test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speculation about Mod 12-B

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited September 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Yes, yes - mod 12 was only released yesterday, and here I am already talking about 12-B.

I am going to assume we will get a mod 12-B, maybe around the beginning of October.

I expect this module to add some minor content - possibly a short storyline leading to new location in Chult (there is certainly room on the map), but the main focus will be on QoL improvements.

Now, 12-B is probably already designed, and parts of it might even be in Internal Alpha testing already, so it might be too late to change anything, but that does not mean I cannot say what I would like to see.

So, here is my QoL wishlist.
  • A "Fashion" tab in the inventory. I don't even bother spending in-game currency on fashion items any more - they just take up too much inventory space.
  • All BtC refinement items replaced with BtA. Players are sick and tired of having to deal with unbound, BtC and BtA versions of the same refinement stones and such. Making all the BtC drops BtA would be a big (and popular) QoL improvement
  • Loadouts improved to allow automatic switching between mount powers. To reduce complexity, this might require that both mounts are already "active". Personally, I would for example like to have my +Crit/+Arpen mount power active in my "solo" loadout and my +Recovery mount power in my "group" loadout.
  • Loadouts improved to allow switching mount insignia bonuses. It it simplifies the coding this could be restricted to just swapping insignia on the mounts you have active - not swapping mounts as such.
  • Loadouts improved to allow automatic swapping of active (non-summoned) companions. I realize that swapping summoned companions introduces a separate problem, as they currently remove their gear when made idle. I would actually like to see that fixed, so I could have multiple companions geared up and ready to swap between idleness and summoned status. However, this would cause an "issue" in that it would give people additional storage space - 3 equipment slots per companion - with my 60 companions I would get 180 additional inventory slots for rings and other gear.
  • Some of the "missing" skirmishes brought back as CTAs.
So, what other (realistic) QoL ideas are on your wishlist?
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Upgrade the professions UI to something more user friendly.

- A way to manage professions across all characters on an account without switching. The loss of the Gateway ia still felt.

- Bigger buttons so tasks can be set faster.

- Remove the confirmation window for claim reward/take reward.

- Claim all button

- Buttons for x2, x3, 'Fill available slots' as appropriate for the profession.

- Ability to set favorite tasks and a "show all/show favorites" toggle.

- Open all menu item for bags

+1 to all of this
    I'm convinced that the interface for crafting was designed to slow us down. The buttons are tiny, the sliders are even smaller, claiming each task has you moving your mouse all over the screen clicking on the tiny buttons. Why do I have to confirm claiming a task? That makes no sense to me, it's not like there is any other option besides claiming it. Anyway, I love all your suggestions!
  • Options
    eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    identify all option for unidentified trash that drops
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    These are items that have been teased or promised* as in the works:
    Better fashion management
    Continuing to make PvP improvements
    Making deflection procs work more logically (there's already a thread in the preview section to gather info)
    TR balancing
    They might actually manage to release that new class they were working on (druid seems the strongest possible candidate)

That's already a lot of stuff to base a B module on, particularly if it includes a one-shot story update like Shroud of Souls too.

I'd be very pleased if it also included:
    Revamp of another of the old dungeons like Throne of Idris (undead, undead, undead, Bela Lugosi's dead)
    Addition of companion upgrade tokens to currencies sharable via account bank
    Call to Arms treatment of remaining skirmishes (Blacklake Terror, Defend the Village, Aberrant Assault)

I'd take more, but I'd be happy with the above.

*Insofar as they can ever promise us anything.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    On the topic of story lines, I am hoping that one will see more of the city of Nyanzaru, there are all these buildings in background and I really want to see whats there.
    Also:
    I hope that Celeste gets cured, I really cannot handle the idea that she will remain undead.

• Options
    dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I'm hoping for the armor enchant rework that was teased when they came out with the weapon one.

Along with reworking the "useless" enchants, if they could give us toggle option on visuals for both armor and weapon enchants, that'd be awesome.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I would love to see a little CW overhaul. We have quite a lot of outdated spells and features :)
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    If we are going for companion tokens sharable in the personal bank, it should also include AD. It would save the whole using the exchange to transfer from one character to another. While not hard to do, it is a bit annoying having to do it that way.
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    +1, that btc-to-bta token mentioned on the state of the game stream is #1 on my wishlist ...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

No rest for us developers I see. Within moments of M12 launch, the whip cracks again. ;)

No rest for the wicked, @noworries#8859

Thing is - we know you are already working on the next mod (which we assume will be "12-B"). What we don't know is its current status - do you have a feature freeze? Is it already in internal Alpha? We also know you are not allowed to tell us, but that does not mean we cannot hope for various things.

So, you get wishlists and feature requests - hopefully some of them will eventually make it into the game, even if it might be too late for the next mod.

If you ask 100 players which new features or additions they would like to see, you will probably get 100 different answers. Some players still hope for a revival of the Foundry - others focus on PvP. Some focus on issues that will affect just about everyone, while others focus on specific things that only affect a small number of players.

Most people don't make suggestions - perhaps because they have reached the conclusion that doing so is pointless, as they get ignored.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I would really like to be able to donate Black Ice (raw + refined) to the stronghold coffer :)

Thank you
    BlackMagi
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Oh my goodness... a token to change BtC to BtA ..... would be welcome!!!!

And @pitshade had all my wish items for the professions... especially a "Collect All" button. Doing it individually 9 times.. it very tedious and very repetitive. When you factor in the that you click once to collect, and then click again to confirm... why? I know what I crafted... :p

Fashion management updates?!?!?!?!?!? :o:open_mouth::love:

YES!!!

Especially if it give us a expanded means of equipping fashion items... now I'm not asking for STO's level of detail here ;)
    .. but something more than just head.. torso... bottom...

• Options
    jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    My QoL wishlist:

Professions changes:
    Collect all option to collect all professions instead of clicking each individually

or

Collect/Restart button to automatically reset that particular task with the same assets/tools

Zen Market:
    Unbind tokens, 2 versions. BtA token 250 zen, BoE 2000 zen. BoE would not work on class artifacts

Seals Vendor:
    Accessories bought with Protector Seals would be account bound

Inventoty:
    BtC Refinement/Marks would get moved to "Useful Items" or its own inventory tab

Refinement:
    The option to auto-refine at the projected odds of successful upgrade. 10% chance would cost 10 Preservation Wards, 5% would cost 20, 3% would cost 33. Can still take your shot at beating RNG, but this option would allow players to buy exactly the number of wards they'll need.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • Options
    eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    legendary mount upgrade token would also be something useful and probably net some hefty profit
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited July 2017

No rest for us developers I see. Within moments of M12 launch, the whip cracks again. ;)

It could be worse :wink: ... Like spending today in a freezing-cold lab trying to integrate software onto flight hardware and leaving the wall with a few more head-shaped dents.

My theory, for what it's worth, goes like this.

Makos is bound in a contract with a devil -- either his father (who we learn is a devil at the end of Svardborg), or whichever devil grants him his warlock powers. The contract is a particularly nasty one -- for every bit of good he adds to the world, he must balance it with a bit of evil.

Payment of his debt, as it were, is redeemable upon death. So, if he does good in one life, upon dying he is returned and must balance it with evil. Failure to do so means the fiend gets his soul.

At the end of his term repaying the fiend, he has a choice: follow his morals and start another cycle of good (which will have to be balanced later) or finally let himself die. However, if his existence has -- at best -- resulted in no change of good over evil, what benevolent god will take him to his rest?

Perhaps there is a clause that lets him get out of repaying the full evil amount if he dies prematurely, but perhaps there are also strict restrictions on *how* (i.e. he can't be careless, foolhardy, suicidal, etc.)

It would be a terrible contract to be bound to but that's what devils do -- bind you to impossible terms. How old is Makos? How long has he been doing this? Centuries? Millennia?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Besides some of the pvp changes, make it so when you receive your vip items it auto gives the enchanted key instead of having to open the bag lol
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    One request: if Throne of Idris should make a return in 12b -- or whenever it does -- please make it even more spooky and atmospheric than the Shard of Night. I love what you did there. It would be even better if enemy spawns (shadows, etc.) were unpredictable. Players should be jumping at every thump, bump, and scream they hear.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Thought of this one the other day whilst making keys: It's super that you can hide completed campaigns but if you're making keys for that particular area you need to show all, create the key and then hide 100% complete again. Would be nice for an always show option on the campaign.

Thanks
    BlackMagi
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    - End all finished profession tasks at once
    - Pre-defined profession sets: start your preferred nine tasks with one (or two) clicks only
    - Open a stack of bags (e.g. refinement bag from professions) all at once.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    jmiller84 said:

Refinement:
    The option to auto-refine at the projected odds of successful upgrade. 10% chance would cost 10 Preservation Wards, 5% would cost 20, 3% would cost 33. Can still take your shot at beating RNG, but this option would allow players to buy exactly the number of wards they'll need.

If the devs plan to be worshipped as Gods, they should implement exactly this. ;-)
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    So far what i would like to see added to game:

- A seal shop added to vip 12
    - Fashion kind of wardrobe to store all in game fashions, i hate to pick just only one fashion to wear every single day

- Mithic armor/weapons were we had to pick shards(like puzzle pieces) from sacred spot blessed by the gods(diety), in order to get these shards(puzzle pieces) we needed to complete a fight Challenge, diety were each diety had a diferent raid/assault/restoration/ward gear for all classes *-*

- sh housing would be good

- get previous gear/weapon transmutes that were removed from game to zen store(armor set bundles) or maze engine campaign shop

etc...
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Beans were spilled during a livestream that PVP will be a heavy focus of 12.5.

@noworries#8859 if you could get the rest of this stuff in that release, that would be great.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min