test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

River District back to 50 ppl instances post-patch

aasuraasur Member Posts: 66 Arc User
Really? Why is this back to 50 again? It was fixed after the last one but now it's back.

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They've probably been resetting the instance size manually after each reset and haven't patched in a permanent change to the capping.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 back at it again on river district cap is 50 again this week
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    "No issues, the quality assurance team will be on the arcane focus and other Mod 11 issues before its released to the public...errrrrr console players"

Our great PC testers have been going through hell for ya!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    The lag in RD right now is prohibitive to playing. The Rituals have all bugged out on me, so.. gonna try running a different character through a different area and hope for the best.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Have fun doing those boss lairs!
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Current bets in Vegas:

Over/Under weeks needed for a fix is 5.5
    Odds for this taking as long as auctions disappearing after each patch: 9/5
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    There's a new system we're using to adjust the instance cap easily. Each week, we're finding slightly new problems with it where it's reverting last week's change. Each time, for different reasons, even if it looks the same to players. I appreciate your patience after each maintenance morning while I'm mid-commute before I can fix it. Today took a little longer since my root canal took longer than expected, so the caps were wrong until around 11. Next week's maintenance will integrate the actual map sizes into the build, so no more overrides to get lost.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    miasmat said:

There's a new system we're using to adjust the instance cap easily. Each week, we're finding slightly new problems with it where it's reverting last week's change. Each time, for different reasons, even if it looks the same to players. I appreciate your patience after each maintenance morning while I'm mid-commute before I can fix it. Today took a little longer since my root canal took longer than expected, so the caps were wrong until around 11. Next week's maintenance will integrate the actual map sizes into the build, so no more overrides to get lost.

You weren't even allowed to take a Christmas holiday so you could fix the parcels, what makes you think you're allowed proper dental care? ;)

(thanks for chiming in)
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well.. I will be 100% honest.. I think that was sort of cheesy asking any employee to do that.

I for one couldve cared less, as long as they wre giving out around the same time.. it wouldve been ok for me if they skipped it until after christmas.. or not do it at all..

So thanks.. but my feedback to your boss, if you want to pass it along, would be, next time, let it skip a few days.. I for one dont think that was a critical issue..

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    miasmat said:

Each time, for different reasons, even if it looks the same to players. I appreciate your patience after each maintenance morning while I'm mid-commute before I can fix it.

@miasmat thank you for chiming in. A few straight up words to the players make all the difference when this kind of thing happens.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min