Install Arc
Options

New tailor issues with latest patch.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Matt can you also look at the Khan pants ? They ONLY seem to go with the Khan top, which makes sense, but Id like to use them for other tops and due to their lightness I cant, it just sticks out.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have also noticed an issue now where the hair colour and eyebrow colour cannot be changed independently - this had never used to be the case. Since the shades of colour on the eyebrows appear a little different than the hair, this is a little annoying when try to get that perfect tweak.

Also of note - damn spell checker telling me that my Canadian spelling of colour is wrong :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have also noticed an issue now where the hair colour and eyebrow colour cannot be changed independently - this had never used to be the case. Since the shades of colour on the eyebrows appear a little different than the hair, this is a little annoying when try to get that perfect tweak.

Also of note - damn spell checker telling me that my Canadian spelling of colour is wrong :D

It is wrong. ;)

I'll take another look at the hair/eyebrow problem, but that should have been fixed with my uniform color linking fix.

What species/gender are you having problems with?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    1) After today's patch I noticed that my saved costume files no longer loaded correctly. The entire look of the avatar, the colors, and the uniforms were completely wrong. I can save new files of existing characters and bridge officers, and they will load correctly, but all my saved files from before the patch are all wrong and basically useless.

2) I now get a new red error message regarding voices on the top of my screen whenever I select my character or some of my bridge officers. These specific error messages were not present prior to the match. They are:

Costume validation for player error: Name:Blahblah, Costume voice Heroic_Male is not allowed for this species.

Costume validation for player error: Name:Combadge_Blahblah, Costume voice Stoic_Female is not allowed for this species.

Are you talking about the issue where you load a saved costume and all you get is a bald dark green guy w/ white clothes? If so that's the same issue I am having with costumes saved before the patch on the 5th. Any new costume I made after is loading fine but I have 15 saved aliens and uniforms that I can't load and I can't replicate because I don't remember how I made half of them. The odd thing is that if I click on enough of these costumes that will not load properly the tailor just randomly picks a costume for me that does work. I was clicking on the saved aliens I had designed trying to find one that worked and suddenly I got turned into my Vulcan captain and the option to load any other costumes had vanished.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wilv wrote: »
    Are you talking about the issue where you load a saved costume and all you get is a bald dark green guy w/ white clothes?

Yep, that's the bug I'm talking about. :) Sounds like they have it fixed and it'll be patches soonish, though.
    mhighison wrote: »
    I recently fixed a few bugs relating to color linking problems. This includes pips and uniform parts. Should be in an upcoming patch.

Thanks! However, it's still broken on the latest build we have on the Tribble test server as of March 13th (even though the patch notes said this issue was fixed). Are the patch notes wrong or did the fix not work?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just a heads up. As of the today (and the 3/16/10 patch) on Tribble, there still appears to be color linking issues. Same example - changing the color of the first color box for "reinforced, pants - tight" will also change the first color box on (I believe) every upper uniform option for the female liberated Borg officer.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've also noticed that some color selections are "bound together" for the Borg BO if you want to change them into a uniform. For instance, I was updating my Borg BOs costume to put her into a Starfleet one. The second color box for the top also changes the color of the pants to the same color and vice versa.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Just a heads up. As of the today (and the 3/16/10 patch) on Tribble, there still appears to be color linking issues. Same example - changing the color of the first color box for "reinforced, pants - tight" will also change the first color box on (I believe) every upper uniform option for the female liberated Borg officer.

Beat me to it. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:

If you haven't already, make sure to discuss this in the Tribble Bug Report forum: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

QA is very active over there, and I know we've been looking into color linking problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll take a look at the color sets and see if I can expand the ranges a bit to fix your issues.

Some of this comes up because every user's graphics drivers and monitors have different gamma calibration, and it can be hard to balance. Thanks for giving me the heads up!

Cheers,

Matt

I've noticed this as well, especially with the TNG/DS9/TNG Movie costume pieces. The "fabric" does not get the same level of "dark" or black as the standard bottom pieces. It would be nice if we could turn down the "sheen" on the uniforms as well. Under some lighting, it looks like the uniforms are made of plastic wrap.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:

I hit this exact bug on the LIVE server last night. My liberated Borg top and pants had a link to the colors.

It seems to be the main (usually black) color of the top and the main color of the pants. If you change the pants color the top color matches it etc.

Hope it gets fixed. I wanted different colors for my Borg's top and pants. >.<
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Morbius1 wrote: »
    I hit this exact bug on the LIVE server last night. My liberated Borg top and pants had a link to the colors.

It seems to be the main (usually black) color of the top and the main color of the pants. If you change the pants color the top color matches it etc.

It was supposedly fixed on the test server; it was even in the patch notes. But I checked the test server again late last night after the newest update and the problem was still there.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Litana wrote:
    If you haven't already, make sure to discuss this in the Tribble Bug Report forum: http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

QA is very active over there, and I know we've been looking into color linking problems.

I did. :) I put a thread there a few days back and updated it again last night.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=137651
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    I did. :) I put a thread there a few days back and updated it again last night.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=137651

Seems mhighison has replied. So hopefully it will get looked at.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the heads up on the color linking bug! This is now an internal bug ticket, so it should be looked at soon.

Off topic - Morbius1, where did you get that combadge in your avatar!?:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for the heads up on the color linking bug! This is now an internal bug ticket, so it should be looked at soon.

Off topic - Morbius1, where did you get that combadge!?:D

i've ran across quite a lot of colour-linking bugs and it gets really annoying, it seems to happen frequently with comm-badges linking to the pip colours
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:

A quick fix I found for this was to select the random uniform generator button a few times after that I never had an issue again. I have 5 alts all w/ liberated fem Borg BOFFs and it's worked on all of them even Klingon.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I can vouch for that. I stumbled across that same fix while doing some tests in the thread on the Tribble bug forums. What I found odd was that randomizing the upper body options also randomized the lower body options (and it shouldn't), which may be related to the whole color linking issue between the two sections.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What happened to the RA5, Admiral rank w/ 2 pips? Did it get removed on purpose or is this a bug?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Morbius1 wrote: »

Since the 1.1 patch yesterday, I have encounted the same problem with my Borg Bridige Officer. This is something I had no problem with before.

More importantly, the TOS skirt works perfect and not affectted by the colour issue :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Since the 1.1 patch yesterday, I have encounted the same problem with my Borg Bridige Officer. This is something I had no problem with before.

More importantly, the TOS skirt works perfect and not affectted by the colour issue :D

Possible fix for the color linking issues you are experiencing: Have you tried hitting random? There are a few reported instances where a user's system doesn't update to the new Tailor color settings until you hit random once. Let me know if it works.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Possible fix for the color linking issues you are experiencing: Have you tried hitting random? There are a few reported instances where a user's system doesn't update to the new Tailor color settings until you hit random once. Let me know if it works.

Thank you so much, that has worked :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Any word on the borg complexion showing on the chars body and legs? My borg captain has the correct complexion face and a tanned body, which looks kind of odd with the mirror female uni's.