test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [6/16] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 11:48AM: Maintenance is complete. Welcome to our three-year anniversary!

Update 11:41AM: You can start downloading the patch. Still waiting on a few things before we open up.

Update 9:58AM: Got an update that everything seems to be going smoothly.

Neverwinter will undergo maintenance on 6/16 at 5:30AM PT for roughly 6.5 hours. This is due to an additional network maintenance, which will improve our infrastructures.

Patch notes: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10021013-patch-notes:-nw.62.20160523a.6

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Ah I remember the first one...

postimage
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Just saw this:

[Admin] Attention Adventurers: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 10 minutes. Thank you for playing Neverwinter

Shouldn't we have 2 more hours? It's only 6:24am here on the east coast.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Saw the same message. So it looks like maintenance has been brought forward by two hours....with no warning. Happy I managed to get in my first two invokes on my three characters.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

hustin1 said:

Just saw this:

[Admin] Attention Adventurers: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 10 minutes. Thank you for playing Neverwinter

when you open the game it tells you when it starts, it wasnt moved forward by two hours, pretty easy to stay informed when its right on the opening screen
    Except this is an admin message telling you it was going down several hours ahead of schedule. And people tend to trust those. Seems it's just another standard Cryptic goof.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

hustin1 said:

Just saw this:

when you open the game it tells you when it starts, it wasnt moved forward by two hours, pretty easy to stay informed when its right on the opening screen
    However, when you get the countdown messages in-game telling you that the Shard will be coming down in XX minutes which do you believe ? I played safe and logged out after completing some invokes with 5 minutes to go on the in-game countdown just to be on the safe side. I have since been able to log back in so it looks like the maintenance will be happening at the advertised time but regular players know it can be foolish to ignore the in-game messages....usually :)

Maybe they will give us a surprise 24 hour 50% off sale in the Zen Store by way of an apology for the in-game mistake >:)

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    They don't appologize for fiascos like the Alliances release, much less give out consolation prizes, can't imagine they'd do so for simply putting an admin message out early. Caturday is perhaps the only exception, but that required a server rollback. Plus, that was early on when they were interested in delivering a product their customers liked vs now, where they decide what to deliver in the back room without any meaningful interaction with customers.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    So, in theory, the server is coming down in 5 minutes.. have yet to see an Admin notice... just saying.. lol
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    Okay, 5:30am pacific time has come and gone. Still online..

I think they sent The Andy the wrong memo. ;-)
    header.png
  • Options
    Okay, now it's down. I figured the dude in charge of hitting "reset" had overslept. ;-)
    header.png
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    According to Twitter it's a 6.5 hour maintenance. Reading the patch notes, can't see anything that would account for the length of the downtime. Anything else being added?

Don't get me wrong, it couldn't have happeded at a better time. I'm English and we have a minor football (soccer to the uneducated) match in a bit...
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

According to Twitter it's a 6.5 hour maintenance. Reading the patch notes, can't see anything that would account for the length of the downtime. Anything else being added?

Don't get me wrong, it couldn't have happeded at a better time. I'm English and we have a minor football (soccer to the uneducated) match in a bit...

There's probably physical maintenance to be done on the servers, maybe even replacing a tower, or some other routine and intensive systems check.
  • Options
    brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    Additional network maintenance according to Strumslinger. So going by the past history of Cryptic network maintenance. Servers might be back up and running continuously sometime after about 8.5-9 hours ;) Though we might get some intermittent connection times somewhere around the 6.5-7 hour mark
  • Options

You mean people still watch football here in the UK ? I am surprised to hear that o:) I was going to do some gardening but the British weather looks to have put paid to that idea. Time for a(nother) cup of tea methinks :)

• Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

There's probably physical maintenance to be done on the servers, maybe even replacing a tower, or some other routine and intensive systems check.
    And hopefully an upgrade not just a maintenance in sigtht of ps4 release
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    So I log out due to the 5 minute warning message 2 hours early, realise half an hour later the server hasn't gone down, play for a bit, try to do my crafting/invoking 10 minutes before the actual shutdown time, and 7 minutes early "the server is unavailable at this time". Sort this shambles out.
  • Options
    norianornorianor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hey guys. Is there somewhere a place I can read about the "shedule" of the mainenance? I get back from work happy about the RP event and was planing to play for some hours because I cant come on the rest of the weekend and BAAAM! maintenance for more than 6 hours! It would be nice to plan such things better. *Angry*
  • Options
    brotherhades78brotherhades78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User

So I log out due to the 5 minute warning message 2 hours early, realise half an hour later the server hasn't gone down, play for a bit, try to do my crafting/invoking 10 minutes before the actual shutdown time, and 7 minutes early "the server is unavailable at this time". Sort this shambles out.

They always shut down the login servers early, really sucks when you are trying to get invoking done beforehand and you get all but one before they shut down the login server

• Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

They always shut down the login servers early, really sucks when you are trying to get invoking done beforehand and you get all but one before they shut down the login server

They's actually been a bit better recently, had only been a minute or so before at the worst, 7 mins is too much, I was halfway through my invokes
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    kvet said:

They don't appologize for fiascos like the Alliances release, much less give out consolation prizes, can't imagine they'd do so for simply putting an admin message out early. Caturday is perhaps the only exception, but that required a server rollback. Plus, that was early on when they were interested in delivering a product their customers liked vs now, where they decide what to deliver in the back room without any meaningful interaction with customers.

This, yes, completly agree, Alliance is a complete waste of space, and something that released to hide a lack of content in this game...
  • Options
    @strumslinger ,

Any word on the state of the Foundry? Please? Pretty please?

I miss mine and I'd really like to continue work on the next one.

postimagepostimagepostimage
  • Options
    thesilence#0745 thesilence Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    With all this down time what will I do until 4:30am when its supposed to go back up?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

With all this down time what will I do until 4:30am when its supposed to go back up?

I would suggest perhaps taking a nap....

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

kvet said:

This, yes, completly agree, Alliance is a complete waste of space, and something that released to hide a lack of content in this game...
    The game is in a far better position to retain players now with alliances than it was before. small guilds can at least band together to do DF where as before they would be stuck doing 1 dragon forever. Alliances could have been much better done, but we have it now and that is only a good thing.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    Alliances were a much needed addition to the game. The smaller guilds will recieve a much needed boost from their helm guilds once the helm guilds max out. Plus you get a larger group to make trusted premade parties from. Win-win for everyone.
  • Options
    @strumslinger ... FYI, the game still crashes by clicking on the Stronghold tab in the "G" screen.
    header.png
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

@strumslinger ... FYI, the game still crashes by clicking on the Stronghold tab in the "G" screen.

Yup, we actually fixed it, but as it goes, another appears!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger