test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Packs from C-Store

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited October 2010 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Greetings,

first of all i would like to express that i like the optional bridge packs very much! They are a great way to individulaize your ship and Cryptic is doing a great job with the designs - great stuff. I have bought 2 packs from the Fed-side, the Science Bridge Packs and the 'new' Retrofit Intrepid Pack, both are really awesome designed and very unique/varied in comparison to the 'normal' bridges.

Now comes the part I seriously feel to have been ripped off:

1. 'Compassion' Bridge Pack was bugged right from the start. I bought it and realized they had a texture bug. The screen textures were displayed all over EVERY surface on my bridge. It looked like the 'matrix'. After filing a bug report the bug was adressed and fixed about 2-3 weeks later - not what i consider a speedy response.

2. Retrofit Intrepid Bridge Pack was bought by me about 2 or 3 days after it was released. When i first visited my new bridge, i was very dissapointed. There is a pretty obvious bug, that lets stand all my Bridge officers on their consoles or just let them float in midair, seemingly attached to some small step in the wall.
When i tried to sit down in my Captain's chair, i realized why my bridge crew would rather stand on their console stations rather than try sitting down. The chair is bugged, when u manage to sit, u will float half a metre above the cushion.

Conclusion:
It now has happend 2 times that i bought something completely bugged from c-store. I can't understand this, surely you should have some guy who gives new items a look and test them before they are released on c-store.
On the other hand I begin to seriuosly doubt that u have such a guy... as it seems to be getting a standard procedure for the c-store, to add bugged items.
I fully realize, that bugs are common and can't be avoided entirely, but this case is really something that can be considered a ripp-off. I start believing this to be a deliberate practice. Shouldn't be too hard, to check the things at least once, as those 2 bugs would have been OBVIOUS (even impossible to miss) for the most superficial testing - therefore i can only assume, there has been absolutely no testing.

What i really don't understand, is why you just keep adding stuff that is broken and the community pays REAL money for it to learn it the hard way. Then better not add them at all, at least as they haven't been through quality assurance.

I have filed a bug report on the new bug, but there has not been any response, or even a fix so far. As i see it, I have paid and Cryptic has yet failed to deliver - so PLEASE fix it ASAP!!!

Still hoping for some basic customer service ....

Regards
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So now after a full month, there is still no fix for the intrepid bridge or even a response from CRYPTIC. now i'd really like to get my cryptic points back...
    Also the TNG uniform still does not display the VA rank pins properly.

So dont buy the Retrofit Intrepid Bridge and the TNG uniform set till this is fixed!

regards
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The TNG uniforms do display the pips correctly, so I don't know what you're seeing there
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tell you the truth with the intrepid bridge pack..its not just bug it just isnt that great...looks nothing like the intrepid bridge which i love the proper look of it and because of that i got so excited to see it on the C-Store i bought it without looking at the pictures of it and now i have a bridge which looks like a bit of a mix of intrepid and then the rest looks like the defiant such as the captains chair position
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    FredCasden wrote:
    The TNG uniforms do display the pips correctly, so I don't know what you're seeing there

maybe they display correct at your character, i were at the tailor yesterday - and guess what, they still don't display on mine. the complete frontsection of the collar looks like a black hole, no texture at all...

So i guess they fixed it for some people, not for all - i dont know how this is technically possible, but you can always meet me at a tailor of your choice and have a look if you don't believe me.
    I feel glad for you, when it works on your character - i still have paid real money for it, while the uniform is bugged and i don't even get an answer from cryptic.

And yes, the bridge pack is also still bugged...

regards
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Specifically, the TNG series (as opposed to movie) uniforms do not show VA pips correctly. Lower ranks display fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yes, i want to buy a Bridge pack, but with the bugs they have i batter wait for some time.

And yes, mi TNG uniform dont show VA1 pips..
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Despite a couple of patches and a bug report, the Intrepid bridge is still suffering from broken seats, with bridge officers still standing on the helm chairs. It's a real shame, as the bridge design is really quite nice.

I also still have to demote myself to Rear Admiral if I want pips on my TNG series uniform.

More worryingly, neither of these issues appear on the Engineering Reports.

Given that you are paying extra for this premium content, it would be nice if that content actually worked as intended or expected.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I bought the Intrepid bridge pack, even though I don't fly an Intrepid on any of my characters. Even though it doesn't really look like the actual Voyager bridge, I bought it because it looks really cool. I was planning to use it on my Excelsior refit, but seeing all my bridge officers standing on their seats tuned me off to it very quickly.

Maybe we need some way in game of punishing our BOFF's. Like a brig. Or maybe an agony booth.:D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    as of the last update my bridge works nearly perfect. The crew SITS in their chairs, nobody is hovering! Though sitting in the captains chair still results in hovering above the cushion... anyway - I prefer standing anyway.

So I consider this fixed... guessing that the captain's chair will work with the 'proper sitting in chairs' update..

Now I must say that bridge itself is really lovely - great job there!

regards
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Definitely pleased to see the standing bridge officers fixed. My navigator (left side as you look at the viewscreen) still hovers above the chair, resulting in her hands going through the control panel, but its much better than it was before.

Totally agree about the bridges. They're nice, new bridges. Just a ptiy these bugs crept in.