Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!

Options

Comments

• andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No, allclass pets definitely don't need feeding. Wouldn't matter anyway. Feeding provides pets with bonus attack power and exp rate, which allclass pets don't have.
    And if your pet falls behind, it'll teleport to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    andracil wrote: »
    No, allclass pets definitely don't need feeding. Wouldn't matter anyway. Feeding provides pets with bonus attack power and exp rate, which allclass pets don't have.
    And if your pet falls behind, it'll teleport to you.

thx for your answer.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    CLASS RELATED

How do I get a pet?

If you're not a Veno, you can get all-class pets. They can't assist you in combat, but they don't need feeding either.

QUOTE]

Everybody I ask, they tell me I have to feed my all class pet.

can somebody confirm this?

I called my pet last night and I noticed he stayed behind in the same spot while I was walking (I think he would eventually follow me), I wonder if I could lose it in such a situation?

When and how can you do this?Thanks
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Note the complete answer:

How do I get a pet?
    -Venomancers can get pets that assist in combat. To do so, they have to learn the Tame Beast skill, learnable at level 7. If you're playing a Venomancer, you can click on a monster, then look next to its HP bar. If it has a little "tamable" icon, you can tame it, unless the icon is red, then your lvl is too low. It helps to lower the monster's health before attempting to tame it. When the taming is successful, they get an Egg of the monster. The Pet skill trainer or Pet manager can hatch that, placing the pet in your Pet Bag (press P).
    If you're not a Veno, you can get all-class pets. These pets are made by combining various pet eggs at Mrs Zoologist in the southeast part of Archosaur. They can't assist you in combat, but they don't need feeding either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nadirah - Lost City
    Nadirah - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    MONEY, TRADING AND THE BOUTIQUE

How do I set up a Cat Shop/Consignment shop?
    -Press E to open your emote window, then look under trade. There should be a Consignment Shop button there to set one up.

Now I know how to set up shop but how do I look at other people's shops?
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Click them twice as if you wanted to attack them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sgal - Lost City
    Sgal - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    "Information on Gold Trading coming soon."

Would love more reliable walk thru on how this system works. When might we expect an addendum?
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me Sgal, I'll try to get it up soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onn
    onn Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks anyway b:kiss
  • blackhounddog
    blackhounddog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    To whom it may concern,

My character has completed the quest for Spiritual Cultivation-Aware of Harmony but did not get it. Someone said my reputation was too low but i don't see anything in your instructions that says i have to have a certain amount of Reputation points for this. How do i correct this as now i am a level 32.

sincerely
    b:cry
  • fieryrezolve
    fieryrezolve Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    nice guide, really helpful
  • Anjenica - Sanctuary
    Anjenica - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Question about catshops - do they stay around when you're offline?
    Or only exist while you're online?

Also - regarding inventory/pet expansion errands - is there a way to cancel the quest to pick up the non-boutique shop version of the quest? On my venomancer I just clicked the cage option before learning about any of it - but I'd rather just farm the hay instead and can't seem to find a way to cancel the quest.
    [Sanctuary]
    Anjenica - Venomancer
    Caeldan - Blademaster
    Caeldir - Wizard
  • andracil
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your catshop disappears when you log off. If you want to sell stuff while offline, use an auctioneer ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _kaien_ - Heavens Tear
    _kaien_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Guess I'm switiching servers, I currently play on a pvp server and when I hit 30 I dont really want to have to deal with attacks all the time. Unless I have misunderstood the meaning of what was said.
  • valkyry
    valkyry Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    dienasty wrote: »
    I didn't start playing yet because I don't know what race to pick.

I know it said to your own liking but I don't know of the the race that does. Is there a class where its cheap, high damage, but also fun to play?

I was thinking of the archer since it could fly but I don't know how good of a advantage that is. So, can anyone help me out a bit?

My character is a Venomancer (lvl 27). I really like this type because I love having a pet. I don't care if I have to feed him or not. They are great in battle. Sometimes you can let the pet do all the work or you can battle two beasts at once. From a different aspect. I like that the Venomancer has little bat wings on their head and I was able to pick purple-colored skin. Kinda made me stand out from the rest.

I have read a lot of good info here. It's nice that we have somewhere to go for answers. However, the only thing I haven't seen is an explanation about the items in the Boutique. There are prices in gold and silver.........I don't understand this. Is this coins from the game or what?
  • Glenglorian - Dreamweaver
    Glenglorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I just started the game after seeing an ad....nice, addictive little game!
    Thank you for posting this guide, there's some good information here...

Now, for the embarrassing question....
    Is constantly left-clicking on the terrain, or clicking on the mini-map the only way to move my character with a mouse-button?
    In other MMO's one can hold down both buttons to keep moving, was just wondering...

Also, if I run out of mana while flying, does my character die?

Thank you for the answer, and again, great guide!
  • andracil
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah, that's the only way to move like that.
    And no, you won't die, you'll just fall to the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Glenglorian - Dreamweaver
    Glenglorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Yeah, that's the only way to move like that.
    And no, you won't die, you'll just fall to the ground.

Ahh, well, the game is still too fun to give up over a constant left-clicking :P
    And sure is nice to know about falling, but not dying....
    I had to search that tree 3 times before I was able to get the stuff from the chest, because I flew back down when it looked like I was running out of mana :P

Thank you for your prompt reply, much appreciated! :)

EDIT: P.S. Is there an "Ignore" feature in these forums? So we can put certain posters on ignore, if we so choose? Thanks!!
  • kitkate16
    kitkate16 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know it seems like a dumb question, but how do you feed your pet?
  • andracil
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just rightclick the food as you would any item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llane
    llane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle Please help with this ? because I really want to play.
  • Xin_tian - Lost City
    Xin_tian - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Great faq; it's helped me consistently throughout the few months I've been playing this game.

If I could just make one suggestion for something to add in the "trading" section of this. I was at an utter loss as to how to trade only a few from a numbered item.

Example: I wanted to give someone 10 concentrated glues and had 14. I put the 14 in the trade screen and couldn't figure out how to reduce the number.

I recently learned, after searching the forums for a bit, that holding alt when dragging the item opens the number dialog box.
  • arturitoburrito
    arturitoburrito Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ok i skimmed the index of FAQ and i didn't see anything like my question so here goes.

If you choose a server when i create my character am i stuck to that server for ever or can i log into any i choose? A lot of mmos are like this so maybe you add it to the FAQ for people who are new to PW and not mmos.

edit: wow its the question right before mine *face palm*
  • simona29
    simona29 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Does anyone know if this game has slash commands? like /who and such. How can I find someone that is a level 100 Cleric in game for example to ask them questions or find out their location?
  • onikenshin
    onikenshin Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    ooh!! how do i make the chinese error thing stop happening when i try to make the game start }:D I AM EVIL!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
  • Spellmadness - Sanctuary
    Spellmadness - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is it possible for a player to 'hitch a ride' on another player's mount?

I've seen some posts referring to players giving a ride to other players and even mentioning how the players (the hitchers) get knocked off the mount when attacked. But no mention of how to actually mount together with the mount owner?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Is it possible for a player to 'hitch a ride' on another player's mount?

I've seen some posts referring to players giving a ride to other players and even mentioning how the players (the hitchers) get knocked off the mount when attacked. But no mention of how to actually mount together with the mount owner?

male player gets on mount and then they use embrace function for female to ride along
  • Spellmadness - Sanctuary
    Spellmadness - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    male player gets on mount and then they use embrace function for female to ride along

I see. No chance for my male buddy to come along for the ride then.

Thanks Mosz!
  • crimsonsea
    crimsonsea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I come from different mmo's so im a little confused with the word conversions but i'll make my question as simple as possible.

How can i obtain a ride/mover in this game before lvl 30/40?

If its a quest is there a lvl limit and who from ?

Appreciate any help at all - im lvl 12 and i just cant seem to figure it out.
  • Shivia - Dreamweaver
    Shivia - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I've tried looking - but I couldn't find it - for a "By noob for noob" thread. Is there any thread like this? Because it would be nice if noobs could give their tips, and the OP could choose which are valuable and put them into the first post. So it wouldn't be a Q&A or a guide, but a list of tips. I think that would be very helpful.