test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trolling in Gambit & other content

Devs this is an ongoing issue I have experienced when I run Gambit and other content where acquired loot from the content can be sold in the AH. One player simply does nothing in the run and all the damage they produce in the run is from their companion. Is there a way to implement a auto kick from Gambit and other content if a player at any time has been inactive for 2 minutes consistently: not moving, not using abilities, etc....

These players simply make running Gambit and other similar content frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    What I think is going on in IG is that you get players that get in from RQ and all they care about is the RAD. A Bronze run gets them what they want, but so does a wipe. Apart from any considerations of honor, pride or empathy for your fellow players, they can get their reward without having to do anything for it and also by sandbagging, encourage the other people in the party to vote for Bronze and avoid having to carry them.

I ran RQ skirmishes last night and had that happen. The offending player was perfectly capable of moving to cast a vote but for no other reason.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. You don't have RQ yet. Well the mix of AD seekers and people trying to get gear doesn't improve the situation, rest assured. I never daw these sandbaggers until the RQ, and they always vote leave.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Like @mebengalsfan#9264 I'm a console player and I can confirm that issue as well, way too many afkers in IG, it is absolutely ridiculous and annoying as well.

@terramak @asterdahl

Guys, we need an option to remove those afkers, it is unfair they:

- Simply stand there doing nothing

- Go to character selection screen, get on another toon to do other stuff then come back after ~14 minutes to be present when the last boss dies to claim the rewards. Queue for IG again, rinse and repeat.

- Defeat themselves and release only when the last boss spawns, fight and get the rewards. Queue for IG, rinse and repeat.

IG needs an autokick feature, it should need 2 mins maximum before removing a player.

Farming companion gear is bad enough already, please do something about those afkers.

Oh and suggestion:

Getting gold should be a guaranteed +4 piece of companion gear.

I spammed IG when it first came out and got really lucky as my DC, CW and GF all got the gear they needed. With my CW now having a Sell Sword ready to use and getting my SW to 70 I'm back at running IG for companion gear once again. I noticed gold now at least drops +3 gear vs. the green HAMSTER I use to get all the time. That is better but having to deal with player who are in the 13-16+ IL join and than do nothing at all is quite annoying.

I ran IG on my CW soloing going to silver and I stopped doing that as I am not seeing +4 drop any more from silver. So I now only run with groups but even in preformed groups I find at least one player who is off in space not helping the group complete the content.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Oh, yeah. You don't have RQ yet. Well the mix of AD seekers and people trying to get gear doesn't improve the situation, rest assured. I never daw these sandbaggers until the RQ, and they always vote leave.

I always vote leave. I've seen no difference whatsoever in rewards for bronze to gold. So in my experience it is the difference of doing for 5 minutes or wasting 10 more afterwards.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I frequently vote to leave as well, but I also fight the mobs as I assume you do as well. The problem addressed in the thread is that people aren't fighting, just standing there and letting other players earn their rewards for them. On console, they are trying to leech on gold runs and vote stay. Now on PC, they are just after RAD and vote leave.
  • Options
    pitshade said:

I frequently vote to leave as well, but I also fight the mobs as I assume you do as well. The problem addressed in the thread is that people aren't fighting, just standing there and letting other players earn their rewards for them. On console, they are trying to leech on gold runs and vote stay. Now on PC, they are just after RAD and vote leave.

If they vote leave, ok that works for me as I would get AD and a shot at companion even at bronze. The issue I see mostly is AFK players. They don't vote and there is no way to kick them from the group. I rather deal with less players if a kick is issued than allow a player to receive an award for zero effort in a run.

• Options
    greywynd said:

pitshade said:

I always vote leave. I've seen no difference whatsoever in rewards for bronze to gold. So in my experience it is the difference of doing for 5 minutes or wasting 10 more afterwards.
    Bronze can have green to +3 only. I have not seen a +4 in bronze since the update to Gambit. With gold I see more +4 awarded now than previously and if I do not get a +4 it has always been a +3 as of late. Better than getting a green award with gold. That irked me when I did 10-14 minutes Gambit runs and got green companion gear.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Ppl que up with 6 k IL alts, go AFK or die. They are happy, if there is one decent geared player in their group and vote for stay, hoping for a +4 gear. To be honest, if one or more players are AFK and I have to solo/ duo the content, I tell my party, that I will vote leave and furthermore, that I wont participate any more, if they go for gold. You may call this selfish, but I dont feel inclined, to carry leechers.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    This is the only time I "AFK" - when I am paingiver by far and the others try to "force" me to get gold for them. If the other dps are really low, it may be faster to just wipe then for me alone to get gold for them.

I always vote bronze. It is not worthwhile for me to spend the extra time for the marginal difference in reward between bronze and gold.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    No matter what they do, someones going to lose.

- Force players to do X damage/healing? They will do that and stop, or low level player will fail to meet the threshold and get upset.
    - Kick them if not moving? They will just auto attack or something, using a book and a pen or whatever.
    - Kick from group if DC? will catch some real players.

These are the issues when you lock the best way to get AD behind running dungeons that offer no real challenge.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    asterotg said:

Ppl que up with 6 k IL alts, go AFK or die. They are happy, if there is one decent geared player in their group and vote for stay, hoping for a +4 gear. To be honest, if one or more players are AFK and I have to solo/ duo the content, I tell my party, that I will vote leave and furthermore, that I wont participate any more, if they go for gold. You may call this selfish, but I dont feel inclined, to carry leechers.

This is the only time I "AFK" - when I am paingiver by far and the others try to "force" me to get gold for them. If the other dps are really low, it may be faster to just wipe then for me alone to get gold for them.

I always vote bronze. It is not worthwhile for me to spend the extra time for the marginal difference in reward between bronze and gold.

In both of these situations after we get bronze or silver if it is clear as day that I'm producing the damage I send a group tell asking to leave at bronze or silver, depending upon the group. If the group votes to stay; I will state Best of Luck and leave. Today on my SW I asked to leave at Silver and I was using my Templock build. The group voted to stay. I was producing over 90% of the damage. As much as I wanted gold I simply did not have the time to stick around and get gold with that group. So I left, if I had the time I probably would have stayed.

I don't mind it as much if the players are trying even though their IL is not high enough to get gold. The biggest gripe I have with players in gambit or other skirmishes is when they do nothing and go full on AFK for the full run and end up getting an award for just being in the run. Now if it is a setup run for AFK I have no problem with that, been part of groups that did that in the past but it was pre-planned. Running 100% Q, IMO, you better participate or leave.

As for the random dungeon Q, that is another topic that definitely needs to be revisited by the Devs and fixed. The point of getting extra AD is to help character purchase what they need in the AH; however, if a player does not have an IL high enough to get into all content they will be excluded. I'm sorry but that system is opposite of what is needed to encourage lower IL players to run dungeons to get AD to improve their character. The Random Q system seems setup more for the highest IL players and that is it. That is counter productive if you are trying to raise all players IL in the game.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I was in an IG run tonight with what must be some of the most dumbest players of the game. One guy was AFK at the middle of the platform the entire time. Then he had the nerve to vote "stay" (guess he expected the party to carry him to gold?).

The vote results were 4 stay, and 1 leave. So I don't know who is dumber, the AFK guy blatantly expecting to be carried, or the other two guys who saw one AFK the entire time and still voted to stay (the last guy was a 4K, so I assume he was clueless). I just left. Wasn't even going to waste time trolling them by going AFK myself.
  • Options

I was in an IG run tonight with what must be some of the most dumbest players of the game. One guy was AFK at the middle of the platform the entire time. Then he had the nerve to vote "stay" (guess he expected the party to carry him to gold?).

The vote results were 4 stay, and 1 leave. So I don't know who is dumber, the AFK guy blatantly expecting to be carried, or the other two guys who saw one AFK the entire time and still voted to stay (the last guy was a 4K, so I assume he was clueless). I just left. Wasn't even going to waste time trolling them by going AFK myself.

This is exactly what happens in 90% of my runs. If I was not in the process of changing my summoned companion and trying to obtain rings for my new level 70 character I would not be running it.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Devs this is an ongoing issue I have experienced when I run Gambit and other content where acquired loot from the content can be sold in the AH. One player simply does nothing in the run and all the damage they produce in the run is from their companion. Is there a way to implement a auto kick from Gambit and other content if a player at any time has been inactive for 2 minutes consistently: not moving, not using abilities, etc....

I had an interesting experience yesterday. Ramdom skirmish dropped me in Gambit. I ran over the bridge to trigger the fight, & when the team moved to the arena... I got left behind.

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    15 minutes to wait in order to votekick someone is way too long, especially in the dungeons.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I ran a random skirmish throne and there was 1 guy who was lvl 70 but had an item level of 300. All his gear was the rubbish you get when you do the intro quests. How is someone like that going to contribute? Answer is they aren't. They are just riding coat tails.

Change the setup of random queues.
    If there is 1 boss then it's a skirmish not a dungeon so move kessels and esot into skirmishes.
    Its a Dungeon if it has more than 1 boss.
    For skirmishes allow vote to kick earlier.
    Set minimum item level for skirmishes at a level equal to the gear a player has from levelling to open Sharandar and dread ring to stop camp fire Charlies trolling AD
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    A min IL would be an effective way, to keep the worst freeloaders out of the skirmishes, but it would punish new players, who dont know, how to gear up effective. Furthermore ppl will circumvent min IL by bloating IL with useless, but high IL gear. You wont believe, how many DDs with 10.x IL I have seen with useless tank +5 rings and gear, bc they dont gear, to be effective, but to reach min IL.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    asterotg said:

A min IL would be an effective way, to keep the worst freeloaders out of the skirmishes, but it would punish new players, who dont know, how to gear up effective. Furthermore ppl will circumvent min IL by bloating IL with useless, but high IL gear. You wont believe, how many DDs with 10.x IL I have seen with useless tank +5 rings and gear, bc they dont gear, to be effective, but to reach min IL.

LMAO...forget 10K...I seen plenty of 14-16K player using defensive gear on their characters just to boost their IL.
  • Options
    There are issues with the skirmish, but people adapted to the situation.

I usually find people agreeing prior to entering the skirmish on what level they'll want to achieve. Usually only lvl 70 players are seeking the gold rewards (so far I've only got +4 rings all day long), but on another hand there are many underperforming players in the random skirmish queue who are so fond of continuing the fight even though it's better to stop it due to a bad party composition.

Not enough DPS = Just wipe, really. Saves time for people who actually want to level up or don't want to spend 4 hours doing a skirmish.
    Average DPS = Work with Bronze if you're between levels 20-60.
    Higher DPS = Level 70+Companions equals to pursue Gold. Adjust according to what people ask. Voting is open for everyone.

Actual Companion gear farming = Always, always do it with the guildies or teammates whom you can trust. PUG runs are a waste of time in 95% of cases.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I don't mind agreeing when I RQ but usually if it's RQ it's a vote to leave after first round, I don't see any reason at all why players can't form IGG farm sessions if they want to try their luck with RNG. It's not a difficult skirmish.

AFK'ers on the other hand is an old old issue, Skirmish Events being the worst. You are going to get players who frequently sit at camp site and just claim the reward.
  • Options

I don't mind agreeing when I RQ but usually if it's RQ it's a vote to leave after first round, I don't see any reason at all why players can't form IGG farm sessions if they want to try their luck with RNG. It's not a difficult skirmish.

AFK'ers on the other hand is an old old issue, Skirmish Events being the worst. You are going to get players who frequently sit at camp site and just claim the reward.

Its not. I soloed to gold on my CW prior to bonding being adjusted. With R14 enchantment and primal gear a good DPS could solo the IG without much issue. The only time you may run into some difficulty is with reflect damage.

• Options
    A decent tank or healer should be able to carry a party (of non idiots) through the reflect phase. Temptlock can but has to be careful. Players more accustomed to the role may find it easier than I did but it works as long as you pick your targets well.

An easy way for DPS classes to survive is to just slow down and use At wills. Watching the mobs' for the Icon helps a lot of course.

Even so, I almost always vote leave when doing RQ. A time or two, I have had to warn people that I would quit if they didn't vote leave as I wasn't going to carry them to gold. Seriously, I had a run on TR where I was the only one who didn't die at Silver and someone still voted stay.

Of course if it comes down to it, wiping the instance still gives the RAD so bad players, idiots and griefers can't cause you to lose that.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Its not. I soloed to gold on my CW prior to bonding being adjusted. With R14 enchantment and primal gear a good DPS could solo the IG without much issue. The only time you may run into some difficulty is with reflect damage.

My first IG experience

- Casts an at-will that procs a bejeezus of things.
    - WTF hit me so hard?
    - Casts again.
    - Dies.
    - Bejeezuz'd.
    - GG, restart, wipe.
    True Neutral
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    As of module 13 Companion Gear from IG isn’t going to be BiS, but the new BiS will test your patience~ ;3
  • Options

As of module 13 Companion Gear from IG isn’t going to be BiS, but the new BiS will test your patience~ ;3

New companion gear is coming in mod 13. Cool. Is there a minimum IL to get into it?
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

New companion gear is coming in mod 13. Cool. Is there a minimum IL to get into it?
    Reffering to the new Chult hunt rings from the new hunts mainly Power/Crit n' Power/Armor Pen. c: Though most maybe switching to the Chultan Tiger companion next module which provides a similar bonus to Con/Sell with 3 Offensive, 2x Rings, 1x Neck. -w-
  • Options

Reffering to the new Chult hunt rings from the new hunts mainly Power/Crit n' Power/Armor Pen. c: Though most maybe switching to the Chultan Tiger companion next module which provides a similar bonus to Con/Sell with 3 Offensive, 2x Rings, 1x Neck. -w-
    That is already the case since STK landed. FBI rings were better than the companion +4 rings. That has not changed.

I am all for companions only using companion gear, I do have quite few non-companion gear rings on a few companions for different character and would adjust as needed. Why go through the trouble of creating a skirmish that is designed to help acquire companion gear if we don't even need to use it, such as running the Con Artist with three ring slots.

I'm all for change if it helps bring a bit more balance in the game, even if other feel they are being adjusted and not in their favor. Those players would have the option to run IG and get the needed gear. Yeah I know it takes forever to get +4 gear, but you get the right ones and boy does it feel good.

• Options

You get them from hunts, not treasure maps? I guess that is a good way to get more people to to hunts. I don't go near them with a 10' pole at the moment.
  • Options
    altaiir94altaiir94 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2018

You know what else is frustrating in gambit? Team of 4-8k ILs, who keep voteing yes...
    Have you ever been in 1h+ IGM run?
    I have... They should implement a way to replace the players who vote NO (give 'em rewards, and get new player in, like with Request reinforcements ), or something like that

Post edited by altaiir94 on