test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Profession Tools

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
On paper, adding legendary profession tools to the lockbox pack could make masterwork professions more accessible, decreasing the failure rates.

In practice so far, I see nothing posted to the AH. This indicates one of:
Legendary tools are such a rare drop as to be nonexistent and therefore irrelevant.
All legendary tools are currently flagged as unsearchable.
Legendary tools bind on pickup.
Earlybird lockbox openers are only selling the component boxes unopened.

But let's say there will be some supply of legendary tools from here on. On that assumption, I have a couple of observation/suggestions.

A. The better Cryptic makes the lockbox profession packs (which are positive changes), the worse the value of your Zen market profession packs are. Take a hard look at what you get for your Zen compared to a lockbox pack which is typically one of the lesser prizes and therefore goes for less than the cost of a single key if you run the exchange numbers. It's awful. 1600 Zen and *might* get an epic asset (but probably not), vs. get an epic item for sure and fairly likely more than one, for the equivalent of 48 Zen by my figuring as of this moment? If you want the Zen market profession packs to be worth buying, you need to totally revamp them. Add a chance for legendary tools, rejig the drop chances of other assets to weight more heavily towards higher quality items, and dump the common and uncommon resources entirely because making people pay real money for them is a sick joke.

B. I want to see profession tasks that support mashing your epic tools into legendary ones. I'm fine with balancing it out by making each legendary asset upgrade task require rank 25 in the profession and take multiple days, and in fact I think it both restrictions would function to support people who are interesting in crafting and deter direct profiteering. Acquiring epic assets was never completely limited to the whims of RNG, even though they came with a very high pricetag in days of yore. If we're going to have legendary tools in the game, they should be fully integrated into the profession system the way upgrade tasks for other tools were.

@asterdahl @rgutscheradev My dear profession systems designers.
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I am throwing my support behind this. Legendary tools are a nifty idea and all, but it seems they have the drop rate of the purple Gond artifact from the last box (which was stupid low, lower than the drop rate of the legendary mount).

Devs, if you want masterworks to see a higher adoption rate you need to provide the tools at a place where players who are not BIS and have a spare 5 mil to drop on a tool exist. Making a profession task to upgrade epic tools into a (BoE) legendary tool is the perfect way to clean up the HUGE excess of purple tools we have (the alchemy event is not a good one for this since the alchemy pet is very very available via the winter event) as well as to get legendary tools into the hands of aspiring crafters. You are going to suck a lot more people into trying masterworks if they know they have a bit better chance at it
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm (with screenshot) that legendary tools are even dropping?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    As a player who has crafted most things for masterwork professions herself - I'm kinda happy about the new legendary tools existing. I do wish however that there was an option for me to make some of the zillion purple assets I've accumulated into legendary ones like the progression of everything else at a 45% quality up from 40% at epic. It would give a 80-90% success rate with masterwork tasks if my math is correct given the purple asset from the artisan quest which still leaves a margin of risk involved. (I have a mythic Forgehammer).

Anyway- I'm crossing my fingers like always. If things are more affordable for everyone I'm glad I was diligent and patient. :D
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    arbitrarityarbitrarity Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Having opened approximately 1500 of the new lockboxes, and all the professions packs that resulted (~200), I haven't seen a single legendary tool, which implies the drop rate is significantly less than 1%. I expect prices in the 30-60m AD range with that drop rate.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Having opened approximately 1500 of the new lockboxes, and all the professions packs that resulted (~200), I haven't seen a single legendary tool, which implies the drop rate is significantly less than 1%. I expect prices in the 30-60m AD range with that drop rate.

Which supports No.1 - something that looks good in theory, but is meaningless due to rarity. Thanks very much for that data.

Dearest devs, all I can say is that as quality of life/lockbox loot improvements go, adding things that are inaccessible to the humble masses doesn't count.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    As someone who bought the epic tools over a long time for all professions when the blue were about 600k AD per one. Not going to fall for this again. This RNG game is tiresome and futile. Like +5 rings, it's something I just not going even try to get unless it's changed.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Can anyone confirm (with screenshot) that legendary tools are even dropping?

A guild mate of mine did some RNG testing on Preview Shard.. out of 120 profession boxes that he got from 800 lock boxes he opened didn't get a single legendary tool to drop.

I also heard that the tooth fairy was hoarding them in santa claus's basement..

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• Options
    I think the drop is broken for legendary tools. No tools in AH and two people reported to have opened like 300 profession bags without a single drop.

@strumslinger @terramak @asterdahl

Can you guys verify that it actually drops?..

• Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well I opened 2000 in preview today and got 1 - actually was in the last box of 50 (I did 50 for 40 times).

In case this wasn't known it increases the % an additional 10% from mithral to 50%.

I put in the preview AH in case anyone wants to check that they do actually exist!

They are called adamantine by the way.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    well. thank you for doing that wilk :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    Not confirmed, but it looks like no Legendary tools are being dropped from the new lockbox.

You cant find any of the tools in AH and nobody I know has gotten one. Two players reported that they opened 150-200 of the Artisan's Professions Pack and no drop at all.

@terramak @strumslinger @asterdahl @panderus

Since this item comes from a lockbox and players pays for it, maybe you could double check this. It could also be that they are BoP or that the AH is not showing them when you search?

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    OMG. They actually drop.

@strumslinger - can we please request for the ability to upgrade the purples to orange? Happy to keep them at 4 to make 1, but make it only at rank 25 and take numerous days.
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    4 for 1? is nothing 25 per one mininum
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

OMG. They actually drop.

@strumslinger - can we please request for the ability to upgrade the purples to orange? Happy to keep them at 4 to make 1, but make it only at rank 25 and take numerous days.

lol.

Mithral tools cost 4k now. They'd probably expect you to use like 50 to make one.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options

OMG. They actually drop.

+1

This please :D. I have all professions at 25 and would love this.

--

• Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    looking at the drop rate of legendary things including tools i would not say that a 4*2k ad epic to legendary will happen anytime soon.
    As much as i would like.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Well, as soon as those tools could be upgraded from purple to legendary, their prices would sky rocket.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rodric75rodric75 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Well, as soon as those tools could be upgraded from purple to legendary, their prices would sky rocket.

And the available stock with very quickly shrink to near zero as the people really interested in this push to get all next level tools.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Cryptic doesn't *want* people to have legendaries and will do everything in their power to make them rare going forward. I think it really got them upset when people got the current stuff orange easier than they wanted, and they have spent a ton of time eliminating the reasons that happened. Legendary Mounts, Rings, and now Tools....they are going to be super rare. I would be SHOCKED if they ever allow an upgrade path from purple to orange.

We shall see. Its not like there has been a clear course set lately either.....afterall, the ZAX on Drider was just changed without warning.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I think this overestimates the number of people interested in getting into crafting. Prices would rise but if having legendary tools was ever so profitable that it would make their prices skyrocket then it would create competition on the items that you use them for. That would drive prices down on crafted items (as would crafters having a higher success rate) so it would discourage people from bothering with crafting. That could in turn make tool prices drop but it's more likely we'd just end up with the problem we had before where there are too many people crafting things to maintain high prices on crafted items.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I would gladly trade 25+ of my Mithral tools for a Legendary version, I wouldn't even mind if it took a week...

But seriously, what a disappointing drop-rate, looks to be even lower than the Forgehammer of Gond...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i never found any "masterwork" recipes, are they extremely hard to get?

i assumed the "Legendary" would be those Post-25th level new cap for 25-30 level crafters someday?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    awesome, thanks, wow, rank 12 to get them? still long way and seem out of reach for my guild and alliances we supported. currently rank 8/9 so far.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Again paid item, I wasted a lot of real money trying to get one of these.

Can we get confirmation what's going on please.
  • Options
    I saw one tool posted for 50m AD. This is clearly another lockbox scam.

"Hey look at this lockbox, it drops legendary tools!"
    And in reality, its near impossible to actually get that drop. Thats very close to false advertising in my eyes. With this low of a drop chance, they might as well not drop at all.