test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shroud of Souls Coming May 2!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Today we announced that the new release for PC, Shroud of Souls, will be launching on May 2! Stay tuned for upcoming Developer Blogs!

Also, check out our new project: Dev vlogs! These won't be replacing the traditional Developer Blogs but will be more of a supplement :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBgxtpD0cM

If you want to check out more info or discuss Shroud of Souls, head over to our Preview subforum!

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Yarrrr! Well done guys!

giphy.gif​​
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    loboguild said:

Yarrrr! Well done guys!

giphy.gif​​

Hahaha love it!
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Any word on the cost of additional loadouts and if an extra slot is per character or account wide?
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    EDIT: Stupid formating on the phone is not working so deleted everything.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Any word on the cost of additional loadouts and if an extra slot is per character or account wide?

You get the second loadout when the character reaches 30.

Cost, they are keeping mum about thus far.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Nice loadouts, now i can play pvp again lol!!! Switching from dungeon trash to boss is pretty cool too!!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    blog said:

New Lockbox (with the new Celestial Stag Mount)

I really hope they didn't go through having the new legendary mount have +2k recovery +2k regen.
    blog said:

updates to Artifact Weapons!

Wait, what.

edit: :O the stronghold weapons? The way it's phrased makes it sound like artifact weapons are getting a balance pass or something.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I guess an additional set is technically an update, but the phrasing makes it sound like some kind of tweak to the entire system.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I like the ability to swap character builds, but really hoped we could
    hot-swap spells. As a CW I'd like to be able to move from crowd control
    to boss fight without having to frantically bring up screens and hope
    I'm not dead before I get done.

(We are required to be at a campfire and not engaged in a fight, right?)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    I agree that the phrasing is off on the artifact weapons. I'll touch base with the systems designer to verify once more. If I make a clarifying edit to the blog, I'll let you all know too.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    More vlogs please! All updates should have these!
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    OT liking the UI designer :wink:
  • Options
    wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    The vlogs are awesome, more of these please. Talking abt pirates, I role play as one in game and would love a lot more titles related to it (it's been mentioned adding titles ingame doesn't really require a lot of work so plz do it) and more customisation on pirate fashion or maybe even pirate gear ;) , need a hook to go with my pirate coat and an eye patch for the hat. Make it happen oh lord of the mimics.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    I agree with cellabock.

:wink:
  • Options
    mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    More Jules please ;p
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

need a hook to go with my pirate coat and an eye patch for the hat. Make it happen oh lord of the mimics.

One-eyed Greybeard - that would be cool. That's why he's angry right?

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    That puts it at around what - June 27th for the console?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    elfarchelfarch Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    It would be nice if this addition re-enables access to the River District that got cut off not long after it was originally enabled and is still locked out.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So my question once the loadouts are active - if we buy a respec token for a character, will that respec both loadouts?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

So my question once the loadouts are active - if we buy a respec token for a character, will that respec both loadouts?

Honestly, I hope not, because respeccing is enough of a pain I don't want to do it twice. I've been meaning to tinker with this on preview and not getting around to it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    A character respec token will only respec one loadout.
  • Options
    Finally clarified the artifact weapon thing! It was a mixture of miscommunication and use of internal wording vs game facing wording. I spoke with Devs and there are no updates to artifact weapons. The wording was a reference to the item level system changes (preview thread on topic here).

Sorry for the confusion everyone! Blog post has been updated.
  • Options
    That makes a ton more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ertaimertaim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the new ideas that come along.
    But what is the meaning of the stronghold's weapons? It starts with an excess of weapons and equipment, and with the cost of having stronghold weapons a 2% in attributes seems ridiculous, although in party it is 10%.
    Besides that the game begins to need challenges consistent with the variety of equipment you have. A campaign and a dungeon of 3100 Item level is ridiculous, when people have a level item above 4000. It is urgent to carry out a campaign, and dungeons, which are a challenge, otherwise the game is too easy.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    ertaim said:

I like the new ideas that come along.
    But what is the meaning of the stronghold's weapons? It starts with an excess of weapons and equipment, and with the cost of having stronghold weapons a 2% in attributes seems ridiculous, although in party it is 10%.
    Besides that the game begins to need challenges consistent with the variety of equipment you have. A campaign and a dungeon of 3100 Item level is ridiculous, when people have a level item above 4000. It is urgent to carry out a campaign, and dungeons, which are a challenge, otherwise the game is too easy.

Try to remember that a lot of players do not have a 4000 TIL. Most that I know have under 3000. Not a perfect sample size, but still, lots of people out there do not have the time/resources to get a 4K TIL but still want to play the game and do the dungeons.

• Options
    mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Although I have a great Guild and run w them, I enjoy random PUGs. It is the RARE occasion anyone is over 3300...I sit at 4k and do my best as an OP to keep level 2k - low 3ks alive through T2s. I think those that take the time to get on the forum, with strong guilds are just used to seeing 4ks.
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I've had a free respec on my account since mod 6/7or8.. I've never used it mainly because im happy with my char.. With the new loadout however.. Will there be yet another free spec given? trying to decide if I want to use the free respec before or after the loadout release as I learned you only have 1 free respec at a time

• Options
    You won't need a respec to use loadouts, so I don't see why they'd provide one with this build. Your current spec would become the default one and the second will be a blank slate until you assign something.

Neverwinter Census 2017