Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    onodrain said:

mjonis said:

1. Enchanted coffer. It can drop marks right now. I assumed they will also drop the new enchanting stones. However, the other bags are dropping them, I am curious if enchanted coffer will drop them.
    2. Will the new bags/coffers from leadership be new type of bags/coffers as same name but with different item id? i.e. if I carry forward what I have now to mod 12b, will these 'old' bags/coffers drop new items?
    3. What will happen to the marks I have right now? Will mod 12b just convert all my marks to Enchanting stones automatically?

1. Still drops GMoP, blue MoP, other refinement items replaced with new types. So no rank 4s and 5s of 4 types of enchants and 5 types of runes, and no green/blue marks of 3 types. Just a few types of generic RP stones and green/blue enchantment stone reagents.

So I'm confused (easily).

Let's say (I'm pulling numbers out of my butt) that currently 100 enchanted coffers drops say: 35 R5 enchants worth "x" RP.

Are you saying in the new (well proposed/preview), that it would drop say, 35 generic RP stones worth 1/10 of what a current R5 are now?

I was on last night on Live and someone on NW Legit was saying enchanted coffers don't drop RP anymore. but I don't always believe what i read. haha

Thanks!
    R4 enchants being replaced in coffer with amethyst
    R5 enchants replaced with black pearls
    marks of union/stability/power replaced with enchanting stones

I opened 144 enchanted coffers and found these refining things:

11 peridots (50 RP)
    42 black pearls (100 RP same as new R5 enchant/rune)
    72 amethysts (25 RP same as new R4 enchant/rune)
    2 moderate enchanting stones
    4 moderate marks of potency
    1 greater mark of potency

Everything is unbound still.
    Ah, OK, thank you. So really "no change" for enchanted coffers in terms of the "amount" of RP that gets dropped (on average).
    That's a good thing.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    mjonis said:

Ah, OK, thank you. So really "no change" for enchanted coffers in terms of the "amount" of RP that gets dropped (on average).
    That's a good thing.

This has been the overall impression of everything anyone has had the motivation or opportunity to test. While the types of items have generally changed, the quantities of RP and ratios have not.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    mjonis said:

onodrain said:

mjonis said:

1. Enchanted coffer. It can drop marks right now. I assumed they will also drop the new enchanting stones. However, the other bags are dropping them, I am curious if enchanted coffer will drop them.
    2. Will the new bags/coffers from leadership be new type of bags/coffers as same name but with different item id? i.e. if I carry forward what I have now to mod 12b, will these 'old' bags/coffers drop new items?
    3. What will happen to the marks I have right now? Will mod 12b just convert all my marks to Enchanting stones automatically?

1. Still drops GMoP, blue MoP, other refinement items replaced with new types. So no rank 4s and 5s of 4 types of enchants and 5 types of runes, and no green/blue marks of 3 types. Just a few types of generic RP stones and green/blue enchantment stone reagents.

Let's say (I'm pulling numbers out of my butt) that currently 100 enchanted coffers drops say: 35 R5 enchants worth "x" RP.

Are you saying in the new (well proposed/preview), that it would drop say, 35 generic RP stones worth 1/10 of what a current R5 are now?

I was on last night on Live and someone on NW Legit was saying enchanted coffers don't drop RP anymore. but I don't always believe what i read. haha

Thanks!

11 peridots (50 RP)

That's a good thing.
    There are some nuances. Enchanted coffers could be opened during x2 enchants/rune and give you double for the enchants. Moving forward, the x2 enchants/rune events will include gemstones. So slightly more RP during those events from the enchanted coffers, since you are doubling the peridots.

But...the thaum/arti/res bags from leadership can also be opened during these events for double RP. In the past, these bags did not benefit from x2 enchants/rune events.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    onodrain said:

mjonis said:

onodrain said:

mjonis said:

Thanks!

11 peridots (50 RP)

That's a good thing.
    There are some nuances. Enchanted coffers could be opened during x2 enchants/rune and give you double for the enchants. Moving forward, the x2 enchants/rune events will include gemstones. So slightly more RP during those events from the enchanted coffers, since you are doubling the peridots.

But...the thaum/arti/res bags from leadership can also be opened during these events for double RP. In the past, these bags did not benefit from x2 enchants/rune events.
    The question will be what does 2xenchant mean in the future? Enchant will not be dropped when we kill mob like now, right? I think we can buy rank 1 enchantment from somewhere. I guess they need to rename it to 2x [something else].
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    one thing i have noticed that the rank lvl of the gear doesn't matter anymore for refining into rp however only greens are able to be done that way no blues not sure about purple yet. Will there be a npc where we can exchange our superior marks for superior enchanting stones?
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

one thing i have noticed that the rank lvl of the gear doesn't matter anymore for refining into rp however only greens are able to be done that way no blues not sure about purple yet. Will there be a npc where we can exchange our superior marks for superior enchanting stones?

The power, stability and union marks will be automatically converted to their enchanting stone equivalent so we will not have to exchange them by hand :)
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited September 2017

nisckis said:

The power, stability and union marks will be automatically converted to their enchanting stone equivalent so we will not have to exchange them by hand :)
    When will this happen? Right now on Preview, that is not the case.
    Yes, you are right, it will happen when it goes to Live.

Right now on preview you can get the superior ones from the wonderous bazaar, the other ones can be gotten from leadership and invocation boxes if I remember correctly.

PS: I haven't tested if Dread Ring minidungeons have been corrected this weekend and now they drop the enchanting stones too.
  • Options
    linda#7986 linda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @noworries#8859 said:
    > Technical Details: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234035/refinement-technical-details
    >
    > Bonding Runestone Discussion: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234037/bonding-runestone-changes
    >
    > TL:DR
    >
    > I think this topic is a bit too broad and involved for a TL:DR to really give the full grasp but here it is for those who still will prefer that:
    > * All refinement items break down into a new currency called Refinement Points
    >
    > * Refinement Points are used in leveling all types of refinement items
    >
    > * No more needing to hoard refinement items
    >
    > * Easier to use system and UI
    >
    > * New Ranks: 2 for enchantments/runestones and 1 for armor and weapon enhancements
    >
    > * More RP drops, fewer specific enchantment drops.
    >
    > * Changes to Bonding Runestone bonus, other runestones adjusted as well

I know everyone is going to be at odds with the new system. But I am hopeful it will be good for everyone not just the giant's. I've been grinding for more than 7 months and I can tell you it's frustrating for anyone coming into the game. I'm a level 70 + and most campaigns competed. I can't get my toon where it should be because of all the refinement and changes . It's not enough to put six hours or more a day Into the game. Most items are unavailable or near impossible to attain. And FBI And other dungeons are not possible because if your not a giant or have connections your not running with them. I'm serious Devs need to. See that your killing new players because it isn't possible to gain item level if your booted out because your team mates are giants and your not. And if you can't run dungeons your not getting equipment nor can you get your gear. And I have not run dungeons for Svw Or FBI. If your going to make changes for new players start with what they need to progress in the game. Rp is,only good if you have weapons and gear to upgrade.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I know everyone is going to be at odds with the new system. But I am hopeful it will be good for everyone not just the giant's. I've been grinding for more than 7 months and I can tell you it's frustrating for anyone coming into the game. I'm a level 70 + and most campaigns competed. I can't get my toon where it should be because of all the refinement and changes . It's not enough to put six hours or more a day Into the game. Most items are unavailable or near impossible to attain. And FBI And other dungeons are not possible because if your not a giant or have connections your not running with them. I'm serious Devs need to. See that your killing new players because it isn't possible to gain item level if your booted out because your team mates are giants and your not. And if you can't run dungeons your not getting equipment nor can you get your gear. And I have not run dungeons for Svw Or FBI. If your going to make changes for new players start with what they need to progress in the game. Rp is,only good if you have weapons and gear to upgrade.

Just in case you don't know, there are mod 12 weapon and gear in AH and they are less than 20K AD a piece.
    IMO, at this moment, there is no good reason for new player to farm relic weapon and gear unless they really want them. If they do, they are not exactly new players.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Will the reagents and gemstones in our inventory automatically convert to RP or will he have the option to manually convert. I ask because I want to be able to move around some unbound items first. Also, can someone confirm there will be at least 1 more 2x RP (console) before Mod12b is released? Thanks
    Post edited by markeen#2032 on
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Will the regents and gemstones in our inventory automatically convert to RP or will he have the option to manually convert. I ask because I want to be able to move around some unbound items first. Also, can someone confirm there will be at least 1 more 2x RP (console) before Mod12b is released? Thanks

manually.
    For console 2xRP, only dev can answer that. I don't even think they know because even PC does not have mod 12b. It is kind of too early about console schedule.

Do we know when PC will have mod 12b?
  • Options
    tkittehtkitteh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Feedback & Question & Problem

Upgrade Reagents for Artifacts

Edit: Nevermind .. found it .. thought those were something else

Post edited by tkitteh on
  • Options
    tkitteh said:

@noworries#8859

Feedback & Question & Problem

Upgrade Reagents for Artifacts

Currently there's a 1:1 match between the " mark of " and new "enchanting stone" needed to upgrade an artifact or artifact equipment.
    Lesser -> moderate (green)
    -> Greater (blue)
    greater -> superior (purple)

You need the same type, and same number, names are just different. However, when you log into PTS there seems to be no way to convert your valuable and rare reagent other than to RP

Will be allowed to "keep" (convert) our hard earned reagents to new type?
    Currently this seems to be a big hole in the plan, and serves a major set back for players who rite-fully earned these items but have not made the RP gap to use them.

You are correct that the test server has no mechanism for changing these marks to the proper enchanting stones.

In the initial post by the developer, he explained how these will all be properly converted on live. They did not provide this conversion on test.

Does it make it more difficult to test the changes? Yes.
  • Options
    tkittehtkitteh Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    onodrain said:

You are correct that the test server has no mechanism for changing these marks to the proper enchanting stones.

In the initial post by the developer, he explained how these will all be properly converted on live. They did not provide this conversion on test.

Does it make it more difficult to test the changes? Yes.

Ahh, *facepalm* I get what that block of text means now. K/Question redacted
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    There is a bug or something do not understand about refine an enchant. INstead let me choose how much rp i want to put in it on upgrade process it put and for next ranks.

What if i just want to make my rank 12 rank 13 and not planning to make it 14? How i adjust this?

Edit : now i saw the amount of rp need to upgrade for 14. Though the "upgrade is confusing" when the enchantment still needs refine.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2017

what is going wrong with heart of blue dragon? list me any artifact i have on and also ask those regeants while:

if i try to make the red dragon mythic show me the correct artifact and the correct regeants.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Black pearls are falling to the floor and not into inventory.

• Options

That is working as intended. Black Pearls are replacements for the R5 enchants that used to drop as part of normal loot. They should be unbound. If they are bound, then it means you have Fey Blessing enchantments.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    onodrain said:

That is working as intended. Black Pearls are replacements for the R5 enchants that used to drop as part of normal loot. They should be unbound. If they are bound, then it means you have Fey Blessing enchantments.
    Ok, thx for the explanation, now that i think about it, with the new gear identification in mass the problem of rolling loot will become a living hell.

• Options

onodrain said:

Ok, thx for the explanation, now that i think about it, with the new gear identification in mass the problem of rolling loot will become a living hell.

The default rolling loot is blue and above. Leader can set that even higher (or lower).
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    r000kie said:

Preview just had an update. Marks are converted to enchanting stones, but not reliable (have some chars for which the conversion did not took place).

Now..I made 5 L13 QMs for a 20% chance, and opened 600+ Spoil of Wars bags. Besides peridots and quartz (1RP !!), all the enchants and runestones I got were L2. If this is intended (as they said, no enchants will drop in game) the nerf is unbelievable.

R13/14s are broken...
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    r000kie said:

Sigh....then I have to start over and make some L10 only...

R12 should work. If you want, I can mail you R12 on preview, tomorrow. (write the handle) Or anyone who wants to test this.
  • Options
    r000kie said:

Preview just had an update. Marks are converted to enchanting stones, but not reliable (have some chars for which the conversion did not took place).

Now..I made 5 L13 QMs for a 20% chance, and opened 600+ Spoil of Wars bags. Besides peridots and quartz (1RP !!), all the enchants and runestones I got were L2. If this is intended (as they said, no enchants will drop in game) the nerf is unbelievable.

For me on test, if I have an existing character, it did not update my marks properly. If I moved a character to test, it updated my marks automatically when I logged them in.

You can manually convert the marks. Type this into your chat window

/ConvertMarksToEnchantingStones

You can read that on the test server notes page as well to verify the command, It worked for all my peeps.
  • Options
    dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Gems from Sea of Moving ice content (Rough Emerald/Amethyst/Sapphire/Ruby and their restored counterparts) are curently converting to lower than expected RP values in the new system. E.g. Lustrous Cloud Amethyst is worth 250 RP, when going by the 10% conversion rate it should be worth 1250 RP, assuming it is deliberate that these gems are simply losing their match bonus.

Also, some small feedback for the new system, may be a little rambly, I apologise in advance.

The existing inventory icons for the SOMI emerald and amethyst are much prettier than the ones made for the new gems, have you considered just reusing those? It'd be nice to see those visuals stick around in the new RP system.

Now that there are 2 new gap-filer stones between peridot and flawless sapphire (black pearl and emerald) the aquamarine now seems a little redundant. Also as it's a multiple of 3 compared to the previous stone, where you usually do multiples of 2 or 5 it seems weird and offends my sense of symmetry.

Finally: a lot of people seem to want a way to make it easier to send RP to alts. While it's easy to use bound RP on one character to upgrade enchants, we will also have some character bound items we can't transfer, and therefore need to send over gems to put in that particular character's RP pool. Personally I find it a little tedious sending over 20 stacks of peridot because I want to upgrade an alt's weapon so I'd like to suggest a QoL change to make it easier. Add a "gem trader" merchant that will allow us to buy higher-value RP stones using smaller ones. So for example I can "buy" a flawless sapphire using 10 peridot, or trade 2 sapphires for a black opal. that way if we need to send over RP to a specific character we can do so fairly quickly.