference in gear matters less and the skill of the player and their teamwork matter more.

On a side note, I'm enjoying the 50 gold I got, thtanks Sparkie b:cute

that covered at least your restating vit for tourny :D that is imo pretty clever but also broken

endgame support classes on vit build, with the huge pool of attributes they can dispose, become pretty much unkillable and they are a massive added value in micro-mass pvp scenarios

put 1 endgame vit veno 1 endgame vit cleric 1 endgame vit bm + 2 DDs and its win win b:victory

besides the fact that also 2 endgame vit barbs on full buffs + psy buffs cant get killed in 5v5, prolly not even in 5v1... charm **** doe
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    EU tournament rules

http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?p=1042232#post1042232

1on1, uncharmed, full buffs, everything allowed

i expect lowest attendance ever

mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    EU tournament rules

http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?p=1042232#post1042232

1on1, uncharmed, full buffs, everything allowed

i expect lowest attendance ever

I surely will be there.

The problem I see will be that even I won't have any chance against Venos/clerics/Mysts and Wizards if they are just sitting it out with their healing abilities. The fact that I just know 4 players on the whole server capable of doing so and realizing this will eventually lead to alot of fun. Any other class is at a huge disadvantage against barbs. Well it's not really well thought-out...but hey...guess I know whos gonna win in the end xD Not me...cept if I would have an extremely lucky hand on purges...which I doubt cuz I never get lucky at all. But oh well, I'll surely try.

When push comes to shove I would bet on Zoldi (if he would participate) to win. His Absorb soul is strong enough to 1-shot (or rather charm-bypass) any other caster on our server in combo with thicket...plus mysts are broken in terms of self heal. But without Zoldi I would bet on Hot or AlbDruid to win. Tending more to alb cuz of the healing absorbtion.

Actually...we don't even have to roll this tournament. The only ones being capable of killing said casters are sins. It's so obvious who has clealy the better cards when fighting against each other. I bet it will alrdy be crystal clear who wins when the first matches will be announced even before the tournament has even started...that shouldn't be the case. I would need to be real PK.

The thing I dont see is to why we don't just spawn anyone in a random ini like a slightly modified warsong to fight or the arena. Shouldn't be that hard to manage.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Options
    that covered at least your restating vit for tourny :D that is imo pretty clever but also broken

endgame support classes on vit build, with the huge pool of attributes they can dispose, become pretty much unkillable and they are a massive added value in micro-mass pvp scenarios

put 1 endgame vit veno 1 endgame vit cleric 1 endgame vit bm + 2 DDs and its win win b:victory

besides the fact that also 2 endgame vit barbs on full buffs + psy buffs cant get killed in 5v5, prolly not even in 5v1... charm **** doe

I didn't restat for the tournament, that's my normal HP with 3 base Vit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We tried to make him take one for the team and restat, but he wouldn't! b:surrender
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We tried to make him take one for the team and restat, but he wouldn't! b:surrender

Hey man, if you want me to do something that aids other people, you better pay for it b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    LOL at EU server 1v1 event... If you have ANY decent Mystic there, it's insta-win on their side...

Just AD + Absorb Soul, kill anything uncharmed xD ANd they can virtually do ANYTHING because you can bypass IG, AD or any immunity with that broken duel skill...

Ad + Absorb, run, anti-stun-IG + Absorb, run, repeat... kill any class? THat's being completly unskilled as a Mystic... cant imagine if the Mystic actually has some skill to CC a bit and so on...

Oh well, Gl there Hot xD Your only chance is ZTP and throwing a fast combo before Mystics can do anything xDD Rely on low ping and pray