test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Known Issue] Masquerade of Liars, Turn in Issue (Updated!)

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
We're aware there is an issue with many players reaching maximum a turn in of charms for the event, causing the Illusionists to become non-responsive. Our Team is currently investigating and working to resolve the issue. We'll update you here and on Twitter when we know more. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interim.

Update 10/28 @ 11:43am PT

The servers will be going down very shortly to fix the issue. The event will be extended one more day.

Update 10/27 @ 7:14pm PT

Our investigations have turned up potential avenues to resolve the issue, but will require additional testing. We'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Update 10/27 @ 7:00pm PT
zebular said:

On part 1 of today's D&D livestream (at the 2:00 mark), Alex mentioned that the Developers are working on finding a resolve for the Masqurade of Liars token issue and that they are also discussing potentially extending it, but that is still up in the air. We should know more tomorrow on when we'll see a fix for it.

Update 10/27 @ 2:49pm PT

Sorry, we should have posted on the forums earlier. Our team is still digging through information. We'll definitely keep everyone updated as we hear more from the team.

Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Is there a limit to the amount of Charms you can change daily? I can't find anyone else willing to trade them.
  • sigmax#7396 sigmax Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here illusionists are no longer willing to trade is there a limit?
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I have done this on 3 characters.

Begin event , complete initial 3 quests, begin gathering. As soon as I reach a total of 29 tokens in inventory, every illusionist (not just the 5 most recent) loses the ability to be interacted with.

I have tried with 2 level 70's and a low level, same result.

Anyone else? Able to get more than 29 tokens?
    Done some searching on the previous years' event on the PC and they were able to hand in unlimited amounts daily by the looks of it.

Something may be rather broken.
    Yup. Seems to be happening to most.
  • bananacustardbananacustard Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I didn't even get to 29... trying to trade number 15 and none of the npcs will interact with me. Is there any chance this will be fixed do you think, or should I give up now? I wanted a kitty mask :(

• randdothedrowranddothedrow Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am stuck at 29 Masquerade tokens 2 hours into the event. Someone said there is a 29 cap but if so then the event could not be completed in the allotted amount of time. can someone share any info they have about this please?
    Seen a tweet from them - they're currently working on a fix for it.
  • djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    twitter said:

We're looking into the issue where illusionists are not trading with Xbox One players in our Masquerade of Liars event.

What the offical line is on there twitter, so looks like they messed up or will need to extend event then cause some people can only play certain times and its already 3+ hours since its started

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I didn't even get to 29... trying to trade number 15 and none of the npcs will interact with me. Is there any chance this will be fixed do you think, or should I give up now? I wanted a kitty mask :(

It will lock lower if you haven't completed the quests. I had one lock at 24, but it still allowed the final quest turn in that raised it to 29.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    They're currently looking into the issue. Please be patient while they find a resolve. Thanks!

(Moderation Note: Some posts were split from The Masquerade of Liars Arrives! while others merged from a different thread entirely.)
    Post edited by zebular on
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Sorry, we should have posted on the forums earlier. Our team is still digging through information. We'll definitely keep everyone updated as we hear more from the team.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • rewind0225#2219 rewind0225 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The tokens went into overflow bag. I can't move it to empty bag. Also, can't pray do to this or collect v.i.p. dailies.
    Any help would be gladly appreciated.
  • djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User

The tokens went into overflow bag. I can't move it to empty bag. Also, can't pray do to this or collect v.i.p. dailies.

tokens are easy to collect (Unless you a crazy amount already) so maybe if you got only about 10 or less try deleting them. I know is a pain and wasted time ?
  • mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I don't think they will ever extend an event. They had double AD a few months ago, but took the servers down early. I had a bunch of stuff unsalvaged because the game went down and came back up late (after the event ended) and they didn't care.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    Our investigations have turned up potential avenues to resolve the issue, but will require additional testing. We'll let everyone know tomorrow.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• rewind0225#2219 rewind0225 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

tokens are easy to collect (Unless you a crazy amount already) so maybe if you got only about 10 or less try deleting them. I know is a pain and wasted time ?
    Thanks but they can't be deleted. Has anyone else having this issue?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Another win for the devs - lol
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Based on the way the issue is occurring there might as well be multiple issues:
    1) Illusionists not trading with the character after one got 14 tokens from them.
    2) Illusionists not trading with character after a reasonable amount of time has passed (they should probably reset at some point as some other quest objects behave).

P.S. Charms are indeed super-easy to obtain. I've been discarding charms all the time just to find and unlock all the temporary masks. Is this the only kind of random loot one can expect from the pumpkins?

P.P.S The lag in Protector Enclave and even in dungeons was pretty disruptive all the way through 11:00 PST.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    One of the guys I was playing with yesterday made the point when encountering this.
    "This game has more bugs than a swamp" lol
    He has a point :)
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    And now that bug blocks the daily quest #2 completion, which blocks quest #3 acquiring...
    So we are down to 5 tokens a day top.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • razalkunnrazalkunn Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Ive got like 67.
  • hughmannhughmann Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's easy to get Masquerade tokens, Just buy them from the Zen Market, At 100 tokens for $12.50, you can have each mask for $25.00 each and get the Wandering Scarecrow for only $125.00 for a rare companion.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    hughmann said:

It's easy to get Masquerade tokens, Just buy them from the Zen Market, At 100 tokens for $12.50, you can have each mask for $25.00 each and get the Wandering Scarecrow for only $125.00 for a rare companion.

LOL
    I think they missed a zero off the numbers of Masquerade tokens when they set that up :)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Omg is this still not working sigh makes me sad...
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    None of this surprises me. Just a ploy event to take away from what really matter now... HALO 5. Fix your game its boring the hell out of me with all the crashes and stupid excuses. Quit pumping out broken content. What business model is this anyways to always release broken content?
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

None of this surprises me. Just a ploy event to take away from what really matter now... HALO 5. Fix your game its boring the hell out of me with all the crashes and stupid excuses. Quit pumping out broken content. What business model is this anyways to always release broken content?

Profit is the main objective, micro transaction games lack the devoation of a subscription or one time payment game, long as they can go home with some money prioritys will be "release new content before fixing broken and collect that real life zen (i.e money money money)

• bananacustardbananacustard Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Is there an update on this yet? I think we've been pretty patient seeing as it's been 14 hours since the last post from a dev!
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    This event is just a practice run for what the enclave is going to look like next month when all the new games come out. A ghost town!
This discussion has been closed.