Don't mess with my emotions. ;)

The web link doesn't exist.

Need more details please.
Main: Syndul The Slick - MI Saboteur

Comments

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    It's official.

Kudos to those smart enough to foresee the necessity of such a queue in a competitive environment ever since the introduction of matchmaking. I severely hope such a queue will ignore guild affiliations and friends lists.

Incoming: "But we wanna play with our pals......................"​​
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMGOMG OMG

premades, cry me a river, go ahead

cant wait to meet so many of them there))))

rise of pugs is here :D
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    definitely nice ! pugs slayers are not going to be happy
  • Options
    drackonautdrackonaut Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    PC only :(
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    FINALLy now premades will have their boring matches alone. gift of faith lions gift of faith lions gift of faith lion gift of faith lions.
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    This should be done on all platforms as im sure the data will be very different on each.
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Q syncing solo q's in 5,4,3,2,1
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Finally I can honestly say 'Way to go devs'
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I honestly don't understand the hype about this:

- BiS player will still carry teams and be immortal against undergeared teams.

- Matchmaking is not properly working

- gear gap still there

Additionally, when I solo que'd in the past, I hardly met any full premades. Round about 1-2 per 10 matches. Maybe just lucky or playing in the right timezone =D

Do you instantly dislike thngs you dont understand? Your vote on the solo q poll was 'No' and from what you're saying now it seems the only argumentation for that 'No' is the fact you dont understand the solo q appeal? Its OK man, you dont have to understand it. Keep your premades - the current q is not going anywhere or q solo and risk losing. In any case live and let live.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    All I can say is vote kick in pvp ruins gameplay, because people spam kick others and our screens are locked with the pop ups... please change how vote kick works... don't make it so we cannot attack defend or move when vote kick options take place.

Make vote kick chat box based... shift y is vote yes shift n is vote no.... no more pop ups!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Also all it takes is one bis player to kill the entire non bis team of players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2016

- gear gap still there

Additionally, when I solo que'd in the past, I hardly met any full premades. Round about 1-2 per 10 matches. Maybe just lucky or playing in the right timezone =D

- If one team can rotate well enough to still cap, a single 4k toon is much easier to deal with than 2-3-4-5 4k toons grouped together

- Matchmaking is not properly working cause nobody except PvP guilds and casuals doing a couple of dailies are doing PvP anymore. Give it a larger population and it will work. We've seen it working during NCL. I remember it well.

- Solo queue allows matchmaking to balance compositions too, avoiding things such as 1 team with DC + OP, and 1 team without healers/ protectors

- gear gap still there but let's see. Right now if you have 4k-4k-4k-4k-3k-3k-3k-3k-2k-2k iLvLs, but you've a premade, you easily and often end up with things like:

4k-4k-4k-4k-3k vs 3k-3k-3k-2k-2k or similar composition

With a pure solo queue, matchmaking would form like this:

4k-4k-3k-3k-2k vs 4k-4k-3k-3k-2k

Which one is more balanced?

No matter how you look at it, it's a huge step ahead. Next is increase rewards (such as RAD for wins, rank 6-7 enchants for top scorers, refining stuff, salvageable stuff for stop scorers instead of useless green-blue pieces) in the solo queue only, and you bring back people, while getting rid of stompers and PvP farmers.

You not experiencing premades might very well be due to time zone or luck. Cause i, on the other side, as a solo queue player, meet half premades and premades of PvP guilds very, very often. Half premades are the rule. 3-4 geared, 3.5k-4k PvP players from guilds AND ALLIANCES are pretty much what you meet 9 times out of 10. full pug vs pug is VERY RARE. In my experience.

Right now, you see a lot of these guys farming PvP pug groups with their half premades/ full premades to get prestige armor.

While it does not solve EVERYTHING, a pure solo queue option is needed without any doubt. It's pure common sense, with good peace of pugstompers and PvP farming groups. Which will still be able to use the normal queue to meet each others for more balanced games. Consider this: with all the pugs in the solo queue, PvP guilds will be able to easily clash in the normal queue.

Be happy!! :):p
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    pando83 said:

- gear gap still there

- If one team can rotate well enough to still cap, a single 4k toon is much easier to deal with than 2-3-4-5 4k toons grouped together

- Matchmaking is not properly working cause nobody except PvP guilds and casuals doing a couple of dailies are doing PvP anymore. Give it a larger population and it will work. We've seen it working during NCL. I remember it well.

- Solo queue allows matchmaking to balance compositions too, avoiding things such as 1 team with DC + OP, and 1 team without healers/ protectors

- gear gap still there but let's see. Right now if you have 4k-4k-4k-4k-3k-3k-3k-3k-2k-2k iLvLs, but you've a premade, you easily and often end up with things like:

4k-4k-4k-4k-3k vs 3k-3k-3k-2k-2k or similar composition

With a pure solo queue, matchmaking would form like this:

4k-4k-3k-3k-2k vs 4k-4k-3k-3k-2k

Which one is more balanced?

No matter how you look at it, it's a huge step ahead. Next is increase rewards (such as RAD for wins, rank 6-7 enchants for top scorers, refining stuff, salvageable stuff for stop scorers instead of useless green-blue pieces) in the solo queue only, and you bring back people, while getting rid of stompers and PvP farmers.

You not experiencing premades might very well be due to time zone or luck. Cause i, on the other side, as a solo queue player, meet half premades and premades of PvP guilds very, very often. Half premades are the rule. 3-4 geared, 3.5k-4k PvP players from guilds AND ALLIANCES are pretty much what you meet 9 times out of 10. full pug vs pug is VERY RARE. In my experience.

Right now, you see a lot of these guys farming PvP pug groups with their half premades/ full premades to get prestige armor.

While it does not solve EVERYTHING, a pure solo queue option is needed without any doubt. It's pure common sense, with good peace of pugstompers and PvP farming groups. Which will still be able to use the normal queue to meet each others for more balanced games. Consider this: with all the pugs in the solo queue, PvP guilds will be able to easily clash in the normal queue.

Be happy!! :):p
    +1 I always enjoyed pugging, to see what kind of teams would be dealt. Even at BIS, one BIS on a team is nothing against any decent pre-made. 3 BIS from the premade will swarm the BIS player and the other 2 will pug stomp. And 2 out of 3 matches are against premades these days.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    pando83 said:

- gear gap still there

Matchmaking is not properly working cause nobody except PvP guilds and casuals doing a couple of dailies are doing PvP anymore. Give it a larger population and it will work. We've seen it working during NCL. I remember it well.
    this, some players just like intentionally ignore this. most nowadays doubters even will say that you next week
  • Options

@emilemo I vote "No" for solo queue because it doesn't solve anything ... read what @macjae wrote.

"In any case live and let live."

Yeah, if that's your motto in PvP as well then I know why you so badly need a solo queue.

Its a step forward and a chance for an overall improvement of the pvp experience as opposed to just sitting still in the same old mess we're in now. Thats all. Are you a proponent of positive change or are you a defender of a broken status quo? Make your choice. As for the other part of your comment, do not presume to know what I may need. You dont know me. Keep your arguments on topic.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

@emilemo I vote "No" for solo queue because it doesn't solve anything ... read what @macjae wrote.

"In any case live and let live."

Yeah, if that's your motto in PvP as well then I know why you so badly need a solo queue.

What macjae wrote is that it's a step forward even if it doesn't solve all the issues. But it will alleviate them a lot.
    Cause single 4k BiS toons are much easier to deal with than a half premade of 3.5k-4k PvP from PvP alliances.

Also: you talk like a bully. You troll emilemo with the typical tone of those bully PvP players. "I see why you SO BADLY NEED a solo queue". There is literally NOTHING you can argue against a solo queue for those who want to do pug vs pug. You can still go for your mixed queue. It's still there for you. And when you don't have a valid argument, you go for the trolling, such as the above statement.
    So what is your problem? That solo players are not forced anymore to queue together with half-premades or premades?

Let's reverse what you wrote: why do you SO BADLY NEED a mixed queue, that you say "no" to a solo queue?

You don't bring not even 1 valid argument. All you "no" guys say is "it doesn't solve all the issues". Which is not an argument at all, and shows only that you have really no valid reason to say that a solo PvP queue should not be in place.
    Macjae, in fact, says it's a good thing. Cause at least it solves some issues, and the big ones i'd say. Cause iLvL difference is still subject to variables like builds and experience, while PvP premades are a 100% sure source of "no game".

I can't wait to have a PvP environment that is not swarmed by half premade of PvP alliances or geared premades of PvP guilds.
    It's the perfect starting point to then solve the other issues, when players cannot actually bypass the matchmaking by forming premades.

• Options
    Another little example: during NCL, i managed to rank 35 despite the obvious lack of gear and bad enchants (soulforged and plaguefire when every BiS toon was rocking a T.Fey-T.Neg combo. I met several times a pretty famous 4k+ PvP GWF who would destroy me 1v1. But my teams won several times even when we started losing. Why? Cause while he kept insulting his team mates, i talked to mine and came up with rotations that could nullify/ contain him.

The ability to adapt and play together with a random team is PvP skill too. Much harder to achieve than pure gear.

Now, if that GWF was in a half premade with his buddies, there would be no game.

So, again, my point: separating premades/ half-premades from solo queue pug groups is much more important than the pure "iLvL difference" thing.

And again, there's literally no valid argument to say no to a solo queue for those who want a pure solo queue PvP.
  • Options
    Am I somehow missing the hordes of people who flock to play pvp every day? Cause I happen to see the same names nearly every time with the occasional 2k-2.5k guys here and there. So what does it mean? Simply put we dont have enough pvp players to really improve the match making system. They tried once and the result was 20 mins to half hour and longer queue timers before a match. Needless to say people werent happy. What is the solution? We cant just make more people play pvp right. Especially not when fresh 2k guys are met with an overwhelming force by known pvp guild premades. I can point @ people but we have to avoid naming and shaming right. People who dont respond to /say and dont respect gg, people who just kill for the heck of it. Last night I asked such a person from the self-proclaimed biggest pvp guild if he thinks his behaviour would encourage the new players to continue playing pvp and you know what I got as a reply? Nothing, silence and he tried to kill my toon too. So there you have it. Considering where we stand, the only solution that has the potential to more or less equalize the parties is to re-distribute the current pvp player base. I cant really explain it in more detail than that.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    pando83 wrote: »
    So, again, my point: separating premades/ half-premades from solo queue pug groups is much more important than the pure "iLvL difference" thing.

Exactly. Unfortunately the devs allow the matchmaking to match players with vastly different ELOs and the only answer to that is population. The solo queue takes care of a fundamental logical flaw in the Leaderboard system.​​
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    pando83 said:

Give it a larger population and it will work. We've seen it working during NCL. I remember it well.

As do I. It was the last time I had fun in PvP.

I so wish they'd bring it back :(

I aim to misbehave
This discussion has been closed.