test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Tenacity Feedback Thread

gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!
We are happy to announce that as part of an ongoing initiative to improve PVP and make it feel more rewarding and more fun overall we are going to be adding a new stat to PVP focused gear - Tenacity.

Overview
Tenacity is a relatively complicated stat, but it provides a wealth of bonuses that will greatly impact your PVP experiences. Given its complexity, there are a handful of other changes that will be going in at the same time that will help make the PVP experience feel better across the board.

The following changes have been made:

Give all players some additional Innate resistances against effects from players
  • 10% Reduced Critical Strike Damage
  • 10% Increased CC Resist
  • 10% Increased Damage Resistance

Addition of Tenacity to PVP Gear, which gives the following bonuses
  • Resistance to Critical Hits
  • Armor Penetration Suppression
  • Damage Resistance
  • CC Resist

Addition of Healing Depression
  • When struck by a player in PVP you will suffer Healing Depression for 10 seconds. This effect Reduces the effectiveness of incoming heals and Temporary Hit Points by 50%. This effect is refreshed by taking damage from a player.
  • This healing depression will affect all sources of healing, including but not limited to Regeneration, Life Steal, Soulforged, and Class Powers. Potions are currently not affected by this, but will need further balancing with these changes.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2014
    Feedback
    We need to collect as much feedback as possible on this so we can further dial in the exact bonuses that Tenacity and other effects will require. Given that, we would like you to categorize and color code your feedback so we can sort it and act on it most effectively! Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    Class: (Please enter the class that you played as during your testing here)
    Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Class then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
    (Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
    Bug: Control Wizard
    When I had 1000 Tenacity I began taking much more damage than normal and dealt far too little.

Control Wizards were too tanky and consistently could win fights where they were alone against many foes.

Please try to play several matches before giving feedback so that you get a good feel for the changes. Thank you again for all your help Adventurers! We look forward to hearing back from you! Also keep your eyes peeled for Devs to be on the Preview shard playing PVP with you!

Chris “Gentleman_Crush” Meyer
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please explain the temp hp reduction. If you trigger an action that would give you temp hp to you get half the temp hp? If the temp hp is already there lets say does it suddenly reduce? Do you take double damage with temp hp existing?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you are already affected by Temp HP it will reduce when Healing Depression affects you. We are looking into the feel of this and trying different solutions for this, but so far this one has been the most balanced feeling of the options we have available. So if you already had a large Temp HP shield and a player strikes you, it will reduce in strength immediately.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You listed this twice
    •10% Reduced Critical Strike Damage

Is one of them supposed to read critical chance?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    You listed this twice

Is one of them supposed to read critical chance?

No, I just made a typo when creating the list :) I have corrected the OP.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah OK, is the Critical Resistance of the gear also just against damage then?

One thing I would like to mention before actual feedback about the tenacity system trickles in, is that unless most of the current bugs with player powers are addressed (as they affect both PvE as well as PvP), the perception of how Tenacity works will likely be very skewed. If Tenacity is then balanced for the current buggy power environment, when those are fixed, Tenacity would likely need to be readjusted and retested again as well.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Critical resistance does indeed only affect damage. As far as balance goes, Tenacity gives us a really explicit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to tweak that is easy to adjust. Play matches with a variety of builds, our testing has been going really well and matches are far more fun with the addition of Tenacity but we want to see how a larger variety of builds affect it, which is why we want your feedback!
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice :)

What do you know, my posts starting to translate into reality.

Looking forward to test this.

I'm not sure what to think about Healing Depression.

This will hurt squishies again way more than the tanks and take away from us important sources of survival. Will squishy gear have more Tenacity to make up for this loss?
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Does this mean that DCs will now only be able to heal themselves for 30% of their spell's heals? (1-.4) * .5 = .3.

Most feedback centered around removing or reducing righteousness, not making it even more .. righteous.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Does this mean that DCs will now only be able to heal themselves for 30% of their spell's heals? (1-.4) * .5 = .3.

Most feedback centered around removing or reducing righteousness, not making it even more .. righteous.
    Don't forget they'll have to use pvp sets for pvp too instead of the blues they currently use.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dam xD now I need to get a pvp set together , my new home is GG ...
  • Options
    jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited January 2014
    Crippled healing and temp hit points? I guess DCs and GWFs need not apply.
  • Options
    pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    with tr damage as it is and only minor damage nerf and tr not losing any its stealth or getting any kind of real change like rest class's I can see every one going tr again

tr can just stealth and rejen and reduce your rejen by 50%

may be change the below to also effect stealth or some thing
    •When struck by a player in PVP you will suffer Healing Depression for 10 seconds. This effect Reduces the effectiveness of incoming heals and Temporary Hit Points by 50%. This effect is refreshed by taking damage from a player.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was hoping for a better match making system. Might as well just disable gear in pvp so we have an even playing field. Guess this way we can take up more bag space with two sets of gear.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    throsbi wrote: »
    I was hoping for a better match making system. Might as well just disable gear in pvp so we have an even playing field. Guess this way we can take up more bag space with two sets of gear.

Its a start and the easiest to implement; don't complain. They will be adding more as module 3 gets closer most likely.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    throsbi wrote: »

They are probably rolling this out early so that we have plenty of time to test it , new arenas and match types are easy enough to add later with module 3 , the new stat needs to be balanced , if nothing else its a start.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Guys, lets keep this thread on topic. Please keep it to actual feedback from actual matches. Speculation isn't going to help this thread or balancing Tenacity at all ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    josiahiyon wrote: »

I think that's a good point. Considering the purpose of Righteousness was to address DCs being too sturdy in PvP, having Healing Depression should ideally result in the removal (or significant toning down) of Righteousness
  • Options
    vasillesvasilles Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tenacity is very familiar to me. Age of Conan that was used in the game. Hopefully here are handled better.
    Join SCUM Feel Hate Of Others.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2014
    GF daily Villain's Menace no longer grants any form of CC immunity on the test shard, and all forms of CC penetrate Block.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Great! I am glad to see this system implemented. CC chains, Armor Penetration and Criticals have been a major factor in PvP frustrations for myself and others.

Have you guys considered altering the effects of Tenacity based on class, though?

As I am sure the development team is aware one of the biggest complaints in PvP revolves around GWF's being extremely powerful. The issue is that while GWF's are powerhouses in PvP they are only just now, after some decent buffs, finally finding roles in dungeons without major grumblings from other party members.

Could we perhaps expect to see certain class functions get altered via tenacity or even static PvP buffs/debuffs?
    For instance reducing Unstoppable from Control Immunity to 75% Control Immunity?

Moderator Notice - gentlemancrush has giveen the friendly warning. Further speculation posts will be removed from this thread.
    Please keep this thread on topic regarding your thoughts and experiences of Tenacity. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Great! I am glad to see this system implemented. CC chains, Armor Penetration and Criticals have been a major factor in PvP frustrations for myself and others.

Have you guys considered altering the effects of Tenacity based on class, though?

As I am sure the development team is aware one of the biggest complaints in PvP revolves around GWF's being extremely powerful. The issue is that while GWF's are powerhouses in PvP they are only just now, after some decent buffs, finally finding roles in dungeons without major grumblings from other party members.

Could we perhaps expect to see certain class functions get altered via tenacity or even static PvP buffs/debuffs?
    For instance reducing Unstoppable from Control Immunity to 75% Control Immunity?

Moderator Notice - gentlemancrush has giveen the friendly warning. Further speculation posts will be removed from this thread.
    Please keep this thread on topic regarding your thoughts and experiences of Tenacity. :)

can you really not see how gwf are nerf with 50% healing and 50% less rejen and 50% less temp hp there hit most by this change
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pkdeadly1 wrote: »
    can you really not see how gwf are nerf with 50% healing and 50% less rejen and 50% less temp hp there hit most by this change

Well, GWFs and that other massively OP class the DC...oh wait...DC's aren't OP at all.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Well, GWFs and that other massively OP class the DC...oh wait...DC's aren't OP at all.

a good dc heals others and uses dodge to stay alive mainly so no it don't effect them the same and dc are great as is they can change losing fight into a winning one a lot the time
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a good dc heals others and uses dodge to stay alive mainly so no it don't effect them the same and dc are great as is they can change losing fight into a winning one a lot the time

I've got 2 dodges and a very slowly recharging stamina bar. Building with high regen, deflect and defense is what allows a DC to survive long enough to heal you in PvP. Glass cannon healers have a very bad time in PvP if the opposition isn't a lesser geared pug.
  • Options
    shiralacshiralac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Just your opinion.

I have DPS DCs i use in PvP and I am targeted before healing DCs. Why? because my burst damage can kill semi tank, or take 50%+ HPs from even the tankiest GF or GWF. I therefore help with killing those classes quickly and as a result help keep our points on our side.

A good DC contributes in keeping/taking points.

As for hte changes,
    panderus wrote: »

In addition to this new stat we are also reducing the ability of very defensive builds to sustain themselves indefinitely by introducing Healing Depression in PVP combat. In PvP matches, players will receive a debuff that reduces incoming healing and the effectiveness of Temporary Hit Points. This means that while fights will last longer, players will not be able to survive forever with the right combination of healing and regenerative effects.

Will the system be able to tell which builds are defensive and which are not? Or will it just blanket all builds with this?

If the later, then Rigteousness + Healing Depression = time to make a No Fight PvP channel for DCs.
    There is no such thing as Pleather Armor.
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I see TR's becoming OP once again due to their ability to avoid healing depression with stealth. I'm thinking high regen+perma stealth.

Loving the new ideas overall however ... This kind of promotes builds that aren't heavy on regen - which is most pvp builds currently.

Aside from what I've seen, I'd also like to see pvp specific gear as well as new pvp enchants thatt have 4 tiers or something like that. The better pvp enchants could be earned purely through winning matches and merely taking part.

Rant over :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!

The following changes have been made:

Give all players some additional Innate resistances against effects from players
    • 10% Reduced Critical Strike Damage

Does this reduce critical damage or critical severity by 10%?
    An important distinction.

You know what they say when you assume things...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kunekaden2 wrote: »
    Does this reduce critical damage or critical severity by 10%?
    An important distinction.

You know what they say when you assume things...

Good question! It actually reduces the *DAMAGE*.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good question! It actually reduces the *DAMAGE*.

Does this also apply to critical heals?