test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove daily reward for Foundry missions.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Isnt it funny how people forget that dailys are a grind them selves

lets see there is one where you warp in fix a satalite and then defeat 3 waves or cardys uhmm not much of a grind

another oh go on then

lets see warp in and kill the breen ships attacking the defari kill them all scan a ship report back to the base complete

I could go on for another hour and the btran dont get me started

Now how is this any different from the mission's in the foundry
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    A few missions out of the top 20 are quickies and we should punish everyone and make far fewer people play the Foundry missions? That's not close to the proper way to deal with the situation. Heck, we want more people playing them, not less. We want more ways to advance using the Foundry such as lots of spotlight missions with rewards for the best of the best. The OP was way overblown on the solution to what is barely a problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    Those farming missions can be directly reported by users.
    When you abort a mission, you get to choose if you wish to rate it or report it for a violation.

Farming missions and missions to quickly boost you through content or harvest rewards - none of these are okay. Report them as a violation and we'll take care of them. Should a user re-publish missions which break the rules or have numerous of them, they may even lose the option to publish Foundry Missions altogether.

can you pls elaborate the bold part?

If we would have to report 30 second missions.. how do I report the maker of aid deferi captives? It takes only 30 seconds to complete on FED side for one emblem :D

Seriously... I have made this foundry daily twice since its out and I really dont know why so many ppl complain about what others do to get lousy 3 emblems.. I couldnt care less about other players emblems tbh...

The things I read in here make me wonder about the tolerance of some users... some demanding complet nerfs others question the rating system because not all missions get rated the same way they like/dislike them... :rolleyes:

FED academy for some ethic course this way
    >
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    I should give you a ring when I'm done with my Klingon Foundry mission, I honestly think it has potential to blow people's socks off. ;)
    Send me a mail with the name and I will gladly run through it. :)
    QuanManChu wrote:
    Roach you son of a Targ, how are you my brother from another mother?
    Let tell you the downside to massive FireWine consumption and unisex crew concepts in a military structure............:p j/k
    dorko1 wrote: »
    most of the missions aren't that rough and I recommend the Negas List
    Thanks, I had just heard of the Nagus list and will check it out.
    Seems the Grand Nagus is truelly a master of marketing (having gotten his name already as the catchword for info on good foundry missions)
    Quite possibly all out latinum does belong to him......
    WishStone wrote:
    Hey Roach. :) I spend quite a bit of time in Klingon Lands the last couple of days hunting a new foundry spotlight. There are a LOT of really good Klingon missions made by players, you should check them out!
    I am working in that direction as I continue my catching up on STF's and search for materials/missions to highlight for the future.
    The daily reward is something we put in place to encourage people to check out the missions and give them a reward for taking the time to play and give other players feedback on how to make things better.
    Possibly allow the creators to have a feature that purpossefully removes them form the "Review" criteria and keeps thier "Quick and Easy" missions from cluttering the review tallies.
    Some players merely run the foundry3 just for the emblems and care little for the content. It may be best to let those style of players continue to have thier " get in/get out" missions to a limited degree to move them through quickly, yet seperate them from the ability to clutter the review mechanics.
    A simple, "Check box if you wish to not have your mission reviewable"
    Is such a feature possible?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I have been in hiding in the Klingons darkest reaches of UGC....and I must say......80% of it aint all bad. I was actually against UGC for the very reason of farms and such. Still pleasantly surprised.......I can't try em out fast enough....some are good, some are better, and some.....need to put down the drugs and turn off the Leave it to Beaver re-runs...snorting Ajax might clean you out, but it'll leave you all hollow inside

dont do drugs and create UGC missions mkay...its against the ULA and its just plain wrong......
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't see a lot of quick/grind missions. Besides, people can always keep them a tight secret so they don't show up on any 'Hot' or 'Top' list.

Let's not forget that doing 3 exploration missions can also give 3 emblems, and that these include Aid the Planet (talk to 1 contact,) and 'Scan 5 plants with no opposition' missions. And these also give additional rewards (diplo points, gifts).

So this seems like inventing a problem where there really isn't one.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    Then the mission is "completed," and thus counts toward the daily reward. Point is, if all you can put on your map is "completeable" objectives, then any one-objective mission amounts to a "click to complete." It's not what happens in the mission that is the problem; it's what doesn't happen. If you don't do anything but "click here to exit," then you have a five-second mission you can use to run the daily in no time. People want to make lots of different types of legitimate maps that don't have any goals, or that only have one empty objective, but they can't do that without also making them the functional equivalent of "click to complete."

Yeah, I didn't think that one through lol.

Well, i just read a post somewhere that this could be fixed if the object is put underground or somewhere that isn't reachable.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    xforce007 wrote: »
    The point is - those missions shouldn't be in there and do you want cryptic spending time getting rid of them and policing the system, or working on more content for us?

And just the fact there is 1 mission in there that is JUNK and a cheat is wrong and should be enough to cause any legitimate user concern.

Obviously there is some concern here otherwise this post wouldn't have generated so much feedback in such little time.

- X -

Um, the people creating new content are niot the ones handling the Foundry exploit reports <-- The employees doing that are GMs.

And again, to the OP the wrapper mission isn't really an issue as you can do it what, once every 20 hours? So it's hardly 'massively exploitable' power leveling or quick Emblem grind tool ad nausem. I also think the attention the wrapper mission brings tio the Foundry in general is a good thing overall.

As long as the GMs are able to keep up with and handle the mission violation reports; and the penalty of removing Publishing rights for repeat and egrigious offenders; I think the Foundry will do okay; and the wrapper mission can stay in place..
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I updated the OP - with my final thoughts.. I think this post should just be closed now.. it wont do anymore good.

- X -
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Geoff_484 wrote:
    Well, i just read a post somewhere that this could be fixed if the object is put underground or somewhere that isn't reachable.
    True enough, but that's not an obvious or discoverable feature for authors, and it's going to be confusing for players, even though they'll eventually no doubt just abort to get out. It's also probably impossible to make sure that the author actually pulled this kludge off in a reliable way, without somehow leaving the mission open to possible completion. And even if they do it right, it's not going to provide any useable flag for the system to apply in helping players filter search results to exclude the no-goal missions from their searches.