test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make Orions avalliable for federation

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Since many years I like the Orions. Especially the Orion Slave Girls ;)
I've designed my Alien character like an Orion girl, but in the Info its an Alien and not an Orion. So please Cryptic make the Orion Race be a playable race for the Federation.

And don't forget to implement a function to transform an Alien character to an Orion ;)

Thx!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    You just want the bikini when Cryptic finishes making it. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    edit - never mind, i did not read it correctly the first time
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Orions are pirates, and should not be in the Federation....period.

I also don't believe they should be in the Klingon Empire either.

Orions and Nacaussans should be in a neutral faction, along with the Ferengi and various Human traders and smugglers.

Eventuallky I believe STO should have a neutral faction, and NO, Romulans or Cardassians are not neutral. They have a side, their own!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blodveard wrote: »

Although I agree with you for the most part, I found it intriguing that in JJ's movie, Uhura's roommate at the Academy was an Orion. Curious...:confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actually not all Orion are pirates. In fact, not all pirates in the Orion Syndicate were Orion (barring recent STO events). I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the Orion homeworld is a member of the Federation. So it is entirely feasible to see them in game.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Orions are pirates, and should not be in the Federation....period.!
    Since when did the Federation become a exclusive club that only a select few could join? All Orions aren't pirates and all pirates aren't Orions.

Orions being neutral and playing both sides. I can see that happening.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Since when did the Federation become a exclusive club that only a select few could join? All Orions aren't pirates and all pirates aren't Orions.

Pretty much, wasn't there an Orion girl in the latest Trek movie if I'm not mistaken?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ashki wrote:
    Pretty much, wasn't there an Orion girl in the latest Trek movie if I'm not mistaken?

Yes but.

1) Accoridng to Memory Core Alpha she escaped a life of sexual slavery and is considered an exception.

2) That was in an alternate Timeline/ Universe. The Star Trek of the new movie and series Reboot had it's time line start when Kirk's father was killed in the opening of the movie. Everything from that point foward happens in an alternate time/ reality. This includes the orion girl at Starfleet Academy
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yes but.

1) Accoridng to Memory Core Alpha she escaped a life of sexual slavery and is considered an exception.

2) That was in an alternate Timeline/ Universe. The Star Trek of the new movie and series Reboot had it's time line start when Kirk's father was killed in the opening of the movie. Everything from that point foward happens in an alternate time/ reality. This includes the orion girl at Starfleet Academy

That's true, but weren't there still Orions in Starfleet at one point? I kinda forgot. Besides, for some reason, Cryptic put Trills on the Klingon side. :rolleyes: Not sure why.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There isn't any conclusive evidence that Trill is part of the Federation. It is probable that the Federation bestows citizenship to certain people of a species but it doesn't mean that the species as a whole is a member of the Federation.

In regards to Orions in Starfleet Academy, I don't recall ever seeing one in TMP or any TNG episode dealing with earth and the academy; but I could be wrong. I think they could of made for an interesting neutral faction who could cross both Federation and Klingon space at will and either trade wit or attack either ships.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yes but.

There was a deleted scene from the film where Kirk apologises to her on the ship for something and it turns out to be another Orion girl that looks like her... :)

Eitherway though, I always thought the Orions were a neutral faction, I didn't think they would side with one faction like they have in STO. I just imagined both sides would have access to them, just like Nog joined Starfleet even though the Ferengi wern't actually part of the Federation. STO is so 'black and white' though, which is kind of sad as I always thought alot of Trek tried to remind people that things arn't always 'black and white' but usualy 'grey'. Its like Starfleet has been taken over by the Sith (would explain the baby killing mission too!) :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mailman653 wrote: »
    There isn't any conclusive evidence that Trill is part of the Federation. It is probable that the Federation bestows citizenship to certain people of a species but it doesn't mean that the species as a whole is a member of the Federation.

In regards to Orions in Starfleet Academy, I don't recall ever seeing one in TMP or any TNG episode dealing with earth and the academy; but I could be wrong. I think they could of made for an interesting neutral faction who could cross both Federation and Klingon space at will and either trade wit or attack either ships.

I was about to ask if a planet had to be a member of the Federation to be part of Starfleet, but then I remembered that there are Bajorans in Starfleet and Bajor itself is not part of the Federation.

Still, if the Orions did get added, I personally would like to see the Gorn get added to the Starfleet side as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    And don't forget to implement a function to transform an Alien character to an Orion

If they do make Orions Fed playable, you're going to have to re-roll. Or make an alt. Sorry. That's just life and life isn't always fair.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You just want the bikini when Cryptic finishes making it. :p

That's going to be done for the KDF. Any starfleet officers would be limited to starfleet uniform options.

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i think Starfleet and the KDF wouldn't turn *anyone* away in this time of war, ok maybe an Undin. that said i don't see a lot of Naussacans wanting to join Starfleet nor Vulcans joining the KDF. but i think a lot of spices should be able to be on ether side
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Shuzumi wrote: »
    but i think a lot of spices should be able to be on ether side

I don't know. Oregano is kind of tricky. I'm not sure I trust it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well we have Klingon Feds and Joined trill klinks, so why not fed orions while were at it?
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I also don't believe they should be in the Klingon Empire either.

Orions and Nacaussans should be in a neutral faction, along with the Ferengi and various Human traders and smugglers.

Eventuallky I believe STO should have a neutral faction, and NO, Romulans or Cardassians are not neutral. They have a side, their own!

Sounds like a plan for a neutral faction in sto, which Im all for. Good post, thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actually the reason they are in the klingon faction is because the orions are part of the Klingon Empire, hence they cannot be a neutral faction.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actually the reason they are in the klingon faction is because the orions are part of the Klingon Empire, hence they cannot be a neutral faction.

Its a good thing we have a good writer and a wartime setting that totally allows for instability then, otherwise Id agree.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't agree. The equivalent would be seeing some sort of conscientious objector of a troll lumbering across Mordor with the hobbits, giving them piggy backs and group hugs. I feel the Federation has been sufficiently butchered thus far and doesn't need any more attention. There should be more playable factions yes but the setting should be more dynamic like including another playable race/alliance in conflict with both sides rather than seeing to the needs and whims of those who lack the ability to see real girls naked or scantily clad and further massacring the setting in the process.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Although I agree with you for the most part, I found it intriguing that in JJ's movie, Uhura's roommate at the Academy was an Orion. Curious...:confused:

That would be because J.J. just had to work in a scene where Kirk was getting it on with a green girl and that's the only way he could come up with to work it in. That doesn't make it canon, especially since it takes place in a different timeline than the one we're playing in anyway. Starships being built on the surface of the planet confused me more than that did.

Remember, the game follows the original timeline, not the J.J. offshoot.

And no, if for no other reason than Klingons should be getting crossovers from the Federation playable species first, like the Ferengi and the Pakled.

:cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What warrior in the right state of mind would follow a Ferengi or Pakled captain into battle? :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't agree. The equivalent would be seeing some sort of conscientious objector of a troll lumbering across Mordor with the hobbits, giving them piggy backs and group hugs. I feel the Federation has been sufficiently butchered thus far and doesn't need any more attention. There should be more playable factions yes but the setting should be more dynamic like including another playable race/alliance in conflict with both sides rather than seeing to the needs and whims of those who lack the ability to see real girls naked or scantily clad and further massacring the setting in the process.

Ok its a game.... but isnt that a little bit....racial prejudice?
    Why should Orion's not be capable of becomming law abiding citizens rather than pirates?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Mailman653 wrote: »
    What warrior in the right state of mind would follow a Ferengi or Pakled captain into battle? :D

A Gorn or a Nausican. Every war needs pawns.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    A Gorn or a Nausican. Every war needs pawns.

Hey hey hey, my Gorn captain takes offense!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Since many years I like the Orions. Especially the Orion Slave Girls ;)
    I've designed my Alien character like an Orion girl, but in the Info its an Alien and not an Orion. So please Cryptic make the Orion Race be a playable race for the Federation.

And don't forget to implement a function to transform an Alien character to an Orion ;)

Thx!

this, please. Ur'eons, aka orions, have no place in the Klingon Empire, and you can take the gorn and nausicans with them. all are Ha'DIbaH
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    you can make a Orion with the alien species.
    I have a ANdorian on the KDF side, trying to make a Jem'Hadar soldier, but its not quite accurate.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sevensev wrote:
    you can make a Orion with the alien species.
    I have a ANdorian on the KDF side, trying to make a Jem'Hadar soldier, but its not quite accurate.

But its not actually an orion and does not have the orion traits. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    That would be because J.J. just had to work in a scene where Kirk was getting it on with a green girl and that's the only way he could come up with to work it in. That doesn't make it canon, especially since it takes place in a different timeline than the one we're playing in anyway. Starships being built on the surface of the planet confused me more than that did.

Remember, the game follows the original timeline, not the J.J. offshoot.

And no, if for no other reason than Klingons should be getting crossovers from the Federation playable species first, like the Ferengi and the Pakled.

The Orion Syndicate was the ruling body of the Orion homeworld. That's no longer the case.

But just like there's a klingon or two in the federation ... and a ferengi or two ... there's nothing preventing an individual Orion (like Uhura's roommate from the JJ story/film) from being in Starfleet. The timeline of the JJ movie isn't really an issue.

That's sort of the point of Starfleet. A peace keeping armada seeking out new life and new civilizations.

There's more than enough room in Canon for an Orion in the federation. Or an Android. Or a Klingon. Or a bajoran before Bajor was in the federation. Or a Cardassian like the one on board the Titan. Or ... so on and so on.