Options

Please make Orions avalliable for federation

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    There's more than enough room in Canon for an Orion in the federation. Or an Android. Or a Klingon. Or a bajoran before Bajor was in the federation. Or a Cardassian like the one on board the Titan. Or ... so on and so on.

Then by the same token, there is room for a Human to serve the Klingon Empire or a Vulcan to serve in the upcoming Romulan faction.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blodveard wrote: »
    Orions are pirates, and should not be in the Federation....period.

I also don't believe they should be in the Klingon Empire either.

Orions and Nacaussans should be in a neutral faction, along with the Ferengi and various Human traders and smugglers.

Eventuallky I believe STO should have a neutral faction, and NO, Romulans or Cardassians are not neutral. They have a side, their own!

Klingons are Klingons and should NOT be in the Federation....period.

see 2 can play that game
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Then by the same token, there is room for a Human to serve the Klingon Empire or a Vulcan to serve in the upcoming Romulan faction.

Humans in the KDF, most definitely.

The Vulcan in the Romulan faction would be a much harder sell. But if the story's good enough, go for it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I usually would agree with you here, but I think Cryptic is right in reserving certain factions for certain alliances. Also, the Orions are pirates, but if they didn't choose an ally they would have two enemies instead of one, so they had to choose the lesser of the two goods as it were. No offense to any Klingons out there.

What I don't understand is why the Borg didn't choose a side. I expected them to be a choice on the KDF side they weren't. I know the Borg are operatively "sideless" but they aren't stupid.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Klingorion wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why the Borg didn't choose a side. I expected them to be a choice on the KDF side they weren't. I know the Borg are operatively "sideless" but they aren't stupid.

When you get to the B'Tran cluster you find out that the Bord DID choose a side.

They're arming rebels. Admonishing the Feds for infringing on their rights. And digging up artifacts from their third dynasty.

Sorry for the spoilers.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Orions are pirates, and should not be in the Federation....period.

I also don't believe they should be in the Klingon Empire either.

Orions and Nacaussans should be in a neutral faction, along with the Ferengi and various Human traders and smugglers.

Eventuallky I believe STO should have a neutral faction, and NO, Romulans or Cardassians are not neutral. They have a side, their own!

That's all I want. Nothing else. Well, ok, Ferengi should have teeth and correct traits, and Nausicaans need real hair. But other than that, nothing else.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Since many years I like the Orions. Especially the Orion Slave Girls ;)
    I've designed my Alien character like an Orion girl, but in the Info its an Alien and not an Orion. So please Cryptic make the Orion Race be a playable race for the Federation.

And don't forget to implement a function to transform an Alien character to an Orion ;)

Thx!

So, steal even more of the "unique" features of the Klingon side? Next you people are gonna be nagging for the Letheans, Gorn and even the Nausicans for a Fed race. Do you want the bloody ships also while you're at it?

Federation has it's races and the KDF has it's races, period.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    Pretty much, wasn't there an Orion girl in the latest Trek movie if I'm not mistaken?

She was, Uhura was meant to be with her on the same ship but at the last minute she transfered to Enterprise.

She was killed apparently though by Nero when all the fleet was destroyed, unless she got in a pod and escaped.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Ok its a game.... but isnt that a little bit....racial prejudice?
    Why should Orion's not be capable of becomming law abiding citizens rather than pirates?

Correct it is, however it is already much less than it could have been. And racial prejudice? You obviously didn't understand the point I was making otherwise you wouldn't have made such a moronic remark.

The Orions should stay out of the Federation's playable character list as they are already assigned a competeing alliance and have never had any part other than a plainly non-Federation neutral or anti-Federation aggressive stance.

The movie doesn't matter it is an alternative timeline to this anyway. During TOS did the Enterprise have any
    Klingon crew? Romulans? How about Romulan crew in TNG/DS9/Voyager?

I feel it is more about maintaining the integrity of the existing sides than further diluting the universe.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Meynolt wrote: »
    So, steal even more of the "unique" features of the Klingon side? Next you people are gonna be nagging for the Letheans, Gorn and even the Nausicans for a Fed race. Do you want the bloody ships also while you're at it?

Federation has it's races and the KDF has it's races, period.

Oh please, no! Just let my Ferengi join the KDF! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Correct it is, however it is already much less than it could have been. And racial prejudice? You obviously didn't understand the point I was making otherwise you wouldn't have made such a moronic remark.

The Orions should stay out of the Federation's playable character list as they are already assigned a competeing alliance and have never had any part other than a plainly non-Federation neutral or anti-Federation aggressive stance.

The movie doesn't matter it is an alternative timeline to this anyway. During TOS did the Enterprise have any
    Klingon crew? Romulans? How about Romulan crew in TNG/DS9/Voyager?

I feel it is more about maintaining the integrity of the existing sides than further diluting the universe.

No, but TNG and DS9 did have a Klingon.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Actually the reason they are in the klingon faction is because the orions are part of the Klingon Empire, hence they cannot be a neutral faction.

Actually, the Orion Syndicate is allied with the Klingon Empire. The Syndicate is not the government of the Orion people, but a bunch of organized pirates and mercenaries.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ArievDhien wrote:
    Oh please, no! Just let my Ferengi join the KDF! :D

Well we could always use a few new bartenders :P
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This whole Orion thing is stupid, just use the alien creator and colour a humans skin green. It is NOT that hard...and who cares about the seductive trait?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How about Romulan crew in TNG/DS9/Voyager?

Simon Tarses. Who eventually sticks around and in the books becomes CMO of the Aventine, IIRC.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    TomtotheO wrote:
    Actually, the Orion Syndicate is allied with the Klingon Empire.

According to the timeline and the novel, they were conquered by the KDF. Not really allies per se.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    Simon Tarses. Who eventually sticks around and in the books becomes CMO of the Aventine, IIRC.

Lied about being 1/4 Romulan to get into Star Fleet, claimed to be 1/4 Vulcan instead (hence would have been denied if he was Romulan). Also further information about him is non-canon therefore irrelevant. All that is known canon wise is that he lied and it threatened to end his career.

Moot point, try harder.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Orion was a neutral planet in the TOS. In STO as I understand it the heap big chief threw out all the non Orions and sided with the KDF.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Alien Creator.

Live it. Love it. Use it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    One day they should just create a neutral faction that has access to ALL races. The neutral guys can go anywhere and can do exploration and mercenary missions. They can be missions made up like the ones the empire has right now. Their ships could be those generic race ships, ships like Boktians have now. Maybe when they reach captain or rear admiral level, or any neutral equivalent of these, they're offered a mission to switch to one of the major powers, Federation, Klingon Empire and later on the Romulans.

They won't have to chose between tactical, science or engineering, but instead they're all in the privateer career. Which could be a jack of all trades.

If they don't want to join a major power they can remain a neutral traveller and mercenary forerver... or join the Pirate Order... a band of pirates formed by everyone the Orions threw out. Exiled pirates. And then they gain new pirate missions :P. Then they're not neutral to everyone but everyones enemy. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    im going to reply to the OP of this thread .......... NO ! bad fed BAD ! Fed players have been given enough since the games inseption more races , ship varients , ship clases missions ,& fleet opps now you want to convert a faction that serves the klingons so fed can play them , NO ! you want to be an orion go klingon if not quit whineing PLease god fed players now a-days just feel like spoiled petulant children STOP complaining , try being a klingon then see how good you have it

AND IN PASSING ........... NERD RAGE !! !! ! ! ! ! !
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    soon it will be real! :D

get an orion exchange BO per dipl-corps
    and as soon we are possible to promote our BOs to player cptns you have one! :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lied about being 1/4 Romulan to get into Star Fleet, claimed to be 1/4 Vulcan instead (hence would have been denied if he was Romulan). Also further information about him is non-canon therefore irrelevant. All that is known canon wise is that he lied and it threatened to end his career.
    I don't think it was said he would have been denied if he had said his grandparent was romulan. He just didn't want to admit it to anyone. And then he gets caught up in a witch hunt because of it.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    I was about to ask if a planet had to be a member of the Federation to be part of Starfleet, but then I remembered that there are Bajorans in Starfleet and Bajor itself is not part of the Federation.

Still, if the Orions did get added, I personally would like to see the Gorn get added to the Starfleet side as well.

Actually Canon wise the Bajorans have officially joined the Federation.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, Orions are a main enemy of the Federation. It is one of the the things that are currently only found in the KDF. If you want Orions, go play the KDF side, or create on using the alien generator. There have to be some things that one side has that the other doesn't.....
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, Orions are a main enemy of the Federation. It is one of the the things that are currently only found in the KDF. If you want Orions, go play the KDF side, or create on using the alien generator. There have to be some things that one side has that the other doesn't.....

You get Orions and Federation gets PvE content. Fair trade, right? ;-)

As noted, Federation can already have Orions. They're easy to make in the character creator AND the Diplomatic Corps allows for a real Orion BO.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You get Orions and Federation gets PvE content. Fair trade, right? ;-)

As noted, Federation can already have Orions. They're easy to make in the character creator AND the Diplomatic Corps allows for a real Orion BO.

Duh...you can make one...no problem. We might consider it a fair trade should we actually get some T5 refit ships...instead of something that gains us laughs instead of respect (I'm talking about that ugly lionfish).
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Duh...you can make one...no problem. We might consider it a fair trade should we actually get some T5 refit ships...instead of something that gains us laughs instead of respect (I'm talking about that ugly lionfish).

I was joking, FYI. I wouldn't ask you to trade content for space bikinis.

Take a look at my House of Gralmek proposal for an idea to give Klingons corresponding rewards and exchange officers -- and a whole leveling path to boot!

The idea is basically that Arne Darvin himself from "The Trouble with Tribbles" (aka Gralmek) sends you on tweaked versions of all the existing Federation missions as a saboteur the way he was. You can run the mission and you get sabotage side objectives. This gives you Sabotage or Infiltration XP and comparable rewards to the FDC.

Combined with existing Klingon missions, it would shift the balance so that Klingons actually have more missions than the Federation. (Because they get versions of all the Federation ones.)

I'd love to eventually see corresponding Section 31 infiltration missions to allow Federation to run Klingon missions while sabotaging their cross-faction bridge crew but I'd say give the Klingons this first and wait to give the Federation their own system until there is substantially more Klingon content.

That way, you can help balance faction populations. It means Klingons get all Federation content plus side objectives plus Klingon content, making Klingons more desirable to level. Then once Klingons have their own complete and dedicated leveling path, THEN let Federation infiltrate that. More content for everyone but you give Klingons a leg up by letting them infiltrate the Federation first.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was joking, FYI. I wouldn't ask you to trade content for space bikinis.

Take a look at my House of Gralmek proposal for an idea to give Klingons corresponding rewards and exchange officers -- and a whole leveling path to boot!

The idea is basically that Arne Darvin himself from "The Trouble with Tribbles" (aka Gralmek) sends you on tweaked versions of all the existing Federation missions as a saboteur the way he was. You can run the mission and you get sabotage side objectives. This gives you Sabotage or Infiltration XP and comparable rewards to the FDC.

Combined with existing Klingon missions, it would shift the balance so that Klingons actually have more missions than the Federation. (Because they get versions of all the Federation ones.)

I'd love to eventually see corresponding Section 31 infiltration missions to allow Federation to run Klingon missions while sabotaging their cross-faction bridge crew but I'd say give the Klingons this first and wait to give the Federation their own system until there is substantially more Klingon content.

That way, you can help balance faction populations. It means Klingons get all Federation content plus side objectives plus Klingon content, making Klingons more desirable to level. Then once Klingons have their own complete and dedicated leveling path, THEN let Federation infiltrate that. More content for everyone but you give Klingons a leg up by letting them infiltrate the Federation first.

I have already posted and am aware of your proposal...however, you know as well as I do that it will not get enacted.....It seems as though there should only be one faction......as it is apparent that the devs do nothing to improve the KDF...lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Actually Canon wise the Bajorans have officially joined the Federation.
    I'm curious as to when this occurred. According to the game's backstory, yes, Bajor joined the Federation, and I am aware that Bajor joins the Federation in the DS9 Relaunch, but as far as I knew canon (i.e., the tv series and movies) has not had Bajor actually go through with the process.