test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Penalty for players exiting dungeons during Random Queues

sepherimmlsepherimml Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Not sure it's the perfect section to raise the issue, but here I am. I do Random Queues for Intermediate and Advanced daily and I need to raise this point: please find a way to fix the abandonment of the queues.

I explain: I queue up, I get into Master Spellplaugue/FBI, then one nice player leave the instance by exiting from the dungeon door or by travel cartel at the beginning of the dungeon to do something else while not taking the penalty.
This is really troublesome, beceuse the player cannot be kicked out as he/she left as soon as they arrive in the instance and the 4 players who are still inside cannot do anything else than expecting 15mins to close the instance.

Can it be implemented, I don't know, some kind of penalty for the person who leave the instcance by the door or cartel?

To be honest, if I don't want to stay in a dungeon because I don't like it or whatever, I just abandon it, taking the penalty, so the rest of the team can ask for reinforcements, I don't see the problem with that, since it's MY problem and I don't see why other must 'pay' (in time) in my place.

Comments

• Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    In my opinion no one que if he dont wanna play so ask urself about a reason why that guy is only standing there or even leave. You want to punish ppl cause they dont wanna do what u want but if u search for responsibility pls start by urself and check if u be able to take ur weight during the run or do u need to be carried and be u the only guy in the party with low lvl?
    The guy maybe checked ppl´s gear and know that it is not possible with that group so why to waste 2 hours and have a fail in the end?

Taking penalty urself by leaving is a nice concept -Yesterday I qued 11 times (REQ) all CR and all not even close to we have a chance to make it = would be 5.5 hours penalty in total simply for being in a party with my 17k toon that cant clear that dungeon.
    Best example is CoDG - tons of fails and only 1 victory from REQ. Most fails already on cubes - ppl could watched a video before they join to know mechanics...why wasting time while they can learn it on the fly they maybe think - that they ruin alot of runs before the know what to do...

Every medal has two sides
  • Options
    kotoamatzukamikotoamatzukami Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

In my opinion no one que if he dont wanna play so ask urself about a reason why that guy is only standing there or even leave. You want to punish ppl cause they dont wanna do what u want but if u search for responsibility pls start by urself and check if u be able to take ur weight during the run or do u need to be carried and be u the only guy in the party with low lvl?
    The guy maybe checked ppl´s gear and know that it is not possible with that group so why to waste 2 hours and have a fail in the end?

Taking penalty urself by leaving is a nice concept -Yesterday I qued 11 times (REQ) all CR and all not even close to we have a chance to make it = would be 5.5 hours penalty in total simply for being in a party with my 17k toon that cant clear that dungeon.
    Best example is CoDG - tons of fails and only 1 victory from REQ. Most fails already on cubes - ppl could watched a video before they join to know mechanics...why wasting time while they can learn it on the fly they maybe think - that they ruin alot of runs before the know what to do...

I agree that people could watch videos before entering content for the 1st time to know about mechanics. I also think that FBI and MSP should not be available at 11k. But everything else, sorry, no.

If I go for RAQ, there is always a chance to get into an FBI-/MSP-instance with people who barely meet the requirements ... I know that beforehand. So if I dont wanna run that instance for any reason, I have to take the penalty for it. Period. There is no reason to lock other people in said dungeon for me not wanting to run with them.

I mean i had it once that someone did this (porting out) in Edemo. All you have to do is getting into the circle, it can be finished by 9 players easily nowadays. Even someone being afk doesnt prevent that since you dont have to meet up again somewhere along the way. The only inconvenience the others will have is that the cutscenes will not be skipped .... seriously, there is literally not a single excuse to be an HAMSTER like this, especially in Edemo.
  • Options

Why would you ever care about another persons game experience over your own game experience?

Many people are selfish, including me, and will do what is best for them without caring a jot about other people. ...

There you have your answer, no other explanation needed. Not everyone is like this.
  • Options
    @kotoamatzukami - have ur opinion thats ok but be carefull with ur judging. Queing with Edemo has nothing to do in this discussion because it has own his timer (after 5 mins u can it enter even if u do it solo and its too easy to mention).
    Entering MSP / FBI with only 11k or CR with 13k is selfish as well and means only u wanna force other ppl to carry u - up to 2 guys in FBI or 1 in MSP I dont have a problem to carry....all 4 other in the party around that I refuse to play cause its a waste of time and we will fail in the end (especially if the tank is always the first dying).

RQ is only for RAD´s but why has an 11k to que for RAQ? - yes Cryptic allowed it but why u think its ur right to punsih ppl cause they dont wanna carry u?
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    random queues should be removed from the game. changing a broken system over and over again is not a recipe for success.
  • Options
    weepingiceweepingice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My pgs: op prot/devo 16.4 k; mof rene 15.9K; dc ac/do 15.2k

I don't need anybody carring me, most of the time I carry others and the same thing happens a lot of time.
    If I quee for Raq or Req I know the item level required and the dungeons I can found, if I don't like any of these option I leave the que and took the penality, period. I don't understand why you have to damage others players with your behaviour.
    If you exit the map (through travel cartell or door, I don't care) you force another player to take penality or all the party to wait for fifteen minutes without anything to do.
    greywynd said:

Easiest fix: anyone leaves, for any reason, they get the leaver penalty.

Agree totally.
  • Options
    sepherimmlsepherimml Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

When I queue I always queue with the intention to do a dungeon. Everyone is queuing up with the hope to getting to Edemo or Tong, so don't fool yourself.

I queue into Intermediate with my thrid-hand 12K HR. I hate POM, I leave when I get there. I get the penalty no problem.
    I queue with my 17K DC or 16k OP Tank/Devo for Advance/Expert queues. I have no problem to try running every q, because no one can assure me I'll get a party with my same IL, I'm the first to carry, I have no problem with that. If I get first-time experience people, I try anyway - even in CR -, I even explain the ropes, because, come on, we're all been there. If there is no chance to go forward I start abandonment instance to close it or I leave myself.

I NEVER exit the dungeon from the door/cartel. THIS is selfish, because you penalize also the other 4-ppl. Waiting 15mins, doing something else, like sorting inventary/watching a video/doing a coffee it's not preposterous to ask. We all can do that without wasting too much time.
    greywynd said:

Fully agree.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I agree, there is very little reason why you should be able to exit a dungeon and stay in group.

If someone exits the dungeon they should be removed from group and get the leaver penalty.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @sepherimml ...what u guess or what not I dont care...u really think u speak for every player and all only wanna run tong or edemo...grats! What ever u do with ur time is ur thing so why u think u have the right to demand what others do with their time - in ur demand for punishment u be not better than the leaver! Also it isnt true that u have to wait 15 mins cause i had also guys in the party that left as soon as they faced party/dungeon and they could be removed after 5 mins...maybe sometimes its buged...

We had alot of kick -abusing in the past thats why there is a timer now....what u think it will be removed again....first being kicked are for sure all the lowlvl player from a dungeon if others think their have to carry them like it happend in the past every time...I was kicked from near every CN-Run (old version) cause I was not BIS back then and the Dungeon had the most value items to offer...

So again what u do with ur time or any other is ur thing no one should demand what u have to...Cryptic forced us to do it that way but u blame other player...u see it that the leaver steals ur time and the leaver think u steal his / her time and the argument the others are 4 and the leaver is only one guy....so meh...how many ppl need it to legitime injustice?

And what about if u be with ppl in a party that are on ur ignore list? U want to force me to play with them or take a penalty? I dont want to play or deal with them thats why the are on my ignore list...

Post edited by aixis2000 on
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They get kicked, they left. Leaver penalty.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ^...yes first he punish the leaver then the guy he kicked being afk, then maybe the guy that is to fast...then the guy that is to slow...the guy that pulls too much mob groups at once...then the guy theat pull not much enough....then....endless story to find resons to have the right to kick/punish someone....and maybe someone demand some day real names and adresses from Cryptic cause he thinks that this person isnt punished enough with a simple penalty....guys relax and watch a movie...I suggest George Orwell´s 1984 or the Wave
  • Options
    defygravity#9947 defygravity Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Agree with this as well, mostly. If someone leaves the party before the first boss, not sure they should get a penalty. If they were kicked, I want to say they should but know that could be easily abused.

I understand that stuff happens and someone might need to step away for a minute. I also understand people need to even leave abruptly and might not actually leave the game. I've been in those situations myself, and in other games knew the penalty would be there which was fine.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

^...yes first he punish the leaver then the guy he kicked being afk, then maybe the guy that is to fast...then the guy that is to slow...the guy that pulls too much mob groups at once...then the guy theat pull not much enough....then....endless story to find resons to have the right to kick/punish someone....and maybe someone demand some day real names and adresses from Cryptic cause he thinks that this person isnt punished enough with a simple penalty....guys relax and watch a movie...I suggest George Orwell´s 1984 or the Wave

The Stuff
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

As I said, all this will do is make people sit in the dungeon doing nothing instead of leaving so it wont fix anything. You will still need to wait to kick them.

True, and there is a limit to what you can do technically to prevent that.

However, taking away the ability to exit the dungeon at least will force them to sit idle for those 5 minutes. And the group might decide to not kick them too, so that let the group decide to kick or not which should do wonders for making people show good manners.

If you want to leave the dungeon early, you should eat the penalty.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Right click character portrait ..select Request reinforcements .... if you are short manned only 4 people ..
    there is a limit how many times this works tho : D ...then you get to suck other people into the same hell as you lol

this works after vote kicking someone too
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I believe they could fix this issue easy. If you exit thru the door or travel sign post you should get auto removed from the party given a 30 minute penalty and they should make you pay a fee of 20K AD. If your toon stays at a campfire for more then 2 minutes you should pay a fee of 5K AD or your be auto removed and get a 30 minute penalty. Sure people will get pissed but hey what most people do not realize is your wasting 4 other peoples time.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    greywynd said:

They get kicked, they left. Leaver penalty.

wow, thats actually a pretty simple yet good idea.

Edit:
    aixis2000 said:

Do you know how often i got kicked in my 4 years in this game? 3 times, 1 of those i even understand where i got pulled off by a phone call that took way longer than expected. That means 2 times remain where i have the feeling i got kicked unjustified.

Do you know how often i get into instances where people sit at the campfire, port out (doesnt happen too often, but still) or ask to being kicked so they dont get the penalty, especially in the past few months? Basically every other day ...

So if you get kicked on a regular basis, you either have bad luck beyond imagination for constantly being paired with e.g. 4 idiots of 1 guild that get rid of you wrongfully. Or you have to ask yourself if its not actually you that is the problem in your runs ... just a thought.

Post edited by kotoamatzukami on
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ^ again such a nonsense and there is no end of the story...ok if I know were to be punished I simply will run with the group and die as much as i can....so maybe u kick me for dying....then u may think everyone is doing the same and u would even kick ur Mother when she´s not fast enough in the kitchen...Im really glad that guys like u have nothing to decide within the game

The main thing is that undergeared + unexp. ppl think they have a right to force someone to waste also his time with them otherwise they want punish him and thats only cause they are 4 and the other guy only 1 (but maybe the only guy that is able to run that dungeon)...really meh guys
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The fastest way to empty queues, that nobody wants to be in. Try this and see how you'll have to wait an hour or two for one Raq attempt. Then come here again and cry about why no one is queueing.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    aixis2000 said:

Do you know how often i got kicked in my 4 years in this game? 3 times! 1 of those i even understand, when i got pulled off by a phone call that took way longer than expected. That means 2 times remain where i had the feeling i got kicked unjustified.

Do you know how often, especially in the past few months, i got into instances with people sitting at the campfire, porting out (doesnt happen too often, but still) or ask to be kicked so they dont get the penalty? Basically every other day ...

So if you get kicked on a regular basis, you either have bad luck beyond imagination for constantly being paired with like 4 idiots of one guild that get rid of you wrongfully. Or it is actually yourself that is the problem in your runs ... just a thought.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @kotoamatzukami ...and again nothing but meh...
    How often u got kicked or me has nothing to do with the thread as well what u guess about my playstyle....seems to me u never had the chance to run old CN otherwise u wouldnt say something like that...its seems also u be a I run all stuff with my friends only type so thats maybe new to u...

I run stuff with my 17k+ Tr only...I dont have problems with my playstyle - I have a good build do hdps and can run as a Main dps every content...so ty that be worried about me and my maybe limited abilitys...I dont get kicked in the present only if I refuse to try the 100. fail with 4 13k guys in CR for example...but i changed my habit already - I help till the sisters but I know what happen if no one volunteer or even grab book on sisters and they still attacks in the chains part...quick dying for all and game over 9/10 someone leaves and im free to do the same...

Same counts for CoDG/ Tong or MSP /FBI and so on....undergeared and unexpierencend ppl are just curious what will happen in that dungeon and I dont blame them...if there is a chance to do it I never refuse but if not they face harsh reality pretty soon when the die 10 times within 2mins they get a feeling that they be maybe in the wrong dungeon..

Im not sure if correct reading is one of ur strongest skillz but definatly guessing what other do/can/want...

Post edited by aixis2000 on