test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So we'll have casual wear anywhere huh?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If it's in the right places I have no objection to bikini,s or anything else but you know that there will be some who abuse it.
    I mean is it all right with you if Admiral Quinn decides he doesn't fancy wearing his uniform today and gives you your orders dressed in a Mankini.
    Where is Sulu. he,s off changing into a mini skirt and stockings.
    edited March 2010
    Knowing Sulu was played by George Takei....

....I could imagine Sulu's grandson doing that canonly.
    edited March 2010
    your one of those people still sore about the color change?

We have a winnah! :D
    edited March 2010
    Sirius, for a roleplayer your inability to read is quite amusing.
    edited March 2010
    Yeah. Key word there, emergency.

We're at War. It's always an emergency situation. :p
    edited March 2010
    Lucky_13_X wrote:
    We're at War. It's always an emergency situation. :p

"Sir Klingons approaching!"
    "Quick hail them! We have to let them know we were in off-duty uniforms and need time to change into uniform before we can fight."
    edited March 2010
    For now. You know people will be getting bikinis sooner or later.
    I also don't remember captains in robes for that matter.

If only it were robes ... I still wake at night screaming from the memory of Picard in that short silk dressing gown thing he wore when he got woke up at nights :shudder:
    edited March 2010
    krisslanza wrote: »
    "Sir Klingons approaching!"
    "Quick hail them! We have to let them know we were in off-duty uniforms and need time to change into uniform before we can fight."

Why would you be wearing off-duty clothes in a war zone?
    I'm pretty sure General Patton didn't dress for golfing while on the front lines.
    edited March 2010
    I'm pretty sure General Patton didn't dress for golfing while on the front lines.

I'm pretty sure General Patton didn't command a space ship where you're pretty safe unless you actually run into people.

And is every inch of the universe a war zone now?
    edited March 2010

General Patton's uniform wasn't regulation either.
    edited March 2010
    I'm pretty sure General Patton didn't command a space ship where you're pretty safe unless you actually run into people.

Yes because exploding consoles, direct hits to the bridge and boarding parties are entirely foreign ideas to Star Trek.

I'd call a place where you're jumped by Klingons a war zone, wouldn't you?
    edited March 2010
    Yes because exploding consoles, direct hits to the bridge and boarding parties are entirely foreign ideas to Star Trek.
    And because Starfleet uniforms are actually made of extremely resilient material that could protect you from all that.
    I'd call a place where you're jumped by Klingons a war zone, wouldn't you?

Not really. Klingons have stealh too, so I guess Earth is a war zone, since you never know.
    edited March 2010
    And because Starfleet uniforms are actually made of extremely resilient material that could protect you from all that.

Being in a regulation uniform would help you face the unknown better than some robe where you might trip over yourself.
    Not really. Klingons have stealh too, so I guess Earth is a war zone, since you never know.

Yes because the Federation doesn't have detection grids or anything like that.
    Quit grasping at straws.
    edited March 2010
    Being in a regulation uniform would help you face the unknown better than some robe where you might trip over yourself.
    Considering the only thing you can wear in the game so far on your lower half are pants or a skirt that is above the knees... if you trip over yourself, you'd trip over your "regulation uniform" too.
    Yes because the Federation doesn't have detection grids or anything like that.
    Quit grasping at straws.

I guess that's why Klingons are all over the Sirius block on Sol's doorstep.
    edited March 2010
    Considering the only thing you can wear in the game so far on your lower half are pants or a skirt that is above the knees... if you trip over yourself, you'd trip over your "regulation uniform" too.

Even a mini skirt is more practical than a damn robe.
    I guess that's why Klingons are all over the Sirius block on Sol's doorstep.

I'm talking common sense and you're talking bad game mechanics.
    Very well, according to the game all areas are war zones.
    So put on your damn uniform, soldier.
    edited March 2010
    Given all the people who've constantly barked for bikinis, if you think it's 1 in 10,000 you're deluded.

And since people continually miss the point I will spell it out for you.
    - I don't specifically have a problem with people running around and doing their starfleet duties in robes.
    - The problem here is canon, it just wouldn't happen in Star Trek on a regular basis, barring emergencies.
    - Therefore CBS would never approve it if we believe what Cryptic has said in the past.
    - Therefore either CBS don't care or Cryptic are lying to them.
    - Therefore I want my damn red phasers.

All truth and that last line made me chuckle. I personally don't think that you will see many people running round starbases in off-duty gear much after a few weeks of them going live. Novelty will wear off and, for the sake of argument, bikinis (I mean come on seriously ? are they really needed in game to enhance the experience?) do come into play at some point, I would hope Cryptic show some of their increasing good sense and make these things an option via a Risa situated tailor or at worst not an option in a starbase or public/neutral area.
    edited March 2010
    Even a mini skirt is more practical than a damn robe.
    This only reinforces the fact I don't think you're listening. The "robe" is just a pretty long coat. And you can still only wear slacks/pants so there's no way you'd trip over a garment that barely hangs past your waist.
    I'm talking common sense and you're talking bad game mechanics.
    Very well, according to the game all areas are war zones.
    So put on your damn uniform, soldier.

Nah. It doesn't protect me any better then a off-duty uniform.
    edited March 2010

No, but every inch of me is! :D

BAZINGA!

:eek:
    edited March 2010
    If we do get bikinis its up to the individual to not wear them in starbases.

Ok in real life the whole reason we dont do such a thing is due to standards and decency (unless your a nudist O.o)
    but in the game no rules apply as its not you.

We could apply restrictions in game that make you adhere to your main uniform when beaming down to a non Risa like area. Though then we we won't be able to make new outfits and check them while at tailors :eek:
    edited March 2010
    This only reinforces the fact I don't think you're listening. The "robe" is just a pretty long coat. And you can still only wear slacks/pants so there's no way you'd trip over a garment that barely hangs past your waist.

There's a reason why normal duty uniforms aren't long coats you know.

Nah. It doesn't protect me any better then a off-duty uniform.

Because the military really cares what YOU think protects you better.
    edited March 2010
    There's a reason why normal duty uniforms aren't long coats you know.
    There's usually a reason to wear a uniform, whenever it's for protection or camo. I think it's pretty obvious Starfleet uniforms do neither.
    edited March 2010
    What was this thread about again?

Bikinis? or colored phasers?

Never saw the problem with the colored phasers, don't see a problem with bikinis either, cept we don't have them.
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    What was this thread about again?

Bikinis? or colored phasers?

Never saw the problem with the colored phasers, don't see a problem with bikinis either, cept we don't have them.

Mainly, Cryptic's principles.
    And that they have none, they hide behind CBS's "rules" when it's clear now that they have none and will rubberstamp any idea Cryptic shoves their way.
    So give me my red phasers.
    edited March 2010
    Mainly, Cryptic's principles.
    And that they have none, they hide behind CBS's "rules" when it's clear now that they have none and will rubberstamp any idea Cryptic shoves their way.
    So give me my red phasers.

Ok sure, you can have red phasers. Be sure to tell Cryptic I said it was ok :p

That and 2 fitty will get you a cup of coffee :D
    edited March 2010
    There's usually a reason to wear a uniform, whenever it's for protection or camo. I think it's pretty obvious Starfleet uniforms do neither.

And the U.S. Navy officers and crew wear their uniforms for either of your listed reasons? Do you need camo in a submarine? Nope. Do you need protection in a submarine? Nope.

The uniform is worn with pride. It is a symbol of tradition, duty, and discipline. You earn the right to wear the uniform. It is not a privilege.
    edited March 2010
    Hey remember that Vulcan Starfleet ship in DS9 with a crew of Vulcans who thought they were better than everyone else because they were all Vulcans?
    Remember how the captain went around in a Vulcan robe? Oh wait, no he didn't. He had a proper Starfleet uniform like everybody else, and so did his crew.

Oh and thanks for wildly missing the point which was made obvious in the OP. Stay classy guys.

Why they keep letting this troll post on the forums is beyond me
    edited March 2010
    I express an opinion, therefore I'm a troll.
    Man, it's no wonder the forums are continuously mocked in-game as a den of hate-filled trolls.
    edited March 2010
    They should add some snide remarks to the Admiral's dialog if you show up in his office out of uniform...
    edited March 2010
    oh please not more customization options

anything but that
    edited March 2010
    I express an opinion, therefore I'm a troll.
    Man, it's no wonder the forums are continuously mocked in-game as a den of hate-filled trolls.

opinion is one thing...but when you are constantly bashing the game into the ground because YOU feel something is in the game that you dont agree with is another. I smell another thread lock pretty soon.

you can add it to your list of many failures