test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ignorant question about Season 4.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Which month this year is it projected to be released?

So Far, Cryptic have been pretty consistent with releasing a season every four months, so it should be around by April, right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't remember I think I read june or july.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    I don't remember I think I read june or july.

6-7 months between season 3 and 4? I'm starting not to feel so ridiculous about thinking Cryptic might be getting lazy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think it's projected for an early June release.....but you know these Cryptic types.....they are very cryptic.:p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is the latest Engineering report the best thing to go on for an idea about the content of Season 4?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    6-7 months between season 3 and 4? I'm starting not to feel so ridiculous about thinking Cryptic might be getting lazy.

I may be wrong and the post I read may not have been true. I have thought for awhile season four was going to be released in June. So they may bring it out before then.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    its been posted by dstahl that the eta is june- july.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ground combat revamp and Klingon content/costumes/ships.....if they TRIBBLE this up,it's WW3 on the forums.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    SHARKFORCE wrote: »
    Ground combat revamp and Klingon content/costumes/ships.....if they TRIBBLE this up,it's WW3 on the forums.

Just like on any other day then ? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The first war has never ended. Like almost everything else I'm sure it wont live up to the hype it got.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Well... even if they get it right, it's still a laughably small amount of work packaged in a whole season, and there's no reason it should take nearly twice as long to produce so little. :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I personally think the play able content has dropped off to almost nothing. Since they started making the featured episodes.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    I personally think the play able content has dropped off to almost nothing. Since they started making the featured episodes.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Everything "in development" in the engineering report is about cosmetic stuff or improving the ground combat experience.

...This is just pathetic.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They promised us playable content and costumes/ships for a long,long time now.....we needed to be patient.....wait till season 4....

If they don't deliver this time.....why should any of us,Fed or Klingon,believe anything they tell us....ever again?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Everything "in development" in the engineering report is about cosmetic stuff or improving the ground combat experience.

...This is just pathetic.

I totally agree with you on that.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They promised us playable content and costumes/ships for a long,long time now.....we needed to be patient.....wait till season 4....

If they don't deliver this time.....why should any of us,Fed or Klingon,believe anything they tell us....ever again?

I stopped believing them after season two.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow.. this must be what disillusioned believers feel when they embrace atheism.

In five minutes of careful reflection, Cryptic just lost my support. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    I stopped believing them after season two.

They told us they needed time to make it happen....'good thing happen to those who wait' The question most of us have: How much longer?

We can be patient,but our patience is finite.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    They told us they needed time to make it happen....'good thing happen to those who wait' The question most of us have: How much longer?

'Good things happen to those who wait' is just an excuse for incompetence.

The problem with taking too long to produce something is that you run the risk of disappointing everyone because the long development time will get their hopes up because they think you're being productive. See Duke Nukem Forever, as a key example of this. They're finally releasing that game, and it can't possibly live up to 15 years of anticipation over empty promises.

If all we're going to see is a ground combat revamp and more cosmetic TRIBBLE, and it took 7 months to make that, and they can't manage more than a single featured episode series in the same amount of time...

Then the phrase should be "Only garbage somes to those who wait, because someone who takes a long time obviously isn't working hard enough".
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I gave them the benefit of doubt for eight months, that's when mine ran out. I did stop believing what they posted after season two though.

Because they were talking about season two being a smoother release than one. Then they reintroduced a few of the same bugs from season one.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    'Good things happen to those who wait' is just an excuse for incompetence.

The problem with taking too long to produce something is that you run the risk of disappointing everyone because the long development time will get their hopes up because they think you're being productive. See Duke Nukem Forever, as a key example of this. They're finally releasing that game, and it can't possibly live up to 15 years of anticipation over empty promises.

If all we're going to see is a ground combat revamp and more cosmetic TRIBBLE, and it took 7 months to make that, and they can't manage more than a single featured episode series in the same amount of time...

Then the phrase should be "Only garbage somes to those who wait, because someone who takes a long time obviously isn't working hard enough".

To me on the outside looking in. It looks like they are overworked and understaffed.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Englebert wrote:
    To me on the outside looking in. It looks like they are overworked and understaffed.

If their staff levels had dropped sharply late last year, then I'd understand why Season 4 would take so long and offer so little. But if their staff levels haven't changed, then they've simply gotten lazy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Englebert wrote:

This has been the problem from day one.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I hate to say this,

but in the moment cryptic announced the foundry it was clear for me.
    this is the masterpice of outsourcing and if we now start complaing about not enough content (or why the hell season 4 need so long time to be ready and has no content) cryptic can point on the foundry an say: if you want content make it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Season 4 will be the patch that fixes a number of long-standing issues as well as providing many new things to do for players of all levels. Make no mistake, when Season 3 drops, many bugs will be squashed and content improved dramatically. All things come to they who wait, and when Season 2 comes we'll see a vast improvement in the quality of the game.

So let's all eagerly anticipate Season 1, the Miracle Patch that'll turn STO into the fully fledged Trek MMO of our dreams.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lol, this thread rocks. Season 4 will be done when its done. I'm content to wait. Calling the Cryptic development team 'lazy' is just absurd.

And yes, the foundry is and will be a new, sizable source of mission content - from the players. Before foundry came out i seem to recall many players clamoring for it (me as well :) ) and i can't wait til its on holodeck.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    curzon176 wrote: »
    Lol, this thread rocks. Season 4 will be done when its done. I'm content to wait. Calling the Cryptic development team 'lazy' is just absurd.

And yes, the foundry is and will be a new, sizable source of mission content - from the players. Before foundry came out i seem to recall many players clamoring for it (me as well :) ) and i can't wait til its on holodeck.

Lazy? No......but we are tired of being promised a meal from Wolfgang Puck and getting a moldy 3 day old meatball sandwich instead.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well... even if they get it right, it's still a laughably small amount of work packaged in a whole season, and there's no reason it should take nearly twice as long to produce so little. :confused:

you think an entire ground combat revamp is a small thing????
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lazy? No......but we are tired of being promised a meal from Wolfgang Puck and getting a moldy 3 day old meatball sandwich instead.

I'm amazed at how so many in this thread feel entitled to be given everything they want yesterday.

Give it a break folks, if you don't like it leave! Obviously you like something or are looking forward to something otherwise you wouldn't be here right now...

Take a chill pill :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mavrocket wrote:
    I'm amazed at how so many in this thread feel entitled to be given everything they want yesterday.

Give it a break folks, if you don't like it leave! Obviously you like something or are looking forward to something otherwise you wouldn't be here right now...

No....just tired of being told to wait,to have patience,'to leave if I don't like it',"you're just a minority and we don't care".....while the Feds get everything they want yesterday.

And 'take a chill pill'? Are you offering me some illegal substance?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mavrocket wrote:

I don't feel that I'm entitled to everything yesterday. I do feel that my money entitles me to receive what I was promised (see the links in my signature).

The real problem isn't that people are being impatient. The real problem is that people want what they're paying for. If it's ok for me to wait for the content that I want then it should be ok for Cryptic to wait to get my money until they make the content I want available.

Which is why if I paying a monthly sub I would take your advice. I wouldn't complain on the forums, I would unsubscribe and just quietly leave. I'd probably come back in two or three years and check STO out then.

Many of us, myself included, don't have the option to unsubscribe and then come back and check it out later. For at least some of us, hounding Cryptic until they finally make this game into what they said it would be, seems like a constructive use of our time.