test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Active Companion Bonuses System

graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
All companions now have an Active Bonus that they grant to you or your summoned companion when they are in an Active Companion Slot. These Active Companion slots are on the left side of the Companion Window. You start with 3 and gain one at level 30 and a fifth slot on reaching level 60.

Active Bonuses are varied in their effects. Many just grant a bonus to the character’s stats. Some give bonuses when certain conditions apply, such as extra damage when the target is knocked prone. Still other bonuses have a chance to trigger when the character uses an at-will, encounter or Daily power.

Look through your companions and decide which ones will be in your Active Slots based on the bonuses that they give. Please give us any feedback or questions on this system in this thread. I will be reading all of your posts.
Post edited by graalx3 on

Comments

• Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    • +Gain the 4th and 5th Slot without any cost
    • +Gain additional effects through Companions
    • -What happens with the players, which already bought her active 4th and 5th slot? Wasted Currency/Money?

I write this before the update is coming, but these points are maybe clear enough to pointed out or?
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1. Will this affect the augmentation companions? Having more than one of the same type/kind will stack?
    2. Will the stats of the companions be something compared to a player character or will we have strikers that deal 80 damage?
    Will the companions upgrade be "enhanced" like you are doing with enchantments?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The 4th and 5th slots will open up at level 30 and 60 without any costs. Those people who previously purchased the slots have all 5 slots available from level 1.

More than one companion of the same kind i.e. multiple Cleric Disciples, can no longer be in an active slot at the same time.

The Active Bonus from each companion increases in effectiveness as the quality of the companion is upgraded.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The 4th and 5th slots will open up at level 30 and 60 without any costs. Those people who previously purchased the slots have all 5 slots available from level 1.

More than one companion of the same kind i.e. multiple Cleric Disciples, can no longer be in an active slot at the same time.

The Active Bonus from each companion increases in effectiveness as the quality of the companion is upgraded.

So my critic is valid in this point. Buying the 4th and 5th slot is a waste of money/AD and only a time reducer. =(
    But thanks for the answer!
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You need to switch out companions so they are account bound.

There will be many fustrated customers when they find out their pets do not work well with the class they have on.

For example, galeb duhr which you must know would be bought by clerics, wizards, TRs maybe and the buff is designed for either of the fighter classes?

These are most likely pay customers so I would consider switching them to account bound. Before you fustrate them/turn them away.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Companions Collection
    1. Forest Hawk - listed but has no Active Bonus.
    2. Phase Spider - listed under the separate Sharandar collection but not present in the Companions Collection.

3. Ioun Stone of Might - listed as a Rare/blue companion but on Live this is an Uncommon/green companion. Has its base rank been changed?

Related to Grimah's point. Prior to this, the Packs have not given any significant direct in-game advantage. But now,

1. they grant a strong gameplay advantage, e.g. the Panther grants 10% damage increase against Prone targets,
    2. these advantages are often inherently most suited to specific classes, e.g. Panther is best for GF since they are the class with the highest knockdowns.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Companion: Phoera and Mystic Phoera
    If you have both Phoera and Mystic Phoera slotted, you only gain the bonus ability of one of them when you are rezzed. Either it needs to give you 2 stacks of the buff, not allow you to slot both, or one of them needs a new bonus.

Since there is now a new advantage to slotting companions, I think the old disadvantage of keeping them idle should go away. Companions should be able to keep equipment on them when they are switched to idle.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Do these bonuses apply during PvP?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    can you use a companion during PVP? speaks for itself i think?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    can you use a companion during PVP? speaks for itself i think?

No, but you can still have them slotted in an active slot. They don't have to be summoned to get their active bonus, just be slotted in an active slot.
  • Options
    mezbitmezbit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cat -25% fall damage
    Really?.......

I took a cat companion over ioun stone because everyone has a stone, and I just wanted something different. I get the idea of flavour.....but -25% fall damage, I can't think of a single part of the game to which this applies.

Fingers crossed the new bosses have an unavoidable throw ability that tosses the party 60ft in the air. Otherwise my beautiful cat is going to bring me the sads.
  • Options
    horizonshardhorizonshard Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Companion saying idle dialogue almost constantly

My companion keeps repeating her idle dialogue while I'm riding from one place to another. It's so often that she sometimes interrupts herself to say something else.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Companion saying idle dialogue almost constantly

My companion keeps repeating her idle dialogue while I'm riding from one place to another. It's so often that she sometimes interrupts herself to say something else.

Consider this the same complaint although maybe not appropriate for this thread. But basically on a mount when you move it seems to, for lack of a better word, 'dismiss' your companion and than resummon them when you stop. Which gets you their summon dialogue every single time. You can hear "Our enemies shall feel divine wrath!" only so many times before going insane. Please change this or allow us the ability to turn off companion dialogue/sounds.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Do these bonuses apply during PvP?

Companions and their active bonuses do not exist during PvP.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Lilend should be added in The Divine and the Abyssal category.
  • Options
    mycillemycille Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited October 2013

Cat -25% fall damage : i'm sad:(. It is a blue companion and i don't think it should grant a bonus so useless..

other thing : will the companions that we get from events (like the skeleton from the masquerade of liars) have bonus as well?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Active Bonus Description: Angel of Protection
    Should say "your total Hit Points" not "total your Hit Points"

Bug: Active Bonus Description: Honey Badger
    Should probably be "when your HP is less than 35%" not "when HP is less than 35%"

Bug: Active Bonus Description: Leprechaun
    resist should probably be capitalized for consistency.

I was hoping for something a bit cooler than just a stat increase for the Portal Hound. What exactly that should be, I don't know.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I was hoping for something a bit cooler than just a stat increase for the Portal Hound. What exactly that should be, I don't know.

I would gladly take your 100 Deflect of your green/Uncommon pet and you can have the "special" bonus of 25% Fall Damage Reduction from 2x of my blue/Rare Cats :/

Seriously, what is going on there compared to the other Augment pets? It's as if the Cat has no bonus at all.
  • Options
    mezbitmezbit Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Lillend 2% heal on daily seems a bit low compared to other purple companions eg: the fire archon which gives 5% dmg on target < 50% health which equates to 1/2 of all attacks.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What are the active/passive bonuses of all the companions? Is there a list somewhere?
  • Options
    lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mezbit wrote: »

Cat -25% fall damage
    Really?.......

I took a cat companion over ioun stone because everyone has a stone, and I just wanted something different. I get the idea of flavour.....but -25% fall damage, I can't think of a single part of the game to which this applies.

Fingers crossed the new bosses have an unavoidable throw ability that tosses the party 60ft in the air. Otherwise my beautiful cat is going to bring me the sads.

+1 i petition against this. this bonus is really ridiculous......
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    What are the active/passive bonuses of all the companions? Is there a list somewhere?

I posted a list here
    Also in the catalog, you can see most companions and therefore can check out their active bonuses.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I feel that the Fire Archon buff is too powerful compared to that of other Active Companions. 5% bonus damage on enemies below 50% health is almost as powerful as Control Wizard's Paragon feat Tempest Magic and equivalent in power to other Paragon feats.

Considering that Fire Archon costs 1000 trade bars (same as Ioun Stone of Might, which is only classed Uncommon in exchange), the bonus should at most be 2% bonus on enemies below 50% health at max level.

Additionally, I feel that there are too few Active Companion bonuses that apply to the summoned Companion. The majority apply to the player. Those that apply to the companion are generally quite lacklustre in comparison too (with exception of the 50% crit severity), which does in no way encourage players to consider having a non-Augment companion as their summoned one.

It would be nice to see the player targeted buffs be generally weaker and more affected by diminishing returns or having only utility/niche effects (such as Cat fall damage reduction, increased incoming health amount etc) and companion buffs improve their survivability/damage output.

This could be achieved by giving them bonuses such as a fixed amount of bonus damage mitigation, damage return/reflection based on damage taken, 50%+ thread reduction etc
  • Options
    oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1 i petition against this. this bonus is really ridiculous......

+1. The maps are corridors. This bonus is useless.
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    +1. The maps are corridors. This bonus is useless.

+0 xD i don't have a cat xD i have a ioun stone of allure *-* +166 life steal and deflection ^^ i hata cats in game ><
  • Options
    krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    mezbit wrote: »

Cat -25% fall damage
    Really?.......

Oh sweet, I have an epic cat. So I get -30% fall damage in a game where fall damage has never been an issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    krinaman wrote: »
    Oh sweet, I have an epic cat. So I get -30% fall damage in a game where fall damage has never been an issue.

50% actually. I upgraded my cat to see what would happen.

Personally I'm not upset that the active bonuses that the augment companions provide is weaker compared to some of the others.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    krinaman wrote: »

LOL. That is a horrible bonus. I think the only place I ever take fall damage is in PE when I jump off things to shorten my trip. I intentionally do it and I do not care about the fall damage.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    50% actually. I upgraded my cat to see what would happen.

Personally I'm not upset that the active bonuses that the augment companions provide is weaker compared to some of the others.

It's not a question of "weaker". The bonus for Cat specifically adds nothing of combat value or gameplay value. It may as well not exist for all the impact it would have on anything. Even the Foundry Stone gives a more useful bonus!

Also, a permanent 3% Stamina/Guard Regeneration is hardly weak, in the case of Ioun Stone of Might. It may be enoguh to make it technically the best augment companion, despite being by far the highest cost Augment.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    It's not a question of "weaker". The bonus for Cat specifically adds nothing of combat value or gameplay value. It may as well not exist for all the impact it would have on anything. Even the Foundry Stone gives a more useful bonus!

Also, a permanent 3% Stamina/Guard Regeneration is hardly weak, in the case of Ioun Stone of Might. It may be enoguh to make it technically the best augment companion, despite being by far the highest cost Augment.

The cat bonus could be changed to "gives you ears and hair while wearing certain hats" and it'd have more game impact than it does currently.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
This discussion has been closed.