test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 graphic glitch

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
1/23/17
Tomorrow's maintenance will include a fix for this issue. For more info, please check out the patch notes.

1/19/17
We have identified a fix for this issue and have submitted for internal testing. We do not have an ETA on when the fix will be implemented on live but we are working as fast as possible while doing the proper checks.

1/18/17
We are aware of players experiencing graphic glitches and issues across various instances. We are working on identifying a fix for this and will provide updates when available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• Options
    cannayacannaya Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    On my gwf im having the red message "you are taking damage" even when im afk in moonstone mask. I have try to remove all my companion, all my mount, all my gear, relog, restart, shutdown, wait 2 maintenance, but the problem is still present. When I do my shopping at the AH I can see this very annoying message 10 time a minute. I have contact support and they did forward me here.
  • Options
    bigrong49#7420 bigrong49 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    After completing Dread Forge I made my way to phantasmal fortress as soon as I entered the Underwing my screen started shaking and went black. I was able to access the menu and teleport to protector's enclave but everytime I returned where the area title appears on HUD it repeated the same behavior. Any quest that I have over there will not be complete because of the bug.
  • Options
    sporkspwnsporkspwn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Sea of Moving Ice has gone live and with the update, unsurprisingly NEW BUGS. I don't know how an update for a new area caused the Drowned Shore (and according to my alliance mates, the Thayan campaign area) so buggy, but it's happened. I try to enter through the barrier blocking the water node and get stuck in the barrier where my screen glitches out and I have to defeat myself to get out of the situation, I can use the menu and map but once I try to exit out of them it stays on screen and is very frustrating. The screenshot is from yesterday after the patch went live.
    Today I tried again and the same thing happened but now I can move forward and back a couple times and I'll get unstuck until I move my camera past the barrier or move forward and my camera tries to follow me past the barrier but gets stuck and same thing happens...
    PLEASE FIX THIS!! I need to finish this quest in order to get gear and advance in the Drowned Shore campaign to get my boon and finish elemental evil. Tell you what's evil: A BUG THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM ADVANCING IN THE CAMPAIGN
  • Options
    sporkspwnsporkspwn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Screenshot of the bug: http://imgur.com/a/bk7Ls
  • Options
    yazany7#7462 yazany7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    there is a mission at helm's hold map THE SANATORIUM at the end of it when u reach the stairs the screen just stops i try it many times with 3char and the same
  • Options
    raven1fist#4070 raven1fist Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm in the graveyard doing a questline and neither using the I am stuck or defeat me method works. I'm hoping that reinstalling an older save might work. This is the first problem I've encountered. Hope it is resolved soon.
  • Options
    timbothynz#2156 timbothynz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yip same at Stormfen, fight first 3 guys and then as you enter the zone it freezes and I have no other stuff to do at this stage.
  • Options
    valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hi

I'm on the campaign step, Chapter 4, the Helm of Bruenor Battlehammer. On entering the zone and fighting the first group of mobs, the screen starts to overlap badly, eventually freezing completely.

I've tried re-starting multiple times but the problem is still there, its a shame as I cannot progress the campaign.
  • Options
    geluchi#1897 geluchi Member Posts: 4 New User
    Don't cross the Underwing at Dread Ring. Everytime, getting stuck. Who's gonna give all the injury kits i had to use back?

And pls, quit with the anoying Camera shake feat, i just disabled yesterday, but keeps enabling everytime i enter the game.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I couldn't get into the Underwing in Dreadring

Two of my guildies can't do Neverdeath

The only way we found to get the skipping to stop is to use defeat me - but you still can't cross whatever magical barrier that is.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Same thing here - tried all 3 entrances to the underwing and couldn't get into any of them
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    dimitri949dimitri949 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same with every single person I know. Happens in neverdeath too.
  • Options
    Apparently it also happens in Mt. Hotenow

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There appears to be a correlation with reports of the graphics flipping their hamster and locations where an area transition applies a filter. Someone initially thought it was Shadowfell, but it's also underwater, flames, and probably some other ones I can't visualize at the moment.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tigerdrsk#8993 tigerdrsk Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have to agree with beckylunatic as it seems those areas are the ones that are affected, and I think it also comes into the effect of having that bugged camera shake involved as well. with that feature due to the nature of the filters of certain areas, it seems the camera is constantly shaking or trying to redraw the area due to the added visuals that are normally there.

If you remove camera shaking that might just resolve the issue entirely. I don't see how that was something console players needed as it just increases motion sickness or worse. Personally I think i get the motion sickness with it on and i've barely been able to keep it off when i try to switch characters and it persists to be on even when being saved and exited of being turned off in options.

I don't see anything to boast about why we would need a feature like this when the only thing realistic enough for satisfying shakes is vibration of controllers.

One work around aside defeating yourself in these areas is to use the minimap to move back the way you came. As long as you stay out of filtered areas like underwing the game behaves normally. I was able to test this myself and seemed to work.

Though the problem is certain dungeons that do this and all I can suggest is log out of that specific character and wait over 5 mins for your character to be booted back to an area or enclave and it should be normal again. That is if you don't have vip to escape.
  • Options
    drakenaar#3485 drakenaar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also had the same problem in Fireguard Fortess quest. Is there a way to fix it???
  • Options
    snodgey#6954 snodgey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    valkos said:

Hi

I'm on the campaign step, Chapter 4, the Helm of Bruenor Battlehammer. On entering the zone and fighting the first group of mobs, the screen starts to overlap badly, eventually freezing completely.

I've tried re-starting multiple times but the problem is still there, its a shame as I cannot progress the campaign.

I feel your pain, I also got this one - I even tried fighting through it by using mini map and bashing the buttons to kills mobs, which worked until I get to "face" Candelaria - because I can't see her I eventually die. I'll just have to start the elemental evil campaign.

I know the above sounds desperate but had it happen a couple of times since the patch and the previous few times I managed to get through the glitched part of the map - it seems on this quest the whole map is fooked.
  • Options
    muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Same issue in Dread Ring.
    You can view what I recorded in Dread Ring here
  • Options
    burner73burner73 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    im having the same problem at opening the way quest line i would hope you fix this soon before the quest line is unuseable to me because leveling fast
  • Options
    nachoguy94nachoguy94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just ran into this one as well. I sent in a support ticket. I really hope they pluck my character out of Evernight/Shadowfell zone so I can at least do other stuff. I literally can't exit the zone since I tried doing the quest blind and it closes off the portal you could normally use to leave.
  • Options
    couze#3673 couze Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have been helping players all day with this quest. While it is not a fix, a work around involves using the minimap to guide yourself to the seals and shadowlock. After that the treasure is at coordinates (442, 516). Hope this helps until we get a fix.
  • Options
    valkosvalkos Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hi

When entering this instance, the game starts overwriting immediately and freezes, nothing seems to work to stop this.
  • Options
    niiz#0599 niiz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here screen acts weird cannot continue quest
  • Options
    rodrigozeba1rodrigozeba1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Dread Ring is unplayable. Bug, bugs every where. The screen freezes, mob names repeting, etc
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Screen shakes bad, hud smudges screen becomes pixelated can't move or see enemies. Just a whole lot of broken. Just in the underwing area
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I didn't see this post when I made mine a moment ago but yes. Same issue, across all instances happening to multiple players.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    satanusx#5588 satanusx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Mine is happening at Mount Hotenow in Fireguard Fortress. I can't even fight the first 3 fire archons that show up without the glitch happening. Thankfully the "Defeat Me" option works but I end up wasting Injury Kits, so I have to put that campaign on hold. :(
  • Options
    drno718#7904 drno718 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    When I try to do the Neverdeath quest 'Opening The Way' I get stuck after going thru the portal and trying to move into the Shadowfell area. The video seems to stick and not redraw properly. The image shakes, darkens, and freezes. I loose control of my character and have to log out or use my VIP signpost to get out of the area.
This discussion has been closed.