What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You guys complain too much

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thread fail. Why do you guys keep complaining about each other? Stop attacking others on the forums and start talking about the game instead. :(

Well, that's Ad Hominem for you...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I see lots of remarks regarding how great Cryptic was for getting STO out in 2 years (as IF that was a good thing??) and unrealistic expectations, thats just it guys I didnt have unrealistic expectations, I just wanted what they advertised and SAID was going to be in game, thats all. So, IS that unrealistic? or WHINING? I think not, just want what they were "going" to deliver.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kee-Bhor wrote: »
    I think not, just want what they were "going" to deliver.

Me too. I just want what was promised for STO. Real faction play (the CCO stated full PvE content for both in interviews), a genesis system that feels like a genesis system (not just random interact/defeat 5 node things), and some sort of sense of exploration.

And I'd be patient for it. If they promised it and said by December this year, I'd wait. But we all know how good Cryptic is at delivering on promises. :rolleyes: Oh well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I enjoy the game. I was with City of Heroes and City of Villains when Cryptic had it. They were great about doing content updates every 4th month. I am confident thet will do the same here and add more and more content on a regular basis.

My only concern is the ease of which it is to level. It seems like leveling in the higher levels is as easy and fast as the lower levels. I would like to see the difficulty and leveling requirements be more challenging with each level. Patience is the best way for the STO fans to go. I am confident they will be adding more and more content and tweaking the game play as time goes on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Me too. I just want what was promised for STO. Real faction play (the CCO stated full PvE content for both in interviews), a genesis system that feels like a genesis system (not just random interact/defeat 5 node things), and some sort of sense of exploration.

And I'd be patient for it. If they promised it and said by December this year, I'd wait. But we all know how good Cryptic is at delivering on promises. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Even if Cryptic delivers on every single promise people will still find a reason to complain. That's the whole point of this topic. ;)

Working in MMORPG industry is a very thankless job.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Even if Cryptic delivers on every single promise people will still find a reason to complain. That's the whole point of this topic. ;)

True. But we're still at square zero: not delivering on promises.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    True. But we're still at square zero: not delivering on promises.

It may be square zero for you, but iince they gave everyone the free oppurtunity to try the game with an open beta, why is anyone surprised with what is or isn't in the game?

Are you guys basing this off stuff that was said months ago? If so, again you should be surprised this is the same with every game. In Wow they promised over and over in closed beta that hero classes would be in the game on launch. I can think of examples like that for almost every MMO out there.

You may not like it, but you are naive if you didn't expect it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

They get "thanked" the same way anyone else doing a job does, with a paycheck.

Nobody drops by IT to say how awesome we are because the servers have been stable for a week. They do come sniffing for blood whenever something isn't working right. So what? It's our job to make sure things work. We're compensated when we do it and catch flak when we fail at it. It's called life.

When did software developers get so thin skinned?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have been here since open beta and had all the TRIBBLE regarding the down-time for headstart AND the non-entry because of HUGE numbers of people waiting to log in...........Since you are new to STO, seems pretty lame for you to be spouting that you have no problems, when WE obviously have.

I have also been here since beta, and people with little patience like yourself should go back to the established games for awhile and let this one mature. cause we all know WoW and EVE was totally complete and perfect the first year after launch...yeh right
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Nobody drops by IT to say how awesome we are because the servers have been stable for a week. They do come sniffing for blood whenever something isn't working right. So what? It's our job to make sure things work. We're compensated when we do it and catch flak when we fail at it. It's called life.

Every service in this world costs money. By your logic saying thanks every once in a while is just being naive? its just a common courtesy and yes its part of LIFE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Funny, I work for a sotware company and I've received many thanks on stability and our product. Maybe if you aren't getting thanked you aren't doing a very good job (just kidding1)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic could have made the best MMO ever made and people would still be complaining. That's what people do on MMO forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Strombonni wrote:
    I do think they delivered a great MMO. I've having a blast. But I DO have a life, so maybe I don't need as much from it as other people do....

They DID deliver a great MMO...a great mmo developed in TWO years. I'm sorry if you don't get this, but I don't care how good you are, but NOBODY can deliver a full MMO in two years. They delivered something awesome...in TWO years. Period. What you have is all you could possibly expect. Even Blizzard, with planetloads of money they make from WoW, has taken forever with Diablo 3 and Starcarft.
    It's not them, guys, it's you. Sorry.

Hahahaha.....this statement is just........

Cryptic never said, " Yea we're developing an mmo in only a year and a half, so everyone, its going to be buggy, and severely lacking content. Nobody can deliver a full MMO in two years. Go buy NAO!!! "

You're acting as though they did say that.

And since its not a full MMO (because like you said a full MMO couldnt POSSIBLY be released in 2 years) why did I pay full price for it? If its not a full mmo then why is it $15 a month?

Why am I PAYING for a full mmo when its not one?

Personally, I cant blame people for complaining. Now I think the game is good, but there is no reason to keep subbing past month 2 at most. I know I know, because its not a Full MMO!

My problem is this IP deserved a lot better than THAT. And never once did Cryptic claim this would not be a full MMO. Hence the COMPLAINING. Hence people saying it was rushed! Hence the gameplay problems, bugs, lack of content etc.

Seriously where are you coming from!? What you're saying amounts to essentially, " Hey they rushed the game! It had only 2 years dev time! Its not a full MMO! You're paying full price! Why are you complaining???"

Makes absolutely no sense on your part.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why am I PAYING for a full mmo when its not one?

You tell me; its your choice.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh look, another thread complaining about complaining :rolleyes:

Ya heres another one: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2151072#post2151072
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You tell me; its your choice.

Im fine with the game itself, but during OB and headstart I didnt realize you could zoom through the game without trying in only 2 or 3 weeks. I havent even been playing because I dont want to hit Admiral.

So I went ahead and bought STO. Only then to find it was a small little micro mmo with barely a handful of content.

So will I pay monthly? Probably not. Why would I?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This debate will go on and on, because everyone's got a different view of what a "finished" MMO should be.

It boils down to this: If they aren't getting the subs they need, it's not a successful MMO. If they are, then it is. People speak with their wallets here, and Cryptic will listen to that.

Personally I think they delivered. It's got issues, but to me it's not serious enough for me to "speak with my wallet". I still have fun and enjoy exploring.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It may be square zero for you, but iince they gave everyone the free oppurtunity to try the game with an open beta, why is anyone surprised with what is or isn't in the game?

Are you guys basing this off stuff that was said months ago? If so, again you should be surprised this is the same with every game. In Wow they promised over and over in closed beta that hero classes would be in the game on launch. I can think of examples like that for almost every MMO out there.

You may not like it, but you are naive if you didn't expect it.

January 2010 join date... sorry, you missed a lot within the community since even before closed beta. We knew what to expect and we complained about it then and still complain about it now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Are you really that daft? i just told you its very subjective. i set my own goals and i can continue to play it for long time as long as i found it fun. Why do i care what other people long term goals are?

First of all don't even listen to this guy.....he just comes on the forums and "tries" to shout down people that say anything about this game, and not once has he agreed with people that say this game is "amazing" why ? because he knows better..he is a massive troll that has yet answered why is this game indepth,fun, and deep in content.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Every service in this world costs money. By your logic saying thanks every once in a while is just being naive? its just a common courtesy and yes its part of LIFE.

Sure it's nice. It's just that, a courtesy. It is not something the developers are owed. Customers thank them by paying their cash.

How hard they work is irrelevant in the ultimate evaluation of the quality of their service. This is a business.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Salex wrote:
    First of all don't even listen to this guy.....he just comes on the forums and "tries" to shout down people that say anything about this game, and not once has he agreed with people that say this game is "amazing" why ? because he knows better..he is a massive troll that has yet answered why is this game indepth,fun, and deep in content.

Yes i am such a troll and think STO is perfect that i gave it 6.5/10. :rolleyes:

As far as giving reason why i enjoy STO who the f*ck are you and why should i care? i don't need to justify why i enjoy the game by writing one page long reply.

Now continue to moan and cry how STO ruined your life.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Yes i am such a troll and think STO is perfect that i gave it 6.5/10. :rolleyes:

As far as giving reason why i enjoy STO who the f*ck are you and why should i care? i don't need to justify why i enjoy the game by writing one page long reply.

Now continue to moan and cry how STO ruined your life.

you are a epic failure lol, i'm your moral compass! We the people that say this game is major issues seem to ruined your life and play experience :) that's why you come on here and cry that we hurt STO feelings :( game is lifeless,clunky and completely lack of any depth and gameplay..and it kills you that it is true :)

P.S a 6.5 ? come on....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Salex wrote:
    you are a epic failure lol, i'm your moral compass! We the people that say this game is major issues seem to ruined your life and play experience :) that's why you come on here and cry that we hurt STO feelings :( game is lifeless,clunky and completely lack of any depth and gameplay..and it kills you that it is true :)

Reading is not your strong point. I already mentioned that i gave 6.5/10. If it was perfect i would give it 10/10

Also the issue is not whether people give their opinions, the issue is when they try to pass it off as facts. But you any ways don't understand what difference of opinion means. Also you don't even own the game so anything you say is moot. I don't take opinions of free loader sock puppet accounts seriously. ;)

P.S yes 6.5 you are free to search my posts where i mentioned it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Reading is not your strong point. I already mentioned that i gave 6.5/10. If it was perfect i would give it 10/10

Also the issue is not whether people give their opinions, the issue is when they try to pass it off as facts. But you any ways don't understand what difference of opinion means. Also you don't even own the game so anything you say is moot. I don't take opinions of free loader sock puppet accounts seriously. ;)

Facts ? The game lacks depths=FACT, Ground Combat is clunky,terrible lack of rhyme or reason=Fact

This is a shell of the Star trek IP= FACT:eek:

P.S. YES i own the game played in since closed beta got to Captain, i pre-ordered it since November (Late) to give it a chance what ever you are playing now will not change game is lifeless i'm a star trek fan and this is a disgrace to the IP whether it's my OP or not many and i mean many agree and you will see next month when the servers will not have any issues with q's or any problem logging in lol..and cryptic moves on to there next "MMO" and fails at that as well and closes there doors :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Salex wrote:
    Facts ? The game lacks depths=FACT, Ground Combat is clunky,terrible lack of rhyme or reason=Fact

This is a shell of the Star trek IP= FACT:eek:

Once again..

6.5/10 for me game is not perfect and has lots of problems but then again i don't believe in going emo all over it. Also; those are your opinions; not FACTS.

/end of discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Once again..

6.5/10 for me game is not perfect and has lots of problems but then again i don't believe in going emo all over it. Also; those are your opinions; not FACTS.

/end of discussion.

You are going emo if i have you so flustered about how bad this game really is :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have been here since open beta and had all the TRIBBLE regarding the down-time for headstart AND the non-entry because of HUGE numbers of people waiting to log in...........Since you are new to STO, seems pretty lame for you to be spouting that you have no problems, when WE obviously have.

Been here since OB as well. And the OP is right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sadly, this is what the MMO community has become.

Not enough people play these games for what they are, and just enjoy what is there. Instead far too many players go into these games expecting and demanding it be a certain way, and when their expectations don't get met, they come to the forums and complain.

I can't remember the last time I played an MMO in which the entire forums were not full of doom and gloom complaints and predictions about how the game is a total failure.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Only thing left to do once you hit the level cap they put on you is complain.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Strombonni wrote:
    I do think they delivered a great MMO. I've having a blast. But I DO have a life, so maybe I don't need as much from it as other people do....

They DID deliver a great MMO...a great mmo developed in TWO years. I'm sorry if you don't get this, but I don't care how good you are, but NOBODY can deliver a full MMO in two years. They delivered something awesome...in TWO years. Period. What you have is all you could possibly expect. Even Blizzard, with planetloads of money they make from WoW, has taken forever with Diablo 3 and Starcarft.
    It's not them, guys, it's you. Sorry.

Nowhere on the box does it say - 'this game has been rushed to you in 2 years - in another 6 months it might be complete - but please buy this now to support us while we finish it'.