What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Fun/Chat/Stories

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    To help cut down on AFKers in PVP i have started trying to charge them for pay and display parking.

And some one paid me:) (i ask for the fee twice cos he didnt trade me properly the 1st time :D)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/786/payanddisplay.jpg

LMAO that is sheer genius.

But in fairness, you just internet mugged him :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    To help cut down on AFKers in PVP i have started trying to charge them for pay and display parking.

And some one paid me:) (i ask for the fee twice cos he didnt trade me properly the 1st time :D)

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/786/payanddisplay.jpg

wow.........

that's actually a good idea, if a ship stays stationary for too long, give the player a parking ticket. cryptic, get on it. 10,000EC from the offending player transferred to their team mates ought to be sufficient.

actually...EC is pretty easy to come by, better make it 100,000 to each team mate:D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wow.........

that's actually a good idea, if a ship stays stationary for too long, give the player a parking ticket. cryptic, get on it. 10,000EC from the offending player transferred to their team mates ought to be sufficient.

actually...EC is pretty easy to come by, better make it 100,000 to each team mate:D

And a little graphic of the Police Officer from the JJ movie flying up on his hoverbike (lights flashing) to deliver it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Roach wrote: »
    And a little graphic of the Police Officer from the JJ movie flying up on his hoverbike (lights flashing) to deliver it.

Hahahaha nice one Roach
  • Options
    edited March 2011

this would be epic ^^
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This just in: PvPers want JJ Abrams hoverbike.

... And so even the last non PvP sympathisants will now be up against us.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wow.........

just make sure it's not a carrier making a 180° turn...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Eglar wrote:
    just make sure it's not a carrier making a 180° turn...

That's not the carrier turning, that's the universe rotating around it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Oh gawwdd.... I would be laughing so darn hard -- I would either get the next ticket, or I would finally find the "edge" of the map as my ship slowly wandered that way....
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    gx4th wrote: »
    That's not the carrier turning, that's the universe rotating around it.

Was easier to design this than to actuallu turn the carrier.:p

"Rotate the Universe 90 degrees Bosson Moon. I wish to go left"
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This just in: PvPers want JJ Abrams hoverbike.

... And so even the last non PvP sympathisants will now be up against us.

I am still amazed at how hated that movie is among the fanbase.
    Its deffinately modern in taste and influencing but I liked it and think it will revive the genre yet again.

Gene's brilliance was not in devising Star Trek so much as making the immortal cash cow that never runs dry. A little slowish at times but never dry.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Star Trek is "elevated", "high-minded" and generally at least trying to be intelligent even when it's goofing off or just trying to have an adventure...JJ Trek is the -born out of wedlock- love child of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica dressed up in a Starfleet uniform. It's a good movie for when one wishes to turn off one's brain and munch on a bag of popcorn, while memorized by CGI. I thought it was an hour and a half of fan service gone wrong.

wait....what was this thread about? I got distracted by the mentioning of the unmentionable:p

oh yea! pvp chats...

this one time, me and 4 other KDF got into an arena, turned out there were only 3 feds in there, one when AFK, the other quit, the last one was a good sport though and saw it through to the bitter, shameful end. the second fed had a few choice comments for the KDF before he rage-quit. mostly the usual stuff about us ganging up on him, being OP, feds never get a chance, etc....
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Its deffinately modern in taste and influencing but I liked it and think it will revive the genre yet again..

I liked it! And i'm not afraid to admit it!

Sure, it's more fast moving and "comercial" than previous treks, but hey, so was TNG!

Got to adapt to the other stuff out there to be competitive! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I liked it! And i'm not afraid to admit it!

Sure, it's more fast moving and "comercial" than previous treks, but hey, so was TNG!

Got to adapt to the other stuff out there to be competitive! :)

Hell, I liked it too. I specifically remember that JJ said in an interview that it was going to be a movie everyone could watch and enjoy... not a fan-boy movie. I can't wait for another one. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This guy and his buddy popped pretty easily and repeatedly in their BoPs. Anyone with a clue can tell that I don't do anything all that great and I certainly don't do it alone. So at the end I get a sweet little message coupled with the instant ignore. I asked in OPVP for someone to get him to unignore me so we talk discuss what was going on but it didn't work out well.

Here are a few parts of the "conversation" I had with a wall from earlier this morning.

http://img535.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2011032521130.jpg/

No one likes to be called cheater but if it's gotta happen I feel like it would mean more if it came from someone who actually knew what they were talking about.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    SteveHale wrote: »
    This guy and his buddy popped pretty easily and repeatedly in their BoPs. Anyone with a clue can tell that I don't do anything all that great and I certainly don't do it alone. So at the end I get a sweet little message coupled with the instant ignore. I asked in OPVP for someone to get him to unignore me so we talk discuss what was going on but it didn't work out well.

Here are a few parts of the "conversation" I had with a wall from earlier this morning.

No one likes to be called cheater but if it's gotta happen I feel like it would mean more if it came from someone who actually knew what they were talking about.

Major exploits patched... we can go back to laughing at these types. lol
    You should have just responded with "TARGET HALE" ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Husanak wrote: »
    Major exploits patched... we can go back to laughing at these types. lol
    You should have just responded with "TARGET HALE" ;)

They did....and it didn't work.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2011

At the LOOVE STACK... (cues funky 70's pron music)
    Bown chicky chicky. :D
    Why you have your way with the virgin BoPs?
    Bown Chicky chicky bown bown

I often wondered when rapidly switching power settings was going to be a seen wrongly in pvp. If done fast enough it can give the illusion of being high power in everything at times, even though it does not.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hell I switch power settings on some of my ships, without the EPS console to survive long enough for reinforcements to show up, or to just Murder Someone.

Also, I love the JJ star trek film.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    JJ trek was about 24.67x better than Nemesis.

Loved the movie, great flick
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Three went in. Three came out.
    The Infected will menace the KDF no more.

Had a blast guys, Thanks.:)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Three went in. Three came out.
    The Infected will menace the KDF no more.

Had a blast guys, Thanks.:)

You may have to explain that a little better to our friends and compatriots who did not go on the run with us, Roach, but we were honored to accompany you, and to help you get your Borg Engine... We look forward to doing The Cure and KA!

We went through at least a dozen barrels of bloodwine, telling the tales in the Great Hall, of our epic victory! :D

-Big Red
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    BigRedJedi wrote:

We went through at least a dozen barrels of bloodwine, telling the tales in the Great Hall, of our epic victory! :D

-Big Red

That explains the Headache I have this morning, but how did that BoP get in the Chancellors office?:p
    It was an epic adventure and a great example of what motivated Klingons can do in the face of adversity.
    maH 'oH tlhIngan
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Yeah, the same guy + his buddy added me to ignored after I suggested to them that we should first kill all tac-s in any kind of ships. They began by trying kill Era first - hehe. Several times they left map during the match.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This almost caused me to break my keyboard in a PvP I just did.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2879/555555fo.jpg

Sad thing......he was serious.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Thats about as sad as instructions on a shampoo bottle. :eek:

I hoped you directed him towards STOwiki or some other helpful site.
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Epic!:D Small comfort though....he's not alone,there are many more like him out there.:p
  • Options
    edited April 2011

How do I reply with your quote. What does the button look like? :confused::p
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How do I reply with your quote. What does the button look like? :confused::p

LMAO! :p

And to Roach......normally I do try to help people as much as possible. Ever since I started becoming more active in the forums, I beleive I have posted in every thread asking for PvP advice. Hell, I even tried giving Linty advice even though I know he already knew everything I said :D

Unfortunately though, I beleive this person was way past the point of help. Seriously....how can you make it to VA in this game and not know how to train BOffs?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    wrote:
    LMAO! :p

And to Roach......normally I do try to help people as much as possible. Ever since I started becoming more active in the forums, I beleive I have posted in every thread asking for PvP advice. Hell, I even tried giving Linty advice even though I know he already knew everything I said :D

Unfortunately though, I beleive this person was way past the point of help. Seriously....how can you make it to VA in this game and not know how to train BOffs?
    Yeah, seriously, he should have just read the manual!

Wait a moment...