test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LIES! My graphics drivers are fine D:

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
It keeps telling my that I need to update my graphics drives, Ive gone to Nvidia, verified my drivers were current, then reinstalled to be absolutely 100% sure.

I have a Geforce 9800M GT.

now theres a newer version for 9800 GT, but not the mobile version. Does STO think I have normal one? O_O
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's a bugged message, stop trolling.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm getting the same message about my Nvidia 8 Series graphics card for my laptop. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, done manual and automatic update searches from Windows, and the product websites.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Duskwood wrote:
    It keeps telling my that I need to update my graphics drives, Ive gone to Nvidia, verified my drivers were current, then reinstalled to be absolutely 100% sure.

I have a Geforce 9800M GT.

now theres a newer version for 9800 GT, but not the mobile version. Does STO think I have normal one? O_O

trolling? You need to learn definitions. I asked a legit question because it keeps telling me this, and I want to know if 1) im missing drivers somewhere. or 2) the 9800GT ones will work with my mobile.

YOU are trolling.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Duskwood wrote:
    trolling? You need to learn definitions. I asked a legit question because it keeps telling me this, and I want to know if 1) im missing drivers somewhere. or 2) the 9800GT ones will work with my mobile.

YOU are trolling.

Im trolling? Says the guy who started the thread title suggesting the developers are Liars.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »
    Im trolling? Says the guy who started the thread title suggesting the developers are Liars.

You are trolling. The guy is posting about a legitimate issue that's come up. By calling him a troll for it you are, in fact, just trolling for responses.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Duskwood wrote:

Technically you are trolling as there is/was already a thread pertaining to this very subject. Why start a whole new thread with a sensationalist title?

Anyways, I would recommend uninstalling the driver completely from add/remove software in the control panel. You can then restart and resinstall the driver from scratch; you may need to go as far as downloading DriverCleaner to make sure all of the "old" driver is out of your system.

As tedgp123 mentioned, this error may have just been a bug. (I've not patched this morning and do not know - I got rid of the message on my machine by uninstalling the old driver and then installing the new driver.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey OP,
    I had the same issues... went and got the drivers from nvidia and updated but still the same message.
    Then i went into my control panel, went to device manager and updated the driver that way and voila, no more message.
    Maybe that will help.
    And you're not a troll... it was a legitimate question and I can give someone the benefit of the doubt that they didn't see the other post about the issue.
    Other posters who weren't helpful but just began name-calling- ignore them, the forums are full of 'em for every game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There have been a large number of reported performance problems (especially in outdoor areas) with our engine and the NVIDIA drivers starting with the 191.xx version of drivers, and these were resolved in the 196.21 driver release, which we highly recommend using. As some of you may have noticed, this driver is not yet released for the mobile NVIDIA chipsets, so our client confusingly asks you to upgrade when the drivers may not be available for your card. The majority of the performance issues with these drivers were reported on desktop boards, so it's possible that the mobile drivers did not contain the same bug, so it should be safe to ignore this message for now. We will likely update the code to not complain about these specific driver versions on mobile cards to prevent this confusion.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    From Where I'm Standing.You all look like Little Ugly Trolls to Me.SO There!!:p The Guy asked a Legit Question.Not every one spends all Day in Their Basement looking at the STO Forums.Some People even have Jobs so They don't have time to do Search after Search on these almost Worthless Forums.They are paying hard Earned Money to Play this game and they want Their Question Answered, Which is the way it should be. Without some Idiot that has no useful Information What so Ever calling Them a Troll.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yachak wrote:
    From Where I'm Standing...

Was this directed at me?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There appears to be a bug in the Launcher together with a problem with NVidia drivers for laptops. You are running this on a Laptop and the latest version of the Mobility (8600M for instance) drivers are not the latest version of the NVidia drivers currently out. You can't use the 196.21 drivers, so you will get this message until NVidia gets the latest drivers onto laptops, or Cryptic removes the message.