Options

ATTN: PVPers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Iamid wrote:
    4. Keep in mind many people enjoy PvE and consider impact on their gameplay style when crafting a suggestion for expanded gameplay.

Well, I agree with everything in your post but this. PvE sucks, it's too easy, and the AI is too lame. You can slot any combination of powers, or even use lower tier vessels, and do just fine at PvE. The AI is in need of a massive makeover, and the biggest issue is that the AI has blinders on until you get within 10KM. Feels fake, and ruins PvE combat IMHO. Once PvE is made to not fail then PvP balance needs to take its effect on PvE into account. Right now it doesn't. No matter what you do everyone will beat the AI, and in that way PvE will always be "balanced".
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Well, I agree with everything in your post but this. PvE sucks, it's too easy, and the AI is too lame. You can slot any combination of powers, or even use lower tier vessels, and do just fine at PvE. The AI is in need of a massive makeover, and the biggest issue is that the AI has blinders on until you get within 10KM. Feels fake, and ruins PvE combat IMHO. Once PvE is made to not fail then PvP balance needs to take its effect on PvE into account. Right now it doesn't. No matter what you do everyone will beat the AI, and in that way PvE will always be "balanced".

To clarify I wasn't just refering to Space combat content. That being said people may want to play a certain style with their ship and massive changes could make that style of play impossible (not just talking replacing a skill here or there, but say removing all engergy drain as an extreme example). They may also enjoy using items which could be disabled if nothing else in PvP play. Be able to do something and having fun doing it aren't the same, and they definately aren't the same from player to player.

However, mostly I was refering to major additions such as Fleet owned stations having minimal impact on a solo PvE player's ability to get gear and enjoy the PvE content. Or better yet suggesting something like Fleet PvE diplomatic/science/logistic stations which could compliment the Fleet PvP stations.

Also, imo (and admittedly not many others), I like ground combat as much as space :D.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    1. Then balance as best as they can based on top Tier Rank (with the understanding this will be an never ending battle).
    I agree that balance needs work, but no matter how much better balanced things get - you are still flying on the same map, fighting according to the same map rules. I think adding new PvP content should now have a higher prioritty than more balance tweaks.

I make an exception for the most recent topic - spam. A new map won't make the spam more fun. But I think there is plenty of fun to be had trying out something new,.

And regarding your 4.
    Unnerf NPCs. Really. Make space combat harder again. The Season 2 balance patches did a lot of good for PvP, but I think they made player ships considerably overpowered compared to NPC vessels.
    NPCs barely use powers, and their damage output cannot really compete to the defensive potential fo most ships. Higher difficulty levels do not majorly change that, they should make everything more tedious. This is not really a request that would make the life of us PvPers considerably better, but it will make it better for people that switch between PvE and PvP. At least people that play at Elite difficulty should have a good sense of what powers are "needed" to survive, even if there is still a host to learn...

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pantheras wrote: »
    PvPers might be a small part of the playerbase but they are the MOST COMITED STO players (Custumers).The fact that they continue playing this game when at the same time they ve recieved no attention whatsoever proves how dedicated they actually are.
    Maybe the devs know this all to well to ignore us.
    We ve become nothing but barking dogs that get pimp slapped to the ground in game and in here.:(

As well as the most knowledgeable regarding the workings of the different abilities..

I mean.. I more or less ignore a nerf post made by a "unknown" player (Az excluded, but then he became known for his nerfposts) at most I spend 30 secs refuting their entire 30 min /rage arguement.
    On the other hand, I pay *very* close attention to any made by an established PvPer
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    honestly, all that has to be done with pvp, is roll back to the system they used up till s 1, who cares if you get the od 5 v 3 when you que up danm near instantly
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pan420 wrote:
    honestly, all that has to be done with pvp, is roll back to the system they used up till s 1, who cares if you get the od 5 v 3 when you que up danm near instantly

spoken like someone who was not there before s1....

Back then we had some REAL unbalanced stuff going on... some things that makes people running with 2 shields look balanced! :p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    woah. I totally missed what happened. I took a break from PvP, and you guys all turn around and launch an assault on the devs?

has this place really fallen apart that much?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    apt.pupil wrote:
    woah. I totally missed what happened. I took a break from PvP, and you guys all turn around and launch an assault on the devs?

has this place really fallen apart that much?
    Without your moderating influence, hell breaks loose fast. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Pan420 wrote:

Ah the season of epic facerolls. where 1-shot kills were regulars in match play. No one from the PvE community would ever queue up even for AFK emblems.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ah the season of epic facerolls. where 1-shot kills were regulars in match play. No one from the PvE community would ever queue up even for AFK emblems.

Heh, but thats when everyone played ground PvP becuase tey didn't like the facerolls in space. Too bad I facerolled them all on the ground too, thus the phrase "lolground".
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    BRING BACK PRECASTING......!!!!! Ooops another place another time. NM :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MajorFury wrote: »
    Well they have brought a lot of this backlash on themselves if you ask me. They have done a terrible job of public relations with the PvP community. The only time we see any type of Dev presence on these boards is when the jackboots come around to close threads and dish out suspensions. We are provided very little in the way of timelines or progress being made in the PvP front. Dstahl has plenty of time to post on the general Discussion forums on topics ranging from "can we get some new underoos to wear on my Fedtard toon" to the all important "How come I cant wander around my ship and take a TRIBBLE in my Captains Quarters?".

I think what you are seeing is a group of paying customers that actually care about the game and see the tremendous potential it has getting fed up. They really are doing a substandard job handling the PvP front from top to bottom right now.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen

Gonna have to agree with Blackjack here ....paying a monthly and not happy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Bluepez wrote:
    Shanty town seems like an addition to me. but im only using commen sense so i could be wroung.

LOL @ shanty town.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think we need to start a new habit and post crucial information, bugs and complains at the start of the week, not towards the week-end.

You have to post on friday so you don't get moderated and booted till monday and everyone has a chance to see what's up.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    wrote:
    You have to post on friday so you don't get moderated and booted till monday and everyone has a chance to see what's up.
    And then you can complain abotu Cryptic taking no action until Monday?

I don't consider that a win-win scenario. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    And then you can complain abotu Cryptic taking no action until Monday?

I don't consider that a win-win scenario. :)

Isn't that part of the joke?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I'll add to the convo is that I hope to god the ground pvp revamp is the next best thing since sliced bread, or we're going to have a real ****storm on our hands...at least if there is enough of the PVPers around for that to happen
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    LOL @ shanty town.

i agree but it is an addtion.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The only thing I'll add to the convo is that I hope to god the ground pvp revamp is the next best thing since sliced bread, or we're going to have a real ****storm on our hands...at least if there is enough of the PVPers around for that to happen

What?! This game has ground PvP, it isn't true unless some one has pictures. :p