test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do NOT discharge your ships, the C-Store is broken

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
The C-Store is broken.

If you discharge for one characer your Galaxy X or your Excelsior, or perhaps your Nebula or any other ship previously purchased from the C-Store, you CANNOT get it back again for free.

The C-Store will try to charge you Atari Tokens AGAIN for your previously purchased ship.

With all the new ships being released as well as shuttles, and now the craftable Delta Flyer, we need more free ship slots. But when I discharged the Galaxy X and Excelsior for one of my characters, the C-Store no longer says "Claim Free Item" for either ship, but now wants to charge me 2000 and 1200 Atari Tokens, respectively, or 500 Marks of Exploration at Ship Requisitions for the Excelsior.

So DON'T DISCHARGE YOUR SHIPS until the C-Store is fixed.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes

I have had this problem for a while now not having enough space for the ships/shuttles and getting rid of them only to find i cant reclaim the thing i paid Real money for
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fortunately, someone is on the case already:
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll let the team know and we'll sort out what the problem is as quickly as possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

He posted it Saturday. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fortunately, someone is on the case already:

He posted it Saturday. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Wonder if those of us that did discharge a purchased ship, and actually re-purchased it, if we'll get credit or a refund for it...

Saith?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Shoot the GMs a ticket if this happened to you. We can check in on this. If you previously bought it, you should not have been charged a second time for the same item.

Make sure your ticket gives all needed info: "Previously bought my Supershipclass, discharged, then had to re-buy and it took my tokens, please check into this" <- or words to that effect!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just thought I would add this has been happening even without discharging your C-Store ship. I had purchased a Defiant Retrofit about a month ago on my Tactical captain. The C-Store charged me the 1,200 tokens a second time when I went to claim it for my Engineer. :(

I receieved some emails this morning that my GM ticket has been updated, but I cannot see any details. I am not seeing my Tokens credited back either.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You can purchase ship slots
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange, this isn't happening to me?

Must be only affecting some...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MrJoelieC wrote: »

How about this? I will purchase NOTHING from the C-Store until my previous purchase of account-wide ships is returned to me.

Cryptic is only shooting themselves in the foot with glitches like this.

How do you know that a glitch will not remove your purchased ship slots in the future? Or additional character slots? Or even anything you purchase?

Do you know how many character slots you have? Do you have to track them yourself, and then write tickets anytime something is amiss?

The C-Store has absolutely no separate record or receipt of what you purchase. Previously, the term "purchased" or "already owned" appeared in the C-Store if you, ahem, purchased it.

But I know I purchased the Galaxy X and Excelsior from the C-Store, and now, due to this glitch, there is no record of that in the C-Store. Not good business, Cryptic!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    How about this? I will purchase NOTHING from the C-Store until my previous purchase of account-wide ships is returned to me.

Cryptic is only shooting themselves in the foot with glitches like this.

How do you know that a glitch will not remove your purchased ship slots in the future? Or additional character slots? Or even anything you purchase?

Do you know how many character slots you have? Do you have to track them yourself, and then write tickets anytime something is amiss?

The C-Store has absolutely no separate record or receipt of what you purchase. Previously, the term "purchased" or "already owned" appeared in the C-Store if you, ahem, purchased it.

But I know I purchased the Galaxy X and Excelsior from the C-Store, and now, due to this glitch, there is no record of that in the C-Store. Not good business, Cryptic!!!!

Not true. Cryptic GM's can check your account and check if your account is indeed flagged for these purchases.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Suprised no one yelled "CRYPTIC MONEYGRAB!!!" yet. I personally think this is an "oops" moment.

Honestly though - ick. Nothing like getting dinged multiple times for those ship prices.

Blak
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MrJoelieC wrote: »

Why dont you get a ship slot when you purchase a ship?
    would seem like the most logical thing to do. Kinda like buying the third family sedan, and then needing to make a garage for it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Not true. Cryptic GM's can check your account and check if your account is indeed flagged for these purchases.

Okay, let me clarify:

There's no separate record that the player/purchaser can see.

And the GMs can check my account? When will they? I've been putting in tickets for missing Friend Referral rewards (photonic officer, 400 Atari Points, title: recruiter) for two months, and now this glitch, but all I get are automated responses.

Correction: automated NON-responses.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Does the c-store still try to charge you for the ships in the special unlock part of the c-store?

After you buy items they will go there also.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    Shoot the GMs a ticket if this happened to you. We can check in on this. If you previously bought it, you should not have been charged a second time for the same item.

Make sure your ticket gives all needed info: "Previously bought my Supershipclass, discharged, then had to re-buy and it took my tokens, please check into this" <- or words to that effect!

Whom can we get purchase details from? I want a report that shows what Tokens I spent on what dates for what item.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    sounds like what happening with some of us with the tos skirt.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whom can we get purchase details from? I want a report that shows what Tokens I spent on what dates for what item.

Thank you.

You should get an email for everything you buy on your account.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lusent wrote: »
    You should get an email for everything you buy on your account.

You get an email confirmation when you buy Tokens. You do not get one when you use the Tokens in the store.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I love both the GalaxyX and ExcelsiorR (Although the GalaxyX has been getting more love these days)
    They aren't going anywhere!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whom do we contact to get a complete Token transaction history for our account?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

And when Cryptic (conveniently or otherwise) loses those records? The present case is already an example of not handling that information well. I wish I'd read about this bug before buying the TOS pack.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And when Cryptic (conveniently or otherwise) loses those records? The present case is already an example of not handling that information well. I wish I'd read about this bug before buying the TOS pack.

It's a case of the game being unable to find the record- not necessarily that the records are gone (just the connection). Billing still exists if they're requesting tickets about the issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The problem is you do not have access to a proper accounting of where you spent your Tokens. As a consumer, you have a right to that information. This should be a standard feature with the C-Store. We should not have to be begging for this information from a GM.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Okay, let me clarify:

And the GMs can check my account? When will they? I've been putting in tickets for missing Friend Referral rewards (photonic officer, 400 Atari Points, title: recruiter) for two months, and now this glitch, but all I get are automated responses.

Lucky to even get automated responses in my opinion, Cryptic/Atari customer service is sadly lacking in this regard.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

From the C-Store Transaction History thread on March 7th, page 2:
    WishStone wrote:
    Okay! I just spoke to our Web Magicians.
    Right now, this function is disabled fully on the Star Trek pages because of a few issues that need to be corrected and put in. We're possibly going to see this option first run on the Atari site; then CO, then here on STO. They are working on it and right now there are no plans to stop working on it.
    In other words: Soon(TM). :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Just out of curiosity, are we to pay for previously discharged non-c-store ships out of our energy credits if we change our minds?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Okay, let me clarify:

This doesn't seem right. Are you actually putting in Atari support tickets or doing something else like a bug report or an in game request for GM help? Even if you get some form of automated response you're not happy with, you can always reply to it to escalate it. Other than the day or two waiting for them to get to it, the fix should be near automatic then with only some back and forth possibly required if they miss adding one of the rewards.

I'm just skeptical when someone's claims would indicate that I've been so lucky by receiving the only helpful support personnel every time I've needed help.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    WishStone wrote:

Change the red part to a will not and you will see quite a few happy customers.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Taken from a Dev Post on the issue in the thread I created from Salami_Inferno:
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll let the team know and we'll sort out what the problem is as quickly as possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thead to the issue was moved to here
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=208563&page=3

Although its been 5 days now as far as I know and still not fixed and since it was a paied for transaction they need to get this fixed quickly.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

There is currently no service for this, sorry. As Asakara posted, this is currently how it stands.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    There is currently no service for this, sorry. As Asakara posted, this is currently how it stands.
    There is no service for that, we get it, but is there some way we can Email a DEV/GM, and have them send us a report? It has to be generated SOMEWHERE for you guys to see...
This discussion has been closed.