Install Arc
Options

Penalty for players exiting dungeons during Random Queues

13»

Comments

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

greywynd said:

Easiest fix: anyone leaves, for any reason, they get the leaver penalty.

The fastest way to empty queues, that nobody wants to be in. Try this and see how you'll have to wait an hour or two for one Raq attempt. Then come here again and cry about why no one is queueing.
    Actually, only the devs cried about certain queues/dungeons that were not run enough. That's how this mess with the random queues started and there is no improvement or even a solution on the horizon. Get rid of the random queues and return the control to players about what they run (for rAD) and who they kick.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    And then you have the silent majority that wanted to run content that never popped...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    If you dont want to be stressed, dont run random queues. Tons of alternatives to get rough AD. I run Random queues for fun. Run it with a friend, so you dont suffer alone in a bad dungeon. If you think you cant carry your own weight to finish the dungeon, then go join a premade random queue group.

I queue REQ cause i am confident i can finish all the possible dungeons there with a friend or so. If you queue it just to get tomb for the seals, well you are probably an impatient idiot and one of those who keeps declining the queue.

Play with a positive mindset and you'll see that some people who dont know the mechanics, or were having a hard time are willing to listen to advices and most of the time would enjoy finishing the runs.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User

If you dont want to be stressed, dont run random queues. Tons of alternatives to get rough AD. I run Random queues for fun. Run it with a friend, so you dont suffer alone in a bad dungeon. If you think you cant carry your own weight to finish the dungeon, then go join a premade random queue group.

I queue REQ cause i am confident i can finish all the possible dungeons there with a friend or so. If you queue it just to get tomb for the seals, well you are probably an impatient idiot and one of those who keeps declining the queue.

Play with a positive mindset and you'll see that some people who dont know the mechanics, or were having a hard time are willing to listen to advices and most of the time would enjoy finishing the runs.

...bravo! calling other ppl an impatient idiot cause of their playstyle...gratz! I can clearly see ur positive mindset
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

That's crazy talk. I always play with a positive mindset. As in, I'm positive 9 out of 10 random queue runs are going to be more painful than fun lol.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

And then you have the silent majority that wanted to run content that never popped...

How can content never pop if the majority queued for it?
  • Options
    Oh, I don't know... The majority play DPS and the tanks and healers never queued for the unpopular stuff?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    ^this I like to run one Random intermediate quest at the start of every day. When I have time after dailies & grinds, i queue up for the top level of Randoms, hoping to get an adequate group to do Tong... till I get a full set of Blade Lord gear. So far I've had to exit out of Tong several times... when a group can't get it done after over an hour of trying and I run out of time. They all say to form your own groups. Ive tried about 20 times. No one wants to form a group unless they already have a group... and none of the groups want a 17.5k GWF, even if they are decent with DPS. I think I could almost solo Tong except for the end boss. Still cant get a group though, and if I did, I would miss out on the point which is the Blade Lord gear set.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    greywynd said:

Oh, I don't know... The majority play DPS and the tanks and healers never queued for the unpopular stuff?

Wondering if DPS-players are so different from tank- or healer-players in perceiving the quality of a dugeon that they represent a silent majority for queuing for unpolular dungeons... After all, the dungeons are unpolular for a reason. Maybe the reason is because the majority does not want to run it?

Anyway, two simple solutions:

1. Create a team before you go. No waiting time at all then (except for loading the map).
    2. If you so desperately want to run this one content, you can not live without running this one content, you want it so desperately that you even think random queues are not such a bad idea and that others are just whining when they have to endure the random queue concept, create a tank or healer for yourself and queue for this beloved dungeon.
  • Options
    Well, if they didn't tie achievements to running, like, everything, then the unpopular content could just wither away.

Meanwhile, some of us are still waiting to run Idris, Mad Dragon, Dread Vault, etc...
  • Options
    nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited October 2018

getting the same random queues day after day after day after day after day after day after day.

This. So much this! When I run RLQ, I end up in either IG, DL, or MoH 99.999% of the time. When I run RIQ, I end up in PoM, MPF, or Tiamat 98% of the time. (The other 1.999% of the time you end up in Demogorgon). I'm so sick of these dungeons. I never, ever choose to go for silver or gold in IG anymore, whereas I used to not mind trying for gold when I ran this dungeon less.

Anyway, two simple solutions:

1. Create a team before you go. No waiting time at all then (except for loading the map).

Actually, this is not as simple a solution as you think if you're doing random queues. If you're running RLQ, then you can only queue up with a total of three people. If you attempt to queue up with more than three, it will not allow you to do so. So you queue up with three people ....... and you still end up in IG, DL, or MoH and you still have to wait for two people to agree. On the other hand, if you're running RIQ, you can only queue up with a total of five people. If you attempt to queue up with more than five, it will not allow you to do so. So you queue up with five people ..... and you still end up in one of three or four dungeons.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I've said repeatedly for a "dungeons and dragons" game, Neverwinter seems woefully short on "dungeons", of course someone always almost argues with me on the point... :pensive:

Perhaps for the next "Mod" someone might suggest a half a dozen or so new random dungeons (or at least bringing back a few of the older ones that's been eliminated)... but I suppose that would probably be a little too much to expect. :/
    DD~