test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeeeething atm! Why is STRONGhold weapons gated behing profession junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
I am not at all happy,

What was the point of throwing in 1 million dollars of AD (combined resources of gems, salvage, AD) into my guild coffers, then run a additional upteem dragonflights..

Great we says to ourselves, SH weapons are almost here! Time to upgrade..

NOPE, nada, never going to happen. WHY are they ALSO behind this armament grind-wall? ARE you kidding me.

This is not at all acceptable.. not one little bit!

Remove the armament need to get these weapons. ITS already ridiculous time /grind gated.

WHERE is the incentive to grind and grind and grind out your strongholds, just to add this on top of it!

This should be changed ASAP.. this weeks patch.

Please for the love of your game, get this fixed.

Comments

• Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    It wouldn't be so bad if it the mastercraft resources were easy to get. For weaponsmithing you first need to create adamant blooms.

These bloom are made from 3x adamant sands. With 3 purples tools (the other purple is new, required and no bonus) you have a 20% chance. So if you were lucky enough to hit the normal percentages you'd need 11 sands per bloom (you get 1 back for a failure). You need to make 12 of these. So you need 121 sands.

Next task, you need to make ingots. it takes two blooms and lacquer. You need 6 of those and you only have a 20% chance to make those. You get 2 sands back on a failure. So that means it takes 10 blooms to make an ingot. But you get back 8 sands. 10 blooms will take 88 - the 8 you get back, so 80 sands per ingot. You need 6 so 480 sands. You are now at 500 sands if you break even with RNG. You also need 5 Dark Lacquerper ingot, so 30 of those.

Thats as far as I got. I don't know how to get Dark Lacquer so I can't continue on preview. I think there will be one more step though after that because my jewelcrafting also has three new materials - nugget, ingot and coin.

I don't yet know how to get cheap sands - they are 20k on the auction house, but there certainly isn't 500 out there. That's about 10 Million AD in just sands. If those sands were about 2K, that would be more reasonable.

Perhaps this new patch with the explorer map will address this problem. But we did work pretty hard getting our Stronghold to 12, it's hard to believe you want us to do more than this.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    To continue my two guildies above, I'll just proceed by posting a scenario I wrote for the guild today about what it looks like if you even try to get the Armaments -

Hi, my name is Oinky, I'm a Holy Crusader, I'm a level 70 TR. I really want the SH weapon set (I read Lia's post and felt like it's the best choice). I saved 50 Fangs, saved up 30k guild marks and leveled Weaponsmithing to 25 (I'm a TR, so it's the right profession for me.) Took me a few days, but I made it and I'm totally ready to get my weapons!

Total cost of green assests + other things to take into account while leveling - ~20k AD

Since we have GH 12, I noticed I have a quest from the NPC near the ward shop (The Artisan), I pressed 'Weaponsmithing' (it actually shows every single profession you have at 25 other than leadership, but since I want my weapons I chose Weaponsmithing).

Dang, this HAMSTER wants 500 Adamantine Weapon Blades and 250 Ebony Weapon Hafts. Well thank god, I have like 100 of each, but I need to get the rest. Hmm, let's see the cost on the AH.

400 Adamantine Weapon Blades - ~144k AD

150 Ebony Weapon Hafts - ~210k AD

(current actual AD prices.)

Looks like I'm going to say goodbye to my next r10 upgrade and buy these. Oh well.

Now that the quest is done, I go back to the NPC and goddammit, he has ANOTHER quest for me. Fine then.

He wants -

1x Gemmed Champion's Elemental Greatsword - Oh, this one's on my rare tasks right now, I'm gonna make it! (I need to get all purple assets for that. Assuming I got 4x Mithral Grindstones since they're the cheapest, I just paid ~120k AD.) I failed twice since it's a 60% chance of success, got it on the third try. Overall loss (including Unified Elements and other resources) - ~60k AD

1x Gemmed Hunter's Elemental Longbow - I'm being lazy, don't want to craft this one. Decided to buy it. ~130k AD

1x Gemmed Guardian's Elemental Longsword - Lia lost has sanity over that HAMSTER for a reason. 7 days and it hasn't appeared on my rare tasks ONCE. It's extremely rare and I can't wait anymore, so I'll buy it. ~300k AD

Finally I'm done with all of it, I returned to the NPC and got a recipe. My armaments are not there, but I now have access to -

gn2CYCE.png

Sigh. After all that (+ my AD wasted), I have another quest from Mr. Artisan.

M3881yG.jpg

Right, so according to the previous recipe I already got, I need 3x Adamant Sand to obtain 1x Adamant Bloom. Since I need 12 Blooms, that would be 12x3 Sands, total of 36. But hey, it's a 20% chance to even get the tier 3 result which is the Bloom, so it's not even guaranteed. So I got some, failed some, eventually made it to 12. I had to buy a total of around 100+ sands. That would ~2m AD

Total AD cost up until this point: ~3m AD

(too lazy to reformat according to vanilla, you'll survive.)
  • Options
    It's the best weapon ONLY if more than 50% of your guildies are getting the set as well. 2% =/= 10% in a full party of set wearers. I can't encourage my guildies to get the weapon with that amount of ridiculousness, it needs a tonedown asap. We already got to 12 with hard work, why all the AD and cluster*** sink behind the weapons now?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Concidering the ammount of grind, AD and time spent fpr this masterwork professions, the results are a little bit lackluster imo. I begun farming the jewelcrafting ingridients, got stuck at the hourly tasks, saw the result in the collection system and thought, well, dont bother with it.

You spent resources or ADs for millions of ADs. Who would buy a ring for 4 million AD? Better to sell the resources and make a few million an the ppl trying to get it done.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Not interested in SH Weapon. Seems the game makers can't stop toying with it.
  • Options
    @strumslinger

I offer the following compromise , but this is EXTREMELY time sensitive to players, decisions have to be made in the next couple of days, I understand its the weekend, but I ask that you respect the players on this one and get back to us as soon as you can, with some open dialogue on this situation.

COMPROMISE suggestion: REMOVE the armament requirement on the 3 costing items you have at the moment, but ADD a 4th with just a ARMAMENT as a purchase option.

What this does for players: Removes the insult to players and guilds, that worked SO hard, with all the time and grind to open up these items and purchase them. IT STOPS the de-valuation of strongholds.

What this does for the Company: Offers a paywall, for those who want to SKIP massive amounts of grind to get their weapon set.

THIS is the best possible solution I can think of, that doesn't demean the players, but still offers the company a way to make money from it.

I formally ask for open dialogue on this at your earliest convenience, but like many mentioned, THIS SET only HAS ANY VALUE if most of the guild takes them. OTHERWISE it is worthless as a weapon set.

I ask for a quick resolution of this issue, as currently stands, NO one is going to bother with this, it makes it from a potentially potent item, to one with LITTLE value and THUS, little worth to pay for.

As players, we really need to support and stand on this issue, even if you had no real plans of getting it, they shouldn't just devalue the grind on a MOD that is only a few months old, it really is quite annoying to have paradigm shifts of these natures. We cannot trust a company that does this sort of thing. WHY or HOW can we actually determine where to spend our money and time, if something like this is plopped on us? Do you see how or why we get so vexed?

Please get back to us.

• Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

As players, we really need to support and stand on this issue, even if you had no real plans of getting it, they shouldn't just devalue the grind on a MOD that is only a few months old, it really is quite annoying to have paradigm shifts of these natures. We cannot trust a company that does this sort of thing. WHY or HOW can we actually determine where to spend our money and time, if something like this is plopped on us? Do you see how or why we get so vexed?

I completely agree here. The Stronghold weapons really aren't any better than the Twisted ones or the new elemental ones except in the case where you actually do have 5 of them in a party ... yet they are much harder to get at the moment. From the sound of it I don't see this changing a lot in the near future. Sure, you may be able to buy the "armament" on the AH at some future point, but at what cost? Will it ever be worth it? Either make the weapon more reasonable to get, or improve its stats so it's worth the effort to get.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    as it would presently stand.. no, not only wouldn't it be worth it.. IT ACTUALY makes those who are working ont he master craft.. never recoup thier cost.

Only a moron will buy a weapon with no intrinsic value! The only way these have any value if they guild decides to get them!

They have to get something changed on this ASAP... i mean within the next few days!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I farm fire particles but think about getting twisted set
    .......SH set .....after reading this thread, i would have laughed for 10min in case the family wouldn't be in place and think I lost my mind :smiley:
    24x160power in PVE vor stacking defence being stomped is also nice
    Not sure if this 25% AP every 30 second will be better than >3k power

They really showed "cochones" implementing this kind of BS, but i guess the rebounce will hit them like a Hammer leaving some "mirroreggs"
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @asterdahl

Can you explain this?

I am confused by the Orange/Legendary Weapon in the picture posted by @rinat114 one of the Stronghold Weapons? It doesn't look like the images I've seen of them at the Dragon Flight Wizard and/or doesn't show any Slots for Offense/Defense...

You get the weapons from the Dragonflight Wizard, once your MP is at 6, you go to him and trade in Guild Marks and Fangs/Banners, etc. Right?

Sorry... Just really confused by the title, and how the information provided leads to a different way to acquire the Stronghold Weapons then what has been indicated beforehand.
    Post edited by kolatmaster on
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Kolat, basically this is how it works - even after you get the 30k marks and 50 fangs, you need to obtain a recipe in order to get the armaments required to purchase the weapon. My post described the first 3 stages to get there. The post above me describes the stages going beyond what I wrote and he's not even done with the quest chain until you get to actually make the armament. The legendary knife on my picture is just a profession asset, probably needed for the Explorer's Guild at some point, it's unrelated to the weapons.

You don't get the weapon from the wizard, you get it from the NPC selling DF armor, talk to him and choose the weapons and see that he requires a class armament in order to purchase the set. A lot has changed since they introduced things on preview months ago. It's much worse now :/
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Would it be a completely ridiculous suggestion, given everything you guys have just pointed out, to maybe help alleviate some of these issues by having these crafting components drop in dungeons?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    'I apologize for my spelling mistakes.. I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I posted this =) ..

That said, this was not at all handled correctly, strongholds is the highest amount of grind ALREADY in the game.. to add another layer to it, is ridiculous.

These are NOT BIS weapons unless we are allowed as a guild to take them. Otherwise they are trash.. twisted will just simply be better for most pve dps builds (ap might be a alternative to some)

This shouldn't be GATE at ALL.. I do not accept that. Masterworks value cannot come from gating the weapons. They can be a ALTERNATIVE path-ing, but not a regular gate on it.

If they do not adjust these .. this week, the entire situation will be a failure, as any guilds that were going to use these, will start making alternative planning instead.

This is exactly the sort of stuff that should at least have a cursory player discussion with a fielding panel of sorts.

So many other games do that, some even have a poll system for major changes like this.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    @silverkelt That's what I'm trying to wrap my head around here. What's the point of the Stronghold weapons?

Anyone who has the resources to create these will have the Twisted Weapons as early as next week, which are arguably just as good as the Stronghold weapons. And they're essentially free.

But people who won't necessarily be able to get the Twisted Weapons or grind for the Elemental ones can't take advantage of the Stronghold weapons either. Assuming someone in a R12 SH guild was kind enough to grind out all the Masterwork Crafting and sell the armaments at a very reasonable price on the AH, the people who would buy them wouldn't have access to the market to trade for the weapons anyway.

So there's essentially no place for them in the game, right? The people who need them have no access to them in any situation. The people who can have access don't need them.

Don't get me wrong, I think they're very neat, and I like the concept of guild weapons improving in guild groups...but for the cost of these? They don't really have a place in the game.

Here's my thoughts. Scrap the Armaments thing all together. Go back to the drawing board on Mastercrafted weapons.

Give the crafters recipes that allow them to create unique weapon sets that are equivalent to Epic Artifact Weapons, with some sort of set bonus. Make the rare components for these weapons drop in dungeons, similar to how it worked back in the day with the Malabog and Valindra weapons. Then you create a niche role for these crafters, making something very powerful and valuable to those who don't want to deal with Artifact weapons, but by allowing the components to drop in dungeons (or other content) you allow players who don't have access to large guilds the ability to gather components to sell on the AH, or trade with someone in exchange for the creation of one of these weapon sets.

But ultimately, you guys know my stance...I feel that crafting should be viewed as a gear alternative path that's largely approachable to the solo player. Not something that's gated behind nearly insurmountable walls that prevent your average player from participating.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Anyone who has the resources to create these will have the Twisted Weapons as early as next week, which are arguably just as good as the Stronghold weapons. And they're essentially free.

This is, essentially, where you're wrong. SH weapons are vastly superior to Twisted weapons if the condition that most guildies (who usually run with one another 99% of the time if the guild is active enough not to force its members to pug) is met. Outgoing damage > bonus damage (via power.) We're talking about 10% outgoing damage which is by far superior to 9.6% bonus damage, they don't scale the same. While the SH weapon caters for all classes, the Twisted weapon appeals to a smaller portion of the playbase based on popular playstyles and builds these days. I worked my HAMSTER off to write a long HAMSTER post for my guildies describing each weapon and presenting the options while conducting a survey, letting them voice their opinions about the weapons and their future choice, since going with the SH weps is a straight up group decision. 83%!!! (assuming we run 2 guilds, both full, 300 people) of them said they're going for the SH weapons. That's an astonishing number. The survey was conducted 2 days prior to Underdark's launch. The 83% are easily explainable - once people realize the majority of their dungeon partners will provide them an added bonus, they will go for it.

A few days passed and the picture has changed, once I figured out the cost I felt obligated to let them know that the SH weapons, as good and dreamy (and BIS) as they are, are not achievable for the average player who runs on a budget and does not invest real money in the game on a regular basis if at all.

The Twisted weps require 40 consistent runs of Epic Demo, 40 keys (!!! so so grindy) and a lottt of spare time. Free? Not entirely. Especially if you refuse to wait 40 days to craft a key after another. My assumption is that most people will resolve into buying at least a few Legendary Dragon Keys to speed up the process. As for the SH weps, people work their HAMSTER off to grind the materials needed for an upgrade, and most guilds on par with the requirements at this point worked extra hard, opened their wallets or had an astonishing man power and ALL that at this point is for two things alone - Boons and SH weapons (post DF armor, assuming everyone got them and they do.) So why shouldn't they be essentially free or at least far less grindy than what it is now? We earned it, we deserve it - we're entitled to get them without them being gated behind insane AD and assets sinks that are not only incredibly time consuming, they get stupidly frustrating and are simply ridiculous.

A total rework of that needs to happen ASAP before people invest their time in farming motes and getting SH weapons will no longer be relevant.

• Options
    @rinat114 Is that for EACH person, or would only one person need to do it for the Guild itself?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i dont even get what i need to do to buy them

lv 12 guild hall? checked
    lv 6 market? checked

then what? im getting so quests for them

more clarity pls. @strumslinger

we already spent much for those base requerments.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

@rinat114 Is that for EACH person, or would only one person need to do it for the Guild itself?

That would be for each person who wants to make armaments, correct. The aramaments themselves should be BOE though, eventually sellable on the AH, but my guess is that the price is going to be extremely high given the time and effort needed to even get them.

and @rayrdan, read the above posts (mine and the one above it), they describe the process of what it takes to get the armaments.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    oh seems like i can level up a new whole stronghold with the ads required to craft those weapons.
    will skip them
  • Options
    rinat114 said:

That would be for each person who wants to make armaments, correct. The aramaments themselves should be BOE though, eventually sellable on the AH, but my guess is that the price is going to be extremely high given the time and effort needed to even get them.

and @rayrdan, read the above posts (mine and the one above it), they describe the process of what it takes to get the armaments.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Imo there is nothing to add to this topic than: forget those weapons.....

Cryptic can keep them in a shedule and bring them to polish once a year out, have fun.
    I would not spend any effort in maxing weaponsmithing nor grinding or spending 3 million AD for a weapon that loses his function in two or three month.
    Noone will be that dumb, sry, but thats far too much

SH rank 12 market rank 6 ok..... again a big disadvantage for small guilds, they will never achieve these weapons because they won´t get rank 12 before next mod

Weaponsmithing rank 25 , that alone was my argument to say: "Keep them" not to talk about 1 Mio rp to farm to get them to legendary.
    But this kind of girnd is just that redicules that i am really amused by reading it .... not harsh, not angry ... just sincerely amused
    and I will follow this thread because i did not read anything else that was that funny for about... a long time in this forum
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

I am not at all happy,

What was the point of throwing in 1 million dollars of AD (combined resources of gems, salvage, AD) into my guild coffers, then run a additional upteem dragonflights..

Great we says to ourselves, SH weapons are almost here! Time to upgrade..

NOPE, nada, never going to happen. WHY are they ALSO behind this armament grind-wall? ARE you kidding me.

This is not at all acceptable.. not one little bit!

Remove the armament need to get these weapons. ITS already ridiculous time /grind gated.

WHERE is the incentive to grind and grind and grind out your strongholds, just to add this on top of it!

This should be changed ASAP.. this weeks patch.

Please for the love of your game, get this fixed.

I didn't know they done it ( it just horrible I agree with u this arment needs to be removed
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Its not just the weapons. The tenacity rings are also gated behind profession stuff.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    I dont mind it having some value.. but NO way should it be for the weapons, we have already put in SO much time and effort over the course of the last few months..

hundreds of thousands of AD each.
    Dozens and DOZENS of stacks of gems.
    dozens and dozens of Salvage probably negating another 2-300k in salvage!
    LET alone the thousands and thousands of trinkets from the wod, sharandar, iwd and dread ring zone.
    PLUS hundreds and hundreds of HEs for influence.

ON TOP of all that individual giving to coffers.. we also have done dragonflight dozens and dozens of times.

WE PAID our grinding price already.. I CANT imagine AT ALL how they think we haven't paid the price.

• Options
    holeypaladinholeypaladin Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    The masterwork profession grind wall is utterly ridiculous. If nothing else the mandatory purple asset should give a 50% boost rather than a 0% boost.
  • Options
    blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I have to agree with everyone of my guild mates above, the professions idea may have worked had the materials dropped from some of the content that we have already been grinding for the last few months. Cryptic forced the guild SH idea on us, killed off many small guilds and ran off friends while they were at it. Then to make the weapons even further gated as they are is just insane. The idea of trading in your old weapon for the new one was a good idea and should have been kept, this new HAMSTER is just that HAMSTER!! Maybe you should have us grind out our mounts from the stable next, how about rank 16 stable gets us a white mount. See how stupid that sounds.