test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So we'll have casual wear anywhere huh?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,008 Arc User
Yes I remember all those times Picard commanded the ship in a t-shirt and shorts, and Janeway ran around in a Risian bikini.

I'm totally buying that CBS approves this and not pink phasers, for sure!
Post edited by Unknown User on
«134

Comments

  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    have you seen them??
    there not that casual just some robes and dress uniforms
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes I remember all those times Picard commanded the ship in a t-shirt and shorts, and Janeway ran around in a Risian bikini.

    I'm totally buying that CBS approves this and not pink phasers, for sure!

    your one of those people still sore about the color change?
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Also one of those people who is still mistakeningly believing that somehow you give players (which isn't in season one by the way) a bikini, and every player in the universe will wear it 24/7.

    And the current off-duty stuff isn't even remotely like anything the OP said.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    qultar wrote: »
    have you seen them??
    there not that casual just some robes and dress uniforms

    For now. You know people will be getting bikinis sooner or later.
    I also don't remember captains in robes for that matter.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I distinctly recall certain Captains wearing next to nothing at times and also many festive parties where we see much of the crew out of uniform (especially Earth side quests)

    Hell, we saw nightwear too.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Brevard wrote: »
    I distinctly recall certain Captains wearing next to nothing at times and also many festive parties where we see much of the crew out of uniform (especially Earth side quests)

    Hell, we saw nightwear too.

    On starbases meeting with admirals?
    On the bridge?
    On away missions?
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hell, I've seen officers wear their holodeck costumes around the place in an emergency situation.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On starbases meeting with admirals?
    On the bridge?
    On away missions?

    Only when they wear top hats and bring pimp canes.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mscupcakes wrote: »
    Hell, I've seen officers wear their holodeck costumes around the place in an emergency situation.

    Yeah. Key word there, emergency.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    On starbases meeting with admirals?
    On the bridge?
    On away missions?

    Actually, yes to the last two. :D

    Don't remember them during episodes involving admirals.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. Key word there, emergency.

    It is a time of war. :rolleyes:
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Originally Posted by Lt.Expendable
    On starbases meeting with admirals?
    On the bridge?
    On away missions?

    Just because I have the option to wear certain things, does mean the following:

    Starbase, Admirals Desk: My Fleet Uniform
    Bridge: Depending on the Roleplay story, we could have been suddenly in red alert whilst off-duty, but mostly, fleet uniform
    On Away mission: Duty Uniform

    Risa: off-duty
    Starbase lounge or any non admiral area of starebase: Off duty -robes- maybe, duty uniform mostly.
    Quarks: Off duty , but not bikini, which, doesn't exist.

    And, OMG, does the guy know that one of the off duty options actually looks like a naval Dress uniform??

    Or that half the robes can pull off as vulcan or bajoran religious garment?

    Has he considered that a mature, non sexually based Role-play community actually does exist?

    Oh wait, its Lt.Expendable...


    see that big red, snow monster....go ask it for directions to the next star system...
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey remember that Vulcan Starfleet ship in DS9 with a crew of Vulcans who thought they were better than everyone else because they were all Vulcans?
    Remember how the captain went around in a Vulcan robe? Oh wait, no he didn't. He had a proper Starfleet uniform like everybody else, and so did his crew.

    Oh and thanks for wildly missing the point which was made obvious in the OP. Stay classy guys.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sirius39 wrote:
    Just because I have the option to wear certain things, does mean the following:

    Starbase, Admirals Desk: My Fleet Uniform
    Bridge: Depending on the Roleplay story, we could have been suddenly in red alert whilst off-duty, but mostly, fleet uniform
    On Away mission: Duty Uniform

    Risa: off-duty
    Starbase lounge or any non admiral area of starebase: Off duty -robes- maybe, duty uniform mostly.
    Quarks: Off duty , but not bikini, which, doesn't exist.

    And, OMG, does the guy know that one of the off duty options actually looks like a naval Dress uniform??

    Or that half the robes can pull off as vulcan or bajoran religious garment?

    Has he considered that a mature, non sexually based Role-play community actually does exist?

    Oh wait, its Lt.Expendable...


    see that big red, snow monster....go ask it for directions to the next star system...

    im not drinking coffee around your posts anymore. that made me laugh
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just because the option of off-duty uniforms are there doesn't mean that you HAVE TO wear it all the time, if you don't want to wear off-duty stuff on your bridge, then don't. Problem solved.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    mscupcakes wrote: »
    Just because the option of off-duty uniforms are there doesn't mean that you HAVE TO wear it all the time, if you don't want to wear off-duty stuff on your bridge, then don't. Problem solved.

    No I'll just have to see everyone else on a starbase running around in robes and the inevitable bikinis (there will be bikinis, mark my words).
    Again, if I see that and it ruins immersion for me, what was so bad about self-coloured phasers again?
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not saying it happened often, but there have been a few times in ST canon that officers were on the bridge out of uniform. I just wanted to punch a tiny hole in your balloon.

    I think The Gambit also ended with Picard on the bridge after his mission in civies, but I can't find a video clip.

    My point is only that if you don't want to wear civilian clothes on the bridge, you don't have to. And since the whole game is instanced you don't even have to worry about what other players are wearing on theirs.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm not saying it happened often, but there have been a few times in ST canon that officers were on the bridge out of uniform. I just wanted to punch a tiny hole in your balloon.

    Usually in an emergency after being in the holodeck or some infiltration mission.
    SInce we have neither here.. your point is...?
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No I'll just have to see everyone else on a starbase running around in robes and the inevitable bikinis (there will be bikinis, mark my words).

    You could always close your eyes.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No I'll just have to see everyone else on a starbase running around in robes and the inevitable bikinis (there will be bikinis, mark my words).
    Again, if I see that and it ruins immersion for me, what was so bad about self-coloured phasers again?

    Then you don't have a very mature mindset if the tiny minority of players, maybe 1 out of every 10,000, whenever bikinis come out, wear one all the time will ruin the game for you.

    And even 1 out 10,000 is a generous guess.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Erm, I hope you're not telling us that we shouldn't wear the casual clothing...
    "Hardcore" MMO gamers often think they have the heaven-sent right to dictate to the rest of us how we should play.
    This type of player rules the roost in games like EVE where the developers cater specifically to them. They migrate to more casual games and take this sense of self-entitlement with them. It's sickening really.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Aren't you the same person who doesn't want people to force the DP on others?
    But... you want to force everyone else to wear what you see fit, where you see fit.
    Can you see the irony here?

    You know, I actually agree with you that in certain situations we should only be allowed to wear our uniforms, but I'm not going to force it on others. And there are no Bikinis. But if there are bikinis in the future, then you can complain all you want.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Given all the people who've constantly barked for bikinis, if you think it's 1 in 10,000 you're deluded.

    And since people continually miss the point I will spell it out for you.
    - I don't specifically have a problem with people running around and doing their starfleet duties in robes.
    - The problem here is canon, it just wouldn't happen in Star Trek on a regular basis, barring emergencies.
    - Therefore CBS would never approve it if we believe what Cryptic has said in the past.
    - Therefore either CBS don't care or Cryptic are lying to them.
    - Therefore I want my damn red phasers.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Given all the people who've constantly barked for bikinis, if you think it's 1 in 10,000 you're deluded.

    And since people continually miss the point I will spell it out for you.
    - I don't specifically have a problem with people running around and doing their starfleet duties in robes.
    - The problem here is canon, it just wouldn't happen in Star Trek on a regular basis, barring emergencies.
    - Therefore CBS would never approve it if we believe what Cryptic has said in the past.
    - Therefore either CBS don't care or Cryptic are lying to them.
    - Therefore I want my damn red phasers.

    lol, fair enough.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Antiproton are reddish
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    alkem wrote: »
    Antiproton are reddish

    Burnt orange. Also have no skills for them, nor would I want to skill into them.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personal favorite was Kirk's "Go Climb a Rock" t-shirt..
    Although I've been in therapy on Andor after seeing Pickard in swimming trunks and a hawaiian shirt... They truely did go where No one should ever go...
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Given all the people who've constantly barked for bikinis, if you think it's 1 in 10,000 you're deluded.

    And since people continually miss the point I will spell it out for you.
    - I don't specifically have a problem with people running around and doing their starfleet duties in robes.
    - The problem here is canon, it just wouldn't happen in Star Trek on a regular basis, barring emergencies.
    - Therefore CBS would never approve it if we believe what Cryptic has said in the past.
    - Therefore either CBS don't care or Cryptic are lying to them.
    - Therefore I want my damn red phasers.

    They're a novelty. They will not be used often after a week of their release. Some MMOs have the option of removing your armor so you can run in your skivvies, but do the vast majority of players do this? Nope. Maybe bots do it all the time, but they're bots.

    PSU released swimsuits. Sure, people wore them for a while, running missions and purifying SEED in them. But not long after you just stopped seeing them. Maybe saw 1 or 2 people use them a week.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Droidarr wrote: »
    Personal favorite was Kirk's "Go Climb a Rock" t-shirt..
    Although I've been in therapy on Andor after seeing Pickard in swimming trunks and a hawaiian shirt... They truely did go where No one should ever go...

    Go watch a few Voyager episodes then. Now, I don't think Janeway was all that great looking but she was pretty sexy in nightwear. Not to mention the many Seven of Nine shots. In particular her 'human experience' episodes...

    You know what was really bizarre involving clothing and flesh? The DS9 Odo intimacy episodes...

    EDIT:

    Hmmm, is it bad that I remember a lot of Star Trek episodes involving scantily clad women? Oh, and some men ones (Kirk mainly) of course. Not be be a sexist or anything. :D
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ok, let me put it this way to the OP.

    There are mature roleplayers.

    Now Role-Play is growing as the game is growing, the longer its on market, you get more players of more types Role-players being one of them. Infact there are over 10'000 (at the elast) trek role-players who role-play sensibly on text based online trek RPG games.

    Many of these are flooding to STO.

    Now, we role-players (there are many subforms of role-players, I'm referring to the text based RPG ones mostly) do not just role-play what we do on duty. Infact we do a fair bit of off-duty. be it going on a civilian dig of an ancient structure, vacation on Risa, or whatever you can think of....20% of the time we're doing things don't require uniforms.

    Hell, skilled role-players don't need the game to spell out the details to us, we can utilise one of those 'scan items' planets to be virtually anything, we can pretend even if what we are roleplaying is not physically there.

    In the tv series we have seen numerous examples (and movies) of characters who are starfleet doing things in casual dress.

    We do not need to adhere to your uniform only mis-objective. There are millions of things we can do for fun, without breaking trek lore or canon, but rather enriching it, in casual dress that make -perfect sense-

    and as I said before.

    Oh wait, its Lt.Expendable...


    see that big red, snow monster....go ask it for directions to the next star system...

    And if a few abuse it, so what, that's the power of imagination. "i did not see that in character, they are not there."
Sign In or Register to comment.